PDA

View Full Version : The 2 x Natural Mr Olympia - Kiyoshi Moody Q&A Thread

Pages : [1] 2

AVBG
02-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Welcome aboard Kiyoshi!

Let me be the first to get the ball rolling..

Q. How's the prep going for the US & TU?
Q. Have you started dieting?
Q. What weight and BF level will you be starting at?
Q. What are some common mistakes made by our natural bros/sisters when preparing for a show?

Kiyoshi Moody
02-20-2009, 11:39 AM
I just want to Thank everyone for coming to RXMuscle. Lets try and make this site very informative where we can all learn from everyone.

Q. How's the prep going for the US & TU?

As of this year, this is the first time in many years that I'm actually holding on to weight. In the past my weight usually drops. But right now I've been kinda sticking to a pretty good program even though it does get expensive at times. My meals are in the 8 to 10 range. So I'm progressing each day. At the same time I'm getting pretty excited and nervous for the USA's since this will be my first crack at it. I've always gone to watch the USA's and always thought to myself oneday when I'm ready and deserving to be up there onstage with the best amateur bodybuilders I will take a shot. So come July it will be on. My goal is just to crack the top 5. Right now I'm feeling pretty good with the progress I'm making right now and the body parts that I need to bring up. As far as the Team Universe. I have mixed feelings. At the end of last year I said I was done with the Team U, but people told me dont make the decision right now on emotions. Take your time to think and then decide. Two years in a row I lost on narrow decisions and it's actually made me hungrier for this up and coming year. After looking at the pictures did I deserve to win? No. Two years in a row I've been beaten on two different areas and poses and it's in the front of my head everyday when I go to the gym gotta improve those areas or die trying. But this coming Team Universe it's gonna be different.

Q. Have you started dieting?

I havent started dieting yet for the USA's. In speaking with Dave. He needs 16 weeks with me. So it's coming up pretty soon in March we start dieting. For the Team U, not sure how it will work but we will see. This will be my first time on the keto diet so I'm pretty excited.

Q. What weight and BF level will you be starting at?

I was just emailing Layne norton the other day about how much does he weigh right now. He said 225lbs. I asked if I could borrow some of that weight. lol Right now I'm holding at 212. I anticipate my weight to be around 215 to 220 when we start for the USA's bodyfat wise I might be around 15% I try to stay lean all year around. My metabolism is very, very fast so I'm constantly eating.

Q. What are some common mistakes made by our natural bros/sisters when preparing for a show?

Let me start this way. I've been competing since 1998. In all the years I've meet with everytype of competitior there was from the the top natural pro to the IFBB pro they have all said make sure you learn your body first. What works for someone might not work for you. You have to try different methods, exercises, diets etc. I see alot of copy cat people when going through a competition and if it dosnt turn out right ten they quit and blame the persons diet. That just means it didnt work for you. move on try something else. I have tried numerous different diets and I still dont have it down to the tee. I think Jeff Rod can agree with me there something that worked last year might not work the same as this year. Your body changes every year and you have to make the changes with it. Secondly overtraining, this happens alot especially with naturals. You must give your body time to recuperate by resting a bodypart at least 72 hours before you hit it again let the muscle repair itself. As you get closer to your show with lighter weights and more repetitons and shorter rest time between sets it ok to hit the muscle twice perweek because you are not trying to build muscle your tryin to sustain and condition that muscle. Third, I think just about everyone makes this mistake I myself hav Jeff has I can name alot but the important thing is to get with someone in your area to learn the proper poses (not just anyone, someone that really knows and has competed, not just or joe schmoe). Also tanning I cant emphasize enough that competitors have lost shows because they were not dark enough and used proper tanning sprays etc. Making sure to cover your face , hands , feet. Ask Jeff!!!! Things do turn out different though but why chance it. Your never dark enough. Fourth, Posing trunks dont get then when you first start dieting that would not make sense cause you will lose bodyfat and you will be swimming in your trunks. Take it from me. I did it my very first show. lol. Pick a color that matches your skin type, dont just pick any color. Alway have a pair for the prejuding and another for the night show. I see too many times smudges on trunks protan on trunks. It dosnt look good. Remember presentation. Always remember prepare ahead of time and you should be fine.

Kiyoshi Moody
02-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Now someone also asked about my bumps on my abs, In my very first show I competed in 2007 I was curious but didnt think nothing of it. Until I was getting ready for the Team Universe I noticed again. Only time I really noticed them was when I got very lean and dropped my water they really came out. So I went to the doctor to see what they were cause some people said I should go get them checked and also I was accused of having GH bumps, shooting a damn needle in my abs. lol. Hell No. After speaking with the doctor and an examine the bumps on my abs are called Lipomas. What are they you ask?
A lipoma is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin. Lipomas are found most often on the torso, neck, upper thighs, upper arms, and armpits, but they can occur almost anywhere in the body. One or more lipomas may be present at the same time. Lipomas are the most common noncancerous soft tissue growth.
The cause of lipomas is not completely understood, but the tendency to develop them is inherited. A minor injury may trigger the growth. Being overweight does not cause lipomas.

So there you have it. It is not gh bumps!!!!

MisledYouth
02-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Now someone also asked about my bumps on my abs, In my very first show I competed in 2007 I was curious but didnt think nothing of it. Until I was getting ready for the Team Universe I noticed again. Only time I really noticed them was when I got very lean and dropped my water they really came out. So I went to the doctor to see what they were cause some people said I should go get them checked and also I was accused of having GH bumps, shooting a damn needle in my abs. lol. Hell No. After speaking with the doctor and an examine the bumps on my abs are called Lipomas. What are they you ask?
A lipoma is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin. Lipomas are found most often on the torso, neck, upper thighs, upper arms, and armpits, but they can occur almost anywhere in the body. One or more lipomas may be present at the same time. Lipomas are the most common noncancerous soft tissue growth.
The cause of lipomas is not completely understood, but the tendency to develop them is inherited. A minor injury may trigger the growth. Being overweight does not cause lipomas.

I am glad you posted this Kiyoshi. I have a physical scheduled for today, and am going to bring this up with my doc. I have small bump on the side of my neck that sounds just like a lipoma... I just hope it is!

By the way, its great to have you here bro!

Kiyoshi Moody
02-20-2009, 12:45 PM
I am glad you posted this Kiyoshi. I have a physical scheduled for today, and am going to bring this up with my doc. I have small bump on the side of my neck that sounds just like a lipoma... I just hope it is!

By the way, its great to have you here bro!

No problem Bro. Everyone always asks me about them. Yes please go get them checked its better to be safe then sorry later on.

Ur welcome and thank you and very happy to be aboard!!!!

AVBG
02-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Kiyoshi.. You train clients and some of those trainees would have a slower metabolism (like myself).. What do you recommend offseason diet wise for these trainees who want to put on mass but not the bodyfat?

Kiyoshi Moody
02-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Kiyoshi.. You train clients and some of those trainees would have a slower metabolism (like myself).. What do you recommend offseason diet wise for these trainees who want to put on mass but not the bodyfat?

Actually I do have a couple of competitors that are like that. First we would increase the meals. It would be high protein making sure to take a fiber supplement because of the high amount of protein . Add in good complex carbs meaning white rice, white potatoes, good fats fish oils peanut butter. Making sure you do cardio in the offseason. The biggest misconception is not to cardio in the offseason because you dont want to lose size or weight. Actually it will help you gain weight. Low intensity cardio is the best.

Method
02-22-2009, 02:04 PM
The biggest misconception is not to cardio in the offseason because you dont want to lose size or weight. Actually it will help you gain weight. Low intensity cardio is the best.
:rolleyes:
I respect you man but i would like to see some solid evidence of how cardio helps somone gain weight.

Kiyoshi Moody
02-23-2009, 12:39 PM
:rolleyes:
I respect you man but i would like to see some solid evidence of how cardio helps somone gain weight.

There's things published everywhere about the benefits of cardio to help with muscle gain. Here is a link check it out.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/45723/bodybuilding/how_to_build_muscle_with_cardio.html

debbiebramwell
02-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I wanted to stop by and say hi on your thread!:Dwill you be at the arnold? what are your plans this year? who were some of your inspirations when you first started lifting? wishing you the best this year!;)

AlonePowers
02-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Great to see ya on this site. You and Jeff make the Team U exciting to watch. You West Coast Boys always bring it to NYC!

Steve56
02-24-2009, 10:51 AM
You're a true natural freak bro...i think you should do the Team U because this is your year!

Kiyoshi Moody
02-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I wanted to stop by and say hi on your thread!:Dwill you be at the arnold? what are your plans this year? who were some of your inspirations when you first started lifting? wishing you the best this year!;)

Ms. Debbie!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!! Girl everytime I see you at an event I'm always in awe of you!!! Unfortunately I wont be at the arnold. It will be vacation time for before I start dieting.

Plans - My 1st shot at the USA's then back at the Team Universe.

When I first started competing my inspirations were Shawn Ray, Ron Coleman not (Ronnie coleman aka big nasty), Chris Faildo. On the female side Cory everson and ssshhhhh you Debbie and you still are for your tenacity and perserverence to never quit.

Stay focused on whats ahead girl!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
02-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Good to have you here Kiyoshi.

Hey Big Mike, Very glad to be over here. I can see alot of people are making there way over here!!!:)

Kiyoshi Moody
02-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Great to see ya on this site. You and Jeff make the Team U exciting to watch. You West Coast Boys always bring it to NYC!

Hey AlonePowers - It's good to be hear. So far everything is all positive for a change and alot of people are making there way over and the mods on this site are doing a great job at keeping things under control so we can all learn from one another. I love to learn what others think and do. I'm glad we make it exciting at the Team Universe. I love coming out there every year. We coming again this year be ready. I think it will be even better as far competition wise. Thank you very much

Kiyoshi Moody
02-24-2009, 02:03 PM
You're a true natural freak bro...i think you should do the Team U because this is your year!

Thank you very much steve56, The way it's shaping up I will be at the Team Universe.

Koubs
02-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey Kiyoshi, you said you're trying the keto diet this time... what general guidelines have you followed when you dieted in the past?? I know you've tried several different strategies, but what did you like BEST or what did you do most recently??

