PDA

View Full Version : Recipes

Shawn Bellon
07-29-2009, 09:17 AM
This is the original recipe as shown on the peanut butter moon protein packs.

Ingredients
1 pack better protein bars peanut butter moon flavor
1 cup smart balance peanut butter
3/4ths cup honey

1,pour contents of pouch into a large mixing bowl.2, Add 1 cup smart balance peanut butter, and 3/4ths cup honey. 3, Mix well with hands till texture is smooth like fudge. 4, place in a deep glass backing dish and let set in fridge for 30 mins. 5,cut into 12 even bars.

Nutrition facts for original recipe.
calories 414
total fat 21g (95% omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids)
saturated fats 4g
trans fat 0g
cholesterol 40mg
sodium 136mg
total carbohydrates 36g
dietary fiber 4g
sugar 24g (mostly from honey)
protein 26g
Tips****
1.If after mixing the bars they seem like they are not coming together. Just add a little water and mix again. If you like you can add extra honey but this will change the macros of the bars but not by much..

2.Its best to mix by hand and just add a little water if they need more moisture. This will not change the taste of the bars or the macros of them ether.

3.You can heat up the honey and the peanut butter for 30 seconds each in the microwave before placing them in the bowl. For some this allows them to mix with a spoon and not there hands. This also may help blend the ingredients better.

Info**** the better protein bar original recipe is great for bulking,pre work out, or for meal replacement any time of the day. They taste amazing. Its a mix between a peanut butter oatmeal cookie and peanut butter fudge. Only much better. They are fresh,most,and so easy to eat

Shawn Bellon
07-29-2009, 09:18 AM
This recipe is made using better protein bars (peanut butter moon) original protein bar pack.

Ingredients
1 better protein bars peanut butter moon protein pack
1 cup all natural almond butter
3/4 cup honey
7 table spoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar free chocolate chips (optional)

1. Pour protein pack into large mixing bowl. 2,add in cocoa powder,
chocolate chips (optional) and mix lightly. 3, add almond butter, and honey. 4, With hands mix well till smooth like fudge. 5,place in deep backing dish and spread out evenly. 6, let set in fridge for 30 mins and then cut into 12 evenly sized bars.

Nutrition facts with out chocolate chips

calories 344
calories from fat 126
total fat 14g
saturated fat 2g
trans fat 0
cholesterol 0
sodium 2mg
total carbohydrates 36
Dietary fiber 5g
sugar 24g
protein 23g

Nutrition facts with chocolate chips
calories 431
calories from fat 176
total fat 19g
saturated fat 6g
trans fat 0g
cholesterol 0g
sodium 2mg
total carbohydrates 48g
Dietary fiber 6g
sugar 24g
protein 23g

Tips****
1.If after mixing the bars they seem like they are not coming together. Just add a a little water and mix again. If you like you can add extra honey but this will change the macros of the bars but not by much..

2.Its best to mix by hand and just add a little water if they need more moisture. This will not change the taste of the bars or the macros of them ether.

3.You can heat up the honey and the Almond butter for 30 seconds each in the microwave before placing them in the bowl. For some this allows them to mix with a spoon and not there hands. This also may help blend the ingredients better.

This recipe has a much different flavor then the original recipe. The almond butter gives it a rich robust flavor, and the cocoa ads a lovely chocolate kick. Adding in the chocolate chips makes them all the more fun to eat and delivers a crunchy chocolate punch with every bite.

Shawn Bellon
This recipe is simple. Just replace honey with sugar free maple syrup.

Ingredients
1. pack better protein bars peanut butter moon flavor.
1 cup sugar free maple syrup
1 cup smart balance PB

1,pour contents of pouch into a large mixing bowl.2, Add 1 cup smart balance peanut butter, and 1 cup sugar free maple syrup. 3, Mix well with hands till texture is smooth like fudge. 4, place in a deep glass backing dish and let set in fridge for 30 mins. 5,cut into 12 even bars.

1.If after mixing the bars they seem like they are not coming together. Just add a little water and mix again. If you like you can add extra syrup. This will change the macros of the bars but not by much..

3.You can heat peanut butter for 30 seconds in the microwave before placing it in the bowl. For some this allows them to mix with a spoon and not there hands. This also may help blend the ingredients better.

Nutrition facts

calories 350 from fat 179c
total fat 21 (95% omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids)
saturated fats 4
trans fat 0
cholesterol 40mg
sodium 136mg
total carbohydrates 18g
dietary fiber 4g
sugar 7g
protein 26g

For a lower sugar lower carb treat these bars are great. They have a soft maple flavor that complements the oatmeal perfectly.

Shawn Bellon
This recipe is simple. Just replace honey with sugar free imitation honey .

Ingredients
1 cup sugar free imitation honey
1 cup smart balance PB

1,pour contents of pouch into a large mixing bowl.2, Add 1 cup smart balance peanut butter, and 1 cup sugar free imitation honey. 3, Mix well with hands till texture is smooth like fudge. 4, place in a deep glass backing dish and let set in fridge for 30 mins. 5,cut into 12 even bars.

1.If after mixing the bars they seem like they are not coming together. Just add a little water and mix again. If you like you can add extra syrup. This will change the macros of the bars but not by much..

