PDA

View Full Version : Xanax Addiction!!

ubermensch
07-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Getting ready for a recent show I began using Xanax to stave off the anxiety and the tendency to be super impatient and a plain asshole because of certain compounds I was using. I was consistently using 3-5mgs depending on the day, but mostly 3-4 a day. 1mg in the morning, 1mg at 2:30 and 1mg at bed.

Man, I really regret having began to use this evil drug. I am slowly weaning myself off, which is the recommended way to dop it. Benzo withdrawal is horrible. Gimme narc withdrawal any day. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Really.

Anyhow, Now I take 1mg in the morning, .5mg at 2, and 1mg at bed and will do this for another2-3 weeks until I feel comfortable dropping it even more. Then I will go to .5mg in the morning, .5mgs at 2 and 1mg at bed and then just move down from there.

I don't like the high from Xanax, I was using it as an effective tool but became addicted in the process.

I'm doing well as I am also taking Wellbutrin, which is a wonderful anti-depressant by the way but expensive.

I just think there is a direct correlation between benzo use and high androgen levels and the overactivity that androgens can cause. This is what made em grab for Xanax like a drowning man grabbing for matchwood

I will keep you kind people updated as to my progress as the weeks go by. I believe I am not the only bodybuilder here who is dealing with a benzo addiction. Most people don't even know that they are addicted. Hey guy's and gal's, if you are using Xanax like I was try stopping!! You will be surprised how addicted you are I can only imagine.

I just hate the fact that I am bound to something and it is like goddamn clockwork. The anciness starts to come on, then shadows, ringing, shaking, negative thoughts, depression, feeeling fatigued, I mean the list goes on and on, and this is with TAPERING!!!! Just be careful and aware of this damned drug and it's capability to hook you worse than nubain ever could do. And I don't say that to minimize narc withdrawal at all, I know it is all relative for us all, it's just if I can help one person not to fall into this bag, then it was worth it.

Goodfellas
07-31-2009, 07:29 PM
I have had zero problems with it. most days I forget to take a dose. None of the crap meds work on me . They are all jokes.

Sistersteel
07-31-2009, 08:04 PM
How did you get the xanax script? I used benzos for many years and quite honestly, 6mg of xanax everyday is enough shit to take down an elephant. That dosing regimen is definitely not something a doctor has recommendeed, so how can you even function or train on all of that? Xanax is more prescribed and used on an as needed basis rather a treatment. Benzo withdrawals can be fatal and you need to get yourself to a doctor to undergo a medically supervised detox if you are as strung out as you claim to be.

Alex England
07-31-2009, 08:11 PM
What else is Xanax called? I often hear Americans talking about it but I have never heard of it in the UK.

Alex England
07-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Ah, its alprazolam. They prescribe it in some countires in Europe but not the UK as far as I know.

Sistersteel
07-31-2009, 08:16 PM
Very similar to valium.

Goodfellas
07-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Clonazepam

Alex England
07-31-2009, 08:28 PM
Very similar to valium.

Clonazepam

Yeah, we have both those over here. Used to have valium amps, evil stuff.:(

Sistersteel
07-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah, we have both those over here. Used to have valium amps, evil stuff.:(

Ohhh yeah. VERY evil stuff.

irishpride
07-31-2009, 08:34 PM
how long have you been taking it? they come in doses of .5mg/1mg/2mg and its generally prescribed to be taken 2x daily as needed but can be taken more depending on the doc and how its written, like sistersteel said though 6mgs is a heafty dose..i used to take ativan 4mgs daily and remember what it felt like to withdraw, terrible and i weened as well..i was taking much more than that at times but like everyone stated benzos is one of the few drugs you can die from the withdrawel..talk to a doc..

zubbeyboy
07-31-2009, 08:41 PM
I used/use Xanax for prolly 8 years.I quit cold turkey about 4 times just to make sure i could.Wasnt the easiest thing ive ever done but after about 2 days and sleepless nights its pretty much a piece of cake.Try coming off Opiates if you think Benzos are bad.Benzos are a cakewalk in comparison.Anyway good luck.The restless nights get some good Weed and will help you a lot with the anxiety and sleeplessness.Just my 2 cents.

