PDA

View Full Version : Big Dave Smith: JOURNEY TO THE ATLANTIC CITY AMATEUR

Big Dave Smith
07-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Hello everybody. I figured I would start a journal and write in it as often as I can.

If anybody cares, here's my background.

I'm 5'9, 260lbs (today on the scale), and 24 years old. Right now I work 3 jobs. I work full time for a liquor distributor at nite from 7pm-5am Monday through Thursday. I personal train as many clients as I can at Cardinal Fitness, which usually takes between 15-20hrs per week. My soon to be website is NOBULLFITNESS.NET. I also am a bouncer at a bar. Both the bar and PT jobs are within walking distance of my apartment. So basically, I work a total of 65-70 hours per week.

Most of the days I wake up around 1pm and start training people at 2pm. I leave the gym around 6pm and head to work at 7pm. Some days I'm there till 5, but if we're not busy or busier than usual, add or subtract an hour. Bedtime is usually 6:30/7am after cooking meals, cleaning the kitchen, and showering.

I'm aiming at doing the Continental USA and Atlantic City Amateur. The Atlantic City is the main show I want to do, so if I'm not ready for the Continental, I won't do it. I'll be doing a keto diet and have no idea what I'll weigh. After I strip off a ton of water retention, I have a good chance at sliding into the top of the heavies. 6 weeks 5 days till the Continental and 7 weeks 5 days until the AC.

Here are a few YouTubes that were taken last year before the Indianapolis.

I hope to be a lot harder than this. 233lbs in the video.
YouTube - 4 days out 2008 Indianapolis

I think these were 85's.
YouTube - DB Curls

A little grappling. My first meet. Still a white belt and very low on the totem pole. I train at Integrated Arts for MMA type stuff and ibjja.com for straight BJJ. Integrated is where Chris Lytle, Jake O'Brien, Dan Christison, and Matt Mitrione train.
YouTube - 1st Match

Big Dave Smith
07-23-2009, 04:42 AM
Did legs yesterday. I've been taking it easy on them in the past few years to let my upper body catch up. Pre-contest and in to the off-season, I'm going back to making them look freakish.

Got 405 for 14 DEEP on squats yesterday. My goal is 20 for the next workout. I'd really like to get between 25-30 before my show and will surely video it.

Weight is steady at 259 despite the keto diet. I think it'll start coming down real quick. Will post pics and maybe a video or two this weekend.

Big Dave Smith
07-29-2009, 05:29 AM
Leg day today. Body weight is @ 249. I've really lost a ton of water.

I tried getting 405 for 20, but my legs ran out of gas at 16.

Things have been rough. Tomorrow I train clients from 2-6, come home to prepare for work, clock in by 7pm, leave by 5am, and hit the sack around 7AM.

I've been making pancakes out of vanilla whey isolate cottage cheese, egg whites, mac nut oil, stevia, butterscotch extract, baking soda, and fiber. They've helped keep me sane.

YouTube - 405 X 16

vboissiere
08-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Awesome training footage!!!

That's a brutal schedule that you have. I'll rooting for you. All the best.

ANADROLicfreak
08-04-2009, 04:06 PM
damn dude you do work alot.you are one dedicated bber.

Big Dave Smith
08-13-2009, 04:14 AM
I didn't think anybody was viewing this thread. I'll keep adding pics and videos if people want.

Weight was 236 on Wednesday morning. Looking to come in as a heavyweight, but really work on my conditioning. Things are hectic, averaging 5-6 hours per nite.