PDA

View Full Version : Preparation for Junior Nationals 2010

Pages : [1] 2

Scoobysnacks
07-20-2009, 02:22 PM
The dust has settled; I took my month to kind of get some things out of my system, and now its time to focus like never before. Time to set a date and goal and push for that all year. That date and goal is the 2010 Junior Nationals. Ill probably also hit a few warm up shows as I felt that was very beneficial last year when I did that before Juniors. Gets the bugs out.

I was asked repeatedly to journal my offseason/contest prep for next year, so here it is. I'll share my training routine right now, and maybe even some decent lifts when I get there, my diet and my supplement strategies. Along with pics of course.

Speaking of, I was just notified that I am now a part of Team Scivation and a sponsored athlete. I take this very seriously and will work hard to represent them well. As a diet coach at Natty I already recommended Scivation supplements and I take their products daily so it was a GREAT fit. I'll detail my supplement stack in another post.

My diet this year is going to be higher fat and lower carbs than last year. I made great improvements last year, but I felt I got a little chunky for my liking and I also feel my testosterone took a dive from not eating enough EFAS and healthy fats. This is my own fault, and like I said I made improvements I was proud of but Im always striving to make it better. I believe under this approach I can eat more calories which Im gonna need to get this new LBM, while staying leaner than last year.

My current morning weight is hovering around 170 lbs. My goal is to hit Juniors at 154 1/4 shredded. I have about 7 lbs of LBM I can add I believe and still make this weight at the weigh ins. So I'm once again shooting for a morning weight of 180 without adding anymore bodyfat from where I am at current, and maybe even drop some in the process.

Its all about quality gains this year.

I figure I have 7 mos left to gain lean and then I'll diet for 16 weeks into the show.

Ill write a post in a minute about my current training program. Then I'll post my current diet.

Ss

Zetawill
07-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Good Luck bro! I hope I get to show up and see you up on stage bro.

Scoobysnacks
07-20-2009, 03:09 PM
My current training routine is DC. Though Ill make it clear I simply studied up on it and read, Im not being guided by any DC'ers.

I train Monday/Weds/Friday, repeat.

The following muscle groups are trained together.

Group A (and my three exercises done on different days)
biceps: drag curls, hammer machine curls, straight barbell curl
forearms: rope hammer curls, dumbell hammer curls, behind the back barbell forearm curls
calves: leg press toes at the top, seated calves, angled calf machine
hamstrings: standing leg curls, SLDL, lying leg curls
quads: sumo leg press, squats, hack squats; widowmaker of 20 on whatever leg exercises I didnt do, may be hacks then leg press etc.

Group B
chest: hammer strength decline, smith machine incline, Nautilus Nitro as I can put the handles together and really squeeze the upper chest. I then do 20 reps of machine push press flyes (I think thats what they called them), in any event its using a flye machine with the pads and putting your hands low and pushing then flying together, the main thing is the nasty stretch and the slow 7 second descent into the stretch then exploding up. This blows the pecs up, something I need.
triceps: push downs, french press with one dumbell, smith machine close grip bench.
shoulders: upright rows, hang clean press, hammer strength seated shoulder machine
back width: lat pull downs, rack chins, hammer lat pullover
back thickness: rack deads, low pulley rows, bent over rows with barbell

I started out with Group A on Monday, then Group B on Wednesday and then group A again on friday. You rest over the weekend, then start with Group A the next Monday.

The main premise is you do one exercise for the part listed above, you do as many warmup sets as you need. You only log your one working set. Most rep ranges are set at around 11-20 rest paused, some are straight setted lower though for safety reasons like squats and bent over rows and deads. A typical progression may be 8 reps, then you rest 20 seconds, then maybe 3-5 reps, then rest 20 seconds, then perhaps 1-3 reps.

Each time you must beat your previous either in weight (and stay in the proper rep range) or the same weight with more reps.

If you dont beat it, you lose that exercise, and since you should have picked exercises you feel will benefit you the most, you dont want to lose an exercise.

Then there is the stretching component. I always stretched to a degree but this is to a whole new level. I mean its painful, really painful. You have to be smart, you cant just jump into it though, you have to build up. But, man at times it feels like things are ripping off the bone. Strive for 60 seconds, Im at about 30 seconds right now on all stretches. The quad stretch like a sissy squat in the cage is BRUTAL.

So far Im liking it. By Monday Im ready to rock, so thats a good thing.

From time to time Ill post some PRs or some lifts.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
07-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Good Luck bro! I hope I get to show up and see you up on stage bro.

Thanks zeta if you do introduce yourself, part of the fun is meeting new people at the shows. Met some great people at the Juniors this year, it was a really cool experience.

hilly
07-20-2009, 05:34 PM
looking forward to following this pal, your dedication is something i really admire and something i am trying to copy myself.

Big Dave Smith
07-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Damn, I keep forgetting to email you. I'll be sure to get you the info. I'm really sorry!

MDur8
07-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Congrats on the sponsorship Scoobs! What are your macros looking like...and are you giong to be refeeding still?

Scoobysnacks
07-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Damn, I keep forgetting to email you. I'll be sure to get you the info. I'm really sorry!

Thanks Dave, I didnt want to bug you, but yeah anything you can share will be a HUGE help.

How did the show go? You competed after the GNC correct? Whats the gameplan now?

Scoobysnacks
07-20-2009, 05:46 PM
looking forward to following this pal, your dedication is something i really admire and something i am trying to copy myself.

Thanks Hilly. Set a goal, a realistic goal, and dont let anything stop you. Even if its just a photo shoot on X date. You will be unmovable.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
07-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Congrats on the sponsorship Scoobs! What are your macros looking like...and are you giong to be refeeding still?

Thanks MD. It will be something like this:

2800 cals to begin (im going for a 35/30/35 roughly)
320P
105C
125F

Only starches are going to be either pwo on training days and then morning on non training days.

Ill take a LARGE cheat meal Sat or Sunday as a refeed meal. I really like sushi for this followed by a huge bowl of ice cream and chocolate syrup.

Ill bump cals when my weight or strength stops increasing.

Have to remember my past month which I alluded to up top hasnt been structured. I take 1 month to not live by the food scale. I ate 6-8 meals daily just nothing was weighed out and it was all instinctual based on what my body wanted, so 2800 may be a deficit from where im at now. Ill have to make that assessment and up it if strength falls.

Bekim Rizvani
07-20-2009, 08:22 PM
No rest for the wicked I wee:)

UnfinishedBusiness
07-21-2009, 07:04 AM
The dust has settled; I took my month to kind of get some things out of my system, and now its time to focus like never before. Time to set a date and goal and push for that all year. That date and goal is the 2010 Junior Nationals. Ill probably also hit a few warm up shows as I felt that was very beneficial last year when I did that before Juniors. Gets the bugs out.

I was asked repeatedly to journal my offseason/contest prep for next year, so here it is. I'll share my training routine right now, and maybe even some decent lifts when I get there, my diet and my supplement strategies. Along with pics of course.

Speaking of, I was just notified that I am now a part of Team Scivation and a sponsored athlete. I take this very seriously and will work hard to represent them well. As a diet coach at Natty I already recommended Scivation supplements and I take their products daily so it was a GREAT fit. I'll detail my supplement stack in another post.

My diet this year is going to be higher fat and lower carbs than last year. I made great improvements last year, but I felt I got a little chunky for my liking and I also feel my testosterone took a dive from not eating enough EFAS and healthy fats. This is my own fault, and like I said I made improvements I was proud of but Im always striving to make it better. I believe under this approach I can eat more calories which Im gonna need to get this new LBM, while staying leaner than last year.

My current morning weight is hovering around 170 lbs. My goal is to hit Juniors at 154 1/4 shredded. I have about 7 lbs of LBM I can add I believe and still make this weight at the weigh ins. So I'm once again shooting for a morning weight of 180 without adding anymore bodyfat from where I am at current, and maybe even drop some in the process.

Its all about quality gains this year.

I figure I have 7 mos left to gain lean and then I'll diet for 16 weeks into the show.

Ill write a post in a minute about my current training program. Then I'll post my current diet.

Ss

Looking forward to following you JT!

I had been leaning towards the same direction as you for my next off-season, higher fat, moderate carbs and some variation of DC training.

I train by myself with no partner so full DC would be tough to do, but I love a lot of the principles of it.

Should be a great thread!

Good luck with everything!

Scoobysnacks
07-21-2009, 10:50 AM
No rest for the wicked I wee:)

You know it.

Looking forward to following you JT!

I had been leaning towards the same direction as you for my next off-season, higher fat, moderate carbs and some variation of DC training.

I train by myself with no partner so full DC would be tough to do, but I love a lot of the principles of it.

Should be a great thread!

Good luck with everything!

follow along and see how things work for me using this approach. This will be an ever evolving diet so we'll see where it takes me. Im not married to this approach as of now.

Scoobysnacks
07-21-2009, 10:51 AM
All measurements for food are in grams.

Egg White 245
Egg Yolk 70
Scivation Sesamin 1
Liver tabs 4
Scivation Whey Protein 40
Almond Butter 30
Broccoli 100
Scivation Sesamin 1
Liver tabs 4

Tuna 130
Broccoli 100
Almond Butter 33
Scivation Essential FA 2
Livers 4

Ground Beef (93%) 195
Scivation Essential FA 2
Liver 4
pre workout
Almond Butter 30
Liver 4

pwo
Scivation Whey Protein 36
Oats 65
Liver 4

Cottage Cheese (2%) 340
Almond Butter 23
Liver 4
Protein: 320
Carbs: 105
Fats: 125
Cals: @2800

On off days Ive moved the oats from pwo to Meal 1. All other meals unchanged. I will add more carbs as necessary or even up fats. Its doubtful Ill go much higher on protein, its already kind of high for my tastes, but wanted to try a bit higher consumption out this year since Im training DC right now and its recommended to take in 2 x bw. Not sure how crazy I am about that right now, but Im going to give it a go and see how it works for me.
Its about 40/20/40 or 35/30/35, in that range.
Ss

Scoobysnacks
07-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Today was 30 mins of morning LISS. Walked the neighborhood, couldnt help but enjoy the cool morning, reminded me of fall. Diet will be spot on today as posted earlier.

Ill be outlining my supplements very soon.

Ss

davidyes
07-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Ss,
What are the benefits of using liver tabs?

Scoobysnacks
07-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Ss,
What are the benefits of using liver tabs?

Tons of energy through B Vitamins, I feel slightly harder on them and by adding a few to meals I get an extra 36 grams protein from straight beef liver, so its an extra helping of beef. If I feel its to much protein they will be the first to be dropped.

MDur8
07-21-2009, 11:01 PM
I take it your including the carbs from almond butter towards your daily total?

Scoobysnacks
07-22-2009, 12:02 AM
I take it your including the carbs from almond butter towards your daily total?

Most definitely.

MDur8
07-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Thats what I figured...Ive been doing pretty much the same macros as you but my proteins around 1.5g per lb (240g), be sure to let us know how the higher protein works out! Also, are you taking any BCAA's before your cardio or around your workout?

Scoobysnacks
07-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Thats what I figured...Ive been doing pretty much the same macros as you but my proteins around 1.5g per lb (240g), be sure to let us know how the higher protein works out! Also, are you taking any BCAA's before your cardio or around your workout?

Im going to cover my supp protocol soon. But, yes Im taking 6 scoops of Xtend during workout. And 6 pwo.

Scoobysnacks
07-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Today has been hectic. Woke up to do my morning walk but it was raining and I was running late to a deposition anyways. Ill have to get it in after my workout tonight. Its nothing crazy just a leisurely walk for 25-30 mins.
Tonight is bis, forearms, calves, legs. DC style.
I will udpate my supps list soon. I need to get everything and lay out a plan. So until then Ill wait to post up what Im doing.
Ss

Scoobysnacks
07-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Thought Id post some pics from 2009 Jrs. Onward and upward from here. A few are from my own stash and I havent shared them yet.

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=1025983906451#/album.php?aid=88109&id=519411800&ref=mf

UnfinishedBusiness
07-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Thought Id post some pics from 2009 Jrs. Onward and upward from here. A few are from my own stash and I havent shared them yet.

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=1025983906451#/album.php?aid=88109&id=519411800&ref=mf

Awesome pics Scoob!

Looking forward to seeing the package you put together this year.

Scoobysnacks
07-23-2009, 07:52 PM
killed my workout tonight. As a treat I made kick ass protein pancake with bananas.

1 scoop Scivation Vanilla Whey
1/2 cup oats
one half banana cut into slices and dropped batter once in skillet (spread around evenly).
copious cinnamon
slight pinch of baking powder
Vanilla flavored Stevia a few drops
1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese

Mixed in the magic bullet to get a consistent mix.

Cooked on 6 for about 8 mins then flipped.

