PDA

View Full Version : my DC/FST-7 hybrid proposal....

db006
02-19-2009, 02:33 PM
i have never done FST-7 before, but i have had great success with DC. my question is would extreme stretching before the FST-7 set be beneficial? and am i on the right track combining these 2 methods?

A1 Chest- incline smith 11-15rp
Stretch
Pec deck or cable crossover x 7
Shoulders- DB press 20-30rp
Stretch
Seated side laterals x 7
Triceps- CGBP 11-15rp
Stretch
Rope pushdowns or skullcrushers x 7
A2 Chest- hammer incline 11-15rp
Stretch
Pec deck or cable crossovers x 7
Shoulders- smith military 11-15rp
Stretch
Seated side laterals x 7
Triceps- PJR pullovers 15-30rp
Stretch
A3 Chest- flat smith 20-30rp
Stretch
Pec deck or cable crossovers x 7
Shoulders- seated military 11-20rp
Stretch
Seated side laterals x 7
Triceps- dips 15-30rp
Stretch

B1 Biceps- straight bar curls 11-20rp
Stretch
Iron cross curls x 7
Forearms- hammer curls 11-20ss
Back W- pulldowns 11-15rp
Stretch
Cable pullovers x 7
Back T- deads 6-9 9-12
B2 Biceps- standing alt curls 11-20rp
Stretch
Iron cross curls x 7
Forearms- one arm reverse curls 11-20ss
Back W- close grip pulldowns 11-15rp
Stretch
Cable pullovers x 7
Back T- rack deads 6-9 9-12
B3 Biceps- ez curl 11-20rp
Stretch
Iron cross curls x 7
Forearms- pinwheels 11-20ss
Back W- hammer pulldowns 11-15rp
Stretch
Cable pullovers x 7
Back T- bent over rows 10-12 ss

C1 Calves- seated calves 8-10ss
Hamstrings- standing leg curls 15-30
Stretch
Lying leg curls x 7
Quads- barbell squat 6-10 20wm
Stretch
Leg extensions x 7
C2 Calves- leg press calves 8-10ss
Hamstrings- stiff legged barbell 11-20ss
Stretch
Lying leg curls x 7
Quads- leg press 6-10 20wm
Stretch
Leg extensions x 7
C3 Calves- standing calf raise 8-10ss
Hamstrings- heel press 15-25ss
Stretch
Lying leg curls x 7
Quads- hack squat 6-10 20wm
Leg extensions x 7

buster12
02-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Thats quite a list. To answer the question, there is no problem with stretching between the 7 sets as long as you take 30 secs rest while sipping water. Meaning, the stretch must not take more than 30 secs. I cant comment on your routine because I am not an expert in dc training.

db006
02-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Thats quite a list. To answer the question, there is no problem with stretching between the 7 sets as long as you take 30 secs rest while sipping water. Meaning, the stretch must not take more than 30 secs. I cant comment on your routine because I am not an expert in dc training.
actually the plan is to do the weighted extreme stretch after my heavy workset and before the FST-7 set. i will also imply the flex and sip method.

bigtimektz
02-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Has your success with DC stopped? If not, I would not change it by adding a bunch of volume to a DC routine.

buster12
02-19-2009, 03:35 PM
actually the plan is to do the weighted extreme stretch after my heavy workset and before the FST-7 set. i will also imply the flex and sip method.
I would not do the extreme stretch b4 the seven sets.... if anything, do them after. I know dante recommends not doing any more exercise for the muscle after its been extreme stretched....

db006
02-19-2009, 03:49 PM
I would not do the extreme stretch b4 the seven sets.... if anything, do them after. I know dante recommends not doing any more exercise for the muscle after its been extreme stretched....
well there was one instance dante had me doing my chest workset, followed by an extreme stretch, and then a pec deck push widowmaker. but your right, all other bodyparts are stretched and then not used. but if the idea is stretch the fascia then fill it my blood and water and nutrients, stretching and pumping sounds optimal. so that is why i was throwing this out there. thanks for your thoughts though.

db006
02-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Has your success with DC stopped? If not, I would not change it by adding a bunch of volume to a DC routine.
no it didnt stop. but i switched over to a higher volume program during my prep last year. what im after combining these 2 programs is the size that DC gets you along with the full and round look the FST-7 concept is supposed to offer.

buster12
02-19-2009, 05:45 PM
well there was one instance dante had me doing my chest workset, followed by an extreme stretch, and then a pec deck push widowmaker. but your right, all other bodyparts are stretched and then not used. but if the idea is stretch the fascia then fill it my blood and water and nutrients, stretching and pumping sounds optimal. so that is why i was throwing this out there. thanks for your thoughts though.
by all means, stretch the muscle! Keep stretching the muscle! I stretch between every set. I just dont perform an extreme stretch till all is done. I just think the extreme set is already so painful, that it takes alot out of you.... dont know if this helps...

orhochris
03-03-2009, 05:32 PM
by all means, stretch the muscle! Keep stretching the muscle! I stretch between every set. I just dont perform an extreme stretch till all is done. I just think the extreme set is already so painful, that it takes alot out of you.... dont know if this helps...

keep the stretching... agreed. but the extreme stretch is a whole different animal. and if you're planning on doing the 3 day split of DC for 4 days per week... with the fst 7 set on top... thats going to be some wicked recovery demands put on your body... unless you're popping progenex or some shit after every workout thats going to be rough by my estimate.