Sistersteel
08-01-2009, 04:47 AM
I used/use Xanax for prolly 8 years.I quit cold turkey about 4 times just to make sure i could.Wasnt the easiest thing ive ever done but after about 2 days and sleepless nights its pretty much a piece of cake.Try coming off Opiates if you think Benzos are bad.Benzos are a cakewalk in comparison.Anyway good luck.The restless nights get some good Weed and will help you a lot with the anxiety and sleeplessness.Just my 2 cents.

Gee thanks for the great advice there, zubbeyboy. Let's cure one drug problem by switching it for another one. :rolleyes:

ubermensch
08-01-2009, 10:55 AM
How did you get the xanax script? I used benzos for many years and quite honestly, 6mg of xanax everyday is enough shit to take down an elephant. That dosing regimen is definitely not something a doctor has recommendeed, so how can you even function or train on all of that? Xanax is more prescribed and used on an as needed basis rather a treatment. Benzo withdrawals can be fatal and you need to get yourself to a doctor to undergo a medically supervised detox if you are as strung out as you claim to be.

What you fail to understand, and I'v e had many ask and wonder the same thing about being able to train like that. Trust me, when you have enough androgens (Halotestin amongst others)coursing through your blood, Xanax does very little but to calm you a bit and make life bearable and I would rather deal with a slow withdrawal than have the ones I love hate me or not be able to stand being around me.

You're right. It was a bad idea and I havd admitted it. Docs here in Southern Florida we'll give you basically anything it seems. I'm from Iowa. There is no way I would ever eneter a treatment center for the exact reason you stated.....it can be fatal.

I worked as a CDT (Chemical Dependency Technician) for several years in college and could never understand why all the benzo addicts took off after a day or two whereas the narcotic addicts more often than not stuck it out and recovered in a matter of three to four weeks. (Yes the major withdrawal takes 3-5 days) But the aftershock of the withdrawal can be felt for weeks after. You know this already so I don't have to re-iterate this to you.

The way I am doing it is recommended by a doctor in England. I will pm you the schedule if I can.

I'm doing very well as of now. 2 days ago I started 1mg in morning, .5 at 2, and 1mg at bed. A few weeks of that and then I will go to .5mg in the morning, .5 at 2pm, and 1mg at bed and so on.

Yes, you are right SisterSteele, Xanax is meant for occasiional use. Even two weeks of constant benzo exposure will produce quite a withdrawal, even on a small amount of Xanax. I did not do this for reasons stated and yes, i bought the ticket, I will take the ride.

And for informational purposes 1mg of Xanax(alprazolam)= 20mgs of Diazepam (Valium). Valium is not nearly as powerful and has a much longer half-life. Ativan, Rophenol, and Xanax are three of the most powerful benzo's and the hardest to get off of.

To those who chide me for my choices and methods, I ask you to turn to yourselves and examine your own chemical practices on yourself throughout the years.

There is no way on god's green earth I am going to consult a doc here in Ft. Lauderdale on Xanax withdrawal or any chemical dependency clinic, which, and I know this to be ABSOLUTELY true, they are money - making machines and really don't give a real damn about your well being. That's why I left the field. It made me really sick and angry at how money-driven recovery-based prograqms are today.

Of course it costs plenty to run these operations and I know this, but when they keep you holed up until your insurance runs out, or your family cannot afford to keep their loved one in the center anymmore THEY BOOT YOU OUT with no real concern for aftercare other than "Go to meetings" which I support 100%.

