PDA

View Full Version : Big J1 HAS RETURNED WITH MISS INTERNATIONAL PREDICTIONS

Big J1
02-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Hello All,

It is less than six weeks to the Arnold Classic and the 2009 Ms. International. I was at the first and the second and now will be there for the 21st!!

I have studied the competitor list and if u add Lisa Auckland, who is taking this show off, I believe you would have the top 15 women bodybuilders still competing in the world at this time, in this lineup.

I will predict exact positions at two weeks out, so for now I will break down the competition as follows:

Top Two (alphabetically)
Iris Kyle
Betty Viana

This was the top 2 at the 2008 Miss O and should be again at this show.
However, Iris did have that incident (7th place) at the 2008 Ms I and Betty has been somewhat inconsistent in some of her preps but at this time we have a great battle brewing. Iris is the preeminent FBB of this era and Betty is the posterwoman for the new criteria of 20% less, overall beauty and symmetry.

Three through Eight (alphabetically) Heather Armbrust
Dayana Cadeau
Cathy LeFrancois
Mah Ann Mendoza
Yaxeni Oriquen
Isabelle Turell

Quite a mix here....consistent top three warriors, Dayana and Yaxeni. 2007 and 2008 top surprises, Heather and Cathy...queen of inch for inch symmetry Mahann....and the not yet polished pro with unlimited potential, Isabelle.

Dayana and Yaxeni can never be counted out of a top three finish, having finished at this level for several years each..I believe that their finishes will be more dependent on the condition and presentation of the other four women in the this group rather than their own top five in the world resumes

Heather and Mahann have had some inconsistent results in 2007 and 2008 ranging from Heather's 5th in the 2007 Miss O to her 13th in the 2008 MIss O.....Mahann's 8th place in the 2008 Miss O could be a peak or a springboard depending on her prep..

Cathy is another wonderful FBB who has complied with the current judging criteria to a T. 6th place finishes in both the 2008 Miss O and the 2008 Miss I along with a win in the NY Pro made for a fabulous season for this Canadian.

Isabelle is an enigma..Unlimited potential (all the way to number 1!) is combined with historical prep and presentations hiccups..But I think that this year is going to be very big for the top X frame in the FBB division. If prep is spot on, then the sky is the limit.

Nine through Fourteen (alpahbetically)
Maria Del Carmen Gomez
Rosemary Jennings
Debi Laszewski
Betty Pariso
Brenda Raganot
Dena Westerfield

Veterans to this show are Rosemary Jennings, Betty Pariso, and Brenda Raganot..Betty has had many years of top 6 finishes but I believe the new criteria and slipping recent finishes contribute here....Rosemary is also a vet with top ten finishes on her resume...As we have said before in these threads, she is a personal favorite of mine but recently not of the judges..Some presentation changes are rumored, dont be surprised if this pick turns out to be a little off....Brenda Raganot has been up and down, all will depend on the prep, by prior performances at her best she will challenge 3-8 if not .........Maria Del Carmen Gomez (formerly Segura) is impossible to predict, I have not seen recent photos and she should be an anti-criteria FBB but changes can be made in the female physique and she has come out of nowhere before!!!....Dena is the queen of condition and her presentation is always professional and pleasing, her prep is always the gold standard...Weaknesses need to be improved and Dr. D has taken 8 months off competing to do so, we will see what the judges think. Debi is a newcomer to this level yet does have the potential to impress.

Well, that is the first analysis, please feel free to comment if you wish...

Humbly Submitted,
Big J1

SallyAnne
02-19-2009, 09:51 PM
What's up, sweet pea?

I'm very excited to see what Betty will look like this year.

Big J1
02-19-2009, 09:52 PM
super mod.....now that describes you perfectly

xoxo
Big J1

GirlyMuscle
02-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Yea!!!! BigJ 1 is here!!! Welcome! What took you so long??

Steph Orr
02-19-2009, 10:22 PM
good to see you here Big J1! I think your pics will be very close :D I hope Isabelle shocks everyone. The Ms. I of course will be a great contest. I'm also rooting for Cathy for obvious reasons, ;) Go Canucks!

lil mama
02-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Hello GirlyMuscle, BigJ1 was probably out re-ajusting his SEXINESS:D;) for his new hangout;)

Yea!!!! BigJ 1 is here!!! Welcome! What took you so long??

Big J1
02-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Hi all,

This is the first one on RXMUSCLE.com so a little primer on Big J1 predicting.

Creds: First Miss O watched in person 1982
First Miss I watched in person 1989
manager, sponsor of fbb's since 1985
athlete's rep for Species Nutrition since 2007

Guideline: I predict how the judges are interpreting the criteria...I do not judge contests, I judge judging. There is nothing personal here just one person's guess, all comments are welcome and disagreements are encouraged. I explain my thoughts and reasoning... but know this....THESE ARE 14 TOP FEMALE IFBB PROS....14TH PLACE MAY BE 14TH BEST IN THE WORLD AND ONLY ON THIS NIGHT....THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT THINGS TO ACHIEVE TO WORK FOR YEARS TO PREPARE FOR ONE NIGHT..CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

for those of you who have read the entire thread you will notice I have changed my mind....just a hunch....after 1st place I am betting on change...new blood.....I could be way off and look really stupid...we will see..

1st Iris Kyle to be the best you have to beat the best. she is the best

2nd Cathy LeFrancois if you think this pick is controversial just look below

3rd Isabelle Turell if prepared and presented well..........

