PDA

View Full Version : BEAUTY SCHOOL - Q&A w/ Elise Firestone of Cosmetic Artistry

sba220
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
LADIES (and Gentleman I guess) - here is your chance to ask the beautiful Elise Firestone how to get your hair, make-up, tan, and all that jazz ready to hit the stage. Don't forget the details!

Elise
02-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Hi Ladies & Gents!
WELCOME TO BEAUTY SCHOOL!! I am hear to answer all your questions regarding skincare, makeup, hair, tanning and needs. From your everyday basic look to competition glam.

I'm here to tell you! Is it really worth forking out the dough for that $200 Creme de la Mer Cream or does a $7.99 bottle of Avena from CVS work just aswell????

Have a competition that you need to look fabulous for? RELAX, and let ME take care of all your beauty needs from tanning, makeup, hair needs.
And for you Gents out there, the answer is YES I can tan you too, so put that sock on, relax and let me do all the work (with my airbrush machine, that is)!

You ask and I'll answer! So, feel free to ask away. And don't forget to visit my personal website at elisefirestone.com

xoxo elise

Angela123
02-09-2009, 11:12 PM
hi elise. thanks so much for this thread. i look forward to following along and hearing all your tips and answers.

Elise
02-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks Ondrea! I'm excited to be apart apart of the womens forums

AmyLynn
02-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Welcome Elise!

Elise
02-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Thanks Amy Lynn, I'm glad to see you on here:) Are you competing anytime soon?

Elise
02-10-2009, 05:21 PM
3 fabulous beauty finds that won't break the bank

$ 7.99 Loreal Sublime Tanning Spray:

Great for an Instant Tan. Compared to a $30 dollar mystic tan, or $10 or more unhealthy tanning bed

$4.99 CVS Brand Ointment:

Get those hands nice and smooth. Use this product on chapped skin caused from the harsh cold weather. Smooth over skin at bedtime, and voila wake up with nice and smooth hands. (used regularly, ofcourse) Plus, unlike regular hand lotion it won't burn that dry skin.

7.49 Loreal Volumous Mascara:

As opposed to department store mascara which can cost $20 or more. Mascara should be replaced every month, to keep those lashes healthy, and clump-free.

Do you have your fabulous finds that won't break the bank??? Do tell:)

AmyLynn
02-11-2009, 04:28 AM
Thanks Amy Lynn, I'm glad to see you on here:) Are you competing anytime soon?

Yes, I'll be making my switch to fitness this year. First I need to qualify at a NQ here in TX and then I'm off to Jr Nat'ls. When are you making your big bikini debut?

Elise
02-11-2009, 07:32 AM
I think at the Metro . Thats awesome girlie!!!, I can't wait to see !

sba220
02-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Elise -

Do you think I would place better if I matched my posing trunks to my eye color. Colette thinks that is a great idea.

Elise
02-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Well, I think if we add just a bit of shimmer to your inner lid we will make you pop onstage even more:)
lol
elise

sba220
02-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Well, I think if we add just a bit of shimmer to your inner lid we will make you pop onstage even more:)
lol
elise

I didnt even know I had an inner lid. Great, now I have something else to worry about.

Elise
02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Glam it up on Valentines Day! Even if your single (like me lol)

5 ways to glam it up to look extra HOT!
-Add False Lashes
-Wear a lipcolor you normally don't wear
-Add some body to hair, by using curlers
-Polish those nails red
-Add some lace

Susan-Marie Smith
02-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Hey, Elise!
Great to see you here. I look forward to your beauty tips! And please...don't forget your black, brown, indian, asian, and other multicultural competitors!:)
Makeup can be a little trickier for us...

Elise
02-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey Carrie,
U rock, thank you so much, that is a great point! I will be sure to include tips that can't help those of every shade. Feel free to ask away as well. Any comps coming up?

PJ BRAUN
02-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey Carrie,
U rock, thank you so much, that is a great point! I will be sure to include tips that can't help those of every shade. Feel free to ask away as well. Any comps coming up?
Hey Elise! Stopping by to show some love!

ABOBO
02-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Hi Elise, is it true that the men need to get naked for a show tan. im a bit nervous. :-(

Gunz
02-14-2009, 07:50 AM
Welcome Elise. Have any great hair products for very fine and thinning hair?