You can only do this if you really want it damn bad. I became addicted by "accident" if you will. I had no idea the power of this drug and i know plenty of docs who are in a much worse bag than I and they have convinced themselves that they are alright. I guess it's in the eye's of the beholder whether one has a problem or not.

Life is good though and I really cannot complain. I have it good. Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude.

Thanks for your input SisterSteele. I will shoot you that pm if it will attach.

ubermensch
08-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Gee thanks for the great advice there, zubbeyboy. Let's cure one drug problem by switching it for another one. :rolleyes:

Right on SisterSteele. In fact that is exactly what the English doc does not recommend because so many use pot to come off benzo's. This is not good or the right way to do a correct withdrawal. Thank you Sister for pointing that out because it is very pertinent info.

And zubbeyboy, I'm sure your withdrawal was bad. I would never negate someone elses subjective experience. It is well known though that benzo withdrawal is and can be much more dangerous than Narcotic withdrawal. That is an arguement that would and will go nowhere. That would be de-valuing your horrible experience and it is NOT right to do that to ANYONE!

Remember,your benzo addiction may not have been nearly as habitual or as high dosed relatively speaking than your experience/run with whatever narcotic is your choice.

Something to think about.

zubbeyboy
08-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Gee thanks for the great advice there, zubbeyboy. Let's cure one drug problem by s
witching it for another one. :rolleyes:

Weeds a drug?
Damn safest DRUG i ever used.
Proven to help anxiety sleeplessness etc.
Damn great healthier alternative to Xanax.

zubbeyboy
08-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Right on SisterSteele. In fact that is exactly what the English doc does not recommend because so many use pot to come off benzo's. This is not good or the right way to do a correct withdrawal. Thank you Sister for pointing that out because it is very pertinent info.

And why is this a bad idea? Nonsense

ubermensch
08-01-2009, 12:05 PM
And why is this a bad idea? Nonsense

Well I agree with you if you can stick to just that. I myself don't like to be hooked on anything. Try giving your weed up for a few days. You will say I can't sleep when what is really going on is an inhibition of GABA being made by the brain which allows you to relax and sleep. Slows the mind down so there is not an overactivity in the brains function. Similar to what Benzo's do but not to the drastic degree that benzo's exert their force. You're right. Again, not a huge deal other than the fact that this is a Narcotics Anonymous forum and if I remember correctly...a drug is a drug is a drug. Cliche, I know, but very true, at least for me.

Weed would continue to lead me into dependence. I know this. The ole Marijuana maintenance diet.

You are not bad or stupid for making the statement you made but please understand where most of the "true" NA's are coming from concerning this.

You wouldn't go to rehab, get out and immediately go buy a bag of weed. Well some, many do, but is it recommended for a true addict??? Hell no, at least in my opinion.

I understand your train of thought because I have done the whole weed/relaxation for sleep and lifes stress but i am an extremeist and before you know it I'm smoking at least a quarter a week. Now that is an expense I don't need not to mention the carcinogenic capabilities of marijuana. I know I sound like a reincarnation of Reefer Madness but as you read, try to understand where alot of us are coming from on this topic.

zubbeyboy
08-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Well I agree with you if you can stick to just that. I myself don't like to be hooked on anything. Try giving your weed up for a few days. You will say I can't sleep when what is really going on is an inhibition of GABA being made by the brain which allows you to relax and sleep. Slows the mind down so there is not an overactivity in the brains function. Similar to what Benzo's do but not to the drastic degree that benzo's exert their force. You're right. Again, not a huge deal other than the fact that this is a Narcotics Anonymous forum and if I remember correctly...a drug is a drug is a drug. Cliche, I know, but very true, at least for me.

Weed would continue to lead me into dependence. I know this. The ole Marijuana maintenance diet.

You are not bad or stupid for making the statement you made but please understand where most of the "true" NA's are coming from concerning this.

You wouldn't go to rehab, get out and immediately go buy a bag of weed. Well some, many do, but is it recommended for a true addict??? Hell no, at least in my opinion.