Used Waldens Farm sugar free syrup.

This was delicious. Next time Im gonna add granola and it would have tasted like my favorite banana granola crunch pancakes at FirstWatch.

Very tasty.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
07-24-2009, 01:11 PM
Scivation Whey (@2 scoops twice daily)
Scivation Xtend (2 scoops morning, 5 scoops with training, 5 scoops pwo)
Scivation Knockout (for restful sleep)
Scivation Dialene 4 (only for one month to recomp after 1 month of eating loosely)
Scivation Vasocharge (2 scoops prior to training)

Primaforce Insopro-R (1 with carb meals)
Primaforce Alcalean (3 per day)
Primaforce Lean Green (2 per day)
Primaforce Creaform (5 grams per day pwo)

Beverly Ultra 40 Liver Tabs (3 with meals, provides excellent source of EAAs and B Vitamins, I have good energy with this supplement)

Natty Slin Trol (with carb meals and cheat meals)

UnfinishedBusiness
07-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Scivation Whey (@2 scoops twice daily)
Scivation Xtend (2 scoops morning, 5 scoops with training, 5 scoops pwo)
Scivation Knockout (for restful sleep)
Scivation Dialene 4 (only for one month to recomp after 1 month of eating loosely)
Scivation Vasocharge (2 scoops prior to training)

Primaforce Insopro-R (1 with carb meals)
Primaforce Alcalean (3 per day)
Primaforce Lean Green (2 per day)
Primaforce Creaform (5 grams per day pwo)

Beverly Ultra 40 Liver Tabs (3 with meals, provides excellent source of EAAs and B Vitamins, I have good energy with this supplement)

Natty Slin Trol (with carb meals and cheat meals)

How do you like the knockout?

I have been thinking about trying some ZMA as I have been having a hard time sleeping lately, but interested to hear your take on the knockout as well.

Scoobysnacks
07-28-2009, 11:44 AM
How do you like the knockout?

I have been thinking about trying some ZMA as I have been having a hard time sleeping lately, but interested to hear your take on the knockout as well.

I really like Knockout. I started taking it actually during the last three weeks of contest prep because I have a REALLY hard time sleeping the leaner I get and I NEVER can sleep the night before a show. I also like the other herbs and benefits offered in it. Ive never been that big on ZMA, felt nothing from it.

Scoobysnacks
07-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Training is going well. Strength is increasing but not at the rate Im accustomed to after a show. Ive also felt a little tired and worn out. I can only conclude its my low carb higher fat diet. I am going to give it two more weeks as Im hardening up a good bit, and then switch into carbs. Carbs work for me. They keep me strong and with tons of energy. They make some sluggish, but me, I feel great on carbs, plenty of them.

Ill post what Im going to do when I get to that point in time.

Ive been hitting 30 mins cardio consistently each morning to try to combat any dietary indiscretions and stay decently lean. It makes me feel good and makes me more hungry for the day, easier to eat more food so I can grow.

Ill update when I switch over.

Ss

Quadsweep
07-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Training is going well. Strength is increasing but not at the rate Im accustomed to after a show. Ive also felt a little tired and worn out. I can only conclude its my low carb higher fat diet. I am going to give it two more weeks as Im hardening up a good bit, and then switch into carbs. Carbs work for me. They keep me strong and with tons of energy. They make some sluggish, but me, I feel great on carbs, plenty of them.

Ill post what Im going to do when I get to that point in time.

Ive been hitting 30 mins cardio consistently each morning to try to combat any dietary indiscretions and stay decently lean. It makes me feel good and makes me more hungry for the day, easier to eat more food so I can grow.

Ill update when I switch over.

Ss just curious how much over contest weight you go? I have been withen 8-10 pounds for years and I just do not think I can gain lean mass that lean. And I don't do cardio either. Or are you just staying down for summer?

Quad

Scoobysnacks
07-30-2009, 09:41 PM
just curious how much over contest weight you go? I have been withen 8-10 pounds for years and I just do not think I can gain lean mass that lean. And I don't do cardio either. Or are you just staying down for summer?

Quad

I weighed in at 150 and I was 173 this morning and 175 just now. There is no way I can stay super lean and only go 8 lbs above and gain and considerable muscle. I use to do the lower carb thing year round, high protein, and I just never could gain any ground. Last year I got a little softer but pounded the carbs and food and I jumped a weight class. Im going to try to jump another at least locally to welter. Will still diet in to lightweight for Jrs. In any event, I dont stay at 5% or anything like you said you did the past few. I was 9% yesterday when my wife took it.

Ss

Quadsweep
07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
I weighed in at 150 and I was 173 this morning and 175 just now. There is no way I can stay super lean and only go 8 lbs above and gain and considerable muscle. I use to do the lower carb thing year round, high protein, and I just never could gain any ground. Last year I got a little softer but pounded the carbs and food and I jumped a weight class. Im going to try to jump another at least locally to welter. Will still diet in to lightweight for Jrs. In any event, I dont stay at 5% or anything like you said you did the past few. I was 9% yesterday when my wife took it.

Ss
I figure I will go to about 7% which is the same about as you @ 9% as I weigh more. I think that will be a sufficient cusion....so to speak.

Quad

Scoobysnacks
07-31-2009, 12:11 PM
This closes out another week on the lower carb. I was going to give it one more week, but Im fine with my bodyfat. On a nine site it tested at 9.09%. Its time to switch gears and get this offseason started right.

Here will be my diet:

7 egg whites
2 wholes
3/4 cup oats tbsp almond butter
3 liver tabs

2 scoops Scivation Whey
1 bagel
2 tbsp almond butter
3 livers

130 grams turkey burger
1 7 oz sweet potato
2 tbsp almond butter
3 livers

2 scoops scivation whey
1 bananna
1 apple or plum
Couple Essential Scivation FAs
3 liver tabs

Train

PWO
50 grams protein
50 grams carbs
10 grams fats
3 liver tabs

(this meal is open, but I strive to hit these macros, Ill probably get more on many nights, but that is the minimum)

Treat, snacks that I want
I wont lie this might be raisinets or a bowl of ice cream, it could also be a chocolate protein shake with ice and almond butter blended up.

1 scoops Scivation Whey
1 cup cottage cheese
3 liver tabs

Its more relaxed than I have been in the past but Im going by feel here. Ill be honest and say after weighing out each morsel for 5 months Im just sort of burnt out on it. And if Im going to diet again for 4-5 months for Juniors next year I need a bit of break from weighing food every damn day. Ill adjust the food upward as I stick in weight which for me occurs A LOT. Much like last year my first goal is a 180 solid morning weight where abs can still be seen in the mirror. This morning I was 170. yesterday morning after an off day I was 173 so just from training I dropped off 3 lbs, dont know where it went really. I ate a truckload of food yesterday and all evening after training. I just kept sweating though. I had a client meeting and I was sitting there with my legs sticking to the leather office chair.....

I also did 35 mins LISS this morning on our eliptical while watching the news. So Im sticking with that especially on off days.

My wife and two other clients are competing in the Kentucky State this weekend, so Im out of town about 3pm today. Should be fun to cheer her on and have the tables reversed a little.

Ill outline my new DC split here soon, which I will be starting Monday.

Stay tuned.

Ss

dajossel
08-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Just wondering why you add fat to your PWO? Wouldnt that slow the absorption of the Carbs and Protein or is that just a myth?

becks
08-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Just wondering why you add fat to your PWO? Wouldnt that slow the absorption of the Carbs and Protein or is that just a myth?

Fat will slow the rate at which carbohydrates are digested.

The myth is that you require a significant insulin spike to replenish glycogen post-workout. In controlling insulin you allow your body to be more anabolic over a longer period of time while continuing to replenish glycogen. This will enable you to hold a lower bodyfat while continuing to gain lean mass through the off-season.

Sorry SS thought I would add some content and I am bored waiting for the girlfriend to get out the shower lol

Scoobysnacks
08-02-2009, 08:58 PM

The myth is that you require a significant insulin spike to replenish glycogen post-workout. In controlling insulin you allow your body to be more anabolic over a longer period of time while continuing to replenish glycogen. This will enable you to hold a lower bodyfat while continuing to gain lean mass through the off-season.

Sorry SS thought I would add some content and I am bored waiting for the girlfriend to get out the shower lol

Not a problem at all, you summed it up.

MDur8
08-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Scoobs what is your fat source for the post workout meal?

mattyb
08-02-2009, 10:20 PM

Do you guys think a pwo shake is not necessary? Should I just have a whole food meal afterwards? I have just always been told to have a high gi shake pwo with some protein.

becks
08-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Do you guys think a pwo shake is not necessary? Should I just have a whole food meal afterwards? I have just always been told to have a high gi shake pwo with some protein.

I don't want to hijack SS's thread but to answer your question, try different things and see what works best for you.

Too much emphasis is based on PWO nutrition and this leads to less dedication to the overall equation. What you consume through out the day, week, and even month will directly impact your body composition.

Some people will find it easier to have a shake with some anpb and oats, others may find that a steak and potato or halibut with sweet potato and olive oil to be more beneficial. Base this decision on your appetite, if you do not feel hungry after training have the shake but if you are starving eat a meal.

Scoobysnacks
08-03-2009, 11:17 AM
Scoobs what is your fat source for the post workout meal?

Well if I eat lean ground beef that will suffice as at minimum Im getting 10 grams. If I just have a shake its been almond butter and oats for carbs.

Scoobysnacks
08-03-2009, 11:19 AM

If you are ingesting carbs throughout the day and arent terribly depleted this huge spike pwo isnt necessary, IMHO. Taking in some carbs is important and usually if I can stomach it I do a whole food meal. Food hasnt been sounding good lately so Ive been having what I can get in, rather than what sounds good as not much has been sounding good. I hit these phases, but I still eat.

Now if you are eating really low carb you may get more mileage out of the high GI carb pwo.

mattyb
08-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Great, thanks! Sorry to hijack

Maryland Muscle
08-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Looking good, J. Nice and lean. Your mentality this off-season will give you the results you want at Junior Nationals.

UnfinishedBusiness
08-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't want to hijack SS's thread but to answer your question, try different things and see what works best for you.

Too much emphasis is based on PWO nutrition and this leads to less dedication to the overall equation. What you consume through out the day, week, and even month will directly impact your body composition.

Some people will find it easier to have a shake with some anpb and oats, others may find that a steak and potato or halibut with sweet potato and olive oil to be more beneficial. Base this decision on your appetite, if you do not feel hungry after training have the shake but if you are starving eat a meal.

Becks and Scoob, you both made the same point about the post workout insulin spike being not necessary.

Also been reading more and more people agree with you both on that.

Question for you guys, since you both seem very knowledgeable:

I have seen many bodybuilders make incredible gains from taking insulin before and after their workout, and changing nothing else in their routine/gear usage.

The pwo insulin spike craze seemed to start when people realized that bb's were making great gains from insulin.

Do you think that the gains from insulin are BS, or do you think that a big pwo spike from things other than insulin will not have the same effect as insulin?

Scoobysnacks
08-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Becks and Scoob, you both made the same point about the post workout insulin spike being not necessary.

Also been reading more and more people agree with you both on that.

Question for you guys, since you both seem very knowledgeable:

I have seen many bodybuilders make incredible gains from taking insulin before and after their workout, and changing nothing else in their routine/gear usage.

The pwo insulin spike craze seemed to start when people realized that bb's were making great gains from insulin.

Do you think that the gains from insulin are BS, or do you think that a big pwo spike from things other than insulin will not have the same effect as insulin?

I have to tread carefully here becuase I know NOTHING about shooting insulin. In fact I think its a dangerous practice. Ive heard to many guys say I took my shot and I didnt eat enough carbs and I was fighting to not fall asleep, really, so you were about to go into a potential coma for bodybuilding, perfect, good going. Anyways....

There is no doubt insulin is very anabolic and potentiates a lot of growth, but I think as a natural looking to grow using very high glycemic carbs to illicit such response is misguided, even for a guy that uses a low amount of anabolics. Now you go adding a good bit of anabolics to the equation, then yes i think you have an equation for massive growth without as much fat accumulation.

So my answer is you have to look at the whole picture and not just insulin usage alone, but anabolic usage as well.

I think if a natty were to just use an insulin protocol they would get more fat gain than muscle gain, is another way to say it.

Quadsweep
08-06-2009, 01:41 PM
I have to tread carefully here becuase I know NOTHING about shooting insulin. In fact I think its a dangerous practice. Ive heard to many guys say I took my shot and I didnt eat enough carbs and I was fighting to not fall asleep, really, so you were about to go into a potential coma for bodybuilding, perfect, good going. Anyways....

There is no doubt insulin is very anabolic and potentiates a lot of growth, but I think as a natural looking to grow using very high glycemic carbs to illicit such response is misguided, even for a guy that uses a low amount of anabolics. Now you go adding a good bit of anabolics to the equation, then yes i think you have an equation for massive growth without as much fat accumulation.

