PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with Colette Nelson!

Pages : [1] 2 3

huge285
02-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Ask Colette Nelson all the questions you've been wondering about!

SallyAnne
02-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Colette - the site looks awesome. Can't wait to read what you have to say about the whole thing. ;)

BILLY GUNS
02-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Sock or no sock?

Adam Reich
02-09-2009, 09:54 AM
love ya Colette!!!

dvsness
02-09-2009, 10:14 AM
How far ahead do you suggest I start working with you on posing choreography?

THUNDERGOD
02-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Great!!!! Now Lisa will be spending all of her free time on Colette's thread..LOL

BILLY GUNS
02-09-2009, 10:28 AM
How far ahead do you suggest I start working with you on posing choreography?

You need alot of help here :D I would start 2 weeks ago :eek:

dvsness
02-09-2009, 10:37 AM
You need alot of help here :D I would start 2 weeks ago :eek:

Who are you? :confused:

BILLY GUNS
02-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Who are you? :confused:

Who am I.... I'm the 6'4 skinny twink that overloads on AAS and eats very little and still manages to wear an NPC tank top:eek:

flipper
02-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi Colette, my wife is on Dave;s diet and she wanted to know if its ok to have spinach with the diet, and how much? Thanks

dvsness
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Who am I.... I'm the 6'4 skinny twink that overloads on AAS and eats very little and still manages to wear an NPC tank top:eek:

Ah, I remember. :D Thanks for the visual - I'm going to gouge my eyes out now!

Hi Colette, my wife is on Dave;s diet and she wanted to know if its ok to have spinach with the diet, and how much? Thanks

Not Colette, but yes - there are green veggies in the diet.

~gymdiva~
02-09-2009, 12:51 PM
hey Colette! can't wait to see you again! :D

BILLY GUNS
02-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Ah, I remember. :D Thanks for the visual - I'm going to gouge my eyes out now!

Hey whatever it takes to make your tookus look smaller:eek:

Colette Nelson
02-09-2009, 03:49 PM
YOU GUYS... we are BACK!! Better than ever!!! I had someone COPY my entire thread so I am going to add back my RECIPES.... YEAH!!! And.. I am going to do some COOKING DEMO's on VIDEO this time... now you all are going to learn how to make my secret sauce.

AND BILLY..............definatly NO SOCK!!!!

Colette Nelson
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
hey Colette! can't wait to see you again! :D

BABY.... thanks for the love. I am glad you are back and you know I am always there for you. I felt so bad about all the drama with Doctors.. I could tell you stories about HOW MUCH I DON'T trust them. So.. I am with you. Let's keep the fire, what else are we going to do right !!!!

Colette Nelson
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM

I am a bigger believer in VEGGIE's than my other half. You just don't want to go totally crazy b/c it just keeps your stomach stretched and can make that feeling of fullness more difficult to achieve. On a different note.. veggie are mostly fiber, especially SPINACH, LETTUCE and other green leafy veggies. So, if you weigh out on a food scale 2 oz cooked you are fine. You honestly could eat a lmitless amount of Ice Burg lettuce. In fact... in full out dieting mode.. get a head of iceburg lettuce, make any type of protein (* i like to just grill up turkey/chicken/lean meat burger ) and just make lettuce wraps. It makes you feel like you are eating.

Also.. I make a killer cauliflower rice ( just use a food processor ) and you can have up to cup cooked with under 20 kcal and tons of fiber.

Again.......DON'T go overboard.. but, you can use them in the diet.

Colette Nelson
02-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Colette - the site looks awesome. Can't wait to read what you have to say about the whole thing. ;)

WE LOVE YOU SALLY For CHOOSING OUR TEAM... THE TRUTH!!!!

Tami Bellon
02-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi Colette! :) What drives you to keep competing?

Colette Nelson
02-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey Vanessa......... I am mixing your music.... so, you should start sending me some of your Favorite songs. I want to do soemthing HOT HOT HOT for you. And.. I have actually choreographed 3 routines so far and mixed 5 people's routines.. so, it is never too ealry baby!!!! I am here for you and you have BEEN awesome and I can never thank you enough for all your support.

BILLY GUNS
02-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Hi Colette! :) What drives you to keep competing?

PEANUT BUTTER as a reward after the shows:D

MichaelWayne
02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Was listening to an old radio show on another site and you talked about your "Secret Mustard sauce" (you said you put it on chicken)...what exactly do you put in it and what quantities? If this is a IF I TOLD YOU, I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU, I understand.

Fitswim by Celeste
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
ROCK ON BABY! :D can't wait for the cooking demos - they are going to be awesome!