Elise
02-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Hi PJ, Its great to see you on here. Tell evan and nicole I say hello:)

Hi Abobo: Well...........lol there is something magical in the land of bodybuilding for men, and its not too expensive either, its called (THE SOCK) LOL. Yes, it is going to be your friend. Me and Colette Nelson (who also does airbrushing ) use this tool for men. To get that awesome looking, flawless stage looking tan you most "be naked". The best advice I can give you is too close your eyes and think of the big trophy you are going to win because you look fabulous onstage.

Gunz Hey sexy girl! Some of my favorite thickening agents are Bumble & Bumble thickening cream. Its a styling product.
Also try in your local store NEXUS. They have a line for repair. It might be something to add in a few times a/week just to start repairing.

So does everyone have a sexy date tonight? it's vday

Mr G
02-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Elise the victoria secret what is the best cologne to attract women,also what is the best thing for a mans skin and what is the sexy thing i could wear that will drive the women wild,also what do gislrs like to here us tell them how beautiful they are or how there shoes look,
we could use all the help we can get

never give up!
Never give up!
Never give up!

Tiki
02-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi Elise,

Is there a product or remedy to reduce under eye puffiness?
At one time I used the Roc eye cream but, I don't recall there being a noticeable reduction.

Elise
02-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey girlie, Well, I'm a big fan of cucumbers. Its such an old school remedy but they feel really smoothing on the eyes. Also green tea bags. I haven't yet to find a miracle cream yet. but I will say I do like MAC's eye cream it's super smooth especially for dry areas.

sba220
02-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey girlie, Well, I'm a big fan of cucumbers. Its such an old school remedy but they feel really smoothing on the eyes. Also green tea bags. I haven't yet to find a miracle cream yet. but I will say I do like MAC's eye cream it's super smooth especially for dry areas.

I use cucumbers every night - its how I stay so radiant.

Elise
02-17-2009, 01:16 PM
I was wondering why you have this radiant glow about you .

Melissa
02-17-2009, 02:28 PM
I was wondering why you have this radiant glow about you .

He's just radio active.

Elise
02-17-2009, 02:48 PM
lol yeh I think so too Melissa

Elise
02-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi Ladies, I know a few of you were asking what is the best way to cover up a tattoo. Well this product rocks!!!! No lie, I have a tattoo on the back of my neck as well as my lower back. I had used this for the Miss CT/Miss USA pageant this year. And trust me, those judges are a lot more picky about tattoos!!!
Hope this helps. xoxoxo elise

CM beauty Tattoo coverup

Tiki
02-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Hi Elise, thanks for the tips. I've done the cucumbers many times but, I've never tried the tea bags - I'll be sure to let'cha know if it helps.

Btw, do you have any pics of your tattoo while it's covered by the CM Beauty Tattoo Coverup? If so, I'd love to see how well it works.

Elise
02-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Hey girly, I don't think I have any pictures that I specifically took to see the difference but no joke this stuff is serious. My tattoo on the back of my neck is a huge purple flower. I wore my hair up for the interview portion of the pageant. But, I can I will try to find someone and take a before and after pic for you to see the difference
So stay tuned I'll do an example 4 ya:)

Elise
02-22-2009, 10:44 PM
MorocconOil
This stuff works great! Leaveshair so healthy & smooth!

Tiki
02-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Do you have your fabulous finds that won't break the bank??? Do tell :)

I used to spend a fortune on Makeup and beauty supplies - Borghese, Chanel, Dior, Lancome, Mac, Shiseido,....and the list goes on! Nowadays, I am a total bargain shopper - always hunting for great values and deals.

Elizabeth Arden makes one of the most incredible moisturizer *imo* The "Visible Difference Refining Moisture Cream Complex". www.elizabetharden.com (http://www.elizabetharden.com) sells it online for $52.00 per jar (2.5 oz). Well, if you're a Costco member you can buy TWO 2.5oz jars for under $40.00 (they're sold together in a package of two).

Also, my favorite inexpensive moisturizer is by L'oreal - the "Active Daily Moisture" (for all skin type) 4oz bottle. It sells for less than 6 bucks at walmart.

Elise
02-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Tiki you rock thats good stuff to know. I'm all about finding bargains.

Elise
02-25-2009, 08:28 PM
SO, who's competing this year? What shows?

I am beginning to book my shows for this year. As some of you know I love getting girls looking beautiful to rock the stage with hair, makeup and tanning. I have worked on over 100 girls from amatuers to pro's, and I offer affordable pricing.

For more information on the services I offer visit my website at

www.elisefirestone.com

Heather Grace
02-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Hi Elise,

Do you know of any deoderants that are "safe" with tanning product (Jan Tana in particular)?