So my answer is you have to look at the whole picture and not just insulin usage alone, but anabolic usage as well.

I think if a natty were to just use an insulin protocol they would get more fat gain than muscle gain, is another way to say it. I have dabled in insulin use. It does not suit me well as I tend to run kinda low end blood sugar anyways. I have crashed several time last one really bad having me hyper ventilateing and vision going dark. Ripped a coke from the drive thru windows girls hands before I went out. Snapped back and was fine but she was scared shitless. I advise aginst Insulin use unles one is A. very smart and B. a very very serious level BBer. National level I mean to say. To riskyIE. = death.

Quad

UnfinishedBusiness
08-07-2009, 09:59 AM

I think if a natty were to just use an insulin protocol they would get more fat gain than muscle gain, is another way to say it.

Interesting.

Fully agree with you on using insulin, I would not use it at all.

Makes sense what you are saying about the synergy between anabolic agents.

I am just trying to really interpret the benefit/down side of the post workout insulin spike which has become a huge part of so many bb'ers diet.

I see your points however and they are very good.

Thanks!

Scoobysnacks
08-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Interesting.

Fully agree with you on using insulin, I would not use it at all.

Makes sense what you are saying about the synergy between anabolic agents.

I am just trying to really interpret the benefit/down side of the post workout insulin spike which has become a huge part of so many bb'ers diet.

I see your points however and they are very good.

Thanks!

If you are a low carber all day then it may have more benefits to you, if you eat carbs all day during the offseason I just dont see it being that beneficial. Only truly beneficial if you are in a severely depleted state. Then you are looking at the TKD type dieting, low carb all day, carbs before workout and high GI carbs pwo. Like anything it also depends on your approach to offseason dieting and even contest dieting.

Scoobysnacks
08-07-2009, 11:35 AM
I hit 175 morning weight (and climbing) this morning. Im certainly not ripped lol but abs are still visible, but defintely have a nice coat over them. Pushing for 180 morning weight. I need to be able to get to that or better and hold it until I compete again in order to reset my body. That would then give me 25+ lbs to work with to make 154 1/4 for Jrs next year.

Also I know I wrote that I was going to do the 4 day DC split but after watching the video with Wojo in it I think I should go back to the 3 day split. He says 90% of people will get the most mass and results from that split, and right now overall size is paramount for me.

Other news, my wife, Stephaney, is crossing over to womens bodybuilding. She is going to be training DC with me when schedule permits, which is helpful as DC works best with a spotter.

Im going to try really hard to post up some workouts, Im just super busy right now, and whenever Im posting my log book is not by my side.

Ss

Extreme One
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
My current training routine is DC. Though Ill make it clear I simply studied up on it and read, Im not being guided by any DC'ers.

I train Monday/Weds/Friday, repeat.

The following muscle groups are trained together.

Group A (and my three exercises done on different days)
biceps: drag curls, hammer machine curls, straight barbell curl
forearms: rope hammer curls, dumbell hammer curls, behind the back barbell forearm curls
calves: leg press toes at the top, seated calves, angled calf machine
hamstrings: standing leg curls, SLDL, lying leg curls
quads: sumo leg press, squats, hack squats; widowmaker of 20 on whatever leg exercises I didnt do, may be hacks then leg press etc.

Group B
chest: hammer strength decline, smith machine incline, Nautilus Nitro as I can put the handles together and really squeeze the upper chest. I then do 20 reps of machine push press flyes (I think thats what they called them), in any event its using a flye machine with the pads and putting your hands low and pushing then flying together, the main thing is the nasty stretch and the slow 7 second descent into the stretch then exploding up. This blows the pecs up, something I need.
triceps: push downs, french press with one dumbell, smith machine close grip bench.
shoulders: upright rows, hang clean press, hammer strength seated shoulder machine
back width: lat pull downs, rack chins, hammer lat pullover
back thickness: rack deads, low pulley rows, bent over rows with barbell

I started out with Group A on Monday, then Group B on Wednesday and then group A again on friday. You rest over the weekend, then start with Group A the next Monday.

The main premise is you do one exercise for the part listed above, you do as many warmup sets as you need. You only log your one working set. Most rep ranges are set at around 11-20 rest paused, some are straight setted lower though for safety reasons like squats and bent over rows and deads. A typical progression may be 8 reps, then you rest 20 seconds, then maybe 3-5 reps, then rest 20 seconds, then perhaps 1-3 reps.

Each time you must beat your previous either in weight (and stay in the proper rep range) or the same weight with more reps.

If you dont beat it, you lose that exercise, and since you should have picked exercises you feel will benefit you the most, you dont want to lose an exercise.

Then there is the stretching component. I always stretched to a degree but this is to a whole new level. I mean its painful, really painful. You have to be smart, you cant just jump into it though, you have to build up. But, man at times it feels like things are ripping off the bone. Strive for 60 seconds, Im at about 30 seconds right now on all stretches. The quad stretch like a sissy squat in the cage is BRUTAL.

So far Im liking it. By Monday Im ready to rock, so thats a good thing.

From time to time Ill post some PRs or some lifts.

Ss

Hey Scoob,

Great journal. Why Sumo Leg press for quads? I have trained DC in the past and recently started up again. I have always/am currently doing sumo leg presses with my feet high for hams.

hilly
08-07-2009, 04:55 PM
DC is a very interesting and good way of training. but is much more effective with a spotter. i tried it last year but as i train bymyself it can be a bit of a nightmare. good stuff on getting to train with your wife this should be a great benefit.

Scoobysnacks
08-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey Scoob,

Great journal. Why Sumo Leg press for quads? I have trained DC in the past and recently started up again. I have always/am currently doing sumo leg presses with my feet high for hams.

Yeah you are right I mislabeled them to be honest. Im doing a regular leg press for quads one day, though stance is a bit closer together to target the sweep. Do you recommend a different exercise?

fitcorps
08-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Jason, great journal so far, as I knew it would and know it WILL BE! I'm really hoping I can follow this daily. You have a wealth of knowledge that is priceless. Life may dictate that I can't so if I ask questions I hope you don't mind ;)

BTW, I know it's a ways away, but are you going to be attending any of the shows in OH this fall:

IFBB North Americans
Libermans
Big Dust
Monster Mash
Etc...?

bhman6
08-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Kyle and J

hope I can see both of you at most of those shows (when and where is the big dust?)

Scoobysnacks
08-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Jason, great journal so far, as I knew it would and know it WILL BE! I'm really hoping I can follow this daily. You have a wealth of knowledge that is priceless. Life may dictate that I can't so if I ask questions I hope you don't mind ;)

BTW, I know it's a ways away, but are you going to be attending any of the shows in OH this fall:

IFBB North Americans
Libermans
Big Dust
Monster Mash
Etc...?

Yep ask away, I dont mind repeating something I know some people are busy and cant sift through all the drivel, lol.

I have 4-5 people in the mash so Ill be there for sure, will you be there? Let me know. Ill probably go to the Ohio State show in Columbus, I have one client in that one. Big Dust is no longer being held. Libermans is to far and North Americans (although same distance as libermans) I considered it as I have a client in that as well, but Ill be on vacation. I also have two people in the Natural Northern, so Id like to hit them all, but 5 hr drive one way when Im not competing is a bit much to travel.

Who knows though I may change my mind about Natural Northern. Ill let you now if I do, otherwise plan on the Ohio State in 6 weeks or the Mash in october. We can all meet up.

Scoobysnacks
08-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Kyle and J

hope I can see both of you at most of those shows (when and where is the big dust?)

Ben see my post above this one.

Quadsweep
08-08-2009, 12:36 AM

IFBB North Americans Doing this show
Libermans
Big Dust
Monster Mash
Etc...?

IFBB North Americans =Doing this show
Libermans= May Judge it
Big Dust= No longer held
Monster Mash =Judging

Quadsweep

bhman6
08-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Quadsweep have you judged the lakewood before?

Quadsweep
08-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Quadsweep have you judged the lakewood before? No, But I may this year.

fitcorps
08-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Jeff, I think you've judged me before in the mash...maybe both times I did it. You look great in your avatar. I remember you telling me about tearing your quad...how's that doing?

Quadsweep
08-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Jeff, I think you've judged me before in the mash...maybe both times I did it. You look great in your avatar. I remember you telling me about tearing your quad...how's that doing? Well i just did Masters Natls! look at pics on this site! Can't tell who you are from your avatar but I have judged the mash for seveeral years now.

J.

Quadsweep
08-08-2009, 09:18 PM
sorry your thread was jacked Ss!

Scoobysnacks
08-08-2009, 10:09 PM
sorry your thread was jacked Ss!

Totally fine you guys are welcome to take it over, maybe it will add something good in here. :beerbang:

Extreme One
08-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah you are right I mislabeled them to be honest. Im doing a regular leg press for quads one day, though stance is a bit closer together to target the sweep. Do you recommend a different exercise?

No. Regular leg press is a good one for quads.

I personally find a sumo leg press with my feet high and wide (only heels on platform) is a great ham exercise. Going slow on the negative and pushing through the heels really blasts my hams. Plus it is an exercise that I can consistently progress on.

Good luck!

Scoobysnacks
08-14-2009, 08:07 PM
I hit 180, feel kinda soft, but its offseason so, as long as I dont get to sloppy ll carry on. I think the extra fats to my diet compared to last year is doing a really good job of allowing me to grow. I also think the DC stretches are also very helpful. My calves seem to have responded best way more diamond shape to them and more 3D looking if that makes sense (still not cows, yet), with my chest feeling a bit fuller too.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1542-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1535-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1538-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_1534-1.jpg

hilly
08-15-2009, 05:52 AM
SHIT you look massive mate im very shocked and impressed. great stuff.

davidyes
08-15-2009, 11:11 PM
It's pretty interesting to see the differences in your physique from precontest to offseason.

Scoobysnacks
08-16-2009, 01:43 PM
It's pretty interesting to see the differences in your physique from precontest to offseason.

Are you calling me fat, Just kidding.

Scoobysnacks
08-16-2009, 01:44 PM
SHIT you look massive mate im very shocked and impressed. great stuff.

THanks Hilly.

Shulk
08-19-2009, 11:50 AM
You said our pictures look similar, but you look jacked buddy. Looking really thick!

Shulk
08-19-2009, 12:04 PM
What are you doing to make your chest fuller, I really need some help in that category.

Scoobysnacks
09-02-2009, 04:35 PM
What are you doing to make your chest fuller, I really need some help in that category.

I think the DC training with tons of fats in my diet (I use almond butter) DC recommends EVOO, but I dont like it much unless on salads.

The DC training along with the intense stretching I think it is helping, but my chest always sucks donkey balls. Just keep trying different things.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Last year my diet was high carb but lacked enough fats, I think I left gains on the table.

So new training style and more fats in diet have helped me gain I think.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
09-02-2009, 04:36 PM
You said our pictures look similar, but you look jacked buddy. Looking really thick!

I dont know man when I saw your pics I was pretty impressed, I guess we all are our own worst critics.

BTW, I was out on vacay so sorry for the delayed response.

Scoobysnacks
09-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Okay my winter lean gain phase will begin tomorrow. Ill try to stay as lean as possible but the goal is to gain as much as I can.

Im starting with 3500 cals as my base diet.

Its a 35/30/35 set up.

So that means 315 protein, 235 carbs and 135 grams of fat. All macros are evenly dispersed so thats 51p/43c/22f per meal.

On off days Ill drop the starces from meal 6 which will yield a 30 carb deficit as Ill still get carbs from my powder and almonds that meal.

Once per week Ill have a spike day where Ill at least double my carb intake and probably not with so clean foods. Ill probably keep protien constant that day but will drop fats a decent bit.

Ill keep moving this up as I stall out.

Ss

hilly
09-02-2009, 06:06 PM
seems like a good plan mate, have you decided on the exercises for your next blast with DC, i have been reading your thread over on intensemuscle.

UnfinishedBusiness
09-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey Scoob, whats your weight at these days?

Scoobysnacks
09-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Hey Scoob, whats your weight at these days?

UB when I got back from vacay I had lost 5 lbs, so around 175-176 its been teetering. Ill get back to 180 and Im going to keep upping my diet from here at 3500 until Im at 190 at least. I fear it may take a truck load of food. We'll see.

UnfinishedBusiness
09-04-2009, 10:11 AM
UB when I got back from vacay I had lost 5 lbs, so around 175-176 its been teetering. Ill get back to 180 and Im going to keep upping my diet from here at 3500 until Im at 190 at least. I fear it may take a truck load of food. We'll see.

Cool, I am sure you will get there! you still liking the DC? I just ordered the DC video, should be getting it next week. I am going to give it a try with my next bulk.