Also, why have you decided to use the keto diet at this point?? I mean, you seem to have experienced much success (you look FANTASTIC!) in the past with whatever you were doing before, why change now?? Best of luck to you bro!!

toddbz
02-24-2009, 04:49 PM

Ha! Yeah I've got one of the back of my neck...and I sure don't shoot GH into my neck.
That's like Silent Rage stuff right there ;)

Hope the diet goes well for you.
Don't you normally gain weight while prepping? Interested to see what happens with you on keto. Say goodbye to those 1000g protein days

Kiyoshi Moody
02-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Hey Kiyoshi, you said you're trying the keto diet this time... what general guidelines have you followed when you dieted in the past?? I know you've tried several different strategies, but what did you like BEST or what did you do most recently??

Also, why have you decided to use the keto diet at this point?? I mean, you seem to have experienced much success (you look FANTASTIC!) in the past with whatever you were doing before, why change now?? Best of luck to you bro!!

The last protocol I followed was when I first started competing back in 98. Which was a low carb, high protein, minimal fat. In doing this, getting ready for the Team Universe I felt that I was to carb depleted, Conditioning wise I was good to go, but as far as fullness it just wasnt there. I couldnt get a pump worth a damn. You have to remember every year will be different because you body changes from year to year.

Keto Diet? Why not ? Sometimes to get better you have to make changes that are necessary. I believe this diet might put me over the top. You have to believe in the person that is going to help and believe in the diet and stick with it. Besides I want to come in just shredded.

Kiyoshi Moody
02-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Ha! Yeah I've got one of the back of my neck...and I sure don't shoot GH into my neck.
That's like Silent Rage stuff right there ;)

Hope the diet goes well for you.
Don't you normally gain weight while prepping? Interested to see what happens with you on keto. Say goodbye to those 1000g protein days

Your right I usually diet up for the show but as the years go on and I get older my weight is actually staying up also, with two years in a row losing by one point at the Team Universe. I'm going to keep up the weight meaning have to eat more often like I do during the season while having some junk food mixed in between. I'm pretty excited about the keto diet. My girlfriend is on it and lost 12 pounds during the time so I cant wait.

JVALDEZ
02-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Madd props to you bro!! its been a while since the san diego! Thanks for the thread,and one last thing,where do do get those japanese sweet potatoes???:D

Kiyoshi Moody
02-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Madd props to you bro!! its been a while since the san diego! Thanks for the thread,and one last thing,where do do get those japanese sweet potatoes???:D

What up Joe, How you been bro?Glad you could make it over to this forum!!!! I heard you were doing the arnold amateur this year again?

Japanese sweet potatoes. ssssshhhhhhh. thats my secret weapon.!!!!!lol

You can get them at a japanese or asian food market. Being out here in san diego there are alot of them.

Are you doing the san diego too or just the arnold?

Jake DeMichele
02-27-2009, 11:14 PM
What up Joe, How you been bro?Glad you could make it over to this forum!!!! I heard you were doing the arnold amateur this year again?

You can get them at a japanese or asian food market. Being out here in san diego there are alot of them.

Speaking of San Diego how is it out there? I'm thinking of moving there from New York. Just wanted to say I'm a fan from when you had your thread on t-nation.com, good luck with prep.

Kiyoshi Moody
02-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Speaking of San Diego how is it out there? I'm thinking of moving there from New York. Just wanted to say I'm a fan from when you had your thread on t-nation.com, good luck with prep.

Hey Jake,

I love southern cali. I have lived in the midwest, east coast and the south and I can tell you every where you go is going to be different but you just cant beat the weather. Believe it or not I like New York because of the people. Everyone says New Yorkers are rude. I found the opposite, very helpful and polite the midwest well let's just say they keep it themselves especially the real midwest, NE, SD, Co etc. The south you have to deal with them damn hurricanes, Earthquakes out here are very rare. It dosnt happen. When you move out here you can stay fit year around and there is alot to do.

Hey bro Thanks for stopping by

davidyes
02-28-2009, 12:48 AM
Hey Kiyoshi,

What do you eat (both healthy foods and junk foods) while traveling to Japan?

JVALDEZ
03-01-2009, 05:11 PM

I'm not doing either bro,i plan on doing the Arizona and the USA'S. Speaking of the USA'S your doing them to If i read correctly.....hmmmm can you say reunion bro!!!!!

Blakryno
03-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey Kyoshi, I have the worst time getting rid of water especially around the abs. I damn near hadda swallow a whole bottle of expel to get all of that water out before the 08 Eastern USA'S.

I've tried dandelion root, parsley and expel. What else would u suggest?

Thanks for any advice u can give, it's MUCH appreciated!

Shulk
03-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Kiyoshi, do you take creatine during your precontest phase all the way up to the show, or do you take it out at any point?

Shulk
03-06-2009, 08:50 PM
Kiyoshi, do you lift heavy all the way up until the day of the show?

Kiyoshi Moody
03-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm not doing either bro,i plan on doing the Arizona and the USA'S. Speaking of the USA'S your doing them to If i read correctly.....hmmmm can you say reunion bro!!!!!

Yes i will be in the USA's!!!! 1st time. Looking to place in the top 5. We will see what happens!!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
03-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey Kyoshi, I have the worst time getting rid of water especially around the abs. I damn near hadda swallow a whole bottle of expel to get all of that water out before the 08 Eastern USA'S.

I've tried dandelion root, parsley and expel. What else would u suggest?

Thanks for any advice u can give, it's MUCH appreciated!

Question for you, How much water do you drink prior, meaning weeks leading up too a show?

Kiyoshi Moody
03-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Kiyoshi, do you lift heavy all the way up until the day of the show?

Hey Shulk, I wish I could lift heavy all the way up to the show, i try to stay heavy as possible as to retain as much muscle as I can, unfortunately I cant. My carbs are low, become very tired, so it is hard to lift heavy. 100# dumbbells feel like there 200#. But like I said I try to stay heavy as possible with alot of volume.

You gotta remember to leave your ego at the door when preparing for a show. Cause people will look at you and say damn didnt you lift heavier a couple weeks or months ago? Sometimes they have no clue whats going on.

Mr. Hyde
03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
What do you think about higher training frequency?

Kiyoshi Moody
03-13-2009, 03:09 PM
What do you think about higher training frequency?

Mr Hyde can you elaborate a little more please?

Shulk
03-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Kiyoshi, do you train more frequently precontest with less rest days or do you keep your training schedule the same as offseason?

Mr. Hyde
03-13-2009, 09:17 PM
I mean hitting every muscle 2x a week. Layne Norton (natural pro) swears by this. I was wondering what you thought about it

Blakryno
03-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Question for you, How much water do you drink prior, meaning weeks leading up too a show?

I taper the water down from 32 oz 3 days out 24oz 2 days out and 16 oz up to 12hrs b4 showtime where I stop taking water.

I also believe that maybe dieting from 15weeks out instead of 12 would be a little more beneficial in getting the extra water out. Gonna try that along with anything u may pass along for my next show.

Thanx for the advice.

Kiyoshi Moody
03-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Kiyoshi, do you train more frequently precontest with less rest days or do you keep your training schedule the same as offseason?

As I get closer to competiton date I do train more frequently. Something like this,

mon- quads/tris
tues-shoulders/hams
wed-back/bis
thurs-chest/tris
fri-quads/shoulders
sat-back/hams
sun-rest

cardio is done everyday very low intensity.

Abs every other day along with calves

Kiyoshi Moody
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
I mean hitting every muscle 2x a week. Layne Norton (natural pro) swears by this. I was wondering what you thought about it

The only time I will hit a muscle 2x a week would be right before a show. Your body needs time to rest and recuperate especially if your a natural athlete. Myself and Layne have two different opinions on many things.

Kiyoshi Moody
03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I taper the water down from 32 oz 3 days out 24oz 2 days out and 16 oz up to 12hrs b4 showtime where I stop taking water.

I also believe that maybe dieting from 15weeks out instead of 12 would be a little more beneficial in getting the extra water out. Gonna try that along with anything u may pass along for my next show.

Thanx for the advice.

Everyone has different opinions on water intake. ex. Jeff rod, drinks water all the way up to the show that works for him, myself I cut water as I get closed to a show. But the days leading up to a show I'm pounding water. The key to water manipulation is to have all key factors involved and have it planned out right, ur carbs, sodium and water.

Here is my 7 to 10 day precontest

Here you go my 7 to 10 day precontest prep.

Some people want to know how I get dry, tight, and look full the last 7 to 10 days.

Assuming competition is on Saturday
Day 10,9,8 - Protein intake is 400grams consisting of chicken and fish in the PM and eggwhites in the AM. Carb's are around 200 grams. Do I completly cut my carbs as I get closer to the show? Never cut the carbs, it slows down the fat burning process. Also some people card deplete so much to where they can't put enough carbs in there system in time for the show so there muscle bellies won't look full. Carbs consists of oatmeal and brown rice in the early am and before noon sweet potato. No carbs after noon. Except Asparagus to drop the subcutaneuos water
Training is 30 to 45 minutes. Rep range is anywhere from 25 to 50 per set. Alot of tri and quad sets. Meaning 3 to 4 exercises right after another. I am trying to burn up the most glycogen I can. As I start my carb depletion.
Cardio is no longer done.
Posing is 30 minutes in the AM, 30 minutes in the PM and in between every set.
Water consumption is 1 gallon for the day
Tanning is done twice per day for 20 minutes. This also helps drop the subcutaneous water.
Day 7 - Protein intake is at 450 grams consisting of only egg whites (lana's egg whites) in the Am and Fish in the PM (talipia or orange roughy). Carbs are at 150, consisting of oatmeal and sweet potato and asparagus again only. The reason I still use oatmeal because the amount of protein consumed it keeps me regular.
Training is still 30 to 45 minutes. Rep range is now anywhere from 50 to 75 per set. The same alot of tri and quad set sets
Sodium load - salt everything I eat.
No cardio
Posing is still 30 minutes both am,pm.
Water consumption is up to 1 gallon and half
Tanning is still the same twice per day
Day 6 - Protein intake remains the same. Carbs remain the same. Posing remains the same.
Water is now 2 gallons for the day. Tanning is the same. Training is the same
Sodium load - salt everything I eat
Day 4 and 5 - Protein intake remains the same. Carbs are now 100 grams. Oatmeal and sweet potato in the AM, no carbs after noon.
Training remains the same. Posing remains the same. Tanning remains the same. Water consumption is 1/2 gallon, as i began the faze to drop my water.
2 coats of protan on days 4 and 5, am and pm
Sodium load - salt everything I eat.
Day 3 - The fun part begins. Carbing up. Protein intake drops to 200 grams and carb intake goes up to 500 grams starting at 5am til 2 pm after 2 pm no complex carbs just asparagus to keep dropping subcutaneous water. Carbs consists of very dry oatmeal. Sweet potato. Japanese white rice.
No training on these days. Just posing this remains the same.
Water consumption is 16oz for the entire day.
Tanning is once per day to still keep dropping the subcutaneous water.
Protan is twice per day in the am and pm.
Day 2 - Protein intake is 200 grams and carb intake goes up to 700 to 900 grams mainly of very dry oatmeal and japanese white rice dry. no more asparagus. Carbs are consumed slowly all day long.
No training, No water, No tanning, Posing remains the same. Relax.
Protan - 2 more coats in the am and pm
Day of show - up at 4am - start carbing up again dry pancakes with no syrup and dry oatmeal only jelly used on oatmeal and pancakes. no need for protein. after breakfast carb up with sweet potato.
6oz of water is consumed with nanox9 brings out the pump and vascularity 1 hour before stepping on stage.
1st coat of Jan Tana in the early Am. Then 30 minutes before i go on another coat of jan tana and a light oil sheen.
And thats all she wrote

Mind you this year it will change, I will be trying working with either dave or hany, not sure yet but most likely dave

BigCanuck
03-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Just wanted to take the time to Thank You for the great posts Kiyoshi.I hope this year is a great one for you.

thepump
03-20-2009, 06:43 AM
keep up the great work

Blakryno
03-22-2009, 07:46 PM
That was incredibly helpful. No wonder u always come in looking super right and tight. Very my much appreciated champ!

