PDA

View Full Version : dieting and eating out? boston market type places

Darnelle B
07-28-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't eat out because I don't know what they cook with or put in the food....

Well I would eat there if I was not contest prep but since iam I cook all my own shit.

Just wanna know if u guys eat out when dieting for a show?:popcorn:

lomox
07-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Are you in NYC? There are a few great "naked" type places.

Eva's in the Village is great. Then thier spinoff is The Pump (used to be big bodybuilder motif in this joint, but they changed it up a bit - but the food is still very clean and very bber friendly).

Any chineese place will make steamed brocolli. There's a new place by me in Astoria called the Chicken Shack that makes naked grilled chicken using only PAM as a lubricant.

As long as you are nice to the servers you can pretty much get anything you want. Hell I heard Dave even orders 6 whole eggs a Mickey Ds and they hook him up!

Wolfstriked
07-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Wow amazing transformation!!!!

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/platinum18

Darnelle B
07-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Are you in NYC? There are a few great "naked" type places.

Eva's in the Village is great. Then thier spinoff is The Pump (used to be big bodybuilder motif in this joint, but they changed it up a bit - but the food is still very clean and very bber friendly).

Any chineese place will make steamed brocolli. There's a new place by me in Astoria called the Chicken Shack that makes naked grilled chicken using only PAM as a lubricant.

As long as you are nice to the servers you can pretty much get anything you want. Hell I heard Dave even orders 6 whole eggs a Mickey Ds and they hook him up!

I live in yonkers ny. Not to many place that u can get healty food and know what they cooking. Boston market the healtist.lol

Darnelle B
07-28-2009, 05:55 PM

Thanks bro.... the next step is hitting that stage in november. :)

STACEYK
07-28-2009, 05:58 PM
I never do. I have brought my contest prep food to weddings before-when you do it, you have to do IT ALL THE WAY! JMO.

Darnelle B
07-28-2009, 07:13 PM
I never do. I have brought my contest prep food to weddings before-when you do it, you have to do IT ALL THE WAY! JMO.

That how I look at it. Your so right

GirlyMuscle
07-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Applebee's. Get a 7 oz house sirloin with double broccoli. Or cajun tilapia, no rice, double veg. Or Garlic herb Salmon, no garlic butter, hold th rice, double veg.

enrage
07-29-2009, 09:44 AM

Those are very motivating Transformation Pics.

Darnelle B: what did you do to lose that much fat? Palumbo diet?

tammyp
07-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Applebee's. Get a 7 oz house sirloin with double broccoli. Or cajun tilapia, no rice, double veg. Or Garlic herb Salmon, no garlic butter, hold th rice, double veg.

do they use oil on the fish when they cook it?

STACEYK
07-29-2009, 09:55 AM

Hey girl, I know alot of places cater to people watching weight and for health reasons but I still don't trust them. If the cook's in a bad mood and I'm asking my server hold this, don't cook in that, can't have this and she's writing it up and like I said the cook's in a bad mood I can see them now:mad: in the kitchen saying got it! no butter then basting it in it! :eek: sometimes I will tell them I am highly allergic to butter and my throat will constrict and I'll go into a seizure :pjust to make sure they won't do it:p

GirlyMuscle
07-29-2009, 10:06 AM
do they use oil on the fish when they cook it?I don't think so. I'll check this weekend. The fish is actually one of the weight watcher choices so I doubt it.

MashkaNY
07-29-2009, 10:57 AM
i think there are PLEANTY of healthy options at most places, but deff not contest prep. for contest prep if i didnt cook it or my mom in my kitchen, i dont trust it, no taking chances

you deff wont be eating as super clean but i think its ok, like when you order grilled fish and what not in rest's they usually still cook it in oil or marinate it in god knows what ... but still, sometimes eatin gout is worth those few extra calories

plus chain type of places, you can look online at the nutrition,

and best of all living in NY they're OBLIGATED by law now to display estimated calories (notice dunken dounuts and McD's all have this on the boards with the menu in the stores now)

lomox
07-29-2009, 11:26 AM
and best of all living in NY they're OBLIGATED by law now to display estimated calories (notice dunken dounuts and McD's all have this on the boards with the menu in the stores now)

I love this! But it can be misleading. For instance, at the concessions at Yankee Stadium they list cal content. What has the most you ask? A bag of peanuts at I think 1,300! Ironically its probably the healthiest thing on the menu. Peanuts in shell - and I have yet to see someone finish a bag before getting tired of cracking them open.

I definatley would like to see more enforcement of this law too. I have seen some claims that HAVE to be false. I know CBS 2 did a report a month or so ago where they tested alot of foods around town and there were crazy discrepancies. Most were MORE calories than listed (up to 500 MORE!!) and some were less than advertised (again up to 500).

antonbrn
07-29-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't know if it has been mention yet or not, but many restaurants put alot of salt in their foods they serve. This can be bad, if you're on a low salt diet, trust me I know.

MashkaNY
07-29-2009, 12:05 PM
I love this! But it can be misleading. For instance, at the concessions at Yankee Stadium they list cal content. What has the most you ask? A bag of peanuts at I think 1,300! Ironically its probably the healthiest thing on the menu. Peanuts in shell - and I have yet to see someone finish a bag before getting tired of cracking them open.

I definatley would like to see more enforcement of this law too. I have seen some claims that HAVE to be false. I know CBS 2 did a report a month or so ago where they tested alot of foods around town and there were crazy discrepancies. Most were MORE calories than listed (up to 500 MORE!!) and some were less than advertised (again up to 500).
wow its obvious that they'll try to make the numbers look better than they really are but 500 is a pretty big difference! wow

lomox
07-29-2009, 12:18 PM
wow its obvious that they'll try to make the numbers look better than they really are but 500 is a pretty big difference! wow

Yeah nutty.. but obvious. If you see a giant banana bread muffin with walnuts inside and on top listed as 250 calories, something is off. Common sense to me and you, but to average joe on the street, perfectly reasonable. You knew they were going to twist this law into profit somehow. Sad, sad, sad... and we'll all pay for it in the end when our tax $$$ go to treating obesity related illnesses. Makes me sick.

Darnelle B
07-30-2009, 02:43 AM
Those are very motivating Transformation Pics.

Darnelle B: what did you do to lose that much fat? Palumbo diet?

yes palumbo style of dieting

Discipline
07-31-2009, 01:57 PM
I don't think so. I'll check this weekend. The fish is actually one of the weight watcher choices so I doubt it.

Yeah, I doubt it too. I've had it before and it's really good. I noticed something in the broccoli though, not sure if it's a light garlic cream or what. I remeber telling them not to put anything on my broccoli but they still brought it out that way.