Thanks,
Heather

BILLY GUNS
02-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi Elise,

Do you know of any deoderants that are "safe" with tanning product (Jan Tana in particular)?

Thanks,
Heather

Just curious why you need a deodorant whit the smell of HotStuff and Pam and all the other crap are you really worried about a little B.O.?

Heather Grace
02-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Just curious why you need a deodorant whit the smell of HotStuff and Pam and all the other crap are you really worried about a little B.O.?

Ummm- yeah! - Aren't you? ;)
Also, I've never used Pam and what the hell is HotStuff?:confused:

Elise
03-01-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey Heather, Thats a good question girlie. I like using an airosol, and then just tanning over that. Just be sure that it's not turning the color of the tan. Its tricky, but trial and error. Def stay away from white deotorants and gel.

Pam is used for the shine before you go onstage- NEVER USE IT m it's so greasy Yuck.
Hotstuff is a product that is okay to have a shine before you go onstage. But honestly, Jantana's Glaze is something I highly recommend. A little goes a long way.
xo elise

Elise
03-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi Billy guns, I'm glad to stopped in to visit. I'm all about covering that tanning stink. yuck, thats' just not hot.

Angela123
03-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Happy birthday!!!!!

stephaniewicked
03-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Hey Elise!

I'm competing in the new NPC bikini division in april and I have a few large tattoos... I was going to go with another camouflage product until I saw your post about CM. Do you recommend that for use under JanTana? I've used Dermabland in the past for coverup, but this is my first competition, so I'm not sure how that would work with competition color. I've also heard that ColorTration is highly effective and works well with JanTana, but the CM kit appears to be larger and I may need more product to cover more area...

Also, I've been using Loreal's Voluminous mascara for years. It's my absolute favorite! Anytime I experiment with anything else, I'm disappointed so now I just stick with it. Great recommendation!!

xox.
-Steph

Elise
03-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Hey sweetie, Well the CM hide my tattoo perfectly, it's a pretty large area. I think it's all trial and error. But personally, I'd recommend CM coverup (darkest color) first then use your jantana color then use the CM coverup again if need be layer.
xo elise

Elise
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey Ondrea, thanks for the bday wishes

stephaniewicked
03-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Hey sweetie, Well the CM hide my tattoo perfectly, it's a pretty large area. I think it's all trial and error. But personally, I'd recommend CM coverup (darkest color) first then use your jantana color then use the CM coverup again if need be layer.
xo elise

Thanks, love! I thought I needed to match my natural skin color and apply the tan over that... glad I asked! Hope I match the colors up correctly!

Elise
03-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Loving this. I found this right in Trader Joes for $6.99 Smells awesome and leaves skin soft, and smooth.

Found in the Bath isle
Name: Purify : Tangerine Sugar Scrub

ripcurlgirl
03-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Elise,
This is a funny question to ask, but do women put vasaline on their teeth for the stage for an easier smile?

GirlyMuscle
03-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Elise,

Can you give us your opinions on over 40 skincare products that are OTC? I can't afford Estee Lauder $100 bottles of night cream, etc.

Thanks!

stephaniewicked
03-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Hey Elise, I just saw that you're going to be at the East Coast Pre-Contest Mini Camp with Dr. Joe K. in NJ on April 18th!

Look forward to meeting and speaking with you there! :)

Northman
03-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Whats the best way to prevent acne at 25...still get a little bit.

sba220
03-28-2009, 01:25 AM
I heard you use this to get in those "special" areas to get the hair off...is that true?

Elise
03-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi Ladies,
Ripcurl girl: Nope never did the vaseline thing. I do use the crest white strips those:P

GirlyMuscle: What kind of product are you looking for? Maybe I can recommend something that is suitable that is OTC:)

Northman: Occasional Facials given by a dermatologist atleast every couple of months is an excellent way to keep your face looking clean and fresh. In the meantime use products that are going to keep your face clean and free from dirt and grime. A good cleanser is always helpful

StephanieWicked= Great looking forward to seeing you on the 18th

Dros: u most be a latenight info junkie, where have you used this before? on those lovely legs of yours?

GirlyMuscle
03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Over 40 skin...starting to get dry. I also want to minimize and prevent aging issues...lines, wrinkles. I currently use Oil of Olay's regenerist line.

stephaniewicked
03-28-2009, 01:50 PM
I've heard excellent reviews about Tri-Aktiline for fine lines and wrinkles: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/skincare/antiaging/PRD~211040/TRIAKTILINE+Instant+Deep+Wrinkle+Filler.jsp

Elise, do you have any experience with clients using that product?