Kiyoshi Moody
03-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Just wanted to take the time to Thank You for the great posts Kiyoshi.I hope this year is a great one for you.

Thank you very much, Anything you have to ask you you can come up with let me know. Thank you for taking the time to stop by. Very much appreciated!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
03-27-2009, 11:25 AM
keep up the great work

Thank you very much. Keep training hard!!!!:beerbang:

Kiyoshi Moody
03-27-2009, 11:27 AM
That was incredibly helpful. No wonder u always come in looking super right and tight. Very my much appreciated champ!

Thank you very much Blakryno, but please just remember everyone is different. Just because it works for me it might not work for you. that goes out to everyone. The only way you are going to know is if you try it. Trial and error. Also each year will be different.

Kiyoshi Moody
03-27-2009, 11:49 AM
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CukupyI7yY4

Kiyoshi Moody
03-27-2009, 11:58 AM
2008 NPC Team Universe

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dbKaFITf0k

dajossel
04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Kiyoshi,

I am 20 years old weighing in at 175 as of now. I am about 6.5 weeks out from a show. I have been hearing very contradicting theories considering dieting for a natty male. What type of diet do you recommend? If you do not advocate for keto, what should my post workout look like?
Thanks

Kiyoshi Moody
04-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Kiyoshi,

I am 20 years old weighing in at 175 as of now. I am about 6.5 weeks out from a show. I have been hearing very contradicting theories considering dieting for a natty male. What type of diet do you recommend? If you do not advocate for keto, what should my post workout look like?
Thanks

Before I get to much into it. let me see some pics and what your prtocol is for diet and training as of right now

dajossel
04-18-2009, 03:24 PM
I will try get some pictures tonight. Is there an email adress I can send them too, i dont know how to PM on this site. In terms of my diet I am eating 6-7 meals a day. for about 4 of the meals i have 40g of protein and 40g of carbs with 15g fat. For the other two (which are my last two meals for the day) i go about 20-30g of protein and 15g of fat. My protein comes from chicken, whey isolate shakes, and cottage cheese (only before bed). My carbs come from Brown rice and sweet potatoes. My fats come from almonds, walnuts and natty PB. I hope that helps you get a better idea.

AVBG
04-20-2009, 10:00 PM
How's your prep going going K?

Kiyoshi Moody
04-22-2009, 05:52 PM
I will try get some pictures tonight. Is there an email adress I can send them too, i dont know how to PM on this site. In terms of my diet I am eating 6-7 meals a day. for about 4 of the meals i have 40g of protein and 40g of carbs with 15g fat. For the other two (which are my last two meals for the day) i go about 20-30g of protein and 15g of fat. My protein comes from chicken, whey isolate shakes, and cottage cheese (only before bed). My carbs come from Brown rice and sweet potatoes. My fats come from almonds, walnuts and natty PB. I hope that helps you get a better idea.

[email protected]

Kiyoshi Moody
05-04-2009, 04:19 PM
2008 Team Universe

Kiyoshi Moody
05-13-2009, 04:59 PM
kiyoshimoody.blogspot.com

Newly updated

davidyes
05-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Kiyoshi,
Your looking great in the pictures. Just curious: I thought that you were working with Dave for the contest, but it seems otherwise from the looks of your diet outline. Are you prepping by yourself?

Kiyoshi Moody
05-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Kiyoshi,
Your looking great in the pictures. Just curious: I thought that you were working with Dave for the contest, but it seems otherwise from the looks of your diet outline. Are you prepping by yourself?

Thank you!!! For the USA's I will be going solo undecided about the Team Universe still between Hany and Dave. Even if I dont go with dave dosnt mean I still wont be using species isolyze!!! Best protein in my opinion out right now!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
05-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Decided to change up my diet in prep for the USA, updated also with training split

http://kiyoshimoody.blogspot.com/ (http://kiyoshimoody.blogspot.com/)

Kiyoshi Moody
06-24-2009, 02:31 AM
Just a little something 4 1/2 weeks from the USA's and 13weeks from the Team Universe

davidyes
06-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Looking good, Kiyoshi!

Kiyoshi Moody
06-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Looking good, Kiyoshi!

thanks bro!!!!!! 4 1/2 weeks left!!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
06-24-2009, 04:01 PM
2 more pics!!!

jrod
06-24-2009, 10:14 PM
Looking good, Kiyoshi!

AVBG
06-24-2009, 11:18 PM
wow. great work!

apex23
06-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Kyoishi,

Do you use glutamine peptide or do you use standard glutamine? I would like to take my glutamine with food, but I understand regular glutamine will not be absorbed.

Thanks

Viking
06-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Those last 2 pics look sick Kiyoshi!!

nutratroy
07-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Just a little something 4 1/2 weeks from the USA's and 13weeks from the Team Universe

Kiyoshi, man, you look great for the USA's. I will be there rooting you 4 u. Dayum impressive brother

Kiyoshi Moody
07-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Still right at 200 to 202. Bodyfat keeps dropping so that a good thing!!!! Last things to always come in are my legs!!!

jrod
07-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Wow, you made some good improvements in conditioning since those last pictures above (from last red trunks pics to these in blue); nice job!

Hope you do some damage at the USA's, just over a week to go, good luck!

Kiyoshi Moody
07-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Wow, you made some good improvements in conditioning since those last pictures above (from last red trunks pics to these in blue); nice job!

Hope you do some damage at the USA's, just over a week to go, good luck!

I'm ready bro!!! Locked and loaded and ready to set things off!!!!!

will-work4andro
07-22-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm ready bro!!! Locked and loaded and ready to set things off!!!!!

look like you're ready for battle...nice work

Kiyoshi Moody
07-31-2009, 02:46 AM
Things didnt turn out as I had hoped for at the USA, but I'm very pleased where I placed and how I did. With 7 weeks remaining for the Team Universe the only thing that is on my mind is bringing the most conditioned package to the stage that I have ever brought. I just hired Dave Palumbo to oversee my diet for the remainder of the 7 weeks til the Team Universe. I will be out in New York early this time actually I will be out there monday morning to get acclimated and get some training in at bev francis's gym. This trip is all about business.!!!! Let's get it started!!!!

davidyes
07-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Hell yeah, Kiyoshi! Best of luck and keep us updated with photos!

Kiyoshi Moody
08-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Hell yeah, Kiyoshi! Best of luck and keep us updated with photos!

Thanks bro!!! I will consult with Dave every week and try to let everyone know where i stand!!!

7_Deadly_Sins
08-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Kiyoshi,

What does your personal cardio schd look like in the off season? Which do you prefer HIT, morning cardio, high intensity cardio.

Also, are are your best say 12 rep movements on squat, DL, Military press, bench..the major lifts.

Kiyoshi Moody
08-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Kiyoshi,

What does your personal cardio schd look like in the off season? Which do you prefer HIT, morning cardio, high intensity cardio.

Also, are are your best say 12 rep movements on squat, DL, Military press, bench..the major lifts.

My cardio in the offseason consists of nothing!!!! dont do any cardio in the offseason. As for contest prep i tried something different for the USA's. I did 2 cardio sessions. In the past I've done low intensity cardio first thing in the morning. Low intensity is treadmill - speed 2.0 to 2.5 at an incline of 10 to 15 degrees, Stairmill - fat burner, level 3.

As far as my best lifts, DL - 405 for 12reps, BP dont do them, honestly i couldnt tell you as far as my lifts go it varies all the time. I never lift for strength.

AVBG
08-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Good news, working with Dave again!

Kiyoshi Moody
08-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Good news, working with Dave again!

I hooked up with Dave and I'm putting my complete trust in him for my last 7weeks. I'm still with Muscletech though!!! I debated who I should go with with either Dave or Hany. After the USA's Dave left a very good impression on me. During weighins he came up to me and said I looked good and good luck. He didnt have to do that, something that small meant alot!!! The way I see how honest he is especially if u look like shyt or look good, things u need to work on etc. He will tell you!! So make sure you can take constructive criticism, it will only help you. The way he dials his comeptitors in they come in shredded!!!! Look at guy cisterino!!!! He came shredded at the nationals. So here we go!!!!

godstrength
08-04-2009, 02:13 PM
I hooked up with Dave and I'm putting my complete trust in him for my last 7weeks. I'm still with Muscletech though!!! I debated who I should go with with either Dave or Hany. After the USA's Dave left a very good impression on me. During weighins he came up to me and said I looked good and good luck. He didnt have to do that, something that small meant alot!!! The way I see how honest he is especially if u look like shyt or look good, things u need to work on etc. He will tell you!! So make sure you can take constructive criticism, it will only help you. The way he dials his comeptitors in they come in shredded!!!! Look at guy cisterino!!!! He came shredded at the nationals. So here we go!!!!

Awesome thread.

Working with Dave. Are you doing Dave's cut diet...keto type?

Thx

AVBG
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM

It's going to be a great end result Kiyoshi, it sounds like you have your head in the right place.:beerbang:

Kiyoshi Moody
08-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Awesome thread.

