PDA

View Full Version : Best Hrt Doctors

magnus68
02-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Hey Guys, I am new here. I am currently 40 and been on Hrt for 3 years and am clinically hypogonadic. My current program is 300mg a week plus hgh at 1.5 iu's a day(i usually take 2.1 though) my gains have pretty much stopped and I am wondering if there is anything else I should be taking and how much. I am 5'8 185 11%bf but would like to maintain a physique at 190 and 6-7%bf. My workouts are good although I have been experiencing a lot of muscle strains and tendonitis lately, even with the hgh. I want a program that will be good and safe and a doctor in the south fla area. My current Doc really has no clue.

thanks

Jacquester
02-20-2009, 12:20 AM
One thing you can try is spliting your 300mg dose into two 150mg/wk for a more stable blood level. 1.5- 2.1 isn't known to help much for muscle building just recover, etc. It usually takes more. Hgh is also known for joint soreness carpal tunnel but usually in much higher doses, but people react differently. 6-7% is hard to maintain and keep your lbm but if you can do it, that's great.

magnus68
02-20-2009, 08:10 AM
thanks jacque

RazorRipped
02-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I am 5'8 185 11%bf but would like to maintain a physique at 190 and 6-7%bf. .

thanks

At 185 11% body fat your LBM is approx 163 pounds. So what you are trying to achieve will literally take years. You need to put on close to 25 pounds of muscle tissue. Given the fact LBM is on the low side especially if you've been training for many years. That means you don't have the genetics to put on extreme amounts of muscle tissue. Without genetics all the drugs in the world aren't going to help you much.

Maintaining 6-7% body fat is extremely hard to do. Have you ever been at 6%? Not to sound like a dick, but if you have been at 6% you'd know it unrealistic to maintain that percentage. 9-10 % is more realistic.

You need to be realistic with your goals too. What you have in mind ISN'T even remotely realistic in your case.

~RR

militantmuscle
02-20-2009, 03:34 PM
At 185 11% body fat your LBM is approx 163 pounds. So what you are trying to achieve will literally take years. You need to put on close to 25 pounds of muscle tissue. Given the fact LBM is on the low side especially if you've been training for many years. That means you don't have the genetics to put on extreme amounts of muscle tissue. Without genetics all the drugs in the world aren't going to help you much.

Maintaining 6-7% body fat is extremely hard to do. Have you ever been at 6%? Not to sound like a dick, but if you have been at 6% you'd know it unrealistic to maintain that percentage. 9-10 % is more realistic.

You need to be realistic with your goals too. What you have in mind ISN'T even remotely realistic in your case.

~RR

Razor is right, it's always good to conceptualize your goals into hard numbers, but most people relatively new to bodybuilding or fitness tend to have numbers that don't really correlate to the look they want, due to inexperience of critiquing and working with physiques. What kind of look do you want? Do you see any physiques (doesn't have to be bodybuilders, can be athletes, celebrities, etc.) that you aspire to? Let us know, and we can take a look and guesstimate from the example what you are really shooting for. I have a client right now who wants to look like Rudy Reyes, the guy from Generation Kill. He thought he would have to gain so much muscle when in reality, all he would have to do is lose all the fat and he would look leaner, weigh more and be bigger than Reyes.

gman
02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
I had the dexascan done, found out I was about 167 lbm, and all I want know is to get to 185 without losing muscle.

I think that is more realistic than trying to get bigger, especially at my age.

magnus68
02-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Elite and RR, thanks for the honesty. I guess at 40 and not being predispositioned for muscle, I guess being lean like a Mens Health model or something might be realistic or attainable.

magnus68
02-20-2009, 04:22 PM
I alwas liked the look of Zane or even Sly at His best

gman
02-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I'd settle for Daniel Craig look. lol

magnus68
02-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Seriously!, Of course I'd like to be huge and ripped, but the majority of broads out there would rather have a tight and lean guy. Not necessarily huge. Mabey I need to reprioritize LOL