Elise
03-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey Stephanie, I've never heard of that product before, I'll have to do some research.

Girly Muscle: I really like La Roche posey products, they used to be found only through dermatologist offices now they sell them at rite aid.

sba220
03-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Hey Stephanie, I've never heard of that product before, I'll have to do some research.

Girly Muscle: I really like La Roche posey products, they used to be found only through dermatologist offices now they sell them at rite aid.

If they sell it at Rite Aid it must be good.

Elise
03-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Dros its not bad, it's a unisex product so even that cute face of urs can handle it

Northman
03-29-2009, 08:18 PM
So, Elise. Why are you still single?

Elise
03-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Who says I'm single .lol

Northman
03-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Who says I'm single .lol

I dunno I saw a video of you and you said in the vid you where... so yep. Single.

I just can't figure out with a face like yours..unfuckingbelievable.;)

sba220
03-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Didnt she say she was seeing someone in that video?

Northman
03-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Didnt she say she was seeing someone in that video?

No sir.

Elise
03-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Hey Northman, Which video lol
well there isn't a ring on my finger yet, but you could say I am seeing someone who does strike my fancy.

Northman
03-31-2009, 03:53 AM
Hey Northman, Which video lol
well there isn't a ring on my finger yet, but you could say I am seeing someone who does strike my fancy.

Hmm couldn't find the exact one I was looking for...but I did find this one so forget I said anything.:rolleyes:

OIFo9G7k1eA

Elise
03-31-2009, 07:44 AM
LOL oh yeh this one.........uhhhh

sba220
03-31-2009, 10:58 AM
I thought this thread was about beauty....

Northman
03-31-2009, 02:47 PM
I thought this thread was about beauty....

I'm just a fan showing support.:)

Northman
03-31-2009, 02:49 PM
LOL oh yeh this one.........uhhhh

What's so funny? :popcorn:

Elise
03-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Awww thanks for the support much appreciated!

Northman
03-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Awww thanks for the support much appreciated!

This is all I get for being a fan?:(:(

Elise
04-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Ways to cut corners without giving up on looking hot!. Damn Competing is expensive $$$$$ so here a just a few things you can do to save some bucks on beauty.

Do it yourself : Pedicure
1: Soak those feet in a nice hot bath with some body wash for bubbles
2) Add some rose petals to the water (just ask a flower shop for 1 single rose)
2: Snip cuticles, and file to the desired length
4) Buff the bottom of the rough heels by purchasing at CVS a sole buffer
5) Scrub from knee up with any kind of exfoliater ( you can even make your own recipe with epson salts)
6) Massage feet with lotion (okay, find your hubby or boy toy to do it, so you can enjoy this part)
7) Paint your toes with a frenchy (white tips and clear, or light shaded polish)
8) Voila, You just saved yourself some extra dough!

Elise
04-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Just wanted to give you beauties an update from this past weekends show. Suits are sparking and lips are glossing. Make sure you girls are booking your makeup and hair appointment for your shows. We all gotta look hot!

stephaniewicked
04-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Any recommendations for fake lashes that look great and will stay glued all day? I'm looking to get some for my show next week.

Z33ACV2
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey Elise... Happy Belated Birthday... :) and congrats on your placing.. :)

I will definitely try the home pedicure this weekend... :)

Elise
04-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey girlies, try ardell lashes in CVS, thanks sweetie for the bday wishes and congrats. When am I gonna c ya?
xo elise

MashkaNY
04-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Just wanted to give you beauties an update from this past weekends show. Suits are sparking and lips are glossing. Make sure you girls are booking your makeup and hair appointment for your shows. We all gotta look hot!
thats you??? i had a feeling!

you looked awesome on stage i have to say i was confused and pissed off you didnt win... (and i dont know you or had any idea who you are before the show lollll)

but seriously you had like no competition up there i duno wtf these judges wanted :confused::confused::confused:

MashkaNY
04-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Hi Elise,

so for show makeup, im thinking of hitting up Ricky's and getting some Ben Nye foundation, or maybe this company called Kryolan

what do you think of those?

