PDA

View Full Version : Affliction 3:Trilogy PPV scrapped!

Mr X
07-25-2009, 11:50 AM
After Barnett's positive test result this was bound to happen.

Check out the details HERE (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/07/24/affliction.trilogy.canceled/index.html).

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4225/danaiscoming.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

dallas3
07-25-2009, 12:05 PM
That pic pretty much sums it up....I think this will bring Fedor closer to a deal with UFC now.

Stavman
07-25-2009, 12:06 PM
That pic is fucking hilarious.

chitownmscle
07-25-2009, 08:13 PM
That pic pretty much sums it up....I think this will bring Fedor closer to a deal with UFC now.

The UFC is going to be the only place any MMA fighter can fight to make decent money soon. Which is a shame because competition promotes growth. UFC is going to monopolize MMA and Dana and the owners of the UFC are going to be able to dictate what a fighter gets paid not the other way around.

So yes Fedor is probably going to come to UFC for a lack of choice of places to fight in

ANADROLicfreak
07-25-2009, 08:20 PM
The UFC is going to be the only place any MMA fighter can fight to make decent money soon. Which is a shame because competition promotes growth. UFC is going to monopolize MMA and Dana and the owners of the UFC are going to be able to dictate what a fighter gets paid not the other way around.

So yes Fedor is probably going to come to UFC for a lack of choice of places to fight in

i dont think dana will pay him what he is used to making though.

chitownmscle
07-25-2009, 08:25 PM
i dont think dana will pay him what he is used to making though.

Absolutley not, but if the UFC is the only league left to pay, I have heard rumors that affliction is having issues as I'm sure everyone has heard. then Fedor will either fight in the UFC or not fight at all. If UFC is the only place to fight then Dana holds all the cards and Fedor has no say over how much he will take for a fight.

With at least Affliction left Fedor has at least that to lean on saying well if you don't pay me I'll just fight in Affliction.

ANADROLicfreak
07-25-2009, 08:26 PM
oh ya.i cant stand dana but i guess its the only place left for him.

dallas3
07-25-2009, 11:48 PM

Exactly, for Fedor it took away the leverage he had against the UFC. I think he'll still get a good deal from them but not what he was demanding from them in the past.

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Exactly, for Fedor it took away the leverage he had against the UFC. I think he'll still get a good deal from them but not what he was demanding from them in the past.

I think he will get a deal but not a fair one. I think that Dana and the presidents of UFC have already decided that Brock Lesnar is going to be their champion for the heavyweight division because he is big, strong, powerful, marketable, It's like Frank Mir said in an interview before his fight with Lesnar. It's all about what can sell. Junie from TUF is getting a lot more pub then Effrain (sp) did from the show even though Effrain won. Brock can sell tickets and is homegrown in America.

Could you imagine what would happen if Fedor knocked out Brock and then took the belt home to Russia?

ANADROLicfreak
07-26-2009, 12:07 AM
I think he will get a deal but not a fair one. I think that Dana and the presidents of UFC have already decided that Brock Lesnar is going to be their champion for the heavyweight division because he is big, strong, powerful, marketable, It's like Frank Mir said in an interview before his fight with Lesnar. It's all about what can sell. Junie from TUF is getting a lot more pub then Effrain (sp) did from the show even though Effrain won. Brock can sell tickets and is homegrown in America.

Could you imagine what would happen if Fedor knocked out Brock and then took the belt home to Russia?

ya i cant wait for that day.lol take the belt to russia lol.

"Rodz"
07-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Are you guys surprised Affliction will be a clothing sponser again in the UFC

Mr X
07-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Not really surprised, there's some weird shit going down at the UFC lately..

Affliction back in...

Dana and Tito make up..

Frank Trigg coming back..

Kimbo on TUF 10, it goes on and on!

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Not really surprised, there's some weird shit going down at the UFC lately..

Affliction back in...

Dana and Tito make up..

Frank Trigg coming back..

Kimbo on TUF 10, it goes on and on!

Dana and Tito is not really all that weird, they have had this love hate relationship forever. Tito is in the same boat as Fedor, UFC is the only place a MMA fighter can make money and I think Tito realizes that. Once he makes his money again they will be fighting

Kimbo on TUF kind of surprised me considering Dana talking they way he did about Kimbo. I have said previously that UFC is now about marketing personalities and not always the best fighters. Kimbo already has a small following from the YouTube and EliteXC days so I think Dana sees potential for money and if he can work his way through TUF I think he is going to promote the hell out of Kimbo

Mr X
07-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Don't get me wrong I have no problem with any of it.

But these are strange times for MMA.

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Strange in MMA yes. Strange for the UFC no. Dana has constant drama going on and I think he likes it that way. Whether it's Couture, Tito, Wanderlei (sp) Rampage or Brock he has drama going on.

Mr X
07-26-2009, 01:38 PM
I started watching UFC all the way back from UFC1 so I'm used to Danas antics.

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Yea, I've been following UFC since the begining too, it's a shame though that most people associate MMA solely with UFC. With the exception of Fedor now I bet no one can name a single fighter outside of the UFC

Mr X
07-26-2009, 01:47 PM
These days there isn't much else really, I guess Strikeforce and Dream.

It was good when Pride was strong a few years back.

chitownmscle
07-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Yea Pride was great. There were many a great battles there. It's where Wanderlei and Rampage IMO were at there best

Mr X
07-26-2009, 01:55 PM
The fight where Rampage got knocked out of the ring was crazy.

Sensei
07-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Affliction was gonna stop its fight promotion after this event anyway, barnet's positive test gave them an excuse to not do it & get away with not paying the fighters

ANADROLicfreak
07-27-2009, 01:59 AM
i just saw the preview to afflictions next fight.you guys sure its off?fedor/barnett fight?

Mr X
07-27-2009, 09:55 AM
YES the California State Athletic Commission wont let him fight due to his positive Drugs result.

ANADROLicfreak
07-27-2009, 08:29 PM
oh okay.they need to stop running commercials then.

Sensei
07-29-2009, 12:51 AM
YES ITS OFF, Im sure its hard to pull off all the comercials & ads at this point cuz the event was suppose to happen this saturday, I feel for the fighters who trained their asses off & then dont get to fight or get paid