Scoobysnacks
09-04-2009, 02:31 PM
Cool, I am sure you will get there! you still liking the DC? I just ordered the DC video, should be getting it next week. I am going to give it a try with my next bulk.

Loving it now that Im rolling with it. It does take a bit to get used to. I can admit now the first 3 weeks I wasnt crazy about it, but now its addicting and efficient, and getting me great results, so yes Im loving it now.

UnfinishedBusiness
09-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Loving it now that Im rolling with it. It does take a bit to get used to. I can admit now the first 3 weeks I wasnt crazy about it, but now its addicting and efficient, and getting me great results, so yes Im loving it now.

Glad to hear it!

I am looking forward to trying it out!

Scoobysnacks
09-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Things have been crazy and good. Im working a lot at my day job and Im now seeing clients almost daily for Natty. Ill rush to the gym, get my workout in, rush home, shower and meet with people until 10pm or so. Then on weekends Ive been seeing around 4-8 people on Sundays. I love the nutrition consulting. Its just such a dichotomy between my day job in many ways. Whereas, usually Im putting my brain to work on how to best position my company, and ultimately put the screws to someone else, with nutrition you are just trying to help the person be the best THEY can be. And its quite rewarding. So Natty is going well.

See www.nattynutrition.com (http://www.nattynutrition.com/) for an update on a few national competitors who recently competed, its on the front page, so just click the link.

If you havent done so, join our facebook page if you are on facebook we also update about competitors on that page too. I try to do my best but I dont get everyone unfortunately, but we try to keep it updated.

Now to me. Ive been eating bigger than I ever have and am probably the strongest Ive ever been. The bodyfat percentage isnt really going up because Im also adding lbm, but the skinfolds have gotten to ranges I havent seen in qutie some time. I pinched a 15mm on the ab the other day not sure how I feel about that, but Im confident to continue to move up the classes and get better I need this offseason to be a 40+ above stage weight type offseason.

Morning weight has been anywhere from 186 to 182 depending on what I ate. I even saw one 190 evening weight after a pizza, lol. Yes mainly water, but hey, I hadnt seen it before, so its progress.

I had to buy new work clothes. My 32 pants, although fitting the waist, wouldnt fit my legs or butt at all. Had to get new shirsts too. So thats all good signs Im growing.

I try not to look in the mirror to long as its not the look I care for to be honest, but I figure I need these times in order to be able to stay lean at 180 or even 190 in the distant future, as there will come a time I wont be competing and will just want to stay lean.

Diet got real sloppy, was hitting my protein reqs but eating every carb in sight.

Since Saturday its been cleaned up and I feel better and Im still really strong.

Ill try to get some pics in the near future and post a few to see where Im at currently.

Hope everyone is well.

Ss

becks
10-05-2009, 07:18 PM
I feel your pain SS, I clipped a 9mm on my abs and feel fat lol

I will keep it under a 10mm through the off-season as I generally gain better when leaner. That and I feel 100 times better not having a puffy face lol

Bekim Rizvani
10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
looking large my friend

Scoobysnacks
10-06-2009, 02:19 PM
I feel your pain SS, I clipped a 9mm on my abs and feel fat lol

I will keep it under a 10mm through the off-season as I generally gain better when leaner. That and I feel 100 times better not having a puffy face lol

One year I made myself stay at 8. I got very lean for me show, but added nothing to my contest weight, it was actually the lowest it had ever been, but it was to that date my best showing too, so...

Last year, I let it get to around 13-15 again, and I had my best shwoing and added 10 lbs to my previous stage weight, and was still able to get the glutes and hams in, etc.

So based on those to two observations I think for my bodytype I have to get a little fluffly to make any appreciable muscle gains.

Live Ive said though, I feel better lower as well, and at some point in time Im hoping I dont have to become such a cream puff.

Scoobysnacks
10-06-2009, 02:20 PM
looking large my friend

Thanks, that so next time I can hang with you in the overall, or at least have a better chance.:)

becks
10-06-2009, 05:11 PM
One year I made myself stay at 8. I got very lean for me show, but added nothing to my contest weight, it was actually the lowest it had ever been, but it was to that date my best showing too, so...

Last year, I let it get to around 13-15 again, and I had my best shwoing and added 10 lbs to my previous stage weight, and was still able to get the glutes and hams in, etc.

So based on those to two observations I think for my bodytype I have to get a little fluffly to make any appreciable muscle gains.

Live Ive said though, I feel better lower as well, and at some point in time Im hoping I dont have to become such a cream puff.

Last year I relaxed too much and clipped a 17mm on the abs. Business was busy and I was traveling much more due to some contract obligations.

Through that time I lost lbm as my diet was crap with training and sleep being affected as well.

You have to respect Mark for all he does on top of competing, family, dieting, training and visiting accounts. Don't know how he does it all.

Scoobysnacks
12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Well after a nice long lean bulk i ended at 190 and 11.4%. Lots of glycogen and water and bloat but also I made some nice muscle gains. Right now Ive REALLY cleaned up the diet. Im eating around 2700 cals in order to recomp right now, or really just hold what I got and start to bring the bodyfat down for a bit. Id like to get my ab pinch back to the 10mm range. My macros are 275P/215C/75F. Im having 1-2 cheat meals per week. Im getting leaner and strength is holding. Im doing very little cardio. 20 mins on two of my off days in the morning.

I looked back at my old journal from last year and I started prep around 165 after my freakin surgery and vacation. I know I lost weight going into that prep.

This year Im really hoping to start a) leaner and b) around 180 morning weight. If I dropped off 20 lbs that would put me at 160 for some local shows and hopefully with the ability to get down to 154 for Junior Nats weigh ins. We'll see how it all goes.

Once my ab pinch gets back to 10mm, Ill up the carbs to about 300 keep protein and fats constant. This will allow me to maintain my weight at that point and rev metabolism for the true push 16 weeks out from Jrs.

This is my rough diet:

egg whites
1 yolk
1 packet weight control oats
4 fish oils

2 scoops Scivation whey
almonds
3 fish oils

top round
two pieces of whole wheat bread
1 slice fat free cheese
4 fish oils

Same as #2 above
but add 1 banana
4 fish oils

Train

PWO:
96% lean ground beef
1 sweet potato with waldens caramel sauce (thanks Maryland Muscle for that one)
3 fish oils
4 liver tabs

2% cottage cheese
1 string cheese
1 weight control oats
3 fish oils
4 liver tabs.

Once or twice per week Ill eat a cheat meal that is high carb to simulate a refeed. Im not trying to get shredded Im just getting the bodyfat back to more controllable levels

fltallpaul
12-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Don't be shy Scoobs...lets see your bulk on screen...I need a role model for my off season growth!

Scoobysnacks
12-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Don't be shy Scoobs...lets see your bulk on screen...I need a role model for my off season growth!

haha we'll see. In the pics above I was 180 add a bit more girth that lol. I may get some pics up.

Ss

BLUEBARON75
12-04-2009, 10:17 AM
looking good man

KyMuscle
12-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Scooby, are you still training DC style?

If not, why?

Scoobysnacks
12-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Scooby, are you still training DC style?

If not, why?

I could have sworn I answered this, maybe it didnt post.

I am not at th emoment I did a blast for 10 weeks. then was going to do a cruise for 2, but it ended up being 8 weeks at this point. My shoulders have been giving me issues and Ive been training around them to give them a break before I really have to start prepping. I have taken some of the principles, especially for calves and a lot of the stretches, but I am not doing it right now.

Main reason was I needed a change. And Im enjoying what Im doing right now.

ss

Scoobysnacks
01-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Okay this may get a bit lengthy but Ill try to keep it as short as possible.

Its been a bit since I updated my thread here, mainly because Ive been so damn busy I havent had as much time for the boards. My prep business has grown by leaps and bounds, doing really well locally, but also a lot online as well. So between that and my day job Im busy as can be, but making time for it all. I thought Id let you know about a few things that will be different for this upcoming prep that I believe will lead to much success

1) I'm very fortunate to be backed by an my sponsor, Scivation, for this national run. I'm very appreciative of their support for me and bodybuilding in general. I use their supplements, same with my prep clients, and we offer them online because we believe in their applications.

2) For this prep I'll also be teaming up with Shelby Starnes. I believe everyone should have a second eye, its just so hard to be objective about yourself. We also share similar views on carbs and their needs in the diet, but I believe, if you have followed my posts, that you never can stop learning as it comes to contest prep, the minute you think you know all, the minute you wont be progressing. So I think it will make me a better bodybuilder and make me a better prep guy for my clients, all bonuses.

A few other things to note:

Natty Nutrition has a new face, we got a face lift January 2, 2010. Please check out our new site, and we now offer a wider array of supplements at our store, so while you are their getting your slin trol check out our other offered products.

I also just got back from vacation to Florida where I spent my 32nd birthday. It was a great trip for some R&R but it has also made me very hungry to get my prep started.

Ill be starting Jan 30, next Saturday, as that will be 20 weeks out from Junior Nats. Ill be updating this thread more just like last year.

I leave you with a few pics, the most recent, taken about 2 weeks ago. You can compare it to the pics on page 4. Im softer but quite bigger.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_1985-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_1988-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_1984-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_1986-1.jpg

Maryland Muscle
01-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Damn J. Some great overall improvements when you compare pics in August. Fuller Chest and a better drop in the Hammies.

bhman6
01-24-2010, 07:29 PM
either you got bigger or your hair got smaller

hmmm

Scoobysnacks
01-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Ben, Both, I got bigger and more aerodynamic.

Steve56
01-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Jason...holy shit bro..what are you weighing these days?? you're looking huge!

Scoobysnacks
01-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Jason...holy shit bro..what are you weighing these days?? you're looking huge!

prob 187 in those photos, morning weight of about 183-185. Still not a lot, lol.

Ss

Steve56
01-25-2010, 06:34 PM
bro you look over 200 easy!

unoigo
01-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Awesome Scoobs! You'll enjoy working with Shelby. Best of luck with your prep!

Scoobysnacks
01-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Awesome Scoobs! You'll enjoy working with Shelby. Best of luck with your prep!

Hey Jacob (thats right, right). Are you in Cincinnati now? I saw you were prepping for something yourself, the NKY again? Let me know.

Scoobysnacks
01-27-2010, 10:33 AM
bro you look over 200 easy!

Thanks Steve, its all an illusion anyways.

fltallpaul
01-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Damn, nice work for your short off season. You really have made some serious changes in a short time. Congrats on your business getting busier. I am sure its just a result of the success you have had with your clients and word of mouth. I always ready everything you write and take it to heart.

I hope you have time to keep us up to date on here. Thanks for the pictures...really shows what hard work and knowledge can do.

joedemarco
01-27-2010, 04:30 PM
Added some good size, SS. I'm thinking welterweight, not lightweights! Think you'll get down to 154?

Scoobysnacks
01-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Added some good size, SS. I'm thinking welterweight, not lightweights! Think you'll get down to 154?

Probably not, but those welters at Juniors are stacked, if Im close Ill try to push it. But, you are not the first to say you think I will be a welter.

However, there is a lot of fluff. Ive been told I have good fat. It looks like less than is there. I dont know if you take skinfold pinches ever, but right now my ab at the bellybutton is pinching 18 and I still can see my six pack. I have clients down to ten or lower and still dont show abs in an ab thigh pose, my point, there is more on there than these pics show, or at least I believe there is.

Scoobysnacks
01-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Damn, nice work for your short off season. You really have made some serious changes in a short time. Congrats on your business getting busier. I am sure its just a result of the success you have had with your clients and word of mouth. I always ready everything you write and take it to heart.

I hope you have time to keep us up to date on here. Thanks for the pictures...really shows what hard work and knowledge can do.

Paul, thanks for the words of encouragement. I do plan to keep this updated, with pics, nutrition, how Im feeling, and occassionally workouts, but Im not one to log numbers like that, so it wont be often.

bhman6
01-27-2010, 10:30 PM
dude my abs do the same thing....even when my pinch gets super high i still have visible abs

unoigo
01-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Hey Jacob (thats right, right). Are you in Cincinnati now? I saw you were prepping for something yourself, the NKY again? Let me know.

Yep, you got. I'm actually in Florence now, so yea in the Cinci area. I'll be doing the NKY again followed by the Southern IN.

Scoobysnacks
01-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Yep, you got. I'm actually in Florence now, so yea in the Cinci area. I'll be doing the NKY again followed by the Southern IN.

Nice. What gym you training at? Im doing the Central In. as a warmup to Juniors.

rockhard
01-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Best of luck going into your prep, looks like you have made some major gains. I think your choice of Shelby is a good one, I also have incorporated his philosophies and think he is currently one of the best out there. You are going to do some major damage at Junior Nat's.....keep us posted on your journey.

unoigo
01-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Nice. What gym you training at? Im doing the Central In. as a warmup to Juniors.