Elise
04-18-2009, 08:22 PM
lol Thanks sweetie,
That was me we all look different under those lights and all that color. U are way advanced girlfriend in terms of beauty school. both those brands are fantastic! So when am I gonna see you rocking the stage?
elise

MashkaNY
04-18-2009, 08:30 PM
oh really?!?! YEY! thank you .. and i LOVE the prices (least for Ben Bye... havent found the other brand online but im buying it in ricky's anyways)

Its going to be my 1st show next saturday, INBF natural competition.... I signed up for figure... but i cant leave that stage w out doing a normal back pose, so now i decided to do Ms Fit body as well hehehe..

by the way love your lists of drug store brands that work just as well. I agree on the loreal mascara

Elise
04-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Be sure to check out my new site www.elisefirestone.com its launching MONDAY:) xoxo elise

SadFatty
04-20-2009, 04:18 PM
I have really uneven skin. Very blotchy and red in places. Do you know of a good skin care line to even this out. It's almost like Rosacea but not quite as intense. what can I do for this?

Elise
04-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Askincare line that is going to be gentle enough for your skin. Obviously you know that alcohol, spicy foods, and heat are all factors that contribute to Rosacea. I recommend cetaphil to most of my clients. But I am going to be carrying a ling of products that do cater towards your skin condition. But for now stick with something gentle, and a good foundation to even out skin.

Northman
04-20-2009, 11:44 PM
New site is not up yet..

**blondie**
04-21-2009, 03:44 PM
anyone ... what will take this protan off??? i'm splotchy... look like i have a skin disease

Elise
04-21-2009, 09:59 PM
:( working out the kinks of the new site,

Taking any tan offer keep scrubbing with a good exfoliator

Northman
04-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Elise have u ever considered bodybuilding?

P.S get on yahoo and add me holla

kell
04-25-2009, 07:09 AM
my Q is to hide stretch marks at contest day how do i do that for male? i don't wanna use dream tan and what do you think about tattoo covering cream do you think it will cover stretch marks? thanks.

Elise
04-26-2009, 12:01 AM
lol bodybuilding lol. I just placed 1st at the NPC Bikini mets and 2nd at the FItness Atlantic Show in Bikini. I think I have to stick with what whats with my body structure.

Kell: Stretch marks can't be seen from onstage trust me. So not too worrry no need to cover up . Just tan like you would.
xo elise

GENESIS
04-27-2009, 12:42 PM
i started reading the butt implant thread, and stopped not even halfway through... and anyone who needs their women to come and argue for them should definatly get banned.

Elise
04-27-2009, 10:18 PM
wowo I didn't read that but thats just not right lol SQUATS thats a good enough butte implant

Elise
04-28-2009, 01:02 AM
ITS UP! finally
www.elisefirestone.com

Elise
04-28-2009, 10:26 PM
So who's competing ? When and where and whats we doing for hair and makeup?

stephaniewicked
04-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Congrats on the new site, sweets! Looks good!!

~gymdiva~
04-28-2009, 11:35 PM
ok I hope this wasn't covered somewhere but I have hazel eyes (green/brown) and have found the whole using purple shades truly does bring out the green shade which I love...but I have one big problem: dark circles that never go away...I conceal them as best I can but I never can seem to fully hide them and sometimes if I'm not careful I pick up the green in the eyes AND the purple in the circles!

is there something you recommend for optimal undereye coverage (and yes I do have those fine lines like crazy, too) or is there maybe another color I can try to help bring out the eye color?

Elise
04-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Thanks girly,

yes try this I use there tattoo coverup it's awesome, they make something for burns and undereye circles (covermark)

~gymdiva~
05-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks girly,

yes try this I use there tattoo coverup it's awesome, they make something for burns and undereye circles (covermark)

who does? covermark? is that the brand? the name?

and nothing on the colors?

Elise
05-04-2009, 10:05 PM
Thats the name. They have certain colors. I would call and speak to one of the representatives she can point you in the correct order for color:)

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
05-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi Elise,

Is there a product or remedy to reduce under eye puffiness?
At one time I used the Roc eye cream but, I don't recall there being a noticeable reduction.

hemorrhoid cream. Ironically.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
05-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Any recommendations for fake lashes that look great and will stay glued all day? I'm looking to get some for my show next week.

Steph, us duo lash clear adhesive under the lashes, hold in place until dry, then apply the clear liquid over top thin layer. Mine stay in tact 12+ hours.

Z33ACV2
05-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey Elise,

I was wondering I'm going to compete in 4 weeks...what do you think about the ultra1 color from Jantana... is it a good product? and the Tattoo Cover Creme and Corrector Palette from jantana?

