PDA

View Full Version : Var for Off Season?

GeminiJedi
07-20-2009, 09:34 AM
I know it's more of a cutting drug, and more of a hardener, but since it is mildly anabolic could it be used for after a show transitioning into off-season to help maximize the gains?

Also, what are your thoughts on a pro-hormone MMA-3 by American Cellular Labs (compound is androsta-1,4-dien-3,17-dione)?

sassy69
07-20-2009, 11:51 AM
I know it's more of a cutting drug, and more of a hardener, but since it is mildly anabolic could it be used for after a show transitioning into off-season to help maximize the gains?

Also, what are your thoughts on a pro-hormone MMA-3 by American Cellular Labs (compound is androsta-1,4-dien-3,17-dione)?

You can bulk or cut on most any AAS. The results will be driven by your diet & training (w/ the exception of how you choose to deal w/ those AAS that also promote water retention thru aromatization).

Var is a good all-around AAS for women. Its sides are mild & predictable while producing some muscle mass (i.e. its not uber androgenic) and also helps wonderfully w/ recovery.

To that end, absolutely you can run it off-season. But more, if you are looking at cycles for 'on-season' and 'off-season', you want to also schedule in time to clean out before starting over again. I don't know what sort of schedule you were looking at, but you could just keep running it thru your show and then into 'post show' for a period of time, as you can easily run long, low-dose var cycles.

Some questions I might throw out w/ regard to using it as sort of a 'bridge', is that you've got the "most anabolic time", post show to take advantage of, but your body will also be going thru some rebound while it looks to balance itself from the stresses of competition prep. I'm hoping others will chime in here on that issue... post show, but not quite into off-season.

I assume you're saying off-season would be done all natural?

RE: prohomones. I'm not familiar w/ the one you mention, but generally I don't like them because they are not regulated by the FDA and they are loaded w/ all sorts of stuffto make them "more marketable". ANd the stuff they load them w/ doesn't necessarily all go together (e.g. absorption of one thing can be inhibited by another if you aren't paying attention, tho they both may sound like good things to have). They because they contain all this different stuff, they alays seem to be uber hard on the liver. Whereas the real thing is usually the real thing. No other stuff.. just the AAS. IMO if you're going to go there, you're better off going w/ the real thing and not the well-marketed cocktails. JMHO. Keep it simple when you're experimenting w/ your body chemistry.

GeminiJedi
07-20-2009, 12:05 PM
My prep was done all natural, so this would be my first time on AAS. I have the var because I thought I was going to use it for prep, but ended up not using it. I had used the MMA at the very beginning of prep, and have most of it still. It's something my husband had used and suggested using, maybe bridging into the var with that. Personally, I'd rather do my own homework on it and was leaning towards just using the Var anyways.

sassy69
07-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I also posted your prohormone question on the OTC Chem board:

MMM-3 by American Cellular Labs? - RX Muscle Forums

heavyiron
07-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Court,
I agree with Sassy, Here is what I posted the other day to you at TP.

It will definately help you be more anabolic. You will gain strength, hardness and some size but it really is not a mass drug. Nutrition and training typically dictate the outcome of an aas cycle not the drug. Using aas after a prime is a very effective way to make gains, some would argue the most effective. If you do use it keep a journal. It will help you to see how effective it was as well as give you an idea on sides and help you plan future cycles.

btw, I would use the var over the PH. Oxandrolone is well studied with females and children but PH's are not.

sassy69
07-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Court,
I agree with Sassy, Here is what I posted the other day to you at TP.

It will definately help you be more anabolic. You will gain strength, hardness and some size but it really is not a mass drug. Nutrition and training typically dictate the outcome of an aas cycle not the drug. Using aas after a prime is a very effective way to make gains, some would argue the most effective. If you do use it keep a journal. It will help you to see how effective it was as well as give you an idea on sides and help you plan future cycles.

btw, I would use the var over the PH. Oxandrolone is well studied with females and children but PH's are not.

And to that point, w/ the journal, include your diet. FWIW I had shoulder surgery around Thxgiving last year and intended to compete in the USAs this coming weekend. As soon as I got thru the initial month of physical therapy and basic recovery, I talked to my trainer and immediately set up a bulk / recovery program at 3000 cals/day (300g carb, 200 g protein) to rebuild my shoulder. It has absolutely worked and I've got good symmetry again. The food is what will get you there. The AAS just supports whatever you are doing. Esp coming off a competition, I'd be sure to craft a diet that gets you transitioned out of the post-comp w/ minimal water retention and rebound, and then back to a good maintenance level where you can take advantage of the anabolic rebound + a var-supported cycle.

heavyiron
07-20-2009, 12:29 PM
And to that point, w/ the journal, include your diet. FWIW I had shoulder surgery around Thxgiving last year and intended to compete in the USAs this coming weekend. As soon as I got thru the initial month of physical therapy and basic recovery, I talked to my trainer and immediately set up a bulk / recovery program at 3000 cals/day (300g carb, 200 g protein) to rebuild my shoulder. It has absolutely worked and I've got good symmetry again. The food is what will get you there. The AAS just supports whatever you are doing. Esp coming off a competition, I'd be sure to craft a diet that gets you transitioned out of the post-comp w/ minimal water retention and rebound, and then back to a good maintenance level where you can take advantage of the anabolic rebound + a var-supported cycle.
Exactly,
Court and I had a good conversation about this Saturday after a NPC show. She definately sees the logic in getting your nutrition, training and recovery dialed in before using anabolics. I have always felt that aas are the final piece of the equation after everything else has been put into place.

btw, your progress pics look amazing J!

badfish51581
07-20-2009, 12:30 PM

It's the prohormone to equipose (boldenone) - meaning somewhere between 5-10% of that converts to boldenone in your system. The difference should be that it's not attached to an ester so the effects should be noticed much quicker.

sassy69
07-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Exactly,
Court and I had a good conversation about this Saturday after a NPC show. She definately sees the logic in getting your nutrition, training and recovery dialed in before using anabolics. I have always felt that aas are the final piece of the equation after everything else has been put into place.

Absolutely get the diet FIRST! That's what your body responds to at its most fundamental level. If you set up a consistent, well-optimized eating program your body willl respond like you can't imagine. The drugs just supplement that.

btw, your progress pics look amazing J!

Thx J! I'm working hard! Its kinda catching up w/ me tho... the adrenalin is starting to take over tho! I think I'll be more relaxed when I'm finally on the plane w/ no other distractions or work obligations. But I'm not off the clock until AFTER the nite show!

GeminiJedi
07-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Thanks guys :) Putting together diet stuff today and going to get back into things this week (probably get a lighter lift in tonight). Food definitely is the biggest/best component. I'll keep everyone updated on things, and get into the off season a couple weeks, figure out food first.