PDA

View Full Version : Training partner problems

marcusmucheck
07-21-2009, 08:17 AM
QUESTION-
my most reliable training partner is often late. Not by a few minutes but sometimes hours. I can't continue to move my schedule to accomodate this.

What should I do? How can I allow him to save face but also make it clear that we must start on time and stay on schedule?

smj091977
07-21-2009, 09:50 AM
Talk to him/her about it. If it doesn't help, You'll have to train without him/her. When he/she gets a hold of you to train, tell them you lifted at the set time. My best training partner and I haven't talked in 3 years or more. It was a great partnership. I was the weaker but always doggging at his heels. He pushed me to try and catch up to him. He left the department, got a construction/concrete job, eventually we couldn't keep the same schedule and grew more distant from there. I found a new partner who is the weaker but pushing me to stay the stronger. Good training partners are out there. I have been able to find one no matter where I went, city, state or country.

absolutemargolis
07-21-2009, 04:14 PM
A good training partner is hard to find...Over the past 6 years Ive been through 8. So basically they average 6-12 months longevity. My advice when things arent working out break it off just like a relationship. If your training is as important as mine is to me nothing and noone will hinder your progress or reaching your goals. just my two cents.

powerbeast
10-04-2009, 11:25 PM
I've been through a number of training partners over the years. It's so frusterating when you have a partner that blows off work outs or who fizzles out after a few months. I have finally been blessed to find a crew of powerlifters that share the common dedication and consistency as myself. I feel your pain I've been there too many times before but good training partners are out there. I live in a pretty small town and have been able to find some.