PDA

View Full Version : Recipes of Beef, Pork or even Wild Game

Biggie973
07-20-2009, 08:25 AM
I'd like to see our RX Muscle guys & gals with some new recipes especially with Beef, Pork or Wild Game. Lets have fun with these recipes.

schullax
07-21-2009, 02:01 AM
here's some of my faves! :) these are for beef. i don't eat pork, and haven't had wild game in ages. lol

Yukgaejang (http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/yukgaejang) (spicy beef stew)

Sogogi Gui (http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/grilled-beef) (grilled beef)

Bulgogi and Bulgulgi Chongol (http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/bulgogi-and-bulgogi-stew) (grilled beef/grilled beef soup)

Kalbi Jjim (http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/galbijjim) (beef short ribs)

D (http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/ddukguk)deokguk (http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/ddukguk) (rice cake soup with beef)

schullax
07-21-2009, 02:12 AM
here's a couple more recipes:

Egg Soup with Beef

1/4 cup ground beef
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons soaked and sliced oak mushrooms (or whatever kind you have)
1/4 cup diced green onion
3 cups water
1 egg

A.)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon table salt

B.)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon table salt

1.) add sesame oil and minced garlic to ground beef and stir fry. add sliced mushrooms.

2.) add water, season with (A) ingredients and bring to a boil. add sliced green onion.

3.) blend egg with (B) ingredients. pour in the boiling soup before removing from the stove.

----------------------------------------

Kimchi Chigae with Beef or Pork (kimchi soup)

3 cups kimchi
8 oz or 1 cup of beef or pork
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon crushed ginger
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or oil of your choice)
1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium or whatever you prefer)
beef or anchovy broth to cover

1.) cut kimchi into 1-inch lengths

2.) heat a pan. fry chopped garlic and crushed ginger in the oil. add meat. when meat is half cooked, add soy sauce. stir fry some more, and add the kimchi. stir. then pour beef or anchovy broth to cover the kimchi. bring to a boil and simmer for about 40 minutes.

3.) eat and enjoy.

if you want more spicy add red pepper flakes. you make anchovy broth by boiling 5 or 6 anchovies in water for about 20 minutes and then straining. alternately, you can use a piece of kombu and boil it for about 20 minutes.

you can also buy tuna that is specifically for making kimchi chigae.. it's in a spicy sauce. you can find it at korean markets or online. (koamart.com has some) - i posted the recipe in the tuna thread.

feel free to add some chopped green onion and chili peppers to garnish.. as well as some tofu for extra protein. (optional)

schullax
07-21-2009, 02:21 AM
um.. i don't think this would count as wild game, but lamb is good... you can grill a leg of lamb and it's pretty easy. i marinated mine in olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, lemon basil, lime basil, genovese basil, salt, pepper and a bit of mrs dash (the herb one)... let it set over night (or for a couple hours) in the fridge.. then the next day, put it on the grill til it's done (whatever done means to you lol).. i also put a bunch of herbs on the outside of it... and by a bunch, i mean like a bunch... like i grabbed some from my garden and died them up and laid them on the lamb leg... so as the grill is going, it gets that smokey herb flavor... then i made a garlic cream sauce to eat with it.. which that's fairly simple... garlic, onion, butter, flour and water/cream/milk/half and half- whatever's on hand, dash of salt and pepper, some red pepper flakes and voila! garlic cream sauce!

i don't much care for mint or rosemary with my lamb... but that's just me. :/

Biggie973
07-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the recipes, Schullax

Biggie973
07-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Cracked Peppercorn Steak

This is from MMI Sept. 2009 Issue

Ingredients:
4 oz. beef tenderloin
1 tsp. coarsely ground black peppercorns
2 oz. fat-free evaporated milk
1/8 cup unsweetened apple juice
Salt (to taste)
Fresh black pepper (to taste)
Olive oil cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray & set aside. Place ground peppercorns in a medium-sized bowl & dip tenderloin into the mixture. Preheat a skillet to medium-high & spray with cooking spray. Place the tenderloins in the skillet, cooking for approximately 3-5 minutes per side before removing to the baking sheet. Cook in the oven for approximately 5 minutes. Reduce skillet heat to low & add the juice. Heat for approximately 1 minute, add the milk, & then increase heat to high, stirring frequently until liquid boils. Reduce heat & simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until liquid begins to thicken. Top tenderloin with sauce & serve.

Nutritional Facts: Serves One
375 calories, 52g protein, 10g carbs, 14g fat

Biggie973
08-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Country Fried Steak

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
4 4-oz. slices lean sirloin steak
1 cup sliced mushrooms
4 onion slices, 1/4-inch thick
1 tsp. low-sodium beef-flavored bouillon granules
1 cup hot water
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup water
Nonstick cooking spray

Directions:
Mix flour with lemon pepper seasoning in a small dish, then sprinkle on steak. Set aside. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray & place over medium heat. Add steak & cook until browned, turning once. Top each piece of steak with mushrooms & one onion slice. In a small bowl, combine bouillon & hot water, stirring well. Add broth to skillet & bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove steak to a serving platter; cover to keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch & water, then stir into broth in skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened & bubbly. Return steak to skillet & simmer in gravy for a short time or until ready to serve. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.

Nutritional Facts: Serves 4 servings (per serving, steak & gravy only)
246 calories, 35g protein, 5g carbs, 9 g fat, 0g fiber.

Biggie973
08-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Ginger Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin

Makes Two Servings
>> 1-lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed
>> 11⁄2 Tbsp. roasted garlic teriyaki sauce
>> 11⁄2 tsp. cornstarch
>> 1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
>> 6 oz. pineapple juice
>> Nonstick cooking spray

Start: Cut tenderloin into half-inch-thick slices. Flatten slices with the palm of your hand. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.

Cook: Add pork and cook three minutes on each side or until browned. Combine teriyaki sauce and remaining ingredients in a small bowl and add to pork in skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for three minutes.

Serve: Remove pork from skillet, then spoon extra sauce over meat.

NUTRITION FACTS
(per 8-oz. serving):
312 calories, 48 g protein, 15 g carbs, 6 g fat, 0 g fiber