PDA

View Full Version : Primo and restricted diets

Lee Penman
08-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Need your input on this for fortchcoming article. Primo is reputed to be the only AAS that produces results on limited calories. Do the 'real world' results back this up?
Also..what are the worst sides experienced?

tammyp
08-01-2009, 10:12 AM
as in what? muscle retention, gain?

Lee Penman
08-01-2009, 10:15 AM
as in what? muscle retention, gain?
As with muscle gain...in terms of using it in the off season with calorie control versus pre contest to 'hold' muscle....although the 'muscle retention' effect is also worthy of exploring....

sassy69
08-01-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't think I've ever heard that before...

Sistersteel
08-01-2009, 04:01 PM
All steroids are meant to retain muscle on a calorie deficient diet. That is not unique to primo alone. I think what you are trying to get at is the ability to retain muscle GAINS MADE ON primo while restricting calories. Ones ability to maintain Chemically produced gains is highly dependent on diet. You are more than likely to keep gains that you've made slowly over an dextended period of time than you are to keep quicker ones. That being said, Primo and Eq are very similar in mechanism, due to the long half life gains are made gradually and slowly. You are more than likely to keep MOST such gains rather than ALL of them on a calorie restricted diet.

I do not like primo. It makes my hair fall out.

SS

tammyp
08-02-2009, 06:59 AM
heres a question....i know AS prevent muscle loss when dieting, but can you still lose muscle even if your on?

Quadsweep
08-02-2009, 12:08 PM
heres a question....i know AS prevent muscle loss when dieting, but can you still lose muscle even if your on? I think so. If ones calories do stay low enough long enough eventually you will lose lean mass especially with cardio thrown in. While any AAS will help maintain a positive nitrogen balance it does have its limits. I think Primo does help maintain gains while on a Kcal restricted diet but I do not think its possible for it to build new muscle while restricting. Like trying to build a house without building materials like 2x4s and plywood and drywall. The gear is just nails and screws and adhesives. Need the other stuff to build your house.

Quad

sassy69
08-02-2009, 04:52 PM
I think so. If ones calories do stay low enough long enough eventually you will lose lean mass especially with cardio thrown in. While any AAS will help maintain a positive nitrogen balance it does have its limits. I think Primo does help maintain gains while on a Kcal restricted diet but I do not think its possible for it to build new muscle while restricting. Like trying to build a house without building materials like 2x4s and plywood and drywall. The gear is just nails and screws and adhesives. Need the other stuff to build your house.

Quad

Fantastic analogy in general. If your foundation stuff isn't already established and consistent (diet, training, cardio), no amount of AAS is going to fix it.

But to Tammy's question, it has to be tight, but also sufficient. Its a bit of an artform finding the right balance of diet, training, cardio & sleep to get optimal fat burning / minimal muscle burning .