PDA

View Full Version : Critique my cutting Diet

Hungarian_Oak
07-30-2009, 09:01 PM
I started cutting about 3 weeks ago and so far I haven't lost much weight. I am in the middle of a 2cc a week Test Enthanate cycle and I think it may be affecting my cutting. This is my current diet, any feedback will be appreciated. I am 5'10" 201 lbs, 16.5% bodyfat on my Omron bodyfat scale(I know it's not 100% accurate).

Meal #1
10 Egg Whites, 2 whole eggs
1 cup oatmeal with 2 tbsp raisins

Meal #2(Pre Workout)
8oz Chicken Breast
8oz Sweet Potatoe
22 almonds

Meal #3(Post Workout)
2 scoops Whey
1 Banana
1 Green Apple

Meal #4
8oz extra lean beef
Green Beans

Meal #5
8oz Tuna
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups Spinach

Meal #6
2 scoops whey
1 tbsp Flax Oil
1.5 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

Mr. Hyde
07-30-2009, 09:54 PM
I recomend going on a keto diet. But somethings i would change without knowing anything about you. You should breakdown your macros to find out how many grams of what you are eating. Use fitday.com if you dont have a program. Off the bat fruit PWO is pointless because it will not replenish glycogin stores. Flax oil is garbage, throw it out. 500mg of test eth is not gonna the make a differnce at your bodyfat levels. Run a-dex 1/2 pill EOD if you really feel its a problem. Once again sign up on fitday.com (its free) find out your macros.

Hungarian_Oak
07-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi Mr. Hyde, these are my macros from Fitday.com: Protein: 40%, Carbs: 23%, Fat: 37%. 3539 calories in total. I just jumped on my scale and it's looking like I'm up to 204 lbs. I will check my bodyfat% tommorow if it's the same as last week and I gained some muscle that's cool, lol. I have been reading that fruit is pointless post workout. What would you recommend? Why do you say Flax oil is garbage? I am running Nolvadex 20mg every day. Thanks for you feedback.

Hungarian_Oak
07-31-2009, 04:52 PM
I weighed myself and took my bodyfat% and I gained 3 lbs, and my bodyfat is up to 17.2%....not good. I'll be replacing one piece of fruit with a scoop of dextrose and taking the raisins out of my oats. Other than that I'm not sure what other changes to make. I don't want to do a ketogenic diet just yet, b/c I've had a bad experience with ketosis last year. Any suggestions?

Frosty
08-01-2009, 01:02 AM
What happened before on a keto diet?

Mr. Hyde
08-01-2009, 04:52 AM
If your goal is to lose bodyfat i would go keto. After the first couple of days you will feel great and its easier to stick to then a carb cycling approach. Also more effective IMO. If you go keto you will have no carbs PWO because they will knock you out of ketosis. When carbs are low insulin is also low, when insulin i low GH is High (insulin and GH have a inverse relationship). When on a ketogenic diet fats are eating at a mod-high level giving you all the raw materials to make test naturaly.

If you try to carbs cycle or keep carbs in when they get low (below 125 give or take) you gonna feel shitty and have cravings because blood sugar levels are gonna be all over the place. Also the brain is still going to be running on gulcose and theres not gonna be enough going around for enough go around.

I would go in the keto thread and post your stats so the mod's can help you out setting up the diet. The basics are 1.5 x LBM for protein and .5 x fats. The only carbs you will get are from nuts, peanut butter and a small amount of grean veggies. Good luck!!

Hungarian_Oak
08-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Frosty: On the Keto diet before, I had next to no energy to work out, headaches, and I lost alot of strength. I may try it again in a few weeks. I'm going to add in some cardio this week. I've heard of guys losing bodyfat without doing cardio and since I have a fast metabolism I thought I could do it, but I guess not.

Legend
08-02-2009, 01:19 AM
Frosty: On the Keto diet before, I had next to no energy to work out, headaches, and I lost alot of strength. I may try it again in a few weeks. I'm going to add in some cardio this week. I've heard of guys losing bodyfat without doing cardio and since I have a fast metabolism I thought I could do it, but I guess not.

You had to have been doing something wrong.