Heather Grace
02-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Personally I'm pretty excited about the cauliflower rice :D-

Colette Nelson
02-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Personally I'm pretty excited about the cauliflower rice :D-

Heather... as you should be b/c it is a dieting savior.

1 head of cauliflower
Food processor ( I LOVE my wolgang puck all in one emulsion/food processor )
soy sauce
balsamic vinegar
paprka
salt/ pepper
1 packet stevia
1 clove garlic (pressed , optional )

The key is the food processor and chopping it up to look like rice, and taste like it for that matter.

Put in a skillet
NO OIL NEEDED
add about 2 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of water, 1 tbsp balsamic ( not too much liquid is needed )
add desired paprkia, garlic, 1 packet stevia and salt/pepper to season

On medium heat ( WITH A LID ) simmer for about 3-5 minutues. Remove lid and increase heat and just keep mixing the cauliflower. For a nice southerwestern FLARE, add some cilantro.

It is awesome.. and if you feel like cheating I would rather it be on this than REAL RICE!!!

Also.. keep in mind, Cauliflower contains INDOLES which help lower estrogen levels.

Another benefit.

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Was listening to an old radio show on another site and you talked about your "Secret Mustard sauce" (you said you put it on chicken)...what exactly do you put in it and what quantities? If this is a IF I TOLD YOU, I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU, I understand.

Ah. you remember that!!!! Back in the day, right?

It is my secret sauce and I bring it with me everywhere b/c it just makes food taste better.

Make MY SECRET SAUCE...
I like a brand of dijon mustard , Maille Dijon Mustard about 3/4 full
Mix with Balsamic Vinegar - I recently fell in
love with white balsamic vinegar, about 1/2 tbso
Lite Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Paprika 1/4 tsp
2-4 packets of Stevia ( or splenda ), depending on how sweet you like your dressing
1 tbsp water

SHAKE, and you have a virtually calorie free dressing.

You can experiment with adding a little lemon,
different spices and different proportions of
vinegar and soy sauce.

I recently added ginger ( I just got the real ginger root and peeled it then grated it and added it to the dressing )
You could do the same with Garlic.

Steph Orr
02-09-2009, 05:15 PM
YOU GUYS... we are BACK!! Better than ever!!! I had someone COPY my entire thread so I am going to add back my RECIPES.... YEAH!!! And.. I am going to do some COOKING DEMO's on VIDEO this time... now you all are going to learn how to make my secret sauce.

AND BILLY..............definatly NO SOCK!!!!

I'm looking forward to the cooking demos Colette and I'm also glad you saved the recipes. It's great to be here, Congrats!

MichaelWayne
02-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Ah. you remember that!!!! Back in the day, right?

It is my secret sauce and I bring it with me everywhere b/c it just makes food taste better.

Make MY SECRET SAUCE...
I like a brand of dijon mustard , Maille Dijon Mustard about 3/4 full
Mix with Balsamic Vinegar - I recently fell in
love with white balsamic vinegar, about 1/2 tbso
Lite Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp
Paprika 1/4 tsp
2-4 packets of Stevia ( or splenda ), depending on how sweet you like your dressing
1 tbsp water

SHAKE, and you have a virtually calorie free dressing.

You can experiment with adding a little lemon,
different spices and different proportions of
vinegar and soy sauce.

I recently added ginger ( I just got the real ginger root and peeled it then grated it and added it to the dressing )
You could do the same with Garlic.

Vinegar DAMN, thats what I was missing. YOU DA LADY!!!!!

Colette Nelson
02-09-2009, 05:35 PM
OKay... here it is!!! The archives of yester year!!! I have the PDF of my Q&A and I wanted to put them up for everyone to be able to go back and read at their leisure. There are a lot of good recipes....
http://www.colettenelson.com/RxMuscleQA/ColetteQA.pdf

AND... THANKYOU CELESTE... you are my girl!!! You saved the day for SAVING my thread.

I love you baby!!!!!

cheddar cheese
02-09-2009, 05:54 PM
you guys... We are back!! Better than ever!!! I had someone copy my entire thread so i am going to add back my recipes.... Yeah!!! And.. I am going to do some cooking demo's on video this time... Now you all are going to learn how to make my secret sauce.

And billy..............definatly no sock!!!!

excellent!!

Colette Nelson
02-09-2009, 05:59 PM
After SEEING PEANUT BUTTER in BOLD it got me thinking about my favorite peanuts:
http://www.nutsonline.com/nuts/peanuts/super-jumbo-salted.html?sid=ktMUxviAT2KKTvBq

And for those of you who know me ... I MAKE MY OWN PEANUT BUTTER and when I use these peanuts... unbelievable.

Vicki Nixon
02-09-2009, 06:12 PM
JUST stopping in to show some LOVE to MY GIRL Colettey!!!
HUGS

tammyp
02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
great to be part this great place!

and i vote no sock!