4th Betty Viana-Adkins if at her symmetrical best will crack the top three

5th Yaxeni Oriquen has the resume to shine if it is her day

6th Dayana Cadeau yikes Dayana 6th..how is that possible

7th Heather Armbrust up from 13th at the O could go higher

8th MahAnn Mendoza watch the glute-ham tiein if there i am way wrong

9th Dena Westerfield queen of conditioning count all 10 abs

10th Betty Pariso can she turn back the clock again

11th Brenda Raganot only because someone has to be
12th Debi Laszewski only because someone has to be
13th Rosemary Jennings only because someone has to be
14th Maria Del Carmen Gomez only because someone has to be

again this is only meant to stimulate discussion....if this contest were held 10 years ago the last two picks could be top 6!!! and please remember the judges dont look at these threads, they will choose who they will choose.

Have at it

Humbly Submitted,
Big J1

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-19-2009, 11:27 PM
As much as I love Dayana... and I know she is going to look wonderful as always... I really cannot wait to see what Belle has for us!!

Curt James
02-19-2009, 11:38 PM
Welcome Big J1! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/curt_james/Rx/smileys/beerbangdouble.gif

Angela123
02-20-2009, 12:06 AM
sweet! good to see you back!

huge285
02-20-2009, 02:22 AM
BIG J1 with the controversial pics!! Just for JEOPARDY's sake, the show is called the MS INTERNATIONAL not "MISS"

Big J1
02-20-2009, 09:27 AM
point well taken..I have asked Ron Harris to edit my posts and do some rewrites in the future

LOL
Big J1

Fitswim by Celeste
02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
point well taken..I have asked Ron Harris to edit my posts and do some rewrites in the future

LOL
Big J1

DOH! :p

yea, good to see your predictions again joel ;)

SallyAnne
02-20-2009, 02:13 PM

LOL
Big J1

lol

I understand he's expensive, so you'd better start saving those Vegas winnings. ;)

Ann Caliri
02-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey Joel, I'm glad the predictions are back!!

Mufasa
02-22-2009, 08:24 PM
"...Isabelle is an enigma..Unlimited potential (all the way to number 1!) is combined with historical prep and presentations hiccups..But I think that this year is going to be very big for the top X frame in the FBB division. If prep is spot on, then the sky is the limit..."

Boy, is this ever true!

Isabelle has worked VERY hard; had some ups and downs; and yes...has the best "X" in the Biz.

The sky is the limit for her.

Mufasa

Razer
02-23-2009, 05:51 AM
Sweet lat spread, delts are good size. Mufasa like you said she has that "X" factor going.

Heather Grace
02-25-2009, 09:51 AM
"X-frame" and AMAZING conditioning- Did you all see her pics on Sioux's site (Arnold thread- 9 days out)???? CRAZY VASUCULARITY:eek:... she is bringin' it!!!!

SallyAnne
03-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Pictures of Isabelle taken by Dave in Columbus:

http://www.rxmuscle.com/photos/albums/album03/DSCN0298.jpg

http://www.rxmuscle.com/photos/albums/album03/DSCN0302.jpg

lil mama
03-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Ain't she a cutie(smile)

Big J1
03-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Hello All,

Well...that was both predictable (iris) and not predictable (debi l)...
My initial observation is the most "ready" athletes were Iris, Heather and Debi.. I believe that should have been the top 3. I think that Yaxeni was overplaced, and that Dayana and Betty were correctly judged.

That said I believe that slightly off were Isabelle and Cathy....both fixable condition issues but my second prediction thread had them in 100% spot on shape and they werent....but we are talking 7th and 8th in the world here...Dena Westerfield, who I am proud to call my close friend, finished a respectable 9th and showed great condition and improvement.

Prep disappointments Mahann and Brenda finished 10-11 but they could move up 8-9 places in any show by coming spot on....Rosemary and Maria while superb athletes do not meet current top 10 judging criteria

I guess a paragraph on Betty Pariso is in order..My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of RXMuscle and are strictly my own......So, the posted story by Ed, her husband, was flu, that she was in Columbus and trying desparately to be well enough to compete....The Arnold is an invitational and any spot you receive an invitation for comes at the expense of another competitor...That said, I believe an athlete would have to be dead or dying to not appear on stage, It is like saying that being the 14th best (which she wouldnt have been) in the world is not good enough...In addition, Betty is the PRO WOMEN"S ATHLETES REP...
oh well nuff said....this could be debated ad nauseum....just one man's opinion.

IRIS KYLE 1ST 1ST 1-2
DEBI LASZEWSKI 2ND 12TH 9-14
YAXENI ORIQUEN 3RD 5TH 3-8
HEATHER ARMBRUST 4TH 7TH 3-8
DAYANA CADEAU 5TH 6TH 3-8
BETTY VIANA 6TH 4TH 1-2
ISABELLE TURELL 7TH 3RD 3-8
CATHY LEFRANCOIS 8TH 2ND 3-8
DENA WESTERFIELD 9TH 9TH 9-14
MAHANN MENDOZA 10TH 8TH 3-8
BRENDA RAGANOT 11TH 11TH 9-14
ROSE JENNINGS 12TH 13TH 9-14
MARIA SEGURA 13TH 14TH 9-14
BETTY PARISO DNS 10TH 9-14

Well I had 11 of the 14 girls in the right "sections" only missing Debi, congrats again, Mahann oops and Betty V big oops

Nine of 14 within two places...I will try harder next time...

Humbly
Big J1