Urban Active.... I alternate between Florence and Erlanger. I work within 2-3 minutes of both. I hate corporate gyms but the Erlanger location doesn't seem to have that corporate atmosphere and has a lot of equipment.... multiple power racks, etc.

On the weekends, every now and then I drive up to Powerstation in Middletown.... a VERY hardcore gym to say the least!

Scoobysnacks
01-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Urban Active.... I alternate between Florence and Erlanger. I work within 2-3 minutes of both. I hate corporate gyms but the Erlanger location doesn't seem to have that corporate atmosphere and has a lot of equipment.... multiple power racks, etc.

On the weekends, every now and then I drive up to Powerstation in Middletown.... a VERY hardcore gym to say the least!

small world I do the same thing regarding Powerstation, best in the area for hardcore training, no frills, its awesome. I have numerous clients there that are getting ready for the NKY and the Cincinnati.

I usually go though on Thurs night and train legs with the owner Mike and a client of mine. That swing squat is BADASS, you tried it?

Ss

UnfinishedBusiness
01-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Scoob, just curious if you ever considered competing in any of the natural orgs like wnbf or ocb? I would think you could do really well in those orgs?

Scoobysnacks
01-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Scoob, just curious if you ever considered competing in any of the natural orgs like wnbf or ocb? I would think you could do really well in those orgs?

At one time i thought about it, but had a good bit of success in the NPC, plus in my neck of the woods, its mainly NPC shows. There is just recently in the last few years been a few INBF shows, before that I knew no better. All we had was NPC. Im really focused on competing only once per year and doing a national show when I do, right now its my goal to be the best I can in the NPC on the national level.

unoigo
02-01-2010, 11:37 AM
small world I do the same thing regarding Powerstation, best in the area for hardcore training, no frills, its awesome. I have numerous clients there that are getting ready for the NKY and the Cincinnati.

I usually go though on Thurs night and train legs with the owner Mike and a client of mine. That swing squat is BADASS, you tried it?

Ss

No I haven't and honestly not sure I've seen it. I'll have to ask Mike the next time I go up there.

Scoobysnacks
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
No I haven't and honestly not sure I've seen it. I'll have to ask Mike the next time I go up there.

Yeah you must, its BADASS.

Ss

Jaredmus
02-03-2010, 09:56 PM
From the pics legs and arms are looking freaky huge scooby best of luck my man!

Scoobysnacks
02-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Hey everyone, at the 17 week out mark. Feel pretty good about where I am sitting, you know as bodybuilders you always want this body part better, and to be leaner etc. But it will come.

My diet is still decent intake, on average its about 2700 cals per week with some low days and high days. Low days are higher fat lower carb and the high days are trace fats with high carbs.

Sitting at around 184'ish in the morning dry.

Cardio is at 5 sessions 40 mins, heart rate around 120 bpm.

Here are a few pics:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2089-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2091-1.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2088-1.jpg

until Im leaner my symmetry is off in this big time:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2090-1.jpg

Maryland Muscle
02-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Looks good J. Abs are leaner. 17 more weeks to a new and improved physique!

Scoobysnacks
02-22-2010, 04:09 PM
Looks good J. Abs are leaner. 17 more weeks to a new and improved physique!

Thanks Jamin, good catching up with you this weekend.

Maryland Muscle
02-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks Jamin, good catching up with you this weekend.

Same. Always fun stopping by to see you guys and get some motivation, see you at the Arnold.

Scoobysnacks
02-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Same. Always fun stopping by to see you guys and get some motivation, see you at the Arnold.

Yes sir and you better keep that Mongolian BDs Grill away from me, bastard....its only fair though since I munched animal crackers in front of you 6 weeks out, and the torture I put you through diet wise to begin with, but damn you was pealed, lol.

Ss

Maryland Muscle
02-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Yes sir and you better keep that Mongolian BDs Grill away from me, bastard....its only fair though since I munched animal crackers in front of you 6 weeks out, and the torture I put you through diet wise to begin with, but damn you was pealed, lol.

Ss

Lol. I won't torture you like that don't worry. Just had to rub it in a little there yesterday. Thats all I'll do, I wanna see you do your thing at the Jr. Nats. :yep:
BTW I'll go through that torture everytime I get on stage. We will bring the same look with more muscle next year

Scoobysnacks
04-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Im going to start ramping this thing up.

This morning I was at 169.2 lbs dry morning weight.

I believe I have right around 9 more lbs of fat to lose so right on target.

However, that will once again put me at the middle of the pack in welter. Im pretty sure if I get to 160, Ill make the push to make weigh ins at 154, carb up late, and try to fill back out to 160. Thats the idea anyways.

I always want to be further ahead, but Im pretty good with my current conditioning for 10 weeks out. I looked at my pics last year at this time and Im right around the same place just bigger.

Cardio is at 40 mins walking in the morning and just bumped to 30 mins pwo. On non training days I do 40 mins light in the morning, then 5 mins warm up 15 hiit intervals, and then 10 more mins moderate. Since adding the hiit the fat is melting fast.

Diet is around

2200 cals training day and 2000 non. Carbs go from about 100 to 150 and fats from 65-80. Protein right around 255.

I have been having a refeed day of about 300 carbs when necessary but its not planned.

Just plugging along here.

I have no doubt I will be ready come June 19th. I have higher expectations this year.

Here are a couple shots.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7360/img2294y.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2294y.jpg)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2293.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2292.jpg

hilly
04-11-2010, 05:32 AM
looks like you have added some good size on from the other pics i have seen mate impressive. what do you think ure bodyfat is in these pics percentage wise?

Scoobysnacks
04-11-2010, 09:10 AM
looks like you have added some good size on from the other pics i have seen mate impressive. what do you think ure bodyfat is in these pics percentage wise?

at 11 weeks I was 10.3% on a nine site at 171.8. Im down two more lbs in these, Id say 9.5% or so on a nine site caliper test. But, it really doesnt matter that much, tons of work to do.

Ss

Conrad
04-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Jason, since following you for few years now, I have definatley seen major improvements to the quads.

Scoobysnacks
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
just an update, yesterday was a planned refeed, 300 carbs, I was also down 2.8 lbs from the previous week. This made me VERY nervous. But I figured go ahead do everything full blast and have the carb day, well I dropped another lb that made 3.6 for 7 days, which REALLY made me nervous, so I had a carb day again today at 300. Im hoping tomorrow is up or at least leveled off then Ill resume my normal low day as its an off day.

Ss

Leatherhead
04-13-2010, 09:16 PM
scooby, whats your height?

Scoobysnacks
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM
scooby, whats your height?

5'5" to 5'6" somewhere in there.

Swoleslaw
04-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Are these re-feeds spread out over the whole day or within a short period?

Scoobysnacks
04-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Are these re-feeds spread out over the whole day or within a short period?

whole day....

cft05
04-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Scooby, when u have your carbs are they a pro/carb meal or do you throw your fats in there as well? What's your diet looking like @ this juncture in your prep besides numbers which foods are you using? Just curious to see different approaches

Scoobysnacks
04-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Scooby, when u have your carbs are they a pro/carb meal or do you throw your fats in there as well? What's your diet looking like @ this juncture in your prep besides numbers which foods are you using? Just curious to see different approaches

pro carb, that day its all trace fats except I do throw in a yolk to complete the protein in the whites.

Foods are the ones Shelby wanted me to use:

oats, brown rice, sweet potato, white potato, ezekiel bread.

I throw in green veggies where I need them but usually 2-3 cups per day and mainly salad greens and green beans.

Proteins are eggs, Scivation Whey, 96% lean beef, and turkey and occasionally when in a pinch Ill hit my protein numbers with tuna.

Fats are almonds, evoo and mac nut and a few fish oil and 2.5 grams of Evening Primrose.

Pretty clean typical diet foods.

Hope that helps.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
04-30-2010, 08:02 PM
7 weeks out, sitting at 164.5. It is my intention to get to 154 1/4 for lightweights, I think that will be my sweet spot. Just plugging away. Dropped to fast this week, at one point down 4 lbs. So I ate 460 carbs yesterday with no cardio, but dropped another .4 lbs to another new low, today was 300 carbs and no cardio. We'll see if I fill out any tomorrow.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2321.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2323.jpg

Conrad
04-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Looking on target Jason and big. Still doing DC training?

Scoobysnacks
04-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Looking on target Jason and big. Still doing DC training?

Thanks Jessie....

I am still DC training but Ive felt pretty good this week and I have added a few exercises here and there. For instance on shoulder day when you mainly have one shoulder exercise say barbell military, Ive been adding one set DC style for rear delts and medial delts. Things like that.

Conrad
04-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks Jessie....

I am still DC training but Ive felt pretty good this week and I have added a few exercises here and there. For instance on shoulder day when you mainly have one shoulder exercise say barbell military, Ive been adding one set DC style for rear delts and medial delts. Things like that.
I done well on DC when for a while but quickly got burned out. But keep up the great progress!

Quadsweep
05-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Damn dude your quads blew up! I was shocked to be honest! Kewl Beans! And your waist pisses me off so you know! :-)

johngorman
05-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Damn dude your quads blew up! I was shocked to be honest! Kewl Beans! And your waist pisses me off so you know! :-)
his waist pisses ALL OF US off!

Scoobysnacks
05-02-2010, 10:35 AM

People have been saying that about my legs, it started this last offseason when Id wear shorts to train legs. The odd thing was I was really focused more on other parts and my legs grew. Last offseason I worked quad and ham separate, this year went back to one leg day, but WAY less volume and a DC style leg day. Id say I was in and out in 35 minutes. Perhaps I dont need volume to grow my legs like so many others say you do.

Now if I can find the holy grail to chest growth I would be a happy man.

The waist will get way smaller, its usually 25" in peak contest shape. Its my savior that and my shoulders because if you look at me in a T shirt Im pretty narrow but the illusion is there that Im broader than I am when Im on stage due to the waist to shoulder ratio. Luckily.

Quadsweep
05-02-2010, 02:16 PM
People have been saying that about my legs, it started this last offseason when Id wear shorts to train legs. The odd thing was I was really focused more on other parts and my legs grew. Last offseason I worked quad and ham separate, this year went back to one leg day, but WAY less volume and a DC style leg day. Id say I was in and out in 35 minutes. Perhaps I dont need volume to grow my legs like so many others say you do.

Now if I can find the holy grail to chest growth I would be a happy man.

The waist will get way smaller, its usually 25" in peak contest shape. Its my savior that and my shoulders because if you look at me in a T shirt Im pretty narrow but the illusion is there that Im broader than I am when Im on stage due to the waist to shoulder ratio. Luckily.Well whatever you did it worked! And this is all about the illusion really!

Jeff

george.mumford
05-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Looking great Scooby! Your front DB looks sick bro!

Scoobysnacks
05-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Looking great Scooby! Your front DB looks sick bro!

Thanks George the avy ab thigh looks on point.

You decide your offseason macros yet?

Ss

george.mumford
05-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Yeah I think I will start with 18 cals per pound of lean mass breaking it down to roughly 50% Pro, 25% Carb, 25% Fat.
I am also going to have to up my calories the days I do my running and swimming since I am getting myself ready for Special Forces training.

I am having trouble losing this water weight that I put on after my contest since I ate everything in sight!

BBD
05-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey ScoobySnacks looking great man right on point! Im prepping for JrNats as wells time dwindling down!! lol

Scoobysnacks
05-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey ScoobySnacks looking great man right on point! Im prepping for JrNats as wells time dwindling down!! lol

Thanks BBD, what weight class you shooting for?

Ss

wnypaisan27
05-03-2010, 10:12 PM
hey Scoobysnacks, you have a great physique. I'll be competing at the Jr Nationals this year in the lightweight class also. This will be my 1st national level show. I'm a natty bodybuilder and will definitely be outsized, but my proportions are really good and my conditioning is starting to dial in nicely. Have you competed at this level several times????

Frank

Scoobysnacks
05-04-2010, 07:49 AM
hey Scoobysnacks, you have a great physique. I'll be competing at the Jr Nationals this year in the lightweight class also. This will be my 1st national level show. I'm a natty bodybuilder and will definitely be outsized, but my proportions are really good and my conditioning is starting to dial in nicely. Have you competed at this level several times????

Frank

Ah cool well Ill see you there. This is my second go around at this show.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
05-04-2010, 12:31 PM
My goal for the week was 162, lowest last week was 164. Well today, only Tuesday, I hit that. So we did a no cardio day with refeed at 460 carbs. Last week after this I dropped .4 lbs, lol. So we had to refeed again, on 300 then I gained 1 lbs. Thing is although I feel a little leaner I was so flat I coulnt tell if I was any better or not, then you start to worry, shit did I just lose all muscle, lol.