Working with Dave. Are you doing Dave's cut diet...keto type?

Thx

Hey Godstrength,

U got it its keto!!!! Coming off the USA's I took a week off just to let my body relax. I just started his diet on monday. It's completly different than what Im use too. He has me on 6 meals per day. Im use to 10 to 12. So this is a big change. So far my body is responding good and Im focused!!!! Diet, cardio and training are all doing good!!!! I believe this years Team Universe will be one of the best yet in terms of quality. I know Jeff Rod will make light heavies mo matter what he says he will be a light heavy this year!!!, wendall floyd, miguel Niel, robert moore and many others so lets get ready to do battle. Im crossing my T's amd dotting the i's can leave nothing out. gotta bring the best package I have ever brought!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
08-05-2009, 01:21 AM
It's going to be a great end result Kiyoshi, it sounds like you have your head in the right place.:beerbang:

It's going good so far, Today I stepped on the scale at 208, down 2lbs from yesterday. my body responds pretty quick. In Dave I trust!!!!

nutratroy
08-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Kiyoshi: I seen you in PJ. Bro...it is what it was. I disagreed with ur call outs as most did around me, but you was nails. I was highly impressed!

davidyes
08-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Kiyoshi,
What are yours and Dave's goal for your physique? What improvements do you want to see at the Team Universe compared to your showing at the USAs?

Kiyoshi Moody
08-05-2009, 02:00 AM
Kiyoshi,
What are yours and Dave's goal for your physique? What improvements do you want to see at the Team Universe compared to your showing at the USAs?

To come in shredded to the bone!!!! I did 2 cardio sessions for the usa's thats it, now im doing 45min per day as of right now and on the keto diet!!! Trying to bring the best package possible to new york, gonna get out there extra early to let my body adjust to the humidity and time change and the travel etc...

Kiyoshi Moody
08-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Kiyoshi: I seen you in PJ. Bro...it is what it was. I disagreed with ur call outs as most did around me, but you was nails. I was highly impressed!

Thanks troy!!! I know how it is!!!It dosnt bother me much. I was happy just to be up there. When I first started competing back in 98, i did 2 npc shows at that time i didnt know the difference between organizations etc. I won the tournanment of champions novice overall and then the following week did border states but didnt qualify. I didn qualify til 2007, still then i didnt think i was ready to step on the USA stage. To me it's an honor and privilege to step on the stage. som people just get up there when there not ready to be on a national stage. I was happy to place 13 out of 31. That was a good memory and the people i got to meet backstage was even better!!!! But I have to come 10times better for the Team Universe. Once again thank you bro!!!!

AVBG
08-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Thanks troy!!! I know how it is!!!It dosnt bother me much. I was happy just to be up there. When I first started competing back in 98, i did 2 npc shows at that time i didnt know the difference between organizations etc. I won the tournanment of champions novice overall and then the following week did border states but didnt qualify. I didn qualify til 2007, still then i didnt think i was ready to step on the USA stage. To me it's an honor and privilege to step on the stage. som people just get up there when there not ready to be on a national stage. I was happy to place 13 out of 31. That was a good memory and the people i got to meet backstage was even better!!!! But I have to come 10times better for the Team Universe. Once again thank you bro!!!!

I't might sound strange but I think for you the USA recently is great prep for the TU in terms of getting the "ring rust" out. You know what you need now to bring to NY!

Kiyoshi Moody
08-05-2009, 01:36 PM
I't might sound strange but I think for you the USA recently is great prep for the TU in terms of getting the "ring rust" out. You know what you need now to bring to NY!

You are right AVBG, Especially the rebound affect after dieting. I took a week off from training and dieting making sure the whole week that I put in adequate amount of protein and sufficient amounts of glutamine into my diet before I start training again. So I feel great joints, muscles etc!!!! Now its back to work for the last 6 1/2 weeks.

godstrength
08-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Hey Godstrength,

U got it its keto!!!! Coming off the USA's I took a week off just to let my body relax. I just started his diet on monday. It's completly different than what Im use too. He has me on 6 meals per day. Im use to 10 to 12. So this is a big change. So far my body is responding good and Im focused!!!! Diet, cardio and training are all doing good!!!! I believe this years Team Universe will be one of the best yet in terms of quality. I know Jeff Rod will make light heavies mo matter what he says he will be a light heavy this year!!!, wendall floyd, miguel Niel, robert moore and many others so lets get ready to do battle. Im crossing my T's amd dotting the i's can leave nothing out. gotta bring the best package I have ever brought!!!!

Ha, that is a switch. IMO Dave's plan is an excellent approach. I started it Monday as well. Im not competing, but just want to lean out some.

I am looking forward to your results. Keep us posted.

MusclesMarinara
08-06-2009, 05:44 PM
You mentioned in another thread of mine to get a good NO supplement... what would you recommend?

Kiyoshi Moody
08-07-2009, 09:18 AM
You mentioned in another thread of mine to get a good NO supplement... what would you recommend?

Personally I use Nanox9 and stack that with Myoshock. Ive used Nano X9 since it has come out, You can also use other NO products out on the market. Ive tried plasmajet, nitrix, dark rage, no explode, nano vapor etc. But I always come back to nano x9 and now I stack that with myoshock. The best bro is trial and error:yep:

demers_ma
08-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Great job at the USAs and looking forward to the TU. Interested to see how the complete change in contest prep diet works for you as this will be another testament to Dave's diet for a top natural competitor. Your eating style has changed (and number of meals per day) plus cardio. I also went this route for my last natural show based on the gudance from a top natural competitor who made the leap and never looked back.

This will also be a good chance to do a before and after snapshot for things like meals per day, cardio per day, calories and macros with end results.

Keep up posted!

Kiyoshi Moody
08-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Great job at the USAs and looking forward to the TU. Interested to see how the complete change in contest prep diet works for you as this will be another testament to Dave's diet for a top natural competitor. Your eating style has changed (and number of meals per day) plus cardio. I also went this route for my last natural show based on the gudance from a top natural competitor who made the leap and never looked back.

This will also be a good chance to do a before and after snapshot for things like meals per day, cardio per day, calories and macros with end results.

Keep up posted!

Thanks bro!!!! I had a great experience in Vegas at the USA's, very good learning experience!!! Just remember you can always learn something from anyone!!!

Well so far I've made it past my first week of dieting for the Team Universe!!! Wow what a week it was. Most likely this will be my last post. My time is very limited and every moment is accounted for. My first week I can tell you I'm leaner right around the shape I was for the USA's but my weight has increased. Right now I'm sitting at 211 and getting leaner. Is that right? Could I finally step up to the heavies. The difference between what I've done in the past and now is before I was on high protein low carbs and very minimal fat. Now High protein High fat, and my body is responding like it has never before. Now I know people will start to say, hahaha, its the gh and cycles of whatever people will accuse me of. WHATEVER!!!Everyone will respond differently. I've read peoples threads about this diet and everyone will get different results!!!! Will I come down in weight? Will I be a light heavy or heavy? Who knows!!!! Before the USA's I did 2 cardio sessions of 30min. Now I'm doing 45min per day. The glutes are coming in quick striations ? yes but I want more. Everyone that reads this thread you will only know by trial and error. If your in your 20's be patient, learn your body what works for you as far as food, diets, training, supps,cardio etc.... Your body will change from year to year. So something that you did and dieted for one year might be completly different the next year!!! Learn to adjust!!!! But be patient!!! Good Luck to everyone that will be competing in the Team Universe!!! in 40 days, starting monday!!!!
:byeb::lift2:

Philip Ricardo
08-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Nice post Kyoshi! You are 100% right and I know you will bring at the U, and to me bro you have the freakiest, and one of the greatest physiques in Natural (Yes, everyone, NATURAL) Bodybuilding, period. RESPECT!

rdtrantham
08-26-2009, 10:57 PM
whats up kiyoshi!!

got a question, i like yourself tend to do a high protein and low fat diet, this year my fat has been around 16% of my diet ,which is up from recent years where i usually only did about 10%. i also weigh around 203 and i am pretty lean ,glutes if i was too guess will be in about 2 weeks at the rate i am going. i see you increased your fat intake, i my self would like to try it but i just am scared of the unknow!!!! i would like to get it upi around 25-30%, whats your take.

AVBG
08-29-2009, 03:07 AM
Where are the latest pics Kyoshi? I got some $ wagered for a win!

Kiyoshi Moody
08-31-2009, 05:20 PM
We are now in the teens as in 19 days before the Team Universe. I am so excited right now everything is going good. My weight is steady at 205, Will I be a lightheavy? YES!!!! Right at 198 1/4. My package is already better than the last 2 years and ten times better than the USA's. Dave just asked me to do a Iron Asylum vid, so i'm in the process of taping now. I know for awhile I was getting worried because my weight wasnt going down. but dave said not to worry!!!! Keep getting leaner!!!!!Am I suffering? hell yes!! everyday!!!! If your not suffering at this point your doing something wrong!!!!!!:yep:

Kiyoshi Moody
08-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Where are the latest pics Kyoshi? I got some $ wagered for a win!

Trust me I'm coming corrrect!!!!! Glutes are in!!!!!!!:yep:

Kiyoshi Moody
08-31-2009, 05:34 PM
whats up kiyoshi!!

got a question, i like yourself tend to do a high protein and low fat diet, this year my fat has been around 16% of my diet ,which is up from recent years where i usually only did about 10%. i also weigh around 203 and i am pretty lean ,glutes if i was too guess will be in about 2 weeks at the rate i am going. i see you increased your fat intake, i my self would like to try it but i just am scared of the unknow!!!! i would like to get it upi around 25-30%, whats your take.

What I have been doing different than previous years is this year for the Team Universe I hired Dave. So far it has made a world of difference,He explained some things that was happening to my body that i didnt understand. I was growing and getting bigger while going protein and fats and cutting carbs. opposed to high protein low carbs and low fats which was my norm!!! Now my body has taken on a whole new look.Im staying full and getting leaner. Everyone talks about how they go flat. Damn I'm the opposite everything is jumping off right now!!!!

imo, i would increase your fats slowly little at a time to see how your body reacts. remember dont change to many variables at one time. One thing at a time then you will know if it works.You wont know until you try it.

Kiyoshi Moody
09-03-2009, 06:16 PM
With 15 days left til the Team Universe I have a little down time to give you an update. Just for a minute though. Right now I'm back down to 205. We made some adjustments, basically took out all my carbs, so now I'm 100% keto. I can tell you its rough!!! Dave said " a little pain is good for me" lol, shyt I'm hurting. But I know everyone else is suffering as well. From here it's all a mental game. Every training session, every cardio session, every posing session, all mental. I'm loving it!!!!

