PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Girls, Inc.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-20-2009, 08:44 AM
John speaks about it HERE (http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/romanos-rage/75-muscle-girls-inc.html).

:)

GirlyMuscle
02-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Very cool! I'll tune in! Tuesday nights!

tammyp
02-20-2009, 08:56 AM
thank you dave and john!

Mr X
02-20-2009, 09:06 AM
so who named the show

New2thegame
02-20-2009, 01:50 PM
So did no one win the name contest for the women's show? Damn I wanted to win the prize.

SallyAnne
02-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Very cool! Colette and Miss Krissy - an awesome combo.

BadAssBarbie
02-20-2009, 02:27 PM
YEAH!!! This sounds great!! I'm glad they love women!! :)

sba220
02-20-2009, 02:34 PM
No one won the contest...Dave named it at about 3am the other night.

siouxcountry
02-20-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm looking forward to the show. :)

What John Romano wrote below (highlighted) is not true...........

Dave and I believe the women of our sport have been left out in the cold for long enough. Our commitment to them will not waver because the women physique athletes make up a very large contingent of our community and, currently, no one is serving them. RX Muscle has a place for all the women of our industry; and then some. We believe in the women and their cause and we intend on showcasing them in every way possible. After all, we love women!

Gaoshang Xiongshou
02-20-2009, 03:50 PM

Now now, Sioux... let us not split hairs here... this is about the women, not about who does what.

Glenda Bozett
02-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Very cool! Colette and Miss Krissy - an awesome combo.

Yipi, both girls are awesome :cool:

**blondie**
02-20-2009, 04:11 PM
This is great!! Love it!!!

Glenda Bozett
02-20-2009, 04:18 PM
This is great!! Love it!!!

Hi blondie, did you accept my friendship request yet?

Aaron Singerman
02-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Looking forward to the show! Another great addition to RxMuscle...

Angela123
02-20-2009, 05:18 PM
thank you john and dave. congrats colette and krissy! looking forward to listening!

Viking
02-20-2009, 05:34 PM
This is great!! Is this the first womens radio show for women by women? Long live the radio on Rxmuscle!!!

Sledge
02-20-2009, 05:40 PM
This is great

Sledge
02-20-2009, 05:44 PM

So what is it you actually do to serve them mate. Besides run a web page or two that keep you at the center of attention. Do you promote or support female bodybuilding in any way at all that doesn't revolve around siouxcountry. Not having a go at you, but surely you can't compare what you do with what Dave and John do and are capable of doing. And just a hint for the future. It's not all about you.

Tuffgirl410
02-20-2009, 06:14 PM
I cant wait! Is it Tuesday yet?:D

musclegoddess65
02-20-2009, 06:49 PM
can't wait to tune in!!!!

CQ!
02-20-2009, 07:06 PM
This is great!! Is this the first womens radio show for women by women? Long live the radio on Rxmuscle!!!

No, it's not the first, but more are always welcome. Women are vastly neglected when it comes to coverage so this new show will be cool. Collette and Krissy will do a great job I am sure

**blondie**
02-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi blondie, did you accept my friendship request yet?

Well of course!!!!! Now we can be friends :)

Bryan Hildebrand
02-20-2009, 10:57 PM
great concept. looking forward to this taking life!

Femphysiquefan
02-20-2009, 11:41 PM
So what is it you actually do to serve them mate. Besides run a web page or two that keep you at the center of attention. Do you promote or support female bodybuilding in any way at all that doesn't revolve around siouxcountry. Not having a go at you, but surely you can't compare what you do with what Dave and John do and are capable of doing. And just a hint for the future. It's not all about you.

Not trying to start an argument with you or be mean-spirited, Sledge, but if I'm not mistaken both Dave and John approached SC with the offer of being put in charge of running the women's section on THIS website. If that is true, then the way I see it they wouldn't even have attempted such an action if both of them didn't recognize the contributions that SC has made in promoting female muscle, and the positive impact that he has had on the FBB/Figure/Fitness community online. Also, the guy wouldn't have a members list 4600 strong (and growing) on his site, including several IFBB pros, if he wasn't doing SOMETHING right. Just some respectfully submitted food for thought.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear the show, and see where it goes!! Keep up the excellent work and your quality support for the ladies, Dave and John!! :D

Sledge
02-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Ok thats fair enough, but it still dosn't answer the question of what he actualy does to help or promote the sport. I'm not saying he's doing anything wrong. Basicaly I'm saying other than hosting a website he dosn't do anything. It seems the women themselves do it all he just has his name on the website.
It's like me saying I do as much as John and Dave for womens bodybuilding because I go to a show or two a year and cheer. Or I open a coffee shop with a sign out the front that says lady bodybuilders welcome and they drop in for a chat and a coffee after work each day. Not realy doing anything to promote or help the sport other than turn up or be friendly.
Not that I'm knocking that, it's just a non productive way of pretending your helping. Like me saying I support our troops by putting a sticker on my car. I'm not realy doing anything to support the troops, I'm not helping in any way. I just tell people I am with a sticker.

I received a PM from SC telling me what he ment by his post and thats fair enough. There was a bit of a communication breakdown and I missunderstood what he was saying I think. There is certainly no hard feelings between myself and SC.

Sledge
02-21-2009, 12:42 AM
Ok, just in case I was out of line I went over to SC.com and found this.