I understand your train of thought because I have done the whole weed/relaxation for sleep and lifes stress but i am an extremeist and before you know it I'm smoking at least a quarter a week. Now that is an expense I don't need not to mention the carcinogenic capabilities of marijuana. I know I sound like a reincarnation of Reefer Madness but as you read, try to understand where alot of us are coming from on this topic.

I respect what you said.You seem like a well educated smart person.I wish you the best of luck my friend.

SonOfPluto
08-01-2009, 01:08 PM
It sounds like you're doing really well cutting back on the zanax. I think what makes benzos so difficult to withdrawal from is the fact that nothing can really be prescribed to help combat the withdrawal symptoms. At least with opiates, one can be prescribed a drug like clonidine, which can really take the edge off the withdrawal. GABA is a bitch neurotransmitter to mess around with, as Sistersteel said, benzo withdrawal can be deadly. Alcohol withdrawal can be too as both drugs affect GABA in similiar ways.

SonOfPluto
08-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Weeds a drug?

I wouldn't call it healthy, especially if you smoke it everyday, as its been proven that the amount of toxins one ingests from smoking it is severalfold times more then the equivalent from a cigarette.

zubbeyboy
08-01-2009, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't call it healthy, especially if you smoke it everyday, as its been proven that the amount of toxins one ingests from smoking it is severalfold times more then the equivalent from a cigarette.

Vaporizers debunk that statement.
In the first place if most people would try Marijuana before getting hooked on Xanax or other anxiety meds they absolutely will be healthier in their decision to use a natural plant rather than popping pills everyday. Just my 2 cents

SonOfPluto
08-01-2009, 01:19 PM
You are dead on regarding drug rehabs milking the insurance, it makes me sick when a social worker from one of the places will draw out an extended plan under the guise that it will be more beneficial in the long run. Although there are some extreme cases where a longer stay really is needed. I think the maximum benefit can be reached within 10 days, provided one is really SERIOUS about getting help. The mental health field is exactly the same way..

ubermensch
08-01-2009, 01:23 PM

You are absolutely right on both accounts. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Yes it is hard but the overactivity, well I just use it to my advantage....like transferring that energy to my clients. Weed makes me lackadazical (sp?) and that is not the way I want to be when i am trying to inject enthusiasm into a client, to get them through those hard times when you want to give up in the gym. I have to have energy coming off of me and smoking weed inhibits this.

I'm a high strung individual anyways but I MUST find some way of relaxing naturally. Ricky Williams went through this same type of thing and one of my friends who owns a medidtation/trinket/inscence shop had Ricky as a customer the other day.

I knowmost here remember when Ricky quit the Dolphins to move over to a remote island in the Pacific and lived in a hut, smoked weed and tried to find himself. Now he has found new ways to cope with the pressure and his Type A personality, which is what most of us on this board are. That is not a bad thing at all. We are the most motivated, driven people on Earth and can use this to our advantage just as ADHD can be a wonderful gift if it is able to be harnessed into a useful attribute for us who have this condition.

Oh and for the record, I love pot. Don't get me wrong but for all intended purposes, I just don't see it as a healthy part of my future especially being as prone as I am to addiction.

Cancer runs in the family and in addition to AAS/peptide usage, this puts a bit of a scare in me.

Goodfellas
08-01-2009, 01:24 PM
You can challenge the insurance companies. I have never been inpatient but they said I maxed my CSW visits. I challeneged their decision now I am going every two weeks Copay $15.

The psychiatrist all he does is pump you full of meds. He doesnt listen just up up up the dosages. I have been on Xanax a long time.