Philip Ricardo
09-04-2009, 06:49 PM
With 15 days left til the Team Universe I have a little down time to give you an update. Just for a minute though. Right now I'm back down to 205. We made some adjustments, basically took out all my carbs, so now I'm 100% keto. I can tell you its rough!!! Dave said " a little pain is good for me" lol, shyt I'm hurting. But I know everyone else is suffering as well. From here it's all a mental game. Every training session, every cardio session, every posing session, all mental. I'm loving it!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bro, if you turn IFBB Pro it just shows that determination and perserverance leads to reaching the ultimate goal. Man I pray you take it all!!!
It was good to see Dave Goodin turn Pro as the Masters Overall Champ at the North Americans, so if you join that club I will be stoked!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
09-09-2009, 11:21 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bro, if you turn IFBB Pro it just shows that determination and perserverance leads to reaching the ultimate goal. Man I pray you take it all!!!
It was good to see Dave Goodin turn Pro as the Masters Overall Champ at the North Americans, so if you join that club I will be stoked!!!

We will see!!! You never know you will show up!!! All i can do is bring the best package I can to the stage and let the judges decide if i deserve it. First have to win the class.

I was excited to see Dave get that IFBB pro card!!!!! especially after the last year!!!!!He's the man!!!!!!

Philip Ricardo
09-09-2009, 11:43 PM
We will see!!! You never know you will show up!!! All i can do is bring the best package I can to the stage and let the judges decide if i deserve it. First have to win the class.

I was excited to see Dave get that IFBB pro card!!!!! especially after the last year!!!!!He's the man!!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear you bro. Im a big fan of Dave's and he is a stand up guy that shows you can reach the pinnacle of the sport at any age. Dont know if u post any progress pics...I need to check your website again...its been a minute. Keep doin what your doin, and I will check you out when I get back from Iraq!

davidyes
09-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Kiyoshi,
I read in Jeff's thread that you have been living off of fish. Any reason why you chose fish for this prep?
Thanks!

jrod
09-10-2009, 04:12 PM
As I mentioned, just wanted to stop by your thread and wish you good luck these last few days cause I'm sure its as rough for you as it is for me.

Looking forward to talking with you in NY!

nutratroy
09-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Big-M,
Time to crush it in NY! Break a leg hollywood stylz! :yep:

Philip Ricardo
09-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Good luck to both of you...Kyoshi Ive known you since 1998, and you have been the man that inspired and pushed me to be better. J-Rod you are the new Frank Zane of Natural Bodybuilding...it will be a great show and between the 2 of you an IFBB Pro should be born! I will be watching the ticker for this one...wish they had webcam or something while im out here! Good Luck!!!

--------------------------
Kyoshi...Im rooting for you dawg!!! Make S.D. proud...

Philip Ricardo Jr.

nutratroy
09-15-2009, 12:19 PM
K-Size (I like that nickname...lol):

Good luck brother. I was planning on being there, but my wife accidently kick'd butt this season and has to do the Olympia so she has to saty put here in Cali. Brother- own that mofo like no other!

Maybe we can get Phillip up there next year after you grab a pro card this weekend.

*LOL, wow,always the drugs isn't it?.....Amazing how people think that. I am dying to see this vid...love good vids!!

Break-A-Leg hollywood syle bro

Kiyoshi Moody
09-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Kiyoshi,
I read in Jeff's thread that you have been living off of fish. Any reason why you chose fish for this prep?
Thanks!

The only reason is too get leaner!!!!!! Shredded baby!!!!!!:yep:

AVBG
09-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Best of luck to you Kiyoshi. I've been following your career for a while and I bet you make it to the next level!

Scoobysnacks
09-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Good luck bro. Looking forward to the improvements.

Ss

BLACKBEAST
09-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Just had a look at the video kiyoshi u look in great shape...all the best over the next few days.....

Justice
09-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Good Luck with your up coming show. Do you use any caffeine in your daily diet? If so, what do you like?

adamrochester
09-18-2009, 05:17 AM
good luck bro
wanting to know if you drink any diet soda or any calorie free things ? in pre contest and offseason

fitcorps
09-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Kyoshi,

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND!

MsGuns
09-18-2009, 07:08 AM
ROCK the STAGE, Kyoshi!

MsGuns
09-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Kyoshi!, you looked great, everything was perfect in my eyes. Go get them next time.

Qaash
09-20-2009, 10:20 AM
You looked great last night. Never think otherwise. You were definitely my choice for your class...your posing routine was awesome too.

Diabetic Muscle
09-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Apparently conditioning wasn't a factor or you would have had that class hands down.

AVBG
09-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Kyoshi - Although I lost my $ but got to keep it anyway as the guy I bet with thought also you deserved to win.

tornquad2
09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
#1 how many sets per bodypart #2 how many of those to failure #3 rep range #4 split

Philip Ricardo
09-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Kyoshi - Although I lost my $ but got to keep it anyway as the guy I bet with thought also you deserved to win.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Kyoshi,

You know my feelings, and although Wendell is tough I dont see how that one happened. All I know is that when it does happen for you (and it will) it will be even sweeter because of all you have gone through to get there! You have an IFBB Pro physique, and the judges will get it right next time.

Rico

Bestia
09-21-2009, 06:24 PM
With all due respect to the quality lightheavy competitor that Wendell Floyd is, I felt that Kyoshi was the best physique onstage this weekend. Definitely in the shape of his life with big improvements in what I previously thought was a weakpoint, back. Great progress and best of luck in your future contests. I am assuming that you will be back and out for blood in next year's U.

MsGuns
09-23-2009, 09:10 PM
ROCK the STAGE @ INBA Natural Olympia!

Mrfitness81
09-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Hey Kiyoshi,

Just watched your pre contest back training video. It got me really fired up to train today, thanks!

Its nice to see someone using such good form with thier exercises, I personally believe it leads to a better developed muscle in the long run.

Kiyoshi Moody
09-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Hey Kiyoshi,

Just watched your pre contest back training video. It got me really fired up to train today, thanks!

Its nice to see someone using such good form with thier exercises, I personally believe it leads to a better developed muscle in the long run.

Glad you enjoyed it!!!!

lex
09-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey kiyoshi, (by the way i was at the TU and you looked great i thought u had it.. you'll definetly get yours.)

On Dave's keto diet did u do low or high intensity cardio?
How do feel about TEST Boosters have u ever used them?
What are your favorite supps?
When do u plan to start your offseason? Also how much weight do u usually put on during your offseason?

Kiyoshi Moody
09-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Leg training video 1 week before the 2009 NPC Team Universe

Part 1
YouTube - 1 week out from 2009 Team Universe part 1

Part 2
YouTube - teamuni2 0001

nutratroy
10-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Dude, your legs are insane! Great vids. U going to Border states? No Sac, knee deep in training

nutratroy
10-09-2009, 07:20 PM
ROCK the STAGE @ INBA Natural Olympia!
Dude...blow it up!

AVBG
10-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Leg training video 1 week before the 2009 NPC Team Universe

Part 1
YouTube - 1 week out from 2009 Team Universe part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjuyrTE9A-U)

Part 2
YouTube - teamuni2 0001 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEre-CbXwdc)

you'll be setting the standard in Aus Kiyoshi!

nutratroy
10-09-2009, 08:37 PM
you'll be setting the standard in Aus Kiyoshi!

to say the least! LOL:yep:

AVBG- u going?

AVBG
10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
to say the least! LOL:yep:

AVBG- u going?

I wish Troy.. was..but can't (work comittments). I've extended an invitation to Kyoshi to catch up for a meal if he heads to Sydney (if he does the tourist thing)

nutratroy
10-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I wish Troy.. was..but can't (work comittments). I've extended an invitation to Kyoshi to catch up for a meal if he heads to Sydney (if he does the tourist thing)

Kyoshi...while in TOWN, go throw a shrimp on the barbie!...LOL, always wanted to say that:)

AVBG
10-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Kyoshi...while in TOWN, go throw a shrimp on the barbie!...LOL, always wanted to say that:)

And you got your chance! Life's good down here.. I kick over the "barbie" 3-4 times a week (at least). You and Chrissy ever planning on visiting Aus Troy?

Mick
10-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Yeh troy you HAVE to make the trip at some stage and come on down.. Ill fire up the barbie.. and put the PRAWNS on hehe

Kyoshi cant wait to see you on stage going to be awesome! Hope to somehow catch up

John Hansen
10-10-2009, 02:07 PM
We just did a great interview with Kiyoshi for Natural Bodybuilding Radio.com. It will be online starting Wednesday so check it out: www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com.

AVBG
10-10-2009, 03:37 PM
We just did a great interview with Kiyoshi for Natural Bodybuilding Radio.com. It will be online starting Wednesday so check it out: www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com.

Thanks John... Is it available for download via Itunes?

MsGuns
10-10-2009, 04:34 PM
We just did a great interview with Kiyoshi for Natural Bodybuilding Radio.com. It will be online starting Wednesday so check it out: www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com (http://www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com).

WoW didnt know Natural BB had a radio show..SWEET! Go Natties!

nutratroy
10-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeh troy you HAVE to make the trip at some stage and come on down.. Ill fire up the barbie.. and put the PRAWNS on hehe

Kyoshi cant wait to see you on stage going to be awesome! Hope to somehow catch up

LOL...Only if Kyoshi comes too. It would be an awesome time. I am thinking after the NGA Pro...venturing out to other orgs. TU is looking awful good to me;) 2010

John Hansen
10-11-2009, 01:55 AM
WoW didnt know Natural BB had a radio show..SWEET! Go Natties!

Yeah, spread the word! We need more natural bodybuilders as guests. We will take natural bodybuilders from all federations so email me and we'll schedule an interview with you. My website is www.naturalolympia.com and you can listen to all the archived shows on the website- www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com.

AVBG
10-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah, spread the word! We need more natural bodybuilders as guests. We will take natural bodybuilders from all federations so email me and we'll schedule an interview with you. My website is www.naturalolympia.com and you can listen to all the archived shows on the website- www.naturalbodybuildingradio.com.

I'd like to start a sticky thread on this board for your show. What say you?

John Hansen
10-11-2009, 02:02 AM
I'd like to start a sticky thread on this board for your show. What say you?

Absolutely, that would be awesome! Thanks a lot, I appreciate the offer!!

