PDA

View Full Version : milk products when dieting bad?

ruffiny89
07-24-2009, 02:04 PM
besides whey. what about low/ fat free cheese ok while on keto

Karuk
07-24-2009, 02:14 PM
With any Keto diet you need to pay attention to the carb content specifically sugars. Look at package. If it has carbs/sugar you need to avoid it.

Alex The Great
07-24-2009, 04:40 PM
You could eat high fat cheese, low fat cheese, no fat cheese. Its not really the fat content that matters as long as your watching A. your carbs and B. your calories. If your body is in a defficient you will be loosing weight. At the same time you have to keep your carbs low. Most people need to stay under 30-40 grams of net carbs a day to remain in keto. Even though there are some rare cases in which people can go up to 50 grams. Id keep it below 30 just to be on the safe side. So all in all if you wana eat cheese go for it. Just watch your calories and watch your carbs.

figurebre
08-31-2009, 02:48 PM
The reason why dairy has a bad rep is because it digests slowly. If you were to use dairy in minimal amounts or as the last meal paired with a protein, then that would be ok...just make sure you are using non fat dairy products

DAVIDHARDY
08-31-2009, 03:53 PM
Sometimes when I get bored as hell from the egg meal, I'll replace 2 of the yolks with an ounce of cheese. I just grate an ounce straight off of the block. Might not be the best approach, but it keeps me sane and I'm progressing just fine, so I'm not too worried about it at all.

ruffiny89
09-01-2009, 08:27 AM
The reason why dairy has a bad rep is because it digests slowly. If you were to use dairy in minimal amounts or as the last meal paired with a protein, then that would be ok...just make sure you are using non fat dairy products

i dont understand the bold could u explain?

DAVIDHARDY
09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
i dont understand the bold could u explain?

Some people have a hard time digesting the lactose in dairy.

figurebre
09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Basically, eating dairy is like putting sludgey oil in your gas tank.
It slows down the rate at which you metabolize food.