PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Jarrett scandal?

~gymdiva~
07-17-2009, 02:54 PM
f4wonline.com among others are reporting an odd couple of Bubba, The Love Spong Radio Shows as it relates to TNA & its talent.

It seems that someone called the show Wednesday claiming to be a backstage worker for TNA. The caller then said that Karen Angle & her children were now living with Jeff Jarrett. Bubba said he did not believe it, and tried to call Kurt Angle who did not answer. The "news" was not mentioned after that on the show.

Matt Morgan was scheduled to be on the show on Thursday but never appeared. Bubba suggested the cancelation was due to the caller the day before, and was not happy about it given the promotion he's given TNA in the past, and said he may not help them in the future.

interesting, huh?

~gymdiva~
07-20-2009, 04:37 PM
so maybe, maybe not...and that was originally posted in the gossip section but now there's a tad more developing out of all of this:

PWInsider.com is reporting that Jeff Jarrett was not at last night's PPV nor will he be at the TV tapings this week, and is taking "personal time off".

It is believed TNA was told this last Thursday or Friday which was just after the Bubba The Love Sponge caller suggested Karen Angle & her children were living with Jarrett, so the timing is odd but may be coincidental. We will have more on this developing story as it becomes available.

~gymdiva~
07-20-2009, 04:38 PM
and one more courtesy of wrestlezone:

by Nick Paglino
Jul 20, 2009

According to sources I have spoken with today, it appears that the situation with Jeff Jarrett taking personal time off from TNA may be a bit more complicated than some reports have stated. Two different stories have been circulating as to why Jarrett was not at Victory Road last night and has been pulled from subsequent Impact tapings this week.

One story floating around backstage
is that Jarrett has actually been suspended by TNA, probably due to the Karen Angle implication, however that rumor has seemed to have died down and most backstage do not see a suspension as the reason why Jarrett is not around.

The more accurate rumor, however, is claiming that there was some type of internal power move made by Kurt Angle in which he told Dixie Carter that either he or Jarrett had to go, and that if Jarrett didn't take some time off, then Kurt would, as he is not happy with the way Jarrett is running things in TNA right now.

Additionally, I was told that very few people are upset that Jarrett is not around right now.

~gymdiva~
07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
one more update to report:

by Nick Paglino
Jul 20, 2009

In an update to the developing Jeff Jarrett/TNA situation, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Kurt Angle was overheard telling people at the house show in Winston-Salem, NC this past Saturday night that he will NOT sign a new TNA contract if Jeff Jarrett remains in control of creative. He furthered his comments by saying that he wants control of the booking team and that if he does not receive such control he will not re-sign with TNA when his contract expires in the fall.

The current booking plans that are in place are expected to last throughout the next several weeks, and it's interesting to note that plans to have a Jarrett/Eric Young feud have been scrapped.

Many backstage are said to be in total agreement with Kurt Angle as they are unhappy with the way Jarrett has been booking TNA TV for quite sometime now. The only ones in the company who are siding with Jarrett in this matter are those who have been die hard Jarrett supporters from the very beginning.

dallas3
07-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Haven't watched TNA regularly in awhile but that's pretty bold of Angle if true.

~gymdiva~
07-23-2009, 12:06 AM
well here's the transcript of that initial call that started this whole ball of drama rolling:

by Matt Boone
Jul 22, 2009

Bubba The Love SpongeThe following is a transcript of the now infamous call on the Bubba The Love Sponge radio show which sparked the ongoing Jeff Jarrett/Kurt Angle/TNA saga.

Bubba: James, out of Orlando, you're on protection, James.

James: You got me on protection, yeah?

Bubba: Got you on protection, yeah.

James: I just wanted to call you up and let you know, man, you know Karen Angle - I know you and Kurt are good friends - Karen Angle is not who you think she is.

Bubba: Hold on, Karen Angle is a good friend of mine as well. I'm friends with Kurt Angle, Karen Angle... What's wrong with her?

James: I don't think she's the type of person you think that she is, man. I don't want to get into it too much, but she's actually living with Jeff Jarrett now. Her and the kids are living with Jeff Jarrett. And Dixie (Carter) is -

Bubba: Hold on. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. First of all, her and Kurt are divorced. But, you're talking about Jeff Jarrett as in the wrestler
, as in part owner?