This is the time I start to get a little nervous. Ive had clients worse off than me at this point get in looking excellent, some even with glutes, but still I know Im not where I was last year. And mentally that is playing with me. I only compete to be better each year if I can't be better I dont want to compete. Just the thought running through my head.

I also keep thinking maybe I pushed the bulk to far this offseason in an attempt to move up to a class I wont be a part of now, did I just gain to much weight? Did we wait to long to pull those high fats? Did I waste to much time from 20-10 weeks?

Although I am able to guide someone else in very well, its very hard with me, and even though I have shelby keeping an eye on me and he says Im in a fine spot, Im a bit stressed about it.

I dont think my job is helping I am closing about 2 million in real estate deals right now for my company, plus overseeing about 30 other people's preps as well as general nutrition clients, Im just stressed the hell out right now.

Hell by Saturday I could feel on top of the world, lol, we'll just see.

Ss

Provo82
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Scooby i obviously dont know your body like you do. but you look nice and full for a middle weight your arms and legs look great. And you can see distinct lines and your waist looks very tight. Ive seen many bodybuilders (although most enhanced) in much worse condition than you this many weeks out and come in looking shredded. Good luck buddy i think your gonna be a ok.

Provo82
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
im sorry i meant lightweight*

Provo82
05-04-2010, 01:35 PM
i just took a look atlast years jr nats pictures and i have to say. Your eating more in the offseason was defintely a smart move your muscle looks so much bigger fuller and denser. I wouldnt doubt yourself on that move.

Scoobysnacks
05-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Scooby i obviously dont know your body like you do. but you look nice and full for a middle weight your arms and legs look great. And you can see distinct lines and your waist looks very tight. Ive seen many bodybuilders (although most enhanced) in much worse condition than you this many weeks out and come in looking shredded. Good luck buddy i think your gonna be a ok.

Funny thing is so have I, and I still get worried, as you know we are our own worst critics, and I only see flaws when I look in the mirror, its crazy inside of 8 weeks out I get like this, which is why I brought on someone this year. Its very hard to yourself at this point.

i just took a look atlast years jr nats pictures and i have to say. Your eating more in the offseason was defintely a smart move your muscle looks so much bigger fuller and denser. I wouldnt doubt yourself on that move.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I just want to be my all time best and crack top 3, lol. If I can do that, Im going to try lightwieght at Nationals and just be nasty as Ill have all the fat off anyways and can just diet to get even better. Then take 18 months off.

I appreciate the words of encouragement.

joedemarco
05-05-2010, 11:31 AM
From your off season pics, I never thought you were gonna see that lightweight class again...lol. You looked like you added a lot of quality muscle. At 154 this year you should look really great...I can already see the improvements from last year. Great job and good luck!

Scoobysnacks
05-05-2010, 12:18 PM
From your off season pics, I never thought you were gonna see that lightweight class again...lol. You looked like you added a lot of quality muscle. At 154 this year you should look really great...I can already see the improvements from last year. Great job and good luck!

Thanks Joe neither did Shelby and I. Im not sure if Ive simply just lost some muscle or I was fatter than we thought, probably fatter than I thought as strength is still really good, but I do think I will end up with new improvements like you said. Dieting as an ecto is always delicate.

Scoobysnacks
05-05-2010, 12:20 PM
The one thing that is interesting about this year is I dont have cravings. Honestly the only thing I can think about is being better than last year, its almost consumes my waking quiet moments, if Im not interacting with someone, thats all I think about. I guess thats a good thing, but it struck me today, no amount of food sounds better than being my best and cracking that top 3 at Jr Nats. Just gotta keep plugging away.

Im back at it today. Back on the lower carb intake, 1 hr liss this morning, and some HIIT for the evening, today is an off day from weight training.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
05-15-2010, 11:20 AM
159.6 lbs this morning, new low. Skinfolds are saying 5lbs fat to be lost to be shredded. If I lost no muscle that would put me at 154 on June 12, 5 days before weigh ins, but Ive been losing more weight than that. Mentally Id like to just lose 1 lbs per week, Ive been losing about 2, this week 3, but its also hard mentally to pull back. Shelby has me refeeding tomorrow or monday on 460 carbs that should help fill me back out and not lose to fast though usually that speeds the shit out of my metabolism.

Couple quick pics:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2351.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2350.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2355.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2356.jpg

I also started yohimbine yesterday. Its weird stuff I was hot as hell and hit a new low but woke up last night with hands swollen couldnt even get my ring off. So I know it causes some water retention, but it burns the lower body fat well, and its time to put this in.

Ss

JRob
05-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Great work Scoobs, very nice progression from your last set of pix ;)

Scoobysnacks
05-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Great work Scoobs, very nice progression from your last set of pix ;)

Thanks Jimmy appreciate it bud.

ss

Mr.Bones
05-15-2010, 01:45 PM
I wonder how you fare doing the Emerald cup...probably pretty good

beggs_05
05-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Good progress man, looks like you've made significant changes since your last competition. I think you'll do really well.

On a side note, I noticed that your right lat appears to be a little bigger than your left. It may just be the way you're standing, but it just appears that way in the picture. Do you think that the increased development in your right lat may be because of the way your grip the bar on deads? This is assuming you use a pronated grip with your right hand and a supinated grip with the left. The only reason I ask is because I had a bad imbalance and at one time my right lat looked to be about twice the size of the left.

Scoobysnacks
05-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Good progress man, looks like you've made significant changes since your last competition. I think you'll do really well.

On a side note, I noticed that your right lat appears to be a little bigger than your left. It may just be the way you're standing, but it just appears that way in the picture. Do you think that the increased development in your right lat may be because of the way your grip the bar on deads? This is assuming you use a pronated grip with your right hand and a supinated grip with the left. The only reason I ask is because I had a bad imbalance and at one time my right lat looked to be about twice the size of the left.

Thanks Jake. I noticed this about 2 yrs ago and swiched up to the same grip on both sides, its gotten better, but its still there. Luckily Ive never had a judge point it out most say I have great symmetry, so Ill just keep working on it, but you are correct.

beggs_05
05-16-2010, 01:45 AM
Thanks Jake. I noticed this about 2 yrs ago and swiched up to the same grip on both sides, its gotten better, but its still there. Luckily Ive never had a judge point it out most say I have great symmetry, so Ill just keep working on it, but you are correct.

Hopefully I didn't sound too critical or nit-picky. I think I just noticed it because I have the same problem and have recently switched my grip on deads in an effort to compensate for the slight imbalance. Overall your back looks solid and your symmetry looks very good.

If you're ever in Lexington and need a free gym to lift at, let me know.

Scoobysnacks
05-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Hopefully I didn't sound too critical or nit-picky. I think I just noticed it because I have the same problem and have recently switched my grip on deads in an effort to compensate for the slight imbalance. Overall your back looks solid and your symmetry looks very good.

If you're ever in Lexington and need a free gym to lift at, let me know.

Oh not at all, this sport is nit-picky. No worries at all.

Thanks for the gym invite.

Ss

Kyle Witherspoon
05-16-2010, 09:35 AM

I have the same issue. It sucks my left lat is bigger. I look just like you in those pics. Trying to fix it not sure it can be fixed. By the way i have always used both overhand grips on deadlifts so im not sure what cause this.

Scoobysnacks
05-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Refeed day today on 460 carbs. Stoking metabolism for the week to come. If I drop 1.5 lbs fat every week here on out I will be at 154 on June 12th. Ive been dropping more than that per week lately. I should be fine, gonna be timing this just right instead of early like last year.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
05-18-2010, 04:50 PM
After another day of 300 carbs yesterday and no cardio I hit another new low of 158.6. So I emailed Shelby this morning and like usual he got back to me immediately (this is key in the final stages) and we game planned on the spot. So we are doing another day of 300 carbs today. Seems my body is burning through them and tightening up day by day. We may be on to something after running a lower carb approach my insulin sensitivity seems to be sky high right now. So we are running with it. I am to do no cardio today, but training will be off the hook.

Since saturday ive only did one walking session of cardio at 30 mins. Its just been eating and hitting new lows. My training was crazy yesterday hit a PR on incline smith because of the food and no losing energy to cardio.

Hopefully we can keep this up and eat into this damn thing and bring a fuller and tighter physique.

I know one is supposed to be able to diet higher calorie with proteins and fats but Im opposite. We were down to 1800 cals on my training days, on Sunday I took in 3200 dropped, yesterday 2600 dropped and today another 2600. My body just seems to prefer moderate protein higher carb and trace fats.

Just updating everyone on how things are coming along. Im hoping by Saturday my upper body is close to in, this will give 4 weeks to work on hams and glutes. Its all coming along.

Ss

bert
05-19-2010, 11:43 AM
All measurements for food are in grams.

Egg White 245
Egg Yolk 70
Scivation Sesamin 1
Liver tabs 4
Almond Butter 30
Broccoli 100
Scivation Sesamin 1
Liver tabs 4

Tuna 130
Broccoli 100
Almond Butter 33
Scivation Essential FA 2
Livers 4

Ground Beef (93%) 195
Scivation Essential FA 2
Liver 4
pre workout
Almond Butter 30
Liver 4

pwo
Scivation Whey Protein 36
Oats 65
Liver 4

Cottage Cheese (2%) 340
Almond Butter 23
Liver 4
Protein: 320
Carbs: 105
Fats: 125
Cals: @2800

On off days Ive moved the oats from pwo to Meal 1. All other meals unchanged. I will add more carbs as necessary or even up fats. Its doubtful Ill go much higher on protein, its already kind of high for my tastes, but wanted to try a bit higher consumption out this year since Im training DC right now and its recommended to take in 2 x bw. Not sure how crazy I am about that right now, but Im going to give it a go and see how it works for me.
Its about 40/20/40 or 35/30/35, in that range.
Ss
Jason,
I noticed you take liver tabs, do you also take aminos with each meal? If not, why not?

Scoobysnacks
05-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Jason,
I noticed you take liver tabs, do you also take aminos with each meal? If not, why not?

that looks like an offseason diet. I dont use cottage cheese in season.

I dont use livers either unless say my meats are pre cooked and there is a diet change, and Im short a couple grams of protein ill use the livers to round it out. Only time I use them and I stock them for that reason. My diet is dynamic and changes daily in terms of macros, carb intake, fat intake etc.

I dont take aminos I have and never really noticed that much from them.

Ss

Provo82
05-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Refeed day today on 460 carbs. Stoking metabolism for the week to come. If I drop 1.5 lbs fat every week here on out I will be at 154 on June 12th. Ive been dropping more than that per week lately. I should be fine, gonna be timing this just right instead of early like last year.

Ss

Hi Jason when you do your clean refeeds with high carbos like this how do you look that day compared to the last? Do you spill over a touch and then the next day look even tighter or does your body just suck them up right away and look tighter? Looking tighter by the way!

Scoobysnacks
05-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi Jason when you do your clean refeeds with high carbos like this how do you look that day compared to the last? Do you spill over a touch and then the next day look even tighter or does your body just suck them up right away and look tighter? Looking tighter by the way!

Upper body always looks tighter immediatley, by night time a bit of water in legs but I pound sea salt and condiments. Next morning much drier and fuller. But to be honest Ive been dropping weight on 460 so to fill this tank I will need MUCH more than that to carb up and fill out. Shelby and I have been throwing ideas around, just depends on whether I can make weight Thurs night, I should be able to though. Im dropping steadily.

If i make weight Thurs at 7pm we will immediately start to load which is a better scenario for my physique. If not, we'll load all day friday once i weigh in at 930am on Friday morning.

Kyle Witherspoon
05-19-2010, 02:37 PM
At least you will be at the top of the class. That is always good :)

Scoobysnacks
05-19-2010, 03:00 PM
At least you will be at the top of the class. That is always good :)

Yeah though at the rate Im dropping Ill probably hit a low of 151 weigh in thurs night around 153 and hit the stage around 154 155. But we'll see. Just gotta get the rest of this nasty off and let it fall where it may.

Scoobysnacks
05-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Things are rolling along, seeing new lines daily. I thought Id share a note with you all that I really get a lot out of EVERY time I read it:

THE MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN
If you think you're beaten, you are;
If you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win but think you can't,
Its almost a cinch you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out in the world we find
Success begin's with a fellows will;
Its all in the state of mind.

Full many a race is lost
Ere ever a step is run,
And many a coward fails
Ere ever his works begun.
Think big, and your deeds will grow;
Think small and you'll fall behind
Think that you can, and you will;
Its all in the state of mind.

If you think you're ever outclassed, you are;
You've got to think high to rise.
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man,
But sooner or later the man who wins
Is the fellow who thinks he can.
Its all in the state of mind!

