PDA

View Full Version : Gym Dues

crashcrew56
07-28-2009, 04:22 PM
How mcu does everyone here pay per month for their gym?

Does anyone pay extra for being a pl, strongman, or oly lifter at their gym?

Does anyone know of any teams that have any extra fees to be on their lifting team?

I ask this because as of today my powerlifting team now has just added an extra $25 a month fee for being on the powerlifting team, and this goes on top of the $25 a month already we already pay. Some of the other guys on the team are a little pissed about it, I don't personally have much of a problem because our team has been growing and I understand that we need to pay for the new equipment we are getting.

What does everyone else think about this?

Mudpro69
07-28-2009, 04:34 PM
CC,

I am frugal, I pat $9.95 per month for my membership to Fitness Connection. It is ok as far as generic gyms go. It has one power cage, two squat racks and DBs up to 150#. The gym also has a wide assortment of machines. The downfall, however, is the price...everyone can afford to join (and they do). To alliviate this I train between 4am and 5am. If you like the place,can afford the dues and it has good motivation I say pay the fees....
Hope this helps....

robert da strongman
07-28-2009, 04:38 PM
train with a friend at his house for strongman.
pay $40 a month at golds.

if it wasnt so far to drive i would go to orlando barbell.

sifferman
07-28-2009, 05:40 PM
I pay around $30 for FLEX gym in Oklahoma City

maximusmac
07-28-2009, 05:57 PM
I get a free membership, cause I whore myself out to the one I go to, A.K.A work for them on saturday and sunday front desk. But they charge 47 a month No pool, no hot tub, But hey management wears suits and ties, and all employees wear black pants and red button up, and the DB go to a whoping 120lbs. and just today I got told not to use the barbell in a dangerious and wrong way (I was doing T-rows in the corner).

the shit one does for free membership I feel so drity.

toddbz
07-28-2009, 06:05 PM
$20 for Power House in Rancho Cordova. We have a seperate part of the gym for Oly/PL/SM stuff and also parking lot access if we want

BrotherIron
07-28-2009, 09:37 PM
SS and I train for free at Coffee's b/c she is part of Team Coffee's and I do all their photography. I may join the team at some point if I can get my left shoulder flexibility back.

We have a membership at LA Fitness also to use their cardio equipment but we got the hook up on that as well. We're friends with the regional manager so he gave SS a membership where she can bring in 2 guests every time and has nationwide access for $380/yr.

SallyAnne
07-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I pay $200 a year.

robert da strongman
07-28-2009, 09:57 PM
the best thing i ever did was invest 10 grand into my own equipment. sadly i left or sold most of it when i moved.

crashcrew56
07-28-2009, 10:38 PM
SS and I train for free at Coffee's b/c she is part of Team Coffee's and I do all their photography. I may join the team at some point if I can get my left shoulder flexibility back.

That's completly backwards from my gym, I pay more because I'm part of the team. What do most members a Coffees pay?

ANADROLicfreak
07-28-2009, 10:40 PM
i pay 40$ a month.which for my gym is way too much.

sweetjane57
07-28-2009, 10:51 PM
$150/year @ Lance's
$150/year @ Pump's

you can check out the gyms in the vid section on my site if you even care.

For male's at Lance's it is $200 though.

BOTH, NO CONTRACTS!

BrotherIron
07-29-2009, 12:42 AM
That's completly backwards from my gym, I pay more because I'm part of the team. What do most members a Coffees pay?

LOL, well remember if you make the Team all your costs are covered. That includes, shoes, equipment, airfare, hotel, food, massages, etc.

Coffee's is a private gym bud. It's an invite gym basically. John is friends with just about everyone there and all the Oly lifters there compete for him. There are only 40 or so members in there. He isn't about trying to make money off anyone. He has the gym for athletes and b/c he enjoys training people and seeing them succeed.

crashcrew56
07-29-2009, 12:51 AM
That does make sense

Curt James
07-29-2009, 12:56 AM
How much does everyone here pay per month for their gym?

Does anyone pay extra for being a pl, strongman, or oly lifter at their gym?

Does anyone know of any teams that have any extra fees to be on their lifting team?

