PDA

View Full Version : We must be out of our heads!

Quadsweep
07-26-2009, 01:34 PM
My Fiance' and I just finished competing @ masters nationals and were planning on going to watch and stay with our good friend Sassy69 of this board but in thinking about it we can compete for 5 bucks more a piece compared to buying tickets! I have Tan product and all the "supps" needed and my NPC card is bought and paid for obviously! We both have only gained 5# since masters so no big diet issue. The crazy part is I am only one week off a 22 week diet and Rita did 16 weeks...I think it will be good to get in front of the judges again. Have to call Gary Udit as I think we may have just missed the deadline. He is over the district in Ohio I judge in so I know him...hope it helps.

Quadsweep

Quadsweep
07-26-2009, 01:40 PM
:beerbang:cool...just looked I have until Aug. 8th!:beerbang:

sassy69
07-26-2009, 08:24 PM
This is gonna be SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!

Tami Bellon
07-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Hey! Make sure it's POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN 08-07-09. Just looked at the entry form. ;)

SpeedoGuido
07-27-2009, 01:20 AM
My Fiance' and I just finished competing @ masters nationals and were planning on going to watch and stay with our good friend Sassy69 of this board but in thinking about it we can compete for 5 bucks more a piece compared to buying tickets! I have Tan product and all the "supps" needed and my NPC card is bought and paid for obviously! We both have only gained 5# since masters so no big diet issue. The crazy part is I am only one week off a 22 week diet and Rita did 16 weeks...I think it will be good to get in front of the judges again. Have to call Gary Udit as I think we may have just missed the deadline. He is over the district in Ohio I judge in so I know him...hope it helps.

Quadsweep

Cool! What show is it? Are there any pics of you from the Masters Show in the RX Contest Gallery?

sassy69
07-27-2009, 03:03 AM
Cool! What show is it? Are there any pics of you from the Masters Show in the RX Contest Gallery?

Quad is talking about the North Americans at the end of August in Cleveland!

Quadsweep
07-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Cool! What show is it? Are there any pics of you from the Masters Show in the RX Contest Gallery? Yes i was 12th in heavies over 40. My Rita won the Over 55 and was 4th in the 45 heavies....@ 128#!

GirlyMuscle
07-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Hey was or is Rita involved with Beverly International? I think I recognize her from there. If so, wow! Great progress over the lat couple of years!

Quadsweep
07-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey was or is Rita involved with Beverly International? I think I recognize her from there. If so, wow! Great progress over the lat couple of years! Yes she worked there for years and I worked the arnold every year for them too.

Q.

Scoobysnacks
07-27-2009, 01:57 PM
good luck to you guys, 20 weeks, and 2 shows was enough for me:-) This year!

Ss

Quadsweep
07-27-2009, 02:37 PM
good luck to you guys, 20 weeks, and 2 shows was enough for me:-) This year!

Ss We did a long slow loading phase of 6 days...probably a day to a day and a half too long. With that and eating all last week I kinda had it out of my system anyway. Only gained like 5# which was odd to me. I am now on a 2000cal Keto diet. I am hungry like a mo! I figure I will do this for 2 weeks then up my fat intake the 3rd week. Will figure the final week at that point. I needed to be drier at Masters Natls. Should have done a little lasix in retrospect as I loaded a little too long I think. But thats how we learn...trial and error.

Quad.

Scoobysnacks
07-27-2009, 03:25 PM
We did a long slow loading phase of 6 days...probably a day to a day and a half too long. With that and eating all last week I kinda had it out of my system anyway. Only gained like 5# which was odd to me. I am now on a 2000cal Keto diet. I am hungry like a mo! I figure I will do this for 2 weeks then up my fat intake the 3rd week. Will figure the final week at that point. I needed to be drier at Masters Natls. Should have done a little lasix in retrospect as I loaded a little too long I think. But thats how we learn...trial and error.

Quad.

Wow 6 days. I was really depleted coming into Jr Nats. I went keto on 1600 cals after the GNC (2 weeks time to bring in glutes and hamis) with no refeed (I was refeeding about 1200 carbs once per week prior to that). So I was depleted as hell and I loaded for 3 days tapering as the show got closer. Worked pretty well for me. But, 6 days is a good stretch.

2000 cals at your size yeah Im sure you are feeling that quite well.

I agree get nasty shredded and dont worry about the size game.

SpeedoGuido
07-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Yes i was 12th in heavies over 40. My Rita won the Over 55 and was 4th in the 45 heavies....@ 128#!

Good luck in the North Americans! Congrats to Rita on the win:)

GerryT
07-28-2009, 02:10 PM
If you are able to do NA, why not?

Over 40 heavy was a tough class, and at prejudge thought you had a shot at top 10. A bit harder and drier and you should do well.

And Rita looked terrific and deserved her win. It was a super show. Congrats to you both.

Quadsweep
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM
If you are able to do NA, why not?

Over 40 heavy was a tough class, and at prejudge thought you had a shot at top 10. A bit harder and drier and you should do well.

And Rita looked terrific and deserved her win. It was a super show. Congrats to you both.thank you very much. I did feel I should have been in second call outs and in looking at pics from the show I feel I was 8th or 9th as did several of my brutally honest friends. I agree I needed to be drier for sure. I did not restrict much on fluids or use any diuretics. Thanks again.

Quad

Quadsweep
07-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Good luck in the North Americans! Congrats to Rita on the win:) thank you.

Quadsweep
07-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Wow 6 days. I was really depleted coming into Jr Nats. I went keto on 1600 cals after the GNC (2 weeks time to bring in glutes and hamis) with no refeed (I was refeeding about 1200 carbs once per week prior to that). So I was depleted as hell and I loaded for 3 days tapering as the show got closer. Worked pretty well for me. But, 6 days is a good stretch.

2000 cals at your size yeah Im sure you are feeling that quite well.

I agree get nasty shredded and dont worry about the size game.

Yeah I am pretty much starving right now and I just finished eating maybe 15 min. ago! Just rough going from pizza to grapefruit and eggs and lean beef! Ahh the sweet suffering! Not doing cardio yet but I swear every gram of weight I put on is in my kidney so I may have to! Mostly water I am sure but still looks like shit! I swear after about 32yo I put my weight on pretty much just there. Can you say lipo!

Quad

Mr. Dead
07-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Best of luck to you guys!!!

sassy69
08-26-2009, 04:48 AM
Bump for countdown to D-Day! Carb up starts tomorrow!