Elise
05-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Hey girlie, yeh I I like the Ultra 1 it's new but works fab. I've never worked with her tattoo cream palette but if its from Jan it most be good.

Puffiness hmmmm. I use something from Vivant pharmaceuticals, i've found it to work the best. But, you can even try using a great coverup concealer. I really like Makeup forever there pallets has a greenish color and a variety of others so blend inn well.

Elise
05-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Anyone interested in learning about makeup? Come join my class! For more info contact me at elisefiresttone.com

RealLilSwole
06-02-2009, 04:58 AM
WHat is the proper way to apply false lashes? Thanks in advance!

Elise
06-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Well it's always tricky applying those lashes on your own. For starters patience and practice! First off you don't need to buy expensive ones a good brand like ardell $3.99 from CVS/drug store works great. Duo glue (highly recommend, to keep those falsies on)
I am going to write out some directions for ya and have them posted up.

tight booty
06-04-2009, 03:38 AM
Elise, I am interested in tinting my own eyelashes but have never done it. To purchase the kit would be so much cheaper than going to a beauty salon and I could do it in the convience of my own home. Is it hard to do this by yourself? Or should I just keep paying someone else to do this?

RealLilSwole
06-06-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks Elise! I appreciate that very much!

Elise
06-08-2009, 08:47 PM
http://thebeautybunny.com/how-to-apply-fake-eyelashes/

plug this link inn, but I like ardell lashes there just a good as MAC

As far as tinting lashes, I used to work in a salon where we did. It's pretty easy to do yourself but maybe try a dark brown or black mascara to darken those lashes USe 2-3 coats to fluff them up:)

Elise
06-08-2009, 08:56 PM
15 girls for hair and makeup. Wow it was an early But I love making competitors look beautiful:)5am

Elise
06-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Don't be a chemist and start mixing colors .....please!!! I can't believe how many people are trying to make the "perfect" color for tans. Just use what works best.

wolverine565
07-22-2009, 12:12 AM
What can I do to get rid of blackheads on my back. I take a shot of test ( HRT ) every 2 weeks. A couple days after the shot the acne and blackheads flare up and taper of as i get closer to the next shot. My wife cleans my back every couple days and I have a back scrubber that I use every day with neutrogena body wash. Please help.

Elise
07-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Exfoliate your back by using a good scrub. I am a huge fan of something called Vivant Pharmaceuticals, I use it and sell it when I do facials and peels They having something called buffing grains aswell as fitness pads with glycolic acid to clean debris.
For spots that get a little sore tea tree oil will help heal that area and dry it out.

gymprincess
08-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Elise will you be at North Americas??? I submitted a booking request on your website. I am a figure gal who knows how important it is to look glam for my national debut:-)

Elise
08-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Hey girly. I will not be at the north americans :( I am in the process of putting together a schedule of shows that I will be at.

Elise
08-12-2009, 10:02 PM
FABULOUS BEAUTY FINDS:)

1) Nail tiques: This product rocks add protein right to the nail, keep them strong
2) Chi Hair Straighter: Yes, it is a little pricey but , love it! It does the job, unlike those cheap ones that seem to not work so great
3) VIvant Pharmaceuticals: Buffing grains. (I love this product!!) it's like a microdermabrasion product u can do right at your own home.

Elise
09-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Don't Leave the house without????
Ladies what products do you shove in your gym bag that you just can't live without? Do tell?

MsGuns
09-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Elise, CONGRATS in TOP 5 @ Team U! Will you be doing Nats?

Elise
09-25-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks girlie, nope no nationals for me this year. I'm taking a long break. I am introducing a line of bikini's to my website and am in the midst of opening a beauty makeup room in NY:)
I will be working at more shows this year proving hair and makeup services and setting girls up with photoshoots:)

shana
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey Elise,

-I wanted to know what self -tanner you recommend for the year, that looks good and easy to apply?
-What is your opinion on using a self-tanner for the face? If you think it is cool, do you have any recommendations.
-What shampoo, conditioner do you recommend for color treated hair, and is there any that TRULY help hair grow and/or get thicker?
-So what is your plan for this season work, life?

Thanks it was great chilling you at Team U. fyi it is Heather.

Elise
09-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Hey Girlie:) It was so good to see u 2:) Self tanners. Well I am a big fan of airbrush tanning. I have my own tent and tanning/makeup studio right in my apartment. So... u are always welcome to swing on by. I find that self tanners tend to be un natural but if anything tan-towels are decent, if u can't get airbrushed.

