PDA

View Full Version : Inspired in Pittsburgh!

gman
07-20-2009, 11:04 AM
What a show! The competition was fierce. I saw guys in some divisions who did not even place, and they looked pretty incredible. The winners were insane. The two guys I came to support said the competition was much, much stronger than in 2008. Anyway, seeing my friends, the show, and the fact that my friends really gave me encouragement that I do have a good body for it, I am going for it! I am planning to do the Lenda Murray NPC Classic in August of 2010. It is held 20 minutes from my house, and I will have a whole year to get ready, diet down, and biggest of all: learn to do the poses (I think this is hardest of all!). Here are my latest pics, taken Saturday. My chest is pumped because I had just done my chest workout. I just thought I would see if you guys think I look like I have put on any size up top. I know I need to cut 50 or so lbs to do the show, but I am no longer even worried about doing it. I will start in earnest after my vacation to Mexico in August, and eat reasonably until then. After I get back, I will aim to lose 1 lb a week until I drop down under 190, then reassess. I am guessing I am 225 in the pics, I haven't weighed in a while.

No quitting this time, I vow!!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/031.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/namtrag/032.jpg

Quadsweep
07-20-2009, 12:29 PM
I was in the competition this weekend in Pitts. You are correct in the level of competition! I was 12th in heavies and I have placed in the top 5 @ Jr USA's! It was tough as hell! I think for sure you should give it a shot! Put all your hard work to the test. Even if the test is within yourself! The sport to me now is about self improvement. Truly an honorable endeavor!

Quadsweep

gman
07-20-2009, 12:39 PM
QS

It was damn tough, I could sometimes tell the 1st place guy right off, but after that....

I met a guy in the 40-49 who had won the overall Masters at a comp 3 weeks before, and I believe he said he got 25th place at this show.

Quadsweep
07-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah, I have no doubt that could happen. I really had a great time there. My Fiance' Rita Kaya won the over 55 and was 4th in the over 45 heavies. I am very proud of her. Dave and Joel talked with her a lot and asked the both of us to join the boards here. I was a Mod on Elite fitness for years but did not have the time or intrest anymore. I think I will post here for now on as I like the site much better.

Quad
QS

It was damn tough, I could sometimes tell the 1st place guy right off, but after that....

I met a guy in the 40-49 who had won the overall Masters at a comp 3 weeks before, and I believe he said he got 25th place at this show.

Quadsweep
07-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Masters BBers have a much better attitude than many of the younger guys. We mellow with age like wine I suppose! Good luck to you in your endeavors.

Quad

gman
07-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks, you are right about the mellowness.

I was so impressed at how nice the competitors were considering how much pressure was on, and the stresses of of cutting the water, etc. So encouraging and willing to talk, it was great!

My friend Ed placed 7th this year in 50-59 heavies, I think he was 3-4th last year. But he had a great attitude even though he was so disappointed. Just said, "it is what it is."

Luv2Hurt
07-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Masters BBers have a much better attitude than many of the younger guys. We mellow with age like wine I suppose! Good luck to you in your endeavors.

Quad

Very true my first masters show the other competitors were very cool. We all encouraged one another and they did not hesitate to tell you you looked good, if you did. Most were very pleasant with positive things to say to one another. They did not moan about their placings but may say to you, "you should have placed higher."

They were humble guys who were there to enjoy the moment and complete the journey.

Open competition a bit different with some people the complete opposite. There are jerks every where you go I guess LOL. But will say there are cool people there too.

gman good luck! It will be an interesting ride thats for sure.

gman
07-21-2009, 06:48 AM
L2H, I am ready to take the plunge. Talking in person with competitors and having them say I would do well at it makes me have a lot of hope and I will hate myself later if I don't give it my best shot now.

They all said I had one thing many don't: a set of wheels! lol

gman
07-27-2009, 12:53 PM
I was screwing around posing this weekend, and it was not pretty, side chest pretty easy facing right, can't even do it facing left. It's going to be my toughest part of getting on stage, even tougher than dieting down, I think.

GerryT
07-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Sent you a PM. I think you should go for it. And good luck!

Frosty
07-28-2009, 02:28 PM
gman wish I could have been there....Pittsburgh is my home town.

EBA84
07-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Toughest Masters Nationals yet. Placed 4th in the super heavyweight class. The light heavy weight class was ridiculous.

gman
07-29-2009, 10:26 AM
You are right, the 40-49 light heavies were incredible, and I think there were 35 men entered in that class.

I met a guy as he was leaving who had won a show a few weeks before in that class, and said he was expecting to at least get a top 10. He came in 25th.

GerryT
07-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Amen, felt bad for my pal Lance Jonhson. He won the 40 lwh in 2003 and 2004 and was 2nd in 2005. Thought he had at least a top 5. Amazing how the judges can consider and rank that many in a class!!

EBA, had you 2nd, but hope you come back and ace it.

Think the judges got it right in 40 overall, the pro card winners were incredible. Super tough show!

EBA84
07-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Amen, felt bad for my pal Lance Jonhson. He won the 40 lwh in 2003 and 2004 and was 2nd in 2005. Thought he had at least a top 5. Amazing how the judges can consider and rank that many in a class!!

EBA, had you 2nd, but hope you come back and ace it.

Think the judges got it right in 40 overall, the pro card winners were incredible. Super tough show!

Thanks Gerry. I will be doing the North America in 5 weeks.