AVBG
10-11-2009, 02:17 AM
Absolutely, that would be awesome! Thanks a lot, I appreciate the offer!!

I will do it now, I will start it off then you can update the content and I will moderate it so it stays on topic.

John Hansen
10-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Sounds good! Thanks again!!

MsGuns
10-13-2009, 12:48 AM
I hope you made it safely Kiyoshi!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-14-2009, 01:22 AM
I hope you made it safely Kiyoshi!

Made it safely!!!! Got all my food shopping done!!! salmon, chicken, steak, rice, peanut butter and water and im ready baby!!!!looking dry right now which is a good thing especially coming off an 15 hour flight!!!! i will try to upload some pics tomorro.

AVBG
10-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Made it safely!!!! Got all my food shopping done!!! salmon, chicken, steak, rice, peanut butter and water and im ready baby!!!!looking dry right now which is a good thing especially coming off an 15 hour flight!!!! i will try to upload some pics tomorro.

Kiyoshi. How's it going? It's going to be a great day in Brisbane. Keep us posted.. Just got done listening the natural bb radio interview.. Good work.

Kiyoshi Moody
10-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Kiyoshi. How's it going? It's going to be a great day in Brisbane. Keep us posted.. Just got done listening the natural bb radio interview.. Good work.

It's beautiful out here!!! getting ready to do some cardio and go to registration and eat and relax all day!!!!!! unfortunately i cant listen to it cause this computer dosnt have any speakers. so i will try later somewhere else. Hope u enjoyed it!!!

John Hansen
10-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Glad you made it over there safe and sound Kiyoshi! Tell Thomas and Denny and Wayne and Lorenzo I said hi!

Tim Martin
10-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Good luck Kiyoshi. Show them how we do it!

MsGuns
10-14-2009, 09:11 PM

YAY!

15 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WoW

ROCK the STAGE Kiyoshi!!!!

nutratroy
10-14-2009, 09:29 PM
CrUsH It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AVBG
10-15-2009, 01:06 AM
It's beautiful out here!!! getting ready to do some cardio and go to registration and eat and relax all day!!!!!! unfortunately i cant listen to it cause this computer dosnt have any speakers. so i will try later somewhere else. Hope u enjoyed it!!!

Great honest interview K - can't ask for much more!

I spotted some overseas tourist on route to the Olympia in town today.. I spotted their ID lanyards and said hello... That's another thing Kiyoshi - Australian people on the street will say hello - so don't be too surprised that ok? So be sure to say hello back, if you don't they'll call you are wanker.

Kiyoshi Moody
10-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Thank you for the support!!!! Im ready !!!! less than 24 hours!!!

MsGuns
10-16-2009, 07:22 AM
ROCK it! Show them the American Way!

Mick
10-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Good luck today mate! Ill be there watching.. Hopefully get the chance to catch up with you!

NATURAL-1987
10-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Good luck my Rx Brother!

TigerUpperCut
10-17-2009, 12:18 AM
goodluck!

Mick
10-17-2009, 01:18 AM
And the big man just won the pro inba!!

AVBG
10-17-2009, 01:21 AM

I re-titled the thread..

Great news Mick (our man on the scene).. what were the placings?

AVBG
10-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Congrats Kiyoshi!

stugots_
10-17-2009, 01:33 AM
Congrats Kiyoshi!

Mick
10-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Mick Waddington from Australia in 2nd

AVBG
10-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Mick Waddington from Australia in 2nd

woo hoo.

AminoAmigo
10-17-2009, 06:56 AM
congrats on that title :bowdown:

MsGuns
10-17-2009, 08:04 AM
CONGRATS Natural Mr. Olympia!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-17-2009, 09:27 PM
ThanksAVBG, I had the time of my life last night. First competing in the Pro division was no joke we were up onstage going through quarter turns and mandatories for at least a good 30min, I was overwhealmed to be announced the winner and then off to the Amateur division where there were 22 people in class 4 and I won the class and it was a battle for the overall there as well but i managed to pull it off. So i doubled, which was a great feeling!!! The competiton was very tough in the Pro's I take my hats off to these guys. Everyone came ready!!!! I will post a little more of the experience later on in the week. Gotta get ready for the big luncheon they are having!!!!!! Get to eat for one day then back on the diet. Doing the INBA/PNBA Natural Universe Nov17

MsGuns
10-17-2009, 10:05 PM
ThanksAVBG, I had the time of my life last night. First competing in the Pro division was no joke we were up onstage going through quarter turns and mandatories for at least a good 30min, I was overwhealmed to be announced the winner and then off to the Amateur division where there were 22 people in class 4 and I won the class and it was a battle for the overall there as well but i managed to pull it off. So i doubled, which was a great feeling!!! The competiton was very tough in the Pro's I take my hats off to these guys. Everyone came ready!!!! I will post a little more of the experience later on in the week. Gotta get ready for the big luncheon they are having!!!!!! Get to eat for one day then back on the diet. Doing the INBA/PNBA Natural Universe Nov17

WoW...
Kiyoshi can you PM me who I need to contact, I wanna go next yr.

NATURAL-1987
10-17-2009, 11:42 PM
I never competed in the INBA so I may be asking something that everyone else already knows the answer to. But how did you compete in the amateur and pro divisions? If you compete as a pro how do you get to go back down as an amatuer?

MsGuns
10-17-2009, 11:46 PM
I never competed in the INBA so I may be asking something that everyone else already knows the answer to. But how did you compete in the amateur and pro divisions? If you compete as a pro how do you get to go back down as an amatuer?

I was wondering the same thing but didnt want to ask...glad you did...smile

Kiyoshi Moody
10-18-2009, 04:20 AM
ok, I thought it was wierd when they first told me about the lineup, but since i have competed as a pro before but never have accepted the money i could still compete as a pro and an amateur. After winning the amateur later that night now i can receive the monies from the pro division. In order to recieve the money i would have to win the amateur as well in the evening!!! If that made sense!!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-18-2009, 04:22 AM
I was wondering the same thing but didnt want to ask...glad you did...smile

Ms Guns anytime you have a question ask!!!!! ;) any question u can think of or have I will be more than happy to answer it and u will always get a truthful and honest answer from me!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-18-2009, 04:24 AM
WoW...
Kiyoshi can you PM me who I need to contact, I wanna go next yr.

It was announced today next year the Natural Olympia will be in Reno, Nevada. Just to let you know how many competitiors there were - over 350 competitiors!!!!! I sure will!!!!

AVBG
10-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Want pics?

tiramisu
10-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Winning both the pro division and the amateur division in the same show has got to be the stinkiest thing I've seen in a long time. Congratulations on your win but INBA needs to fix their rule book. Some amateurs got screwed this round.

AVBG
10-18-2009, 06:01 AM
Winning both the pro division and the amateur division in the same show has got to be the stinkiest thing I've seen in a long time. Congratulations on your win but INBA needs to fix their rule book. Some amateurs got screwed this round.

The rules are what they are. If anyone's got an issue with the rules? Please take it up with the federation... let's keep the congratulations going.

stugots_
10-18-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the pics AVBG

Tan Man
10-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Kiyoshi, congratulations on the win, you were there to win & you did your job well.
Nice to have a quick chat with you during the show.
I am writing an article about the show for an aussie mag.
TM

Doug
10-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Congrats! Kiyoshi - Why not try the IFPA Yorton cup on Nov. 14th! Should be an awesome show!

AminoAmigo
10-18-2009, 08:57 AM
this back shot looks unreal :bowdown: i want to see more "in the iron asylum" with kiyoshi ... he's a true motivation.

MsGuns
10-18-2009, 10:01 AM
ok, I thought it was wierd when they first told me about the lineup, but since i have competed as a pro before but never have accepted the money i could still compete as a pro and an amateur. After winning the amateur later that night now i can receive the monies from the pro division. In order to recieve the money i would have to win the amateur as well in the evening!!! If that made sense!!!!!

Kinda makes sense...should have did the AM part 1st...smile (but who am I )

Ms Guns anytime you have a question ask!!!!! ;) any question u can think of or have I will be more than happy to answer it and u will always get a truthful and honest answer from me!!!

Thx Kiyoshi

It was announced today next year the Natural Olympia will be in Reno, Nevada. Just to let you know how many competitiors there were - over 350 competitiors!!!!! I sure will!!!!

ahhhh I wanted to go to Australia! But I still wanna try my hand @ this org!

Want pics?

Thx for the pics! You are awesome!

The rules are what they are. If anyone's got an issue with the rules? Please take it up with the federation... let's keep the congratulations going.

Amen, people always seems to take away from the WINNERs moment!

NATURAL-1987
10-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Congrats Big Guy!

John Hansen
10-18-2009, 02:56 PM
Hey Kiyoshi, Congratulations!!
That is great news. You can't do much better than that, 1st place in both the amateur and pro divisions!!
How did the rest of the results go? How did Thomas Anderson do? Was the runner up from last year, Warren Clampit, in the pro division? I didn't see any pictures of him in the ones you posted.

AVBG
10-18-2009, 03:22 PM
John, Warren didn't compete this year.

Mick
10-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Congratulations Kiyoshi! Was an awesome battle and great to watch. Didn't get the chance to catch you and introduce myself, every time i tried to got caught up with other people was a hectic crazy day. Maybe next time your out :) You definitely created a buzz around the place and think it was awesome for INBA and natural bodybuilding. The universe looks like it will be another fantastic battle looking forward to that one as well. Hope you enjoyed your time down under and was good experience for you.

Mick
10-18-2009, 03:44 PM
That is great news. You can't do much better than that, 1st place in both the amateur and pro divisions!!
How did the rest of the results go? How did Thomas Anderson do? Was the runner up from last year, Warren Clampit, in the pro division? I didn't see any pictures of him in the ones you posted.

I got to train with Warren on Friday while he was up.. the man is an absolute gentleman.

It is his year off this year from competing, just the way it fell..but look out next year in Nevada!

NATURAL-1987
10-18-2009, 03:53 PM
I hear nothing but good things about Warren Clampit as well. Actually I hear a lot of good natty bodybuilders are coming from Australia. It seems like natural bodybuilding is more popular then none tested shows over there. Just from what I can tell. Dont hear anything about anyone besides Lee Priest, but you guys have some sick natties.

Bestia
10-18-2009, 05:31 PM
From one of the pics AVBG posted, it looks like Thomas Anderson was there as well. He is a quality competitor and very impressive for competing less than two years. He won the show John Hansen puts on in Illinois two years ago.