SonOfPluto
08-01-2009, 01:26 PM
In the first place if most people would try Marijuana before getting hooked on Xanax or other anxiety meds they absolutely will be healthier in their decision to use a natural plant rather than popping pills everyday. Just my 2 cents

I've never read any of the studies using vaporizers but the fact remains that one does ingest a certain amount of toxins when inhaling the smoke. However, the notion that it is safer based on the mere fact that its a 'natural plant' really doesn't hold any water.

ubermensch
08-01-2009, 01:29 PM

You make a great and valid point, but REMEMBER this is the NA forum and just be careful to not praise it too highly as a way of rectifying a current drug problem, because it is not smart for addicts (if indeed you are one by self admission)

But yes, in the grand scheme of things and for the "normies" weed is a GREAT alternative to benzo pills, sleeping pills (Although Zolpidem(Ambien) is not an actual benzo, it WILL produce the same kind of dependence and the person will exhibit all the signs of withdrawal that he or she would off of an actual benzo. They are very closely related. Again, dosage plays the ultimate role here and duration of administration.

ubermensch
08-01-2009, 01:40 PM
You can challenge the insurance companies. I have never been inpatient but they said I maxed my CSW visits. I challeneged their decision now I am going every two weeks Copay $15.

The psychiatrist all he does is pump you full of meds. He doesnt listen just up up up the dosages. I have been on Xanax a long time.

THIS is all too common and I could put a swear word in here or there on this post but will refrain. This is exactly the crap that the Bureaucracy called our healthcare system is very adept at doing and do you know what I call it......LAZINESS on the part of the MD. I see this and it serves as an example of exactly what I WILL NOT do.

Jesus, what happened to the Hippocratic oath??? I would really like to know and I know nothing is going to get solved by my typing out these words but maybe it will open up the eyes of some and make them think twice before going to a doc for a psych problem. It is hard to find a doc who genuinely cares anymore. The system is overloaded as is each individual doctor and doctors are not making near the money they were even 5 years ago. Their incentive (money shouldn't be the incentive in the first place to practice medicine but for a great many it is the reason they chose the profession. I train several docs and not one of them is informed enough to carry on a proper medical conversation concerning notonly hormones but other meds as well.) is gone or fast leaving.

Most docs I know personally are junkies, but you could never tell them that. Went on a hunting trip with two doctor friends of mine and you wouldn't believe the array of pills these guy's take just to get them through a day sane. I keep my mouth shut. It is a useless endeavor trying to talk to someone who went through med school(as atavistic and outdated as it is these days).

irishpride
08-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Weeds a drug?
why jump into using another drug when you can just stop using all drugs? many chemically addicted people take drugs to relieve anxiety, depression and tons of other ailments but the reality is they dont have coping skills and the drug is there crutch..once they get free of the drug and enter a program they then can begin to develop the necasry skills to live a highly functional drug free life..much better than switching drugs..personally i dont feel someone is clean if the still smoke pot even though they were a heroin/coke/meth blah blah blah, to me its still a mind altering drug used to escape and not deal..i am not saying though if someone has an actual medical condition requireing the person to take meds that may or may not be seen as mind altering as not being clean though..they want to be and they are in need and NEED to take it..you dont NEED to smoke weed for anxiety..

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
08-01-2009, 02:39 PM
What else is Xanax called? I often hear Americans talking about it but I have never heard of it in the UK.

Some other's that work like Xanax are (and please forgive my spelling....)

Valium, Flurazepam, Lorazepam, Cholonopin, Diazepam etc.....
These are all meds that can be taken to aid in anxiety and sleeplessness. .
Apparently when you are really relaxed, you doze off for hours.
I wouldn't recommend trying to function on these after prolonged use. They make you get absolutely nothing done.

SonOfPluto
08-01-2009, 02:43 PM

Speaking of upping the dosages, I know of a girl that is being treated with 300mgs of methadone a day for pain relating to a genetic condition she has involving her pancreas, I believe..

And to top it off, dilauded was recently added to the mix due to severe teeth pain! Given her ingestion of all these narcotics, It would be a small miracle in itself for her to even be able to use the bathroom at this point...