James: Yes. And Dixie is upset, man.

Bubba: You mean Dixie Carter? First of all, I don't necessarily believe that. I would probably have to heart from Kurt, Karen, or Dixie herself if Dixie's in the mix. Secondly, Dixie is the president and almost-all owner of TNA Wrestling. Sir, do you work close to the situation?

James: I work on the lot for TNA. I don't want to say much more - anything more than that.

Bubba: First of all, sir, I don't know this to be true.

James: Oh, it's true.

Bubba: Secondly, how in the hell can Kurt work with Jeff Jarrett if that's indeed the truth?

James: I don't know how much longer Jeff Jarrett is going to be with TNA. Dixie is upset. She's talking about buying him out or maybe firing him.

Bubba: Wow. Is this a thing that has just been recent or has it been long going? How can I verify this, sir?

James: Now I can't say that this was happening when she was with Kurt or that this led to the divorce or anything. This is something I just personally found out about. As much as the back-story of how long it's been going on, I don't know. It's been going on for a little while - it's my understanding. But, I do know that she is living with Jeff Jarrett.

Bubba: And the kids?

James: And the kids, absolutely. That gives you something to think about with Karen Angle.

~gymdiva~
07-23-2009, 12:08 AM
one more for y'all:

by Chris Cash
Jul 22, 2009

Conflicting stories are surfacing all over the place regarding the backstage drama going on in TNA between Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle.

One of the main differences is whether Karen Angle has actually moved in with Jeff Jarrett or not. Mark Madden said exclusively on the Voice of Wrestling radio show Monday night that he heard she had moved in with Jarrett, but another source told me yesterday she has not. Sources are consistent though on the two having a romantic relationship and spending a lot of time together.

There's a mixed bag of emotions when it comes to how the locker room is feeling about the situation. I've been told that some even think this whole saga could be a work that Russo has been known to do in the past. Reasons for this could be another feud between Kurt and Jeff, bringing Karen back to television, or simply testing the other employees to see if they'll pick sides. Punishment would then be given to those that do. The idea that this entire thing could be made up is unlikely, but is definitely being considered given the "bizarre" nature of this whole thing. Because of this, a lot of the boys are just keeping their mouths shut until it all blows over.

Kurt Angle has been openly telling people that he wants to take over the head of creative. He's made it known that he is not happy with the direction of the company, both from the creative and business end of things. We can also confirm that he has stated on more than one occasion he would leave once his contract is up this fall if he doesn't get the book.

Jarrett has been telling people that he left on his own accord, but there are still those being told that Dixie took him off television and made him stay home due to lying to her about his relationship with Karen.

I have also heard that most of the boys do not miss Jarrett being there
outside of his close, loyal supporters. However, there are also those that do not trust Kurt and his intentions.

We will have more on this developing story as soon as new details come out.

atomicplayboy3000
07-30-2009, 10:15 PM
TNA would be better off with BOTH of them gone

~gymdiva~
08-29-2009, 12:11 AM
by Nick Paglino
Aug 28, 2009

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Jeff Jarrett remains a part owner of TNA even though some recent reports have claimed that he has been bought out by Dixie Carter. The current plan is to have Jarrett work on various TNA projects including marketing and international tours, and stay away from the actual tapings as a creative member or on-air talent. Dixie Carter has decided to keep Jarrett away from the TNA roster to separate him from Kurt Angle so that no tensions arise between the two individuals. It remains to be seen whether or not Jarrett will return to TNA in a creative or on-air capacity.

TPT
08-29-2009, 12:32 PM
why mess with angle's ex-wife? that is just messed up. and angle just happens to be the most important wrestler in tna. everything revolves around him! he can get anything over. he is that good.

~gymdiva~
08-31-2009, 02:16 PM
^oh it's true, it's true ;)

in other JJ news:

by Nick Paglino
Aug 31, 2009

TNA's Jeremy Borash has noted on his Twitter page that Jeff Jarrett will be returning to the road with the company when he travels to Australia with Borash and Christy Hemme to do promotional work for TNA. This will be the first time Jarrett has appeared on the road with TNA since being sent home by Dixie Carter. It's not being said at this time whether or not TNA plans for Jarrett to return to the ring or the creative team in the future, but most speculate he will at least return to the ring at some point down the line.