As far as shampoo and conditioner goes. Im a big fan of Loreal the professional line and also Redkin. they products are great to protect color. Nioxin is great for helping hair to re-grow, but I absolutly love products such as Marocoon oil. They are so fabulous at making hair so silky and smooth.

Hope this helps chica.

I will be hitting a bunch of shows , and am working on creating my makeup studio. I've paired up with 3 of my favorite photographers so if u or you know anyone who needs pictures done, I am now setting people up with shoots. Find me on facebook girlie, and check out the shoot I just did for the IFBB Angela Mraz for a new MHP ad.

shana
10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Will the nioxin strip color from my hair? If you recommend both how would I do it, use the color products one day and nioxin the next? what are your thoughts on facial toners? what do you recommend for face cleanser, exfoliant, eye cream?

Z33ACV2
10-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks girlie, nope no nationals for me this year. I'm taking a long break. I am introducing a line of bikini's to my website and am in the midst of opening a beauty makeup room in NY:)
I will be working at more shows this year proving hair and makeup services and setting girls up with photoshoots:)

Hey Elise,

Congrats on your placing at Team U.. :)

Where are you going to have your beauty makeup room in NY? Are you going to be doing facials in the beauty room?

Elise
10-01-2009, 09:37 PM
A facial bed is sure to come. I am in the midst of setting it up in Long Island NY right where I live. For those out of towners (girls) can come stay with me if they are traveling from afar. I'm working very closely with 3 fabulous photograghers setting firls up with shoots and styling packages. Are you on fb? Be sure to check out my fan page. I just finished a MHP shoot with new IFBB pro Angela Mraz pics are posted.

Any upcoming events for u hun?

Z33ACV2
10-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I saw the pictures on your webpage... Nice!!

I have something coming up... ;)

Elise
10-02-2009, 06:56 PM
hmm.. Oct 17th give me the details girly where in CT

shana
10-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey elise, you suggested nioxin, redkin, and loreal. Which would be best for color staying and repair? What bronzer do u like?

Elise
10-07-2009, 05:10 PM
For color treated hair I love Loreal products. Either the professional line or the line you can find at your local drug store:)

For bronzers I'm a big fan of MAC's MATTE bronze

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/default.aspx#/?page=top{userdata//d+d//|diagnostic|main:beautyfilter//ProductBenefit+LOP_Haircare_ProductBenefit_Protect Color;category+AXE_Haircare//|media:_blank|nav|overlay:productdetail//objectid+HCa2_3//}

Elise
10-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi Ladies,
I am now booking hair and makeup appointments please visit my website
www.elisefirestone.com.

Thanks,
Elise

shana
10-09-2009, 09:40 AM
thanks elise for all of the suggestions. now what about dark circles under the eyes. I find that after I compete, without fail I get them and want them gone. asap.

Elise
10-10-2009, 07:20 AM
I hear ya on that one. lol. I really like Makeup forever there pallette of colors because it comes with 5 different shades of concealer to really cover those up. Plus it's a professional line, used on camera. Found right in Sephora.

*** Now scheduling photoshoots in NY***
I am currently working with 3 different photogrpaphers here in NY: Photo's styling, makeup and hair. Visit my website for more details.

shana
10-10-2009, 08:24 PM
thanks girl,

is there any remedies for dark circles? otc products? what is your take on hylexin?

tight booty
10-10-2009, 09:30 PM
thanks girl,

is there any remedies for dark circles? otc products? what is your take on hylexin?
I am not Elise, but I like this product from Jan Marini.

http://www.janmarini.com/FactorAEyesForDarkCircles.html

Elise
10-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey girl,
thanks for sharing, I'm always up to find new goods:)

shana
10-11-2009, 12:48 PM
thanks girl,

this looks promising. do you take the pill version? how long have you taken it? what have been the results?

shana
10-16-2009, 09:40 AM
ladies what are your thoughts on regular eye cream to add to your regimen? any brands you like?

Elise
10-21-2009, 06:27 PM
la roche posey has a nice eye cream. It's found at your local CVS.

redline777
12-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi Elise, i use Dove moisturiser with hint of tanner in it instead of using solariums and its working great...only thing is , the tanner starts to rub off at the back of my knees and inside of my elbows... do u know anything i can do to stop or reduce this from happening?

