PDA

View Full Version : Sleep apnea

ricker35910
07-25-2009, 06:59 PM
i think i might have sleep apnea. i was in my bulking phase running alot of gear along with insulin and gh, i was at wk 4 with the slin and found myself waking up around 3am gasping for air. i did a google search and found out that it could be sleep apnea and also found out that it is common with bodybuilders but it did not say if it would go away on its own without treating it with a oxygen mask while you sleep. does anyone else have this ? if so how are you taking care of it? if this isn't in the right section please move. thank you

Shawn Bellon
07-25-2009, 07:01 PM
I can say its common especially for bigger guys. As far as I know you never get rid of it.

irishpride
07-25-2009, 07:35 PM
when i was heavier in body weight 5'9 240-270# or so i would snore terribly and have lots of trouble breathing while i slept..my then gf was constantly waking me beceasue i stopped breathing and i would wake up gasping same as you..i then lowered my weight drastically down to 200-220# and i can breath fine..still snore a tad when i lay on my back but nothing like before..you should talk to your doc and or go to a sleep clinic..

ricker35910
07-25-2009, 08:49 PM
when i was heavier in body weight 5'9 240-270# or so i would snore terribly and have lots of trouble breathing while i slept..my then gf was constantly waking me beceasue i stopped breathing and i would wake up gasping same as you..i then lowered my weight drastically down to 200-220# and i can breath fine..still snore a tad when i lay on my back but nothing like before..you should talk to your doc and or go to a sleep clinic..
im gonna lose some of this weight and see if that helps first, if not then i will go to a sleep clinic, i just dont want to have to wear one of those oxygen mask while i sleep.

Shawn Bellon
07-25-2009, 09:14 PM
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02716/sleep-apnea.html

What therapies does Dr. Weil recommend for sleep apnea?
If you're overweight, lose some of the excess pounds. According to the American Sleep Foundation, even a 10 percent weight loss can reduce the nightly breathing interruptions.
Avoid alcohol before bedtime.
Talk to your pharmacist about the side effects of any medications you are taking.
Discontinue use of sleeping pills.
Develop good sleep habits, including sleeping on your side, getting enough quality rest, and developing - and sticking to - a bedtime and sleep schedule.
Get your blood pressure under control through diet, regular moderate exercise and healthy lifestyle choices.

ricker35910
07-25-2009, 11:19 PM
thanks for the link bro