PDA

View Full Version : Calling it like they see it...

Gaoshang Xiongshou
07-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Watching some old matches on YouTube earlier made me think... sometimes a lackluster match can become a stellar match simply because of who is calling it. So this begs the question: Who are/were the best ringside commentators? (You understand, these are the only names that came to mind at the moment, hence the choices on the poll. But by all means, throw more out there).

Multiple choice... Discuss :)

TPT
07-27-2009, 11:48 PM
hey gx, you aint right! wheres joey styles?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
07-27-2009, 11:53 PM
hey gx, you aint right! wheres joey styles?

Like I said, I was going to forget people... this is why this thread is open for discussion :)

I did not watch ECW much, if at all.

~gymdiva~
07-28-2009, 12:00 AM
I voted other for Gorilla Monsoon! although, I did mean to go back and check Heenan, too...those two together were a riot...so was Ventura and Vince back in the day...and OMG Piper...he was damn entertaining!

TPT
07-28-2009, 12:08 AM
I voted other for Gorilla Monsoon! although, I did mean to go back and check Heenan, too...those two together were a riot...so was Ventura and Vince back in the day...and OMG Piper...he was damn entertaining!

yeah, monsoon and heenan are still the standard of a heel and face tandem. they had some funny stuff going.

TPT
07-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Like I said, I was going to forget people... this is why this thread is open for discussion :)

I did not watch ECW much, if at all.

you better get on youtube. cause watching ecw everyweek was like watching...uhm...something witty!

"Rodz"
07-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Paul Heyman screaming "GOAR, GOAR, GOAR"

JR getting all fired up for steve austin

But my fav is Ventura and Mcmahon, especially when jesse would make fun of "Chito" Santana " You know Macmahon, Its nice Chito could take the day off from the taco stand to wrestle today"

~gymdiva~
07-28-2009, 11:31 AM
omg how much trouble would that pair get into these days!