Elise
02-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Hey hun, it might have to do with the ph chemistry of your skin. Sounds like the product is not adhering to that area. Try exfoliating in the shower with a scrub to see if the color stays on better after applied:)

Elise
02-05-2010, 08:20 PM
For all you men out there who may be suffering with those stubborn breakouts after shaving try TEN-SKIN this stuff works wonders.

Elise
02-15-2010, 10:34 PM
http://www.rxmuscle.com/hmr-radio-show/1141-jefftheproducer-hmr.html

Check out me and Dr. Fiorillos interview on rxmuscle.com

Come for a visit and get 10percent off

Elise
04-13-2010, 09:29 PM
http://www.elisefirestone.com

Launching May 15th Custom Cosmetics By Elise

Lipstick, HD foundations, Shadows, blushes, and everything you need for stage perfect makeup.

For more info please visit my website, and check out the store, all products will be up within the month.

LiaVT
04-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Hey Elise, I'm competing in 2 weeks in Boston. I do my own hair and make up. Could you give me a few pointers for applying competition make-up, eyes mostly. I have a royal blue suit. I'm a figure competitor and my hair will be dark brown, going to try to style it curly this year.

Thanks for your help

Elise
04-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Hey girl,Do you have a color scheme yet? To help those who compete around the globe, I usually design them colors and enclose step by step instructions on how to create the desired look, based on your pictures etc..

Now that I have a line of colors that are out, we can really getting you looking perfect onstage. IF you'd like check out my website and email me personally at [email protected] (http://[email protected]) if you have any indivudual questions.

LiaVT
04-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey Elise, I was going to just try to do a smokey eye type of look with blues and silvers, not sure if that is good for stage make-up. I just wanted some basic pointers as far as shadow techniques, liner, etc. if there is a way to do it that is better for the stage. If you have any advice I'd really appreciate it, if this is somethings you think needs more individual attention and lesson, I understand.

Thanks for your help,
Lia

Z33ACV2
04-24-2010, 01:30 PM
http://www.elisefirestone.com

Launching May 15th Custom Cosmetics By Elise

Lipstick, HD foundations, Shadows, blushes, and everything you need for stage perfect makeup.

For more info please visit my website, and check out the store, all products will be up within the month.

That's awesome news, Elise. Are you doing any event to showcase your line? i would love to use your cosmetics for my next show.

Elise
04-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Everything can be purchased right from my store May 15th:) WHat show are you doing next? maybe I'll be there?

Elise
05-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Check out my new line of cosmetics coming out May 15th.

Lipsticks, lip glosses, foundations and everything you need to rock that stage

tight booty
05-02-2010, 11:16 PM
^^^^^^ Gorgous colours Elise!

Elise
05-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks girl. I think you girls are really going to like it.

sba220
05-04-2010, 11:43 PM
For all you men out there who may be suffering with those stubborn breakouts after shaving try TEN-SKIN this stuff works wonders.

Thats what I heard.

Elise
05-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Hey Dros sooooo you really liked it????

Elise
05-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Product Description
Razor bumps are created when the growing beard hairs exit the skin, curl over, and burrow into the adjacent skin, resulting in an unsightly "bump". Razor bumps form on the beard areas of men-mostly Black men and about 15-20% of Caucasian men. Occurrence varies with nationality.

Ingrown Hairs Ingrown hairs form when hairs, growing back after shaving, waxing, electrolysis, or other hair removal method, and fail to grow out of the skin. The hairs curl over inside the follicles under the skin (just like the "razor bump" hairs curl above the skin). By curling, then creates and unsightly "bump".

Elise
05-06-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm now taking pre-sale with a 10% discount. Please check out my website at elisefirestone.com and the retail store to find all your cosmetics essentials for showtime!

Thank you,
Elise

Elise
06-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Now Booking Makeup + Hair appointments at the following NPC Shows

June 12th: Garden State, Patterson NJ
July 24th Europa Hartford CT + Empire Westchester NY

Elise
08-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Now booking Appointments for the Easterns August 21st. For more info and to book an appointment, please email me @ [email protected]

figurehopefull
10-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Just a couple things;

1. Do you put mascara on before or after the flase lashes??

2. I never wear lipstick and my last show I used gloss and my pics look like I have no lips...What color would look good but not trashy??

3. What would be the best color eye shadow for my next show??

Info... Dark brown eyes, medium redish/brown hair, emerald green suit..

Thank you!!

figurehopefull
10-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I forgot one...LOL

Do you put the false lashes on first or your eye shadow on first??