Sistersteel
08-01-2009, 05:39 PM
What you fail to understand, and I'v e had many ask and wonder the same thing about being able to train like that. Trust me, when you have enough androgens (Halotestin amongst others)coursing through your blood, Xanax does very little but to calm you a bit and make life bearable and I would rather deal with a slow withdrawal than have the ones I love hate me or not be able to stand being around me.

You're right. It was a bad idea and I havd admitted it. Docs here in Southern Florida we'll give you basically anything it seems. I'm from Iowa. There is no way I would ever eneter a treatment center for the exact reason you stated.....it can be fatal.

I worked as a CDT (Chemical Dependency Technician) for several years in college and could never understand why all the benzo addicts took off after a day or two whereas the narcotic addicts more often than not stuck it out and recovered in a matter of three to four weeks. (Yes the major withdrawal takes 3-5 days) But the aftershock of the withdrawal can be felt for weeks after. You know this already so I don't have to re-iterate this to you.

The way I am doing it is recommended by a doctor in England. I will pm you the schedule if I can.

I'm doing very well as of now. 2 days ago I started 1mg in morning, .5 at 2, and 1mg at bed. A few weeks of that and then I will go to .5mg in the morning, .5 at 2pm, and 1mg at bed and so on.

Yes, you are right SisterSteele, Xanax is meant for occasiional use. Even two weeks of constant benzo exposure will produce quite a withdrawal, even on a small amount of Xanax. I did not do this for reasons stated and yes, i bought the ticket, I will take the ride.

And for informational purposes 1mg of Xanax(alprazolam)= 20mgs of Diazepam (Valium). Valium is not nearly as powerful and has a much longer half-life. Ativan, Rophenol, and Xanax are three of the most powerful benzo's and the hardest to get off of.

To those who chide me for my choices and methods, I ask you to turn to yourselves and examine your own chemical practices on yourself throughout the years.

There is no way on god's green earth I am going to consult a doc here in Ft. Lauderdale on Xanax withdrawal or any chemical dependency clinic, which, and I know this to be ABSOLUTELY true, they are money - making machines and really don't give a real damn about your well being. That's why I left the field. It made me really sick and angry at how money-driven recovery-based prograqms are today.

Of course it costs plenty to run these operations and I know this, but when they keep you holed up until your insurance runs out, or your family cannot afford to keep their loved one in the center anymmore THEY BOOT YOU OUT with no real concern for aftercare other than "Go to meetings" which I support 100%.

You can only do this if you really want it damn bad. I became addicted by "accident" if you will. I had no idea the power of this drug and i know plenty of docs who are in a much worse bag than I and they have convinced themselves that they are alright. I guess it's in the eye's of the beholder whether one has a problem or not.

Life is good though and I really cannot complain. I have it good. Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude.

Thanks for your input SisterSteele. I will shoot you that pm if it will attach.

I can totally relate to the lack of concern for the addict's well being if the money is not available to afford outpatient withdrawal programs and after care. But there are many doctors specialized in addiction medicine who will put you on a withdrawal protocol and monitor you periodically. These doctors usually have their private practices and will be able to prescribe some of the better detox meds to assist you. Then you have the crisis centers that are free, but you risk getting locked up with the scum of the earth. They will monitor your withdrawals and make sure you do not die in the process, but obviously you will not be getting the more effective drugs to alleviate the miseries of withdrawal. But they will do the bare minimum they can afford to provide you with a pot to piss in, some blankets to cover you as you convulse through the nights, and some spam with a piece of fruit to feed you. You will not be able to leave though you willingly admitted yourself. They will only release you when they feel you are ready to go. There are meetings around the hour in those facilities too. Its like prison, only worse. lol Then you have the option of paying a small something if you cannot afford the fancier outpatient programs and having a doctor prescribe meds to help with withdrawal symptoms like diarrhea, muscle cramps, etc..but nothing to take away the misery or suppress the cravings etc...this approach doesn't work for shit.