Congrats Kiyoshi on the win. Hopefully this relieves the sting of the Team U. In my opinion, you had that show as well.

AVBG
10-18-2009, 06:33 PM
I hear nothing but good things about Warren Clampit as well. Actually I hear a lot of good natty bodybuilders are coming from Australia. It seems like natural bodybuilding is more popular then none tested shows over there. Just from what I can tell. Dont hear anything about anyone besides Lee Priest, but you guys have some sick natties.

Australian natural bodybuilding is in a really good position at the moment, with competitive lineups across all the federations we're doing well! W

hen we have ambassadors like Clampit, Waddington, Tim Martin ect to show people what is possible on a drug fee stage.. These and many others show great sportsmanship and humility whenever I've seen them speak to fans, media and the general public.

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:19 PM

It was a great show and I did enjoy myself in Australia. There were somethings I would like to have changed during the show but everything cant be perfect we can only learn and make changes from there!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:22 PM
I re-titled the thread..

Great news Mick (our man on the scene).. what were the placings?

Hey AVBG, Thanks bro!!! Ive been trying to win this competition since 1998 when John Hanson and Keith Bullock won it and I finally did after my third attempt so right now I still cant believe it!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Congrats Kiyoshi!

Thank you very much Stugots!!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:26 PM
congrats on that title :bowdown:

Thank you AminoAmingo

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Kiyoshi, congratulations on the win, you were there to win & you did your job well.
Nice to have a quick chat with you during the show.
I am writing an article about the show for an aussie mag.
TM

Hey Tan Man, It was great meeting you, to put a name to the face!!!I saw you every where during the show!!!!

Anything you need from feel free to ask I can help out in anyway!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Congrats! Kiyoshi - Why not try the IFPA Yorton cup on Nov. 14th! Should be an awesome show!

Thank you very much Doug, I have one more show to go on that day Nov 14. Is the INBA/PNBA Natural Universe

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:34 PM
this back shot looks unreal :bowdown: i want to see more "in the iron asylum" with kiyoshi ... he's a true motivation.

Thanks Amino, I will send some more workouts to dave and see if we can get them up!!!!. Thank you once again

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Kinda makes sense...should have did the AM part 1st...smile (but who am I )

Thx Kiyoshi

ahhhh I wanted to go to Australia! But I still wanna try my hand @ this org!

Thx for the pics! You are awesome!

Amen, people always seems to take away from the WINNERs moment!

Thats one thing I wouldve changed is to put the Amateur before the Professional. Im sure this will be changed. We all have to remember things can be changed and we all make mistakes, that the part of learning new things.

AVBG
10-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Did you check out any pics? In case you missed it..there's some on page 6

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Congrats Big Guy!

Thanks Natural 1987

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:48 PM

Thank you very much!!!!I geuss my time away payed off!!! Thomas took 4th in the Pro edged out by Joel Rimantas from Australia but in the Amateur he took 2nd over Joel Rimantas. In my opinion I think it had to do with his color from the pro to the amateur. In the Pro his color was running and was watery. We talked backstage after that and we got him to shower and wash that stuff off and re did is color!!! Looked 10 times better. We all live and learn!!! Warren didnt compete he's gonna wait til next year!!!! I was bummed he was competing. Like I said I love to compete against the best. Next years Natural Olympia will be like no other. Phillip ricardo will be back along with Warren Clampit, Mike Waddington, Joel Rimantas Thomas Anderson (will be ready next year). Im going to try and get another person to compete in the INBA which competed in the Team U and has done very well, lives out here in Cali cant mention any names but if I get this guy to compete with us all hell will break lose!! and we will all go at it in Reno cause I will return to repeat!!!!This was too much fun!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Congratulations Kiyoshi! Was an awesome battle and great to watch. Didn't get the chance to catch you and introduce myself, every time i tried to got caught up with other people was a hectic crazy day. Maybe next time your out :) You definitely created a buzz around the place and think it was awesome for INBA and natural bodybuilding. The universe looks like it will be another fantastic battle looking forward to that one as well. Hope you enjoyed your time down under and was good experience for you.

It wouldve been great to meet you!!!! It was crazy though!!! Alot of spectators and competitiors!!!! I had a great time in Australia just getting up close and personal with the fans especially posing out in the audience was awsome. Also I love the work STRIKE!!!!!! I just heard Mike Waddington will be coming to the Universe so I have my work cut out for me. So back on my diet and training and cardio I go!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 10:02 PM
From one of the pics AVBG posted, it looks like Thomas Anderson was there as well. He is a quality competitor and very impressive for competing less than two years. He won the show John Hansen puts on in Illinois two years ago.

Congrats Kiyoshi on the win. Hopefully this relieves the sting of the Team U. In my opinion, you had that show as well.

Thanks Bestia, The sting of the Team Universe has come and gone pretty quick. I love to compete any one can e beaten on any given day!!!!Have to be ready!!!!

I got a chance to talk alot with Thomas Anderson, we were roomates in Australia. I can tell you he will only get better trust me. He is still learning all of this bodybuilding stuff, dieting posing training cardio etc. He will be a different guy come next year at the Natural Olympia!!!!

AVBG
10-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey Kiyoshi, In reference to your interview with John Hansen, with particular regards to your impending status that is when you get the IFBB pro card (confident aren't I?)... Has the recent win changed your perspective upon taking it up a notch in the IFBB?

Kiyoshi Moody
10-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey Kiyoshi, In reference to your interview with John Hansen, with particular regards to your impending status that is when you get the IFBB pro card (confident aren't I?)... Has the recent win changed your perspective upon taking it up a notch in the IFBB?

After this week in Australia alot is going through my mind. Talking with Denny Kakos and Other reps in the INBA, there are alot of good things coming in the years ahead for the INBA/PNBA. But like I said my ultimate goal is to obtain that IFBB Pro Card now after this weekend will I kick it up a notch meaning where I cant compete in natural organizations anymore that will take more time to decide now after this win!!! I am enjoying so much that I want to repeat and repeat and repeat againsame with the Universe!!! We will see!!!! Have 25 more days til the Universe

nattylifter
10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Hey Kiyoshi, I'm the Junior who won and got 2nd in open class 3. It was sooo awesome meeting you and getting a photo with you at the lunch gala, then seeing you and Thomas Anderson again walking down Caville mall and getting another photo with you, myself, my mate and Thomas and having a little chat. After seeing you up onstage and getting to chat with you, It's really inspired that this is the path for me(not that I had doubts) and to one day earn my pro card in INBA and get up there alongside of you on stage and battle it out. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later! I have those 2 pics if you would like me to post them or I can email them to you :)

Im going to try and get another person to compete in the INBA which competed in the Team U and has done very well, lives out here in Cali cant mention any names but if I get this guy to compete with us all hell will break lose!! and we will all go at it in Reno cause I will return to repeat!!!!This was too much fun!!!!
If this is who I think it is I may just have to abandon my plans of having a year off and come over to the states for the Natural Olympia in Reno and compete!!! Does this person's name start with a J by any chance??? :)

Philip Ricardo
10-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Kyoshi, I knew you would be untouchable Down Under at the Natural O, and it was long overdue for you to take the Title of best Natural in the World! Congrats bro! If things go right we can be onstage again at next years show in Reno...sounds like that would be one of the greatest line-ups since 1998!
I know you must be on cloud 9 right now...you have always been the best in my eyes, so I know that it will be time for me to kick it up a few hundred notches for next year! Take the Universe in November Bro!!!

MsGuns
10-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Kyoshi, I knew you would be untouchable Down Under at the Natural O, and it was long overdue for you to take the Title of best Natural in the World! Congrats bro! If things go right we can be onstage again at next years show in Reno...sounds like that would be one of the greatest line-ups since 1998!
I know you must be on cloud 9 right now...you have always been the best in my eyes, so I know that it will be time for me to kick it up a few hundred notches for next year! Take the Universe in November Bro!!!

I wanna join yall in Reno...
Do I need to compete in a INBA show b4 that?

huge285
10-22-2009, 03:47 AM
Congratulations KIYOSHI! You've achieved some amazing accolades in bodybuilding...............these titles will always have your name on them!

AminoAmigo
10-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Thank you AminoAmingo

you're welcome ! ... thanks for motivating me and others to give 100% just as you do :yep:

Kiyoshi Moody
10-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Hey Kiyoshi, I'm the Junior who won and got 2nd in open class 3. It was sooo awesome meeting you and getting a photo with you at the lunch gala, then seeing you and Thomas Anderson again walking down Caville mall and getting another photo with you, myself, my mate and Thomas and having a little chat. After seeing you up onstage and getting to chat with you, It's really inspired that this is the path for me(not that I had doubts) and to one day earn my pro card in INBA and get up there alongside of you on stage and battle it out. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later! I have those 2 pics if you would like me to post them or I can email them to you :)

If this is who I think it is I may just have to abandon my plans of having a year off and come over to the states for the Natural Olympia in Reno and compete!!! Does this person's name start with a J by any chance??? :)

It was great chatting with you!!!! You have a bright future!!!! You will hit bumps along the way but stay focused and dont let your mind stray!!!!Trust me you will get your pro card very soon!!!!Sure bro you can post them!!!!

I wont be going anywhere anytime soon!!!! So we might oneday be onstage together!!!! It would be alot of fun.anytime you have any questions feel free to hit me up!!!!! you have a friend for life!!!!!

Cant let it out the bag about next years "O"

Kiyoshi Moody
10-22-2009, 03:13 PM

Thanks bro!!!!! You hear in SD right? When is the baby due?Glad your back safe bro!!!!

U kick it up a few hundred notches and im gonna kick it a few thousand!!! lol I know what u bring to the stage!!!!! But if u, warren, I and many others come its gonna be one hellava lineup!!!!Thats what excites me even more. Also I believe next years Team u is in July which would be perfect cause the Nat "O" will be end of Oct begininng Nov, gives me time between shows!!!! Im gonna in a little tighter at the Universe!!!!Since its here in our backyard Los Angeles!!!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Congratulations KIYOSHI! You've achieved some amazing accolades in bodybuilding...............these titles will always have your name on them!

Hey Dave,

Thank you very much!!! Thank you for continued support!!!! I know I can be a pain, Im still learning this bodybuilding thing!!!! Diets, training etc!!! Im always willing to learn!!!! If it werent for you I would not be in the situation I'm in now!!!