I'm paying $8.25 per month at Planet Fitness in Harrisburg and $20 per month at the Gold's Gym in Carlisle. The Gold's membership is reciprocal and there's one in Harrisburg, but I haven't trained there yet. So, all told, $28.25 per month. (Yeah, and I handled that addition without a calculator!)

Or $339 per year. (Uh, used calculator for that one. :rolleyes:)

I ask this because as of today my powerlifting team now has just added an extra $25 a month fee for being on the powerlifting team, and this goes on top of the $25 a month already we already pay. Some of the other guys on the team are a little pissed about it, I don't personally have much of a problem because our team has been growing and I understand that we need to pay for the new equipment we are getting.

What does everyone else think about this?

If you can afford it and you think it's worth it then you're good to go.

How large is your team? And I'd want to see some equipment purchases being made or I'd suspect someone just found a way to milk some bucks out of a segment of the gym's population who/that/which (f*** grammar) happen/s (F*** GRAMMAR) to be interested in a popular sport.

BrotherIron
07-29-2009, 01:16 AM
That does make sense

It also makes everyone there like family which is awesome. In all my years of training in different gyms I have never felt such a feeling of belonging like I do at Coffee's.

Squid
07-29-2009, 06:04 AM
£23.50, my gym has a smith rack that is like a freeweight squat rack, a MMA ring, 3 rackless benches, 1 racked bench, plenty of machines no special ones like a hack squat machine :(, no bands nor chains, there are no powerlifting teams just me and my brother, it has a pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room

buckimscl
07-29-2009, 08:24 AM
I pay 20 a month and I also have a YMCA membership for the family that cost 49.00 a month. The company I work for gives me back 300 a year though so it doesn't cost as much to be healthy.

marcusmucheck
07-29-2009, 09:06 AM
the ymca it was around $30 a month
dirty gym in wv i payed anywhere from $30- $50 monthly
sorges "ironworks" $30 a month
wellness center $ i think $60-75 monthly
westside barbell- free

i live on an airforce base now and there are 4 gyms on base for free- they have mostly bodybuilding equipment.

smj091977
07-29-2009, 10:27 AM
I pay membership dues in our FOP Lodge. Our FOP bought about a grand worth of equipment about 5-6 years. We started with a Squat rack, 300 lbs olympic set, some DBs up to 65s, a adjustable bench without a rack. I bought some more Olympic weights, a set of 45s and a set of 25s and the FOP found another rack geared for bench press. One of our sgts had a son working for a golds when they were "refurbishing" a powerhouse gym. We got over a ton(literally) of extra weights, a few cardio pieces, larger DBs up to 100s, a leg press and nautilus leg curl. We have it all in a 20x20 "guest house." I have 24/7 access for about a dollar a month.

robert da strongman
07-29-2009, 11:39 AM
$150/year @ Lance's
$150/year @ Pump's

you can check out the gyms in the vid section on my site if you even care.

For male's at Lance's it is $200 though.

BOTH, NO CONTRACTS!

Lance has one BADASS gym!

enrage
07-29-2009, 12:00 PM
25$ to train at a private gym in the backroom of a Brazilian Jujitsu dojo. has everything and i get to train alone since no one's there when i go.

sweetjane57
07-29-2009, 12:18 PM
Lance has one BADASS gym!

:headbang:
He's a BADASS himself! USPF Powerlifting National Champion!!!! He also won BEST LIFTERhttp://images.freewebs.com/Images/Smilies/Round/biggrin.gif He had a 936 SQUAT, 661 BENCH, and a 744 DEADLIFT!

robert da strongman
07-29-2009, 12:20 PM
:headbang:
He's a BADASS himself! USPF Powerlifting National Champion!!!! He also won BEST LIFTERhttp://images.freewebs.com/Images/Smilies/Round/biggrin.gif He had a 936 SQUAT, 661 BENCH, and a 744 DEADLIFT!

met him briefly at chicago's strongest man in 2008
cool dude

crashcrew56
07-29-2009, 01:17 PM
If you can afford it and you think it's worth it then you're good to go.

How large is your team? And I'd want to see some equipment purchases being made or I'd suspect someone just found a way to milk some bucks out of a segment of the gym's population who/that/which (f*** grammar) happen/s (F*** GRAMMAR) to be interested in a popular sport.