Its just a fucking mess really. Its more of a hassle coming off the drugs than it to chase or use them.

Could you please post up a link to that withdrawal program you PMed me? I think its very interesting and might help some other soul out there.

SS

Sistersteel
08-01-2009, 05:51 PM

If one could pick and choose what drugs they got addicted to, I think I would have picked alcohol over heroin.

Oh wait...alcohol is not a drug. :rolleyes:

ubermensch
08-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Here is the link. I believe one should read through all chapters. If one link doesn't work, the other should.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha02.htm

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha02.htm

R.I.P.
08-01-2009, 11:16 PM
isn't this a NA board. stop all the fucking talk about using this or that and using one instead of another. noone told me i was an addict, i knew. the text says that we sometimes exchange one drug for another or a combinaqtion til we get it right. what i didn't know was that it ain't the dope that makes me an addict, it the way i react when i'm using dope. the basic text says drugs are a symptom of our disease. i bought into this. we have one promise; freedom from active addiction, thats it. noone said i was gonna get rich find the woman of dreams and live happily ever after. NO, they said if you follw these principles and practice them in your life, youcan live a life free from active addiction . i understand withdrawal is a bitch. but my pride kept me using for a long time against my will. this is a NA forum if you have medical questions ask a doctor we can help you with your problem only if you are willing.i do remember what it was like out there. it was absolutely hell. my family loved me my freinds cared. but i didn't care it was all about me and my self centeredness. get some help. the text tells me i can't save my ass and my face at the same time.i don't no if you're an addict , only you can make that call. but you did come to this forum for a reason. please get some help.

R.I.P.
08-01-2009, 11:20 PM
If one could pick and choose what drugs they got addicted to, I think I would have picked alcohol over heroin.

Oh wait...alcohol is not a drug. :rolleyes:

i don't know about you but my drug of choice was all of them. alcohol is drug... yo.hope you being funny SS.my buddy shot heroin and drank, when he shares his storyhe always says alcohol jones is worse than a heroin jones. go figure. to each there own huh?

R.I.P.
08-01-2009, 11:29 PM

sir i smoked pot before i ever did anything else. maybe you aren't an addict, but most of us here are. i come into this forum to get and receive information on how to stay clean not how to trade one drug for another. please respect our recovery and refrain from doing so.

zubbeyboy
08-01-2009, 11:35 PM
sir i smoked pot before i ever did anything else. maybe you aren't an addict, but most of us here are. i come into this forum to get and receive information on how to stay clean not how to trade one drug for another. please respect our recovery and refrain from doing so.

Understandable. Sorry

Sistersteel
08-02-2009, 01:09 AM
i don't know about you but my drug of choice was all of them. alcohol is drug... yo.hope you being funny SS.my buddy shot heroin and drank, when he shares his storyhe always says alcohol jones is worse than a heroin jones. go figure. to each there own huh?

Obviously, hence the use of the sarcastic smilie.

R.I.P.
08-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Obviously, hence the use of the sarcastic smilie.

i figured you were being sarcastic sister.:D it's all good.

Sistersteel
08-02-2009, 12:57 PM
What people fail to realize most of the time is that "addiction" does not necessarily imply that one is hooked on a "substance"...addiction is a "behavior"... a destructive repetitive behavior, by definition.

Some people are addicted to pain, self mutilation, excessive hand washing, food, gambling, porn...doesn't have to be cocaine, heroin or alcohol etc.

That is why the program aims at changing ones ATTITUDE to help an addict overcome their addiction.

SS

R.I.P.
08-02-2009, 01:16 PM
that is why i love NA. when i was young i went to another fellowship, and told i did'nt belong. it has never been about the dope, it was always about me.i used cuz i didn't like me. at least in the end. i cursed god everyday cuz i was still alive. i know now that my life was spared in order to live the 12th step and 5th tradition.for these reasons and more ,i am grateful.