Thank you for getting me in the shape of my life, I know it will only get better!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
10-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Video of posing routine in Natural Olympia in Australia

YouTube - 2009 INBA Natural Mr Olympia Kiyoshi Moody

The Giant Killer
10-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Great Job Kiyoshi...well deserved!

jrod
10-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Kiyoshi,

Congratulations! I know TU was hard on you but good job bouncing back from that and turning this into a great year for yourself. Nice routine, too.

Team Franco
10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Fantastic posing.

Kiyoshi Moody
10-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Great Job Kiyoshi...well deserved!

Hey GK, Thanks bro!!!!! One more to go!!! Nov 14

Kiyoshi Moody
10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Kiyoshi,

Congratulations! I know TU was hard on you but good job bouncing back from that and turning this into a great year for yourself. Nice routine, too.

Hey Jeff, Hell ya Team U was hard on a brother but I had to pull it together!!!! Have one more show to go Nov 14 here in LA. That routine was made up at the time i stepped out. They ended up playing the wrong cd!!! But it all worked out!! Hey "J" wanna talk to you about somethings shoot me ur number over PM

Kiyoshi Moody
10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Fantastic posing.

Thanks Franco!!! much appreciated!!!!

jrod
10-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey Jeff, Hell ya Team U was hard on a brother but I had to pull it together!!!! Have one more show to go Nov 14 here in LA. That routine was made up at the time i stepped out. They ended up playing the wrong cd!!! But it all worked out!! Hey "J" wanna talk to you about somethings shoot me ur number over PM

PM didn't work; I sent you an email.

Good luck on the next show!

MsGuns
11-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Kiyoshi, when you get a chance, Please Vote for the 2009 Rx Muscle Male and Female Forum Member of the Year! Thx for your time.

odeflagli
11-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I accept with information: As of this year, this is the first time in many years that I'm actually holding on to weight. In the past my weight usually drops. But right now I've been kinda sticking to a pretty good program even though it does get expensive at times. My meals are in the 8 to 10 range. So I'm progressing each day. At the same time I'm getting pretty excited and nervous for the USA's since this will be my first crack at it. I've always gone to watch the USA's and always thought to myself oneday when I'm ready and deserving to be up there onstage with the best amateur bodybuilders I will take a shot. So come July it will be on. My goal is just to crack the top 5. Right now I'm feeling pretty good with the progress I'm making right now and the body parts that I need to bring up. As far as the Team Universe. I have mixed feelings. At the end of last year I said I was done with the Team U, but people told me dont make the decision right now on emotions. Take your time to think and then decide. Two years in a row I lost on narrow decisions and it's actually made me hungrier for this up and coming year. After looking at the pictures did I deserve to win? No. Two years in a row I've been beaten on two different areas and poses and it's in the front of my head everyday when I go to the gym gotta improve those areas or die trying. But this coming Team Universe it's gonna be different.
Simulateur pret immobilier simulation calcul credit fonctionnaire | (http://pretimmobiliersimulation.org/)Calcul pret immobilier simulation simulation credit (http://pretimmobiliersimulation.org/pret-immobilier-simulation/)

MsGuns
11-06-2009, 10:18 PM
Mr. Natural Olympia, Thx for the INBA contact info. Ive already heard back. See ya on stage.

NATURAL-1987
11-08-2009, 06:25 PM
They had the wrong music and you made it look like it was yours still. Thats awesome.

Kiyoshi Moody
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Mr. Natural Olympia, Thx for the INBA contact info. Ive already heard back. See ya on stage.

ahhh, Your very welcome Ms.Guns!!! Hope soo!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
11-09-2009, 04:47 PM
They had the wrong music and you made it look like it was yours still. Thats awesome.

Thanks!!!! Sometimes you just got to feel the music!!! and go with it!!!! I love the slower songs. Right now with one more show to go I might use a mariah carey song, jason mraz or I have a routine I used for a guest posing appearence in texas!!! By now I have already have my music done but have alot on my plate right now!!!!So we will see

Kiyoshi Moody
11-09-2009, 04:51 PM
One week left for the PNBA Mr.Universe. This is another title that has eluded me since 1998. We will see if I can dial it in. So far everything is coming in right. Im sitting right at 208 from this morning, Show is this saturday in Los Angeles. If everything works itself out i should come in tighter and drier than the natural Olympia

hulkish808
11-09-2009, 05:58 PM
best wishes sir! get that title!

Blakryno
11-11-2009, 11:00 PM
The Team U is in July in 2010?...and in LA? Didn't know that. Looks like I might be westward bound this July. What is the date bro? BTW Congrats man. You're what this sport is all about. A true champ and a warrior through and through. I definitely consider myself a fan.

Heffalum
11-26-2009, 07:25 PM
How did you do in your Nov 14th show?

Kiyoshi Moody
12-10-2009, 02:31 PM
How did you do in your Nov 14th show?

Hey Heffalum, Won the Natural Universe Pro Division Overall. I just didnt make mention of it!!!! Sorry!! All the test results came back from ASADA about the Natural Olympia and the Natural Universe. Which I had no doubt what so ever i would test clean!!!

AVBG
12-11-2009, 12:13 AM
I heard about the win K but couldn't find any pics or commentary! That is one thing that bothers me about natty bb.... Why are the results and images so poorly reported?

Kiyoshi Moody
12-13-2009, 01:03 PM
I heard about the win K but couldn't find any pics or commentary! That is one thing that bothers me about natty bb.... Why are the results and images so poorly reported?

I know what your saying!!!! There are pics of the show up on naturalbodybuilding.com but not to much. In the natural organizations it seems like we get more publicity overseas like in australia, japan and even europe than we do here in the US. Which is very understandable because of the IFBB and NPC. Naturalbodybuildingradio tries to get the word out there and do there best and promote naturalbodybuilding but at the same time there are so many natural organizations here in the US, its just hard to do it!!! If they would ever minimize the organizations I believe it would be alot stronger and more would come out of it!!!!

Heffalum
12-14-2009, 02:08 AM
Hey Heffalum, Won the Natural Universe Pro Division Overall. I just didnt make mention of it!!!! Sorry!! All the test results came back from ASADA about the Natural Olympia and the Natural Universe. Which I had no doubt what so ever i would test clean!!!
Hey great job I'm glad to here it!

Kiyoshi Moody
12-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks Heffalum!!! very much appreciated!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
12-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Thank you very much for posting this Odeflagi, it meant alot!!!!!

I accept with information: As of this year, this is the first time in many years that I'm actually holding on to weight. In the past my weight usually drops. But right now I've been kinda sticking to a pretty good program even though it does get expensive at times. My meals are in the 8 to 10 range. So I'm progressing each day. At the same time I'm getting pretty excited and nervous for the USA's since this will be my first crack at it. I've always gone to watch the USA's and always thought to myself oneday when I'm ready and deserving to be up there onstage with the best amateur bodybuilders I will take a shot. So come July it will be on. My goal is just to crack the top 5. Right now I'm feeling pretty good with the progress I'm making right now and the body parts that I need to bring up. As far as the Team Universe. I have mixed feelings. At the end of last year I said I was done with the Team U, but people told me dont make the decision right now on emotions. Take your time to think and then decide. Two years in a row I lost on narrow decisions and it's actually made me hungrier for this up and coming year. After looking at the pictures did I deserve to win? No. Two years in a row I've been beaten on two different areas and poses and it's in the front of my head everyday when I go to the gym gotta improve those areas or die trying. But this coming Team Universe it's gonna be different.

Simulateur pret immobilier simulation calcul credit fonctionnaire | (http://pretimmobiliersimulation.org/)Calcul pret immobilier simulation simulation credit (http://pretimmobiliersimulation.org/pret-immobilier-simulation/)

nutratroy
12-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Ki-Yo:
Wishing you the best holiday ever brother! stay strong

Kiyoshi Moody
01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Ki-Yo:
Wishing you the best holiday ever brother! stay strong

Training has been going good!!! Weight up to 227lbs. Finally feeling strong with no injuries!! knock on wood!!! Videos will be coming soon!!! Training at a new gym with a new training partner!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
01-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Have you guys seen this shyt!!!!

YouTube- deadlifting 329 to lockout and pass out

Philip Ricardo
01-17-2010, 08:54 PM
LMAO...that sh17 is funny as hell!!!
Kyosh, will you be at the Fit Expo this weekend? I will be there on Saturday to check out the new stuff out. Hope to see you there bro!!!:yep:

Kiyoshi Moody
01-18-2010, 04:40 AM
LMAO...that sh17 is funny as hell!!!
Kyosh, will you be at the Fit Expo this weekend? I will be there on Saturday to check out the new stuff out. Hope to see you there bro!!!:yep:

Hell yeah!!! My girl and I will be there both days!!!!

Kiyoshi Moody
01-18-2010, 04:50 AM
Some more weight!!!! Up another 4 to 5lbs, 232lbs. My goal is 240lbs by end of Feb. 245 to 250 by the end of March. Then start dieting down. Eating about 4000 calories per day!!

AVBG
01-18-2010, 05:31 AM
What show you hitting first K?

Kiyoshi Moody
01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
What show you hitting first K?

Team U, as a heavyweight bro!!!!!

AVBG
01-18-2010, 04:18 PM
So you dieting from start of April? How many weeks you going to be dieting for? I am about 10 weeks with 8 to go.

Kiyoshi Moody
01-18-2010, 04:51 PM
So you dieting from start of April? How many weeks you going to be dieting for? I am about 10 weeks with 8 to go.

Actually Dave is gonna have me diet for 16 weeks!!!! So finally I dont have to worry about weight!!! It's been hard to keep this weight on and keep increasing!!!! I'm eating out of control!!! 232 right now at about 8% body fat!!! I will be over in Australia May 23 for a guest posing appereance, actually i fly out the 17 and come back the 23rd of May

Kiyoshi Moody
01-18-2010, 04:51 PM

What show you hitting up?

AVBG
01-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Actually Dave is gonna have me diet for 16 weeks!!!! So finally I dont have to worry about weight!!! It's been hard to keep this weight on and keep increasing!!!! I'm eating out of control!!! 232 right now at about 8% body fat!!! I will be over in Australia May 23 for a guest posing appereance, actually i fly out the 17 and come back the 23rd of May

Which show are you guest posing at?

Do you know what's interesting.. I am 8% bf at 8 weeks out (6') ...you're a freak man!

AVBG
01-18-2010, 04:57 PM
What show you hitting up?

I'm doing a NPCA-IFBB not tested show All States Championship. Held in conjunction with the Australian IFBB pro show.