PDA

View Full Version : water depletion post cheat on keto

MashkaNY
07-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Sup guys,

I just asked Dave in the QA his opinion but I would like to hear more ofcourse.

Im on his diet (again) and i haaaaaaaaaaaaate that water retention feeling that you get sometimes after a cheat. sometimes i remember id get it and it would be for like 4 days or something, such anasty feeling ew

so this cheat meal, before i went to bed, i took some teraxatone, and some more when i woke up, i feel great, tiny little bit of water in my belly and im sure some on my legs and arms but not that crazy disgusting feeling

I was wondering if there is any harm to doing this

i mean those water depletion pills dont really negate the cheat to they? just flush the water out?

Frosty
07-27-2009, 07:29 PM
I think it's a silly idea. Just let things take their course. Perhaps you're either too fat for the quantities that you're packing away on your cheat and it should be reduced or maybe you're eating foods you're sensitive to or react to that cause water retention if it's that bad.

Legend
07-27-2009, 10:53 PM
What does your sodium intake look like on a regular basis during your diet?

Myth
07-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I used to gain 18-25lbs after a refeed and I didn't whine like you, and I got ripped to shreds. It's water retention, get over it!

Frosty
07-27-2009, 11:44 PM
I used to gain 18-25lbs after a refeed and I didn't whine like you, and I got ripped to shreds. It's water retention, get over it!

LOL how much of that was just food still left inside you???

MashkaNY
07-28-2009, 09:40 AM
What does your sodium intake look like on a regular basis during your diet?
im eating aLOT of salt this time around, like abuse it with every meal.

i made the mistake of not doing that last time i did dave's diet, feel much much better now

frosty maybe you're right, last times i got htat after the cheat was when i was just starting the diet, so, much more body fat

then again, last time i did this diet, one of my last cheat meals, i was almost a month out from show, and i couldnt get rid of the water for 4 days or so! it was nuts, but most important i felt like shit!!! you're already so tired and mentally worn out last thing you want to feel like crap (if there is an option not to lol)

MashkaNY
07-28-2009, 09:41 AM
i dont like it!!!! lolll

Legend
07-28-2009, 11:20 AM

i made the mistake of not doing that last time i did dave's diet, feel much much better now

Ok, good.

Yeah, alot of people seem to make that mistake at first.

Frosty
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM

frosty maybe you're right, last times i got htat after the cheat was when i was just starting the diet, so, much more body fat

then again, last time i did this diet, one of my last cheat meals, i was almost a month out from show, and i couldnt get rid of the water for 4 days or so! it was nuts, but most important i felt like shit!!! you're already so tired and mentally worn out last thing you want to feel like crap (if there is an option not to lol)

Maybe the quantity or the type of foods is a problem. Are you eating Chinese food by any chance? Milk? Do you have any known food sensitivities or allergies? These can cause bad water retention. I have a friend that can't touch dairy for a cheat without bloating like hell for days. Feeling essentially hung over for days indicates something is off.

MashkaNY
07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
thats the problem that I wasnt sure what it was from

i assumed it was from milk but this weekend i had ice cream and cheeses and probably milk (dont even remember)

the only thing that i have been doing different these last 2 cheat meals (and not retaining much water), is that i start of earlier now, around day time, and just eat and chill out with freinds and family for a few hours, maybe even 3 horus of eating this and that, before i would just do more like a binge i guess , so maybe when you're tired and worn out and eating like a zombie your body reacts different or you end up eating MUCH more

i dont know, but just wanted to know if there was any harm in doing what i have been doing.