I can afford it, we have about 15 on our team right now. We definetly have been getting new equipment, they just ordered a second monolift, we just got 2 prowler sleds, we also go through a good amount of chalk and nose tork. Not to mention the bands need replacing from time to time and the bars get bent from time to time, so those need replaceing too

toddbz
07-29-2009, 01:38 PM
LOL, well remember if you make the Team all your costs are covered. That includes, shoes, equipment, airfare, hotel, food, massages, etc.

Coffee's is a private gym bud. It's an invite gym basically. John is friends with just about everyone there and all the Oly lifters there compete for him. There are only 40 or so members in there. He isn't about trying to make money off anyone. He has the gym for athletes and b/c he enjoys training people and seeing them succeed.

Where does the funding come from then? I mean just in equipment alone that's some cheddar!

Curt James
07-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I can afford it, we have about 15 on our team right now. We definetly have been getting new equipment, they just ordered a second monolift, we just got 2 prowler sleds, we also go through a good amount of chalk and nose tork. Not to mention the bands need replacing from time to time and the bars get bent from time to time, so those need replaceing too

Fifteen members paying $25 per month is $4500 per year.

Stuff's expensive from my perspective:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=301
http://www.irongladiators.com/index.cfm?page=equipment.cfm

The new equipment is going to pique interest in your group from other members, eh?

Sounds like you have a great gym and they're putting the money to good use. :beerbang:

Ninja Loco
07-29-2009, 02:26 PM
$30 dollars a year at Texas Gym in Dallas. Free at Rough House Gym in Mesquite because I bring him members and also work with him with the boot camps. Otherwise it would be $15 dollars a month.

But these are the 2 most hardcore gyms in Texas, even more so than Metroflex, with Rough House having at least 8 Nautilus machines and a separate heavy bag area for boxing cardio and workouts. Girlymuscle has trained with me at Texas Gym and Ctrl has trained with me at Rough House.

BrotherIron
07-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Where does the funding come from then? I mean just in equipment alone that's some cheddar!

lol, yall don't know about John do ya? John Coffee's family has a county named after them. He is a multimillionaire so money isn't an issue when it comes to his athletes.

Makes you want to switch over to Oly Lifting doesn't it, lol.

The thing with John is though, he is really only interested in his woman's team. He feels that men have to much of an ego and don't listen so he focuses on the women. We have 2-3 men on the team and we have 6 women on the team.

robert da strongman
07-29-2009, 05:33 PM
lol, yall don't know about John do ya? John Coffee's family has a county named after them. He is a multimillionaire so money isn't an issue when it comes to his athletes.

The thing with John is though, he is really only interested in his woman's team. He feels that men have to much of an ego and don't listen so he focuses on the women. We have 2-3 men on the team and we have 6 women on the team.

i would listen!

BrotherIron
07-29-2009, 06:30 PM
i would listen!

It's to bad that you're not a woman. Than you'd get his undivided attention, lol.

He just doesn't care about training men. He isn't even taking a big interest in Caleb Williams (who happens to hold a WR squat for his weight and was a world caliber PLer who transitioned and is now a Oly Lifter).

Caleb has been training with at the Bulgarian Training Center alot this year b/c of that.

toddbz
07-29-2009, 07:29 PM

Ahhhh got it.

Hell yeah it makes me want to switch. I've never claimed to be a 'bodybuilder' lol
Yeah where I'm from we don't even say yall HEHE

i would listen!

Yeah no kidding huh!
With all that given to them, people still screw off?

BrotherIron
07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Ahhhh got it.

Hell yeah it makes me want to switch. I've never claimed to be a 'bodybuilder' lol
Yeah where I'm from we don't even say yall HEHE

Well where I'm from neither do we but living in the South does rub off on you from time to time, lol. You definitely won't here me ever saying that in person.

Yeah no kidding huh!
With all that given to them, people still screw off?

Of course. There will always be ego's in every sport, even in Oly Lifting. He has just found it to be more prevalent in men than women. Men seem to think they always know it all after they've been training for a couple of years.

realmccoy
08-19-2009, 09:03 PM
$32.00 a month at Golds Gym and my second gym is my home gym which has better powerlifting gear than Golds.

powerbeast
10-04-2009, 11:08 PM
I was paying 36/month. It just raised to 40/month.

artificialaspirations
10-04-2009, 11:30 PM
25/month no contract