WALTER D. WINTLE

adamnewera
05-21-2010, 01:46 PM
THAT IS A GREAT READ, IT REMINDS ME OF ONE WE USE AT WORK ALOT AND IT DEFINITLY APPLIES TO BODYBUILDING IF YOU DONT MIND ME SHARING. I READ THIS DAILY:

THE BOTTOM LINE FACE IT, nobody owes you a living. What you achieve,or fail to achieve in your lifetime,is directly related to what you do or fail to do. No one chooses his parents or childhood,but you can choose your own direction. Everyone has problems and obstacles to overcome,but that, too, is relative to each individual. NOTHING IS CARVED IN STONE,you can change anything in your life,if you want to badly enough. Excuses are for losers.Those who take responsibility for theiractions are the real winners in life.Winners meet life's challenges head on,knowing there are no guarantees,and give it all they've got. And never think it's too late or too early to begin. Time plays no favoritesand will pass whether you act or not. TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE.Dare to dream and take risks...Compete.If you aren't willing to work for your goals,don't expect others to. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Scoobysnacks
05-21-2010, 02:21 PM
THAT IS A GREAT READ, IT REMINDS ME OF ONE WE USE AT WORK ALOT AND IT DEFINITLY APPLIES TO BODYBUILDING IF YOU DONT MIND ME SHARING. I READ THIS DAILY:

THE BOTTOM LINEFACE IT, nobody owes you a living.What you achieve,or fail to achieve in your lifetime,is directly related to what you do or fail to do.No one chooses his parents or childhood,but you can choose your own direction.Everyone has problems and obstacles to overcome,but that, too, is relative to each individual.NOTHING IS CARVED IN STONE,you can change anything in your life,if you want to badly enough.Excuses are for losers.Those who take responsibility for theiractions are the real winners in life.Winners meet life's challenges head on,knowing there are no guarantees,and give it all they've got.And never think it's too late or too early to begin.Time plays no favoritesand will pass whether you act or not.TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE.Dare to dream and take risks...Compete.If you aren't willing to work for your goals,don't expect others to. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Thanks for sharing thats all true.

BBD
05-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Looking great buddy, its nice to see bodybuilders that are knowledgable to your level as opposed to using the words "My trainer has me..." all the time. You look right on point keep after it!

johngorman
05-26-2010, 09:51 PM
freakshow, how are you doing? 2 1/2 weeks out right now from the indy correct? how's weight and all looking?

Scoobysnacks
05-26-2010, 10:03 PM
freakshow, how are you doing? 2 1/2 weeks out right now from the indy correct? how's weight and all looking?

Im actuall 10 days out from the GNC as a warm up show. 3.5 weeks from JRS. I really dont care about the warm up show I almost didnt do it but I want to test a late load in the event I have to load friday due to weight. I also need the posing practice in a game time situation. Plus it wont hurt to get some experienced eyes on me about my conditioning/fullness, etc. Ill then have two weeks to make a really hard push if necessary.

My lowest has been 156.6 I bounce around 157 though, I was 157.4 this morning. But, thats good 3 lbs to lose in 3.5 weeks. So moving along at the pace I like.

johngorman
05-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Im actuall 10 days out from the GNC as a warm up show. 3.5 weeks from JRS. I really dont care about the warm up show I almost didnt do it but I want to test a late load in the event I have to load friday due to weight. I also need the posing practice in a game time situation. Plus it wont hurt to get some experienced eyes on me about my conditioning/fullness, etc. Ill then have two weeks to make a really hard push if necessary.

My lowest has been 156.6 I bounce around 157 though, I was 157.4 this morning. But, thats good 3 lbs to lose in 3.5 weeks. So moving along at the pace I like.
cool. so maybe a middle at the indy show, or do they have welters? you look like a damn middle last year anyway in your pics in the overall at this show. illusion.

Scoobysnacks
05-27-2010, 06:38 AM
cool. so maybe a middle at the indy show, or do they have welters? you look like a damn middle last year anyway in your pics in the overall at this show. illusion.

They had welters last year I suspect though with sodium drop friday and drying out I will make 154 even at this show. We'll see those are the things Im trying to test out.

stbroering
05-27-2010, 12:09 PM
Glad to hear your doing the GNC. I'll be there to watch my friend Becca in bikini. I always follow your post and your becoming the go to nutritionist in Cincy. Natty clients always have the best conditioning hands down. I remember your client Ian from the Cincy this year, Jim Flandigan from the Buckeye and of course Joe from the last Cincy. Anyway can't wait to see you compete and good luck!

Scoobysnacks
05-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Glad to hear your doing the GNC. I'll be there to watch my friend Becca in bikini. I always follow your post and your becoming the go to nutritionist in Cincy. Natty clients always have the best conditioning hands down. I remember your client Ian from the Cincy this year, Jim Flandigan from the Buckeye and of course Joe from the last Cincy. Anyway can't wait to see you compete and good luck!

Thanks i appreciate the kind words. Im just lucky to work with guys (and gals) who dont cheat on their plan and execute what I need to a T. All those guys you mentioned are very dedicated. Did you see Jims hamstrings? Just nasty. Ive been trying to talk him into doing some NPC shows as a bantam and then going onto a national level show, but I dont think he has made up his mind.

Take care,

Ss

Scoobysnacks
05-27-2010, 11:02 PM
hit another new low today morning at 156. So we did no cardio and ate 300 carbs it was about 2600 cals. Just checked evening weight and its at a new low so I may be dropping again tomorrow. Metabolism is flying and I shouldnt have any problem getting the rest of this fat off. 2 lbs would be perfect I think putting me at 154 the final week.

johngorman
05-28-2010, 12:56 AM
damn brother, i know you have a fast metabolism but shit, you dont normally drop like this with the higher cals/carbs this deep into prep if i remember correctly. you think it's the cycling that's speeding the metabolism up?

stbroering
05-28-2010, 07:01 AM
Yeah in Jim's facebook pictures of his side chest from the tristate his hamstrings look like they were carved with a knife. great guy and I think he would do well in the bantams in the NPC with his level of conditioning. I'm sure you've stated in a thread before, but do you plan to use a diuretic for either of your shows and do you recommend to your clients the use of diuretics like Expel or Showtime or do you stick with a normal potassium load?

Scoobysnacks
05-28-2010, 07:57 AM
damn brother, i know you have a fast metabolism but shit, you dont normally drop like this with the higher cals/carbs this deep into prep if i remember correctly. you think it's the cycling that's speeding the metabolism up?

I think its from being low carb from like week 10 to 4. My body then was shocked by adding them back as its m bodies preferrred fuel source especially when doing trace fats only.

Scoobysnacks
05-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Yeah in Jim's facebook pictures of his side chest from the tristate his hamstrings look like they were carved with a knife. great guy and I think he would do well in the bantams in the NPC with his level of conditioning. I'm sure you've stated in a thread before, but do you plan to use a diuretic for either of your shows and do you recommend to your clients the use of diuretics like Expel or Showtime or do you stick with a normal potassium load?

I will use something. ANd I dont have one set peak week. I base it on the person. Sometimes I load harder with carbs and really need to dry someone out so Ill use a diuretic. Other times if they arent loading very hard and water is high to begin with I dont use it. Just depends on the person. Nothing I do is cookie cutter. But Jim Flanigan I loaded him very hard since he is ecto. i think it was like 1000 carbs thursday and 750 on friday with water at 1 gallon then 1/2/ gallon on friday. And we used Showtime for that. He was dry to the bone.

Scoobysnacks
05-29-2010, 10:05 AM
157.4 today after rest and refeed yesterday. Lowest this week was 155.5. So today Im down 1 lb from last Saturday which is a great pace to keep. I figure 2-3 lbs more fat and Im set which would have me at 153-154 by the final week.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2418.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2421.jpg

very happy with how my drop got even better this year
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2414.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2415.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2417.jpg

3 weeks today, getting excited moving at a good pace and should be much fuller this year.

Ss

stbroering
05-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Wow, front lat spread and ab thigh poses will dominate...good luck this week

Scoobysnacks
05-29-2010, 03:58 PM
yes those are always strong poses for me. Thanks for stopping in I appreciate it.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
06-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Friday night dry out before show.

Had 2.5 gallons water up to 8 pm and loaded a mild carb load, 400 grams.

2 weeks to go, I will be ready to rock it at Jrs.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1049/img2450p.th.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/i/img2450p.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

BBD
06-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Jason nice work man you really dried up great! Did you just do a one day carb load in order to not throw your diet off to much for JrNats? Iv always wondered if dong a warm up show would hinder conditioning in the long run because of the high carbs and water drop etc. Either way you look great lets get after JrNats buddy its next on the list!

Scoobysnacks
06-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Jason nice work man you really dried up great! Did you just do a one day carb load in order to not throw your diet off to much for JrNats? Iv always wondered if dong a warm up show would hinder conditioning in the long run because of the high carbs and water drop etc. Either way you look great lets get after JrNats buddy its next on the list!

I was a tad concerned too, but shelby said go ahead and do it and he actually had me do the 400 carbs that friday and a fat/junk load Saturday morning. I was ON FIRE all day long. Sweating when everyone else said it was cold backstage, my forearms were vascular as hell and commented on twice. Today I woke up at a new low by .5 lbs. I look tighter and glutes are coming along now along with hamis, i have a new look for sure. So in my opinion all that posing and resting for a day and a half and eating actually is going to be the fire my body needs to tighten a tad more for Jrs.

So no I think it actually helped a ton to be honest. Plus it got the cobwebs out and ill be more at ease at JRs. I definitely think it was a great thing all around.

See you in two.

Ss

UnfinishedBusiness
06-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Scoob, look awesome! Huge improvements from a year ago, you look like a different bb'er! Very impressive.

How did you do at the warm up show? Sorry if I missed it, did not see any results.

Scoobysnacks
06-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Scoob, look awesome! Huge improvements from a year ago, you look like a different bb'er! Very impressive.

How did you do at the warm up show? Sorry if I missed it, did not see any results.

I took first in lightweights, not enough firepower for the overall, the super took that and 5 of the 7 of us up there were doing Jrs or another national level show.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments I appreciate it.

Ss

BBD
06-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I was a tad concerned too, but shelby said go ahead and do it and he actually had me do the 400 carbs that friday and a fat/junk load Saturday morning. I was ON FIRE all day long. Sweating when everyone else said it was cold backstage, my forearms were vascular as hell and commented on twice. Today I woke up at a new low by .5 lbs. I look tighter and glutes are coming along now along with hamis, i have a new look for sure. So in my opinion all that posing and resting for a day and a half and eating actually is going to be the fire my body needs to tighten a tad more for Jrs.

So no I think it actually helped a ton to be honest. Plus it got the cobwebs out and ill be more at ease at JRs. I definitely think it was a great thing all around.

See you in two.

Ss

Thats really interesting...now that I think about it you are probably right and I agree that you'll prob be much more at ease now that you've already had a test run with everything.

I kindv was laughing to myself about how your said you were sweating all day long! That always happens to me too wen Im extremely conditioned and my metabolism is cranking through everything I eat...its a great thing but becomes problematic wen u start sweating your tan off lol!

What tan product was that u have on?

Yessir less than 2 weeks man Im ready to rock it..I wish it was sooner!! haha

Scoobysnacks
06-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Thats really interesting...now that I think about it you are probably right and I agree that you'll prob be much more at ease now that you've already had a test run with everything.

I kindv was laughing to myself about how your said you were sweating all day long! That always happens to me too wen Im extremely conditioned and my metabolism is cranking through everything I eat...its a great thing but becomes problematic wen u start sweating your tan off lol!

What tan product was that u have on?

Yessir less than 2 weeks man Im ready to rock it..I wish it was sooner!! haha

Liquid Sun Rayz the best in the business. She will be spraying at Jrs I highly recommend Marilyn. She does a great job.

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Hell I dont even know if I told everyone where I placed lol. I took first in the open lightweights. Here is a stage shot from Saturday night.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/reardubbi2010.jpg

shankuan
06-07-2010, 02:52 PM

See you in two.

Ss

This used to baffle the heck out of me, having seen said on the boards often enough - you tend to look drier, tighter, overall much better (if your loads are done right) the day AFTER the show. So the lesson is, IF done right, the crazy condition and look you know you have can improve even more and overnight??!! I tell you the body is a fascinating machine :yep: and one you will always learn from.

I know for you,this was a warm up so you see what you're body's doing and will allow you to plan for your next showing. Congrats on the 'warm up win' :p, you are looking much improved from last year for certain (i've been a lurker for a while)! I can only imagine how much more dialed in you'll be at Jr's.

BBD
06-07-2010, 03:02 PM
Its so crazy how much bigger you look on stage holyshit!! Funny thing is everytime I see your pics you post I cant believe how much you look like my buddy Nate whos competing at the Jr's as well at the top of light heavies. Hes has the same structure as you with the tiny waist and the illusion of being 25 lbs bigger on stage.

BBD
06-07-2010, 03:03 PM
That color looks awesome btw!