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthre...941#post176941 (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthre...941#post176941)

That’s fine I understand what they are saying. But really what do either of these sites or people contribute to Women’s Bodybuilding. I see lots of sponsors to the site, and I guess that helps cover costs. But what do they give back. Do the promote or sponsor a woman’s show or category at a show? Do they sponsor any Ladies? DO they actually do anything other than hang out and be friendly?
Please correct me if I'm wrong but what do they do??? I think at MD I read that SC won't even fork out for a ticket to a show and that’s the most basic form of real support you can give.

Again correct me if I'm wrong, and I'd love to be corrected here and proven wrong, but what do any of these people actually do to support women’s bodybuilding.

Femphysiquefan
02-21-2009, 01:03 AM
I don't want to hijack this thread and get away from its original subject, but I would say there is no one form of support, but several. There's financial, where fans agree to financially support competitors in their careers. There's political, in which people like Betty Pariso fight for the women's side of the sport in the federations. And then for us online fans, there's moral support, where we can encourage those ladies that have chosen to live this lifestyle. People like SC and others ARE supporting the sport by providing places where fans and competitors alike can network with each other in (and I stress this) a COMFORTABLE, NON-THREATENING atmosphere. If you've seen how FBBs are treated and regarded on some of the other forums out there, you know what I mean. From what I've seen, the ladies more and more are seeking out places where they can have discussions without fear of being attacked or insulted by the haters out there; be given constructive criticism concerning their physiques; and receive the encouragement they need to keep going during their contest preps. Both Dave and John and SC have provided for this need by creating such places in the form of their respective websites, and that in and of itself is a form of support. Again, don't want to hijack the thread anymore, so that's all I'll going to say on the subject here.

~gymdiva~
02-21-2009, 01:04 AM
and I think Jeremy summed it up well...we can all help in different ways...

so now back to your regularly scheduled thread :)

dislikeschmoes
02-21-2009, 02:39 AM

Actually it is very true and I'm glad they are doing something about it. Please quit promoting yourself over and over and over and over.

dislikeschmoes
02-21-2009, 02:41 AM

Excellent post and very nicely worded.

How long will this show be?

Sledge
02-21-2009, 03:15 AM
and I think Jeremy summed it up well...we can all help in different ways...

so now back to your regularly scheduled thread :)

Your right, back on topic.

The show is a great idea. Top level Women hosting a show about women for women. Fantastic.

I'll be listening but don't tell anyone or I'll have to hand in my Man badge.

FBBFan
02-21-2009, 06:14 AM
support that :)

tammyp
02-21-2009, 06:47 AM
its not about who does what, its about the BODYBUILDERS. i am sure i speak for everyone when i say every bit of coverage is appreciated 10 fold.

Sandpig
02-21-2009, 07:45 AM
This will be great for you girls, especially with Krissy and Collette.

Erin
02-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Couple of more days... :D

Bacon Boy
02-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Your right, back on topic.

The show is a great idea. Top level Women hosting a show about women for women. Fantastic.

I'll be listening but don't tell anyone or I'll have to hand in my Man badge.

I won't tell on you, if you don't tell on me!

SallyAnne
02-21-2009, 05:43 PM
its not about who does what, its about the BODYBUILDERS. i am sure i speak for everyone when i say every bit of coverage is appreciated 10 fold.

Agreed. I am very appreciative of the fact that we are getting coverage and support.

fitbody
02-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Very cool! I'll tune in! Tuesday nights!

awesome
i'm in too
thanx for the support :D

Peaceful28
02-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm not even a FBB, but I will definately be listening! I am so happy, something like this is so long overdue for you guys. I hope this gets taken above and beyond in the sport. :)

debbiebramwell
02-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Awww! just another reason why I love John and dave! thank you! All of us ladies need to add the banner of this site to our websites and myspace pages for the fans..this is really great!:D

BigA
02-22-2009, 01:40 PM
This is awesome. I love hearing the women's perspective more anyways. Sorry fellas. I am biased.

A.

Mike the Ripper
02-22-2009, 04:56 PM

Hi! My name is Siouxcountry. Nice to meet everybody

~gymdiva~
02-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Awww! just another reason why I love John and dave! thank you! All of us ladies need to add the banner of this site to our websites and myspace pages for the fans..this is really great!:D

is there a place with a code listed for myspace and such?

Blackie_Lawless
02-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Lots of hot girls with hard bodies...Lets do this.

Tuffgirl410
02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Anyone know if the first show is on tonite!? or is it starting next Tuesday?

c_vascular
02-25-2009, 12:46 AM
Anyone know if the first show is on tonite!? or is it starting next Tuesday?

I don't know. I was looking forward to it, tonight!!!!

Fitswim by Celeste
02-25-2009, 01:47 PM
first show to air next tuesday! woohoo!!! (thanks colette ;))

Tuffgirl410
02-25-2009, 11:45 PM
first show to air next tuesday! woohoo!!! (thanks colette ;))

Thanks;)

KRISSY CHIN
02-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi All:D!!!!
I am just so excited to be co-hosting Muscle Girls Inc. with my beautiful friend Colette-who I just adore. We plan on covering women's bb, fitness, figure and now bikini. We have to support all the ladies:D!!!!!

Krissyxo

KRISSY CHIN
03-03-2009, 04:52 PM
First show airs today!!!! Please tune in:)

Krissyxo

Gaoshang Xiongshou
03-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Excellent show, ladies! Very well done :D

robert da strongman
03-03-2009, 08:24 PM
lovin the show!

Tuffgirl410
03-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Great show! Its so nice that there is something exclusively for the ladies

emily
03-03-2009, 10:34 PM
the show was awesome, krissy and colette. two enthusiastic thumbs up! do you think you'll ever do a live show with a call-in segment?

melodyspetko
03-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Great show girls!!.. cant wait for future shows!!...