3.You can heat peanut butter for 30 seconds in the microwave before placing it in the bowl. For some this allows them to mix with a spoon and not there hands. This also may help blend the ingredients better.

Nutrition facts

calories 394
total fat 179 (95% omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids)
saturated fats 4
trans fat 0
cholesterol 40mg
sodium 135mg
total carbohydrates 34g
dietary fiber 4g
sugar 7g
protein 26g

This taste almost exactly like the original recipe. The amount of overall carbohydrates for this recipe do not change much from the original recipe. It simple changes the Glycemic Level and reduces the amount of sugar being used in the recipe. This also lowers the overall
calories a bit. They taste the same to me.

Shawn Bellon
07-29-2009, 09:19 AM
This recipe is simple. Just replace honey with sugar free imitation honey,and replace smart balance peanut butter with natural reduced fat peanut butter

Ingredients
1 cup sugar free imitation honey
1 cup natural reduced fat peanut butter
1,pour contents of pouch into a large mixing bowl.2, Add 1 cup natural reduced fat peanut butter, and 1 cup sugar free imitation honey. 3, Mix well with hands till texture is smooth like fudge. 4, place in a deep glass backing dish and let set in fridge for 30 mins. 5,cut into 12 even bars.

Nutrition facts

calories 319
total fat 11g
saturated fats 2
trans fat 0
cholesterol 40mg
sodium 106mg
total carbohydrates 36g
dietary fiber 3g
sugar 7
protein 24g

In this recipe you can clearly taste the reduced fat from the original recipe. They taste lighter and less filling and yet the great flavor is still in tact. This recipe has fewer calories,less fat and less sugar then the original recipe. My son told me he enjoys this recipe over the original.

Shawn Bellon
07-29-2009, 09:19 AM
1 1/2cups whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 servings of your favorite protein powder ( recipe uses eas 100% whey chocolate)
2 original recipe better protein bars.

Add all ingredents to a large blender. Mix on high for 30 seconds.

Total

1,405 cals

71.8 fat

97.7 carbs

103.4 protein

This is great for hard gainers and people looking to put on weight. Taste great and goes down easy. It is on the thicker side but you can thin it out by adding a half cup of water or a few ice cubs if you like.

Shawn Bellon
07-29-2009, 09:20 AM
LOW CARB, HIGH PROTEIN: Tami Bar

Recipe
Bag +
1 cup SmartBalance PB
1/2 cup splenda
1/4 cup liquid beef amino's
water Till consistency is the way you want it

TOTALS:
Cal: 4279
Fat: 252
Carb: 242.5
Pro: 331.2

Per bar (divided x 12)
Cal: 357
Fat: 21
Carb: 20
Pro: 28

"Rodz"
07-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Great work Bro!!!! Cant wait for mine to get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:popcorn:

needtogetaas
07-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Nice bro

Shawn Bellon
07-30-2009, 08:22 PM
I try :)

Tami Bellon
08-11-2009, 02:16 PM
PB & J BAR

Bag +
1 cup ANPB
3/4 to 1 cup sf jam (I like blackberry)
a little water if needed

I don't have the macros for this one yet, but I'll post them soon.

IF YOU GUYS HAVE A RECIPE - POST IT UP!!!!! :)

Tami Bellon
08-11-2009, 02:18 PM
The Van Cran Bar

Bag +
1 cup ANPB
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup cranberry sauce

Again....need to get macros for this one!

SBT
08-16-2009, 11:35 PM
The Chocolate Banana Bar

bag +
1 cup Dark chocolate ANPB
2 large mashed bananas (equalling 1 cup)
Enough water to moisten

Need to figure out the macros still as well

tammyp
09-12-2009, 06:18 AM
what are the macros for the mix alone?

needtogetaas
09-13-2009, 12:52 PM
damn you guys are whipping all kinds of cool recipes.

I will get macros for just the pack posted.

SBT
09-13-2009, 08:58 PM
I've got one that I thought of today I am trying out the next time I get some bars!! :D

tammyp
09-17-2009, 06:06 AM
i finally made these..OMG! i did 12 cookies...dropped each on waxed paper...saved the cutting and makes grab and go that much easier.

Tami Bellon
09-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Low Fat - Low Sugar Recipe

YouTube - Needtobuildmuscle Protein Bars

tammyp
09-17-2009, 04:09 PM
and i did pumpkin spice....

mix
1 c pumpkin
cinn and pumpkin pie spice
2/3 c walden farms maple syrup
water til right consistancy

Tami Bellon
09-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Now see what you've done? You've opened up ENDLESS possibilities with the mention of Walden Farms!!!! lol

.....pumpkin sounds good! :ok:

SBT
09-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Now see what you've done? You've opened up ENDLESS possibilities with the mention of Walden Farms!!!! lol

.....pumpkin sounds good! :ok:

The pumpkin variety is VERY good!!

As is my new favorite, which is 'SMORES' bars!! :yep:

RickO'shea
09-25-2009, 02:26 PM
I hate reading these damn posts cause it makes me so freakin Hungry@!!!!! AHHHHHH

Viper
11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
good shit