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2010, 03:33 PM
This used to baffle the heck out of me, having seen said on the boards often enough - you tend to look drier, tighter, overall much better (if your loads are done right) the day AFTER the show. So the lesson is, IF done right, the crazy condition and look you know you have can improve even more and overnight??!! I tell you the body is a fascinating machine :yep: and one you will always learn from.

I know for you,this was a warm up so you see what you're body's doing and will allow you to plan for your next showing. Congrats on the 'warm up win' :p, you are looking much improved from last year for certain (i've been a lurker for a while)! I can only imagine how much more dialed in you'll be at Jr's.

Thanks for stopping by, yes this was a warmup, but we did peak pretty good (aside from not being 100% ready yet) actually I felt good about it, its just after all that food and sweating all day I think I just dropped more fat I tightened in that manner.

Dont lurk continue to post I appreciate it.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Its so crazy how much bigger you look on stage holyshit!! Funny thing is everytime I see your pics you post I cant believe how much you look like my buddy Nate whos competing at the Jr's as well at the top of light heavies. Hes has the same structure as you with the tiny waist and the illusion of being 25 lbs bigger on stage.

When I weighed in people said I didnt look 152 so thats the illusion I need to keep bringing this year. There are no bad competitors at Jrs Nationals so you gotta bring it. I really appreciate your comments on looking big on stage, makes me feel like we did something right this year. The bigger fuller look is what Im going for. Good luck to your friend too. Wont you both be in the same class?

That color looks awesome btw!

Its LSR again, she sprayed this show too, Marilyn never stops. I highly recommend you book with her, the color is phenomenal on stage. Its also on me in my profile pic from Jrs last year and the lights there are CRAZY bright and it still looked that golden brown.

Ss

Flynn
06-07-2010, 03:43 PM
When I weighed in people said I didnt look 152 so thats the illusion I need to keep bringing this year.

Accomplished JT! I can't believe we compete at the same weight and you look much bigger. Btw, your BDB still kills.

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Accomplished JT! I can't believe we compete at the same weight and you look much bigger. Btw, your BDB still kills.

Hey buddy will you be attending in two weeks? Ive seen your stage pics, you are too modest, but I like that. Catch me after prejudging if you will be there.

And as always thanks for the positive feedback.

Ss

UnfinishedBusiness
06-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Hell I dont even know if I told everyone where I placed lol. I took first in the open lightweights. Here is a stage shot from Saturday night.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/reardubbi2010.jpg

Looking at this pic and your av, the thickness in your back and legs is tremendous. Its amazing that you will probably only be a few lb's heavier than last year, but it looks more like 15.

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Looking at this pic and your av, the thickness in your back and legs is tremendous. Its amazing that you will probably only be a few lb's heavier than last year, but it looks more like 15.

Yeah last year at this GNC show I was 148 this year I weighed in at 152, so that is 4 lbs. I was a little pissed at first until I saw pics and I guess I just have to realize 4 lbs of beef on a guy my size is a lot of extra beef. Its so funny because I bulked up this offseason and thought Id for sure have enough to be a welter weight, guess thats for next year:yep:

Flynn
06-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Hey buddy will you be attending in two weeks?

The plan is to attend JT. I think I still have your cell number. What's the plan after prejudging? I want to pick your brain :p, but don't want to take up too much of your time.

UnfinishedBusiness
06-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah last year at this GNC show I was 148 this year I weighed in at 152, so that is 4 lbs. I was a little pissed at first until I saw pics and I guess I just have to realize 4 lbs of beef on a guy my size is a lot of extra beef. Its so funny because I bulked up this offseason and thought Id for sure have enough to be a welter weight, guess thats for next year:yep:

I thought for sure you'd be a welter this year as well, but lets just say you come in at 150 at the Jr's, or even 151, that would give you the ability to put on a solid 3-4 lb's more for next year and stay in the class. If the next 3-4 lb's translates the same way this past 4 lb's translates, that could b e a sick 154.

Scoobysnacks
06-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I thought for sure you'd be a welter this year as well, but lets just say you come in at 150 at the Jr's, or even 151, that would give you the ability to put on a solid 3-4 lb's more for next year and stay in the class. If the next 3-4 lb's translates the same way this past 4 lb's translates, that could b e a sick 154.

yes thats a good point and if I get top 3 Ill do Nationals in October and that 3-4 lbs would be the goal to add before that show. I wouldnt go offseason Id just eat clean but more of it and I think I could add that. We'll see how it shakes out.

JRob
06-09-2010, 09:29 AM
Time to bring this in J, lets get it man! You looked great this past weekend...

Were you able to talk to any of the judges about their thoughts?

Alot of excitement these next 2 weeks http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

Scoobysnacks
06-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Time to bring this in J, lets get it man! You looked great this past weekend...

Were you able to talk to any of the judges about their thoughts?

Alot of excitement these next 2 weeks http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

I talked to Isabelle Turrell told me I had a beautiful physique great X frame. And that I was WAY better at this same show this year than last. She said tighten up a bit from the glutes and hams but dont do anything crazy and see how I fare at Jrs. So thats pretty much what Im doing.

Ss

Scoobysnacks
06-09-2010, 12:48 PM
I dont post client stuff much unless they tell me too, but this one needs to be shared. Bodybuilding takes long hours in the kitchen and the gym, but check what Jeff Su has accomplished in two short years.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=402954147273#!/notes/natty-nutrition-llc/jeff-su-has-come-a-long-way/402954147273

rockhard
06-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I dont post client stuff much unless they tell me too, but this one needs to be shared. Bodybuilding takes long hours in the kitchen and the gym, but check what Jeff Su has accomplished in two short years.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=402954147273#!/notes/natty-nutrition-llc/jeff-su-has-come-a-long-way/402954147273 (http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=402954147273#%21/notes/natty-nutrition-llc/jeff-su-has-come-a-long-way/402954147273)E

Hard work and dedication an his part, and great guidance and attention to detail on yours. Excellent work Ss.!!!!!!!

bert
06-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Jason do you plan on adding or changing anything for quads, hams and glutes to get them where you want them? Or just going to let the diet do its thing.

Scoobysnacks
06-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Jason do you plan on adding or changing anything for quads, hams and glutes to get them where you want them? Or just going to let the diet do its thing.

We are doing more 100 carbs days as before it was sporadic and I upped LISS cardio to 2 plus hrs per day spread over three sessions. ill be on point.

Ss

bigcrz
06-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Scooby, im goin to take a shot at this but its killing me, lol. LISS= Low Intensity Stair Stepper?

Scoobysnacks
06-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Scooby, im goin to take a shot at this but its killing me, lol. LISS= Low Intensity Stair Stepper?

Low Intensity Steady State cardio, heart rate around 110-120 bpm. Just steady going.

Kyle Witherspoon
06-09-2010, 08:39 PM
We are doing more 100 carbs days as before it was sporadic and I upped LISS cardio to 2 plus hrs per day spread over three sessions. ill be on point.

Ss

Damn thats alot of cardio. Good luck at the JR bro!

Scoobysnacks
06-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Damn thats alot of cardio. Good luck at the JR bro!

im getting harder and weight hasnt budged under 155 it was 155.5 before the warm up but im way harder now, so Im all good with it, i did that much two weeks out last year too.

Kyle Witherspoon
06-10-2010, 12:39 AM
im getting harder and weight hasnt budged under 155 it was 155.5 before the warm up but im way harder now, so Im all good with it, i did that much two weeks out last year too.

Thats great do what you go to do to be peeled we all have been there before! Im just not used to alot of cardio like that. George made me stop cardio all together for now. Wish i was going to watch going to be alot of top guys there. As always best of luck!

Scoobysnacks
06-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Thats great do what you go to do to be peeled we all have been there before! Im just not used to alot of cardio like that. George made me stop cardio all together for now. Wish i was going to watch going to be alot of top guys there. As always best of luck!

Yeah this offseason I will be staying much leaner. I saw your like 18 wk out pics and you started WAY leaner than I did. This year will be different, Ill maintain good conditioning all year round.

I hit 154 so Im officially within the class, shelby pulled my cardio for today upped the carbs.

JRob
06-10-2010, 08:02 AM

Sounds like your right on target!
Maintaining fullness while chiseling away slowly but surely...

bigcrz
06-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Low Intensity Steady State cardio, heart rate around 110-120 bpm. Just steady going.
Ah, thnx for clearing that up, lol. Actually just how I prefer cardio.

Scoobysnacks
06-10-2010, 06:57 PM
10 days out. oh hit new low of 154 this morning.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2495.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_2493.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_2498.jpg

I let up on my abs before the pics was taken, but ill throw this up too, but im sure photobucket will find it pornographic, lol

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2494.jpg

Kyle Witherspoon
06-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Look like your tightening up nice. Love the small waist bro!

MusclesMarinara
06-10-2010, 11:48 PM
wow lookin amazing bro...

Scoobysnacks
06-11-2010, 10:16 AM
f'ing photobucket what does everyone use these days? Imagine shack Im not crazy about as you cant resize them at all.

Die4Mass
06-11-2010, 10:20 AM
10 days out. oh hit new low of 154 this morning.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2495.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_2493.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/IMG_2498.jpg

I let up on my abs before the pics was taken, but ill throw this up too, but im sure photobucket will find it pornographic, lol

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2494.jpg

dude id kill for your waist!! you're shredded already man, going to look freakish after you drop water and carb up

Scoobysnacks
06-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks bud I appreciate it, yeah my small waist does help with the illusion for sure.

Kyle Witherspoon
06-11-2010, 11:59 AM
What is your waist size right now?

Mac
06-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey Scoob you're really dialing it in. You look like your 200lbs, not 154.

Scoobysnacks
06-11-2010, 12:10 PM
What is your waist size right now?

25'' at the narrowest part, nothing fits, i have a notch on my belts i poked with an ice pick just to keep my pants on lol.

Its usually the smallest in my class which helps with that broad shoulder illusion.

Scoobysnacks
06-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Hey Scoob you're really dialing it in. You look like your 200lbs, not 154.

Thanks Mac its all about posing for the best illusion possible, I really appreciate you stopping by.

Scoobysnacks
06-11-2010, 12:24 PM
wow lookin amazing bro...

Im getting there, thanks.

Scoobysnacks
06-11-2010, 01:25 PM
If anyone is having issues with photobucket I sent them a quick email and they responded in 30 mins and fixed my account setting so my images have been restored I was quite impressed with their service actually.

from this morning a bit fuller:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2501.jpg

you can see how my abs pop better when Im full as opposed to the pics I posted last night when I was flat as shit:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2502.jpg

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2504.jpg

OoFaP
06-11-2010, 01:41 PM
You're looking incredible...you should do very well. I'm excited to see you take out everyone in your class as a natty.

Scoobysnacks
06-14-2010, 08:12 PM
more details coming in daily, my quads are getting deeper separation. Very happy withe details in the serratus and intercostals.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2506-1.jpg

more details on the side of the legs:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2507.jpg

didnt flex glutes and hams very good here, but this is how Im going to hit this shot, its way more imposing with both feet on the ground, as my legs look very thick like this. When I spike a leg I string out some, I will make sure I bend legs a bit more to get hams to pop and flex glutes better.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2509.jpg

Kyle Witherspoon
06-15-2010, 09:57 PM
more details coming in daily, my quads are getting deeper separation. Very happy withe details in the serratus and intercostals.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2506-1.jpg

more details on the side of the legs:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2507.jpg

didnt flex glutes and hams very good here, but this is how Im going to hit this shot, its way more imposing with both feet on the ground, as my legs look very thick like this. When I spike a leg I string out some, I will make sure I bend legs a bit more to get hams to pop and flex glutes better.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk311/theosnacks/My%20prep%20with%20shelby%20to%20the%202010%20Jr%2 0Nats/IMG_2509.jpg

Looking better bro! Wont you get docked for not having your foot back. That is what i thought but could be wrong. I remember at the LA a guy did that and they call him out to but a leg back.

rockhard
06-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Looking great Scoob, will be with you in spirit this weekend!

Scoobysnacks
06-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks Mark Im ready to roll.

Mr.Bones
06-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Great upper back

Scoobysnacks
06-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Made weight 153 is what I think the guy said. Im back up to 158 and carbing up now I will be doing so through the night napping in between meals. Game on!

Shulk
06-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Jason, on your back double bi how do you get your traps to pop like that. Do you pull shoulders up and then roll back?

ving
06-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Fatastic work Ss! It been great folowing along through your prep and best of luck.

Kyle Witherspoon
06-18-2010, 12:37 AM
Made weight 153 is what I think the guy said. Im back up to 158 and carbing up now I will be doing so through the night napping in between meals. Game on!

Awesome good luck!!

hulk7280
06-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Good luck jason!!

AllieCos
06-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Jason looks great! Saw him yesterday....he's ready