PDA

View Full Version : Big Guy needs advice

Josh41876
07-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Ive had issues with weight since i was about 11 years old....im currently 33. When i was younger it was kinda kept in check due to playing baseball and having a coach who would run us until we puked lol. Anyways, ive stuggled with every diet out there, trying to keep the mentality needed to do cardio and attempt to get myself into some kind of shape. Im getting older and i feel the weight beginning to affect me more and more. I am supposed to be having the Lap Band surgery in about 5 months because I am tired of the fight. That is not a cure all for me though and I know that...It is simply a tool to help me lose the weight but i still have to put work into it. The advice Im seeking is this....ive been ignorant all these years on how to put the diet, the exercise, and the mentality together. Someone told me that bodybuilders know how to burn fat and know nutrition needed to do so and thats why im here. Ive been doing some research and found Dave's Interview on Youtube which lead me to here. I have ordered Lipolyze after reading more about it and reading reviews. I assume I need lots of cardio as opposed to resistance training but need confirmation or corrected if thats the case. As far as Nutrition do I need lots of Protein, more Carbs, or a balance like my dietician has me on? The mentality part I know is all me its just tough to maintain when im trying to feel my way through this without the knowledge to help me along the way. Im just at the end of my rope with this because its affecting everything in my life right now. The final issue with me is the im 5'10 400 lbs and broke my ankle about 2 years ago...had to have a pin put into my leg and i have pain issues to this day so that kinda makes cardio a little tougher for me but im hoping for some ideas and advice.

ANADROLicfreak
07-29-2009, 09:57 PM
i would suggest daves ketogenic diet.no craving,good energy and simple.check it out on daves q and a.also there is a keto thread to on here.

Josh41876
07-29-2009, 10:03 PM
ive heard about that before but was told that ketosis is dangerous?

ANADROLicfreak
07-29-2009, 10:04 PM
no man its very safe.did you get that info from md?lol i have done it with great success.you eat protein and fats.you get a few carbs from natural peanut butter and nuts.enough to get you through your workouts.

Josh41876
07-29-2009, 10:10 PM
where can I find the diet outline?

ANADROLicfreak
07-29-2009, 10:31 PM
go to celebrity section.go to dave palumbos section.its on the first page.

Alex The Great
07-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Well to start off what are your full list of stats. Age? Height? Weight? Exercise? Diet? Diet and exercise is especially critical. Many people have no idea how many calories they are taking in until they actually sit down and count them and then go oh shit thats alot more then I thought. It all comes down to calories in vs calories out. Hypothetically speaking If your eating 5,000 calories a day and your bmr is 2,500 calories and you burn 2,000 calories throughout the course of a day then you are at a total of 4,500 calories burned and 500 calories over your alloted calories. One pound of fat is 3,500 calories. So at 500 extra calories a day 7 days a week would make 3,500 calories and at this rate you would be adding a pound of fat a week. If you give us all accurate information we will know the best way to formulate a plan. By supplying us with this information we will be able to help you formulate a diet and may even be able to pin point what you are doing wrong.

Josh41876
08-01-2009, 12:30 AM
I am 33 years old, 5'10", 415 lbs, taking in about 2500-3000 calories per day. My BMR is 3316.05...as far as Exercise...since i have problems with my foot from where i broke it and had a pin placed in my foot i walk right now. i walk about 1/2 mile atm and thats all the exercise im getting...im open to any suggestions. If I left anything out let me know.

Alex The Great
08-02-2009, 06:46 PM
What is the breakdown of your calories. How much fat/protein/carbs are you taking in.

B7emm
08-02-2009, 08:08 PM
no man its very safe.did you get that info from md?lol i have done it with great success.you eat protein and fats.you get a few carbs from natural peanut butter and nuts.enough to get you through your workouts.
X2 Dave's diet is wonderful for people who are trying to loose weight my grandfather did this diet after double knee replacement surgery to loose the excess weight he had gained 50+ pounds. 5 months and he lost the extra weight and improved his mobility and over all health.

Sledge
08-02-2009, 10:25 PM
I like the KISS method for fat loss. and the best way to keep it simple is to forget all the supplements and fat burners and uncouples and all that crap.
It's all worth nothing if your diet isn't spot on.

Myself I prefer the ketogenic type of diet. Even when I'm not trying to lose fat I stick to a sledgerised version of a keto diet. When in ketosis I feel better, am not hungry all the time, and sleep like a rock.

I'd recomend you have a look at Frostys keto thread in the diet/nutrition section of the board and give it a try.

Just remember there are no quick fixes it's a long steady course that requires a change of lifestyle to attchive. Set some realistic long and short term goals and get into it.

Sledge
08-02-2009, 10:42 PM
As for exercise I think your on the right track. Your 415lb so walking and other primal type movements are perfect. while your on your walk try stopping and doing some slow squats on the spot just do 10 then walk for another ten mins than another 10 that sort of thing. Also if their is some stairs in the area start including walking up and down the stairs in your daily exercise. If you decide to join a gym stick to a mix of upper and lower body exercises 3 times a week for now. Don't worry about how much weight you use just stick to basic movements with some resistance