Nadia Nardi
02-09-2009, 06:56 PM
mmmm Colette, your secret sauce recipe made my mouth water!! As for making your own PB..I'm speechless!!!..and hungry..lol...

Paul C
02-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi Colette, it's Paul, thanks for everything you do for me. Will talk to you soon. Hopfully we meet up in Fl this year.:D

AmandaDunbar
02-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Colette....

Ahhh, the secret sauce. ;) Do you really think this stuff needs to be refridgerated after making? lol.

Let me put my 2 cents in about the sock/no sock. I vote NO SOCK. :)~ hahaha.

I think I need to try the Cauliflower recipe. That is sounding like something I might even be able to make.

Vicki - How are you!??

~gymdiva~
02-09-2009, 11:57 PM
BABY.... thanks for the love. I am glad you are back and you know I am always there for you. I felt so bad about all the drama with Doctors.. I could tell you stories about HOW MUCH I DON'T trust them. So.. I am with you. Let's keep the fire, what else are we going to do right !!!!

yeah that was not the most fun little venture...moving up and on now! :o

and ps, I have a girl for you! you'll get to meet her at the arnold...omg she's such a cutie! they are gonna love her on the national scene when it's her time! and I'm already telling her Mary Hobbs for tan and you for makeup baby! :D

Heather Grace
02-10-2009, 01:12 AM
Thank you so much Collette! I'm loving the recipe!:D

IslandGirl
02-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey sexy lady! I hope to see you again this year.

sassy69
02-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Hi Colette!

MAYOR OF BODYBUILDING
02-10-2009, 02:27 AM
Hi Sassy and Dviness! Colette all the best with RXMUSCLE!:D

Angela123
02-10-2009, 03:01 AM
so glad this thread is up and running! and omg...i need to try that cauliflower rice recipe. actually, i had some cauliflower tonight.

thanks again for this thread and all the useful info and advice you give us all.

tammyp
02-10-2009, 07:57 AM
i have just starting using miracle noodles and love them! can they be used through prep? any recipes for them?

2hot4u
02-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Do you have any insight on what the judges will be looking for this year in us female bodybuilders?? shredded, ripped, soft, just plain beautiful? inquiry minds really NEED to know. I usually come in shredded and super lean but it seems like that isn't what they want now. I look my best this way so i am getting worried that I won't place well.

p.s. i will have to add my avatar when i get home since that is where all my pics are stored. I am at work lol online!!!

Palumbos Boy
02-10-2009, 08:10 AM
Colette

see ya soon!! 2 weeks to go!!!:D:D:D

ms.karen
02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
PEANUT BUTTER as a reward after the shows:D

Hey Collette! I'm on Dave's diet. I told him I was addicted to Peanut Butter, and his reply was "you and every other woman in the world!" Why is that?? I swear, I go in the grocery store to get eggs, and I HAVE to walk down the peanut butter/nut isle, stare like a lost idiot, then walk away:confused:.

Anyway, here's a REAL question (I'm sure it's been answered 15 times before, but I can't find a response):

On Dave's diet (and low intensity cardio), can I expect to keep the muscle I already have, or will I lose some? I'm 16.5 weeks out and still have 25 lbs to lose.

~gymdiva~
02-10-2009, 03:17 PM
you know how to cure pb addiction? get salmonella :D

(that happened to me in 07...I was soooo ahead of my time ;) )

ms.karen
02-10-2009, 05:10 PM

Oh you're just showing off! ;)

2hot4u
02-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Where is Joel?????

Elise
02-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeh where is Joel?

goddessamazon
02-10-2009, 09:03 PM
I've always been the "odd ball" in the bunch because I could take or leave Peanut Butter. I don't go crazy with it like other women prepping for a comp

BUT RAW CASHEWS???????????? :eek:

Never in my life would I think I'll go crazy over those things. It's got so bad that I had to remove it from my diet completely because I would eat on those things all day long.

Raw cashews was my crack! Now I'm proud to call myself a recovering cashew addict. :D

Tuffgirl410
02-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Oh my gosh I am a complete Cashew addict too!!! For my cheat meal I could eat a whole bag... I dream about cashews like every nite too!!!

MIKE
02-10-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey Colette, great to see you around. Glad to see Dave and John respond soooo quickly. I need to touch base with you and plug this site in your article for the April Issue. Talk to you soon.
MIKE

Colette Nelson
02-10-2009, 11:20 PM
MIKE... yes we do. Make sure to mention.. .www.rxmuscle.com ... we need to put that in the article. It is crazy.. you and I work on this article for the magazine... and then all this happens with Dave... never a dull moment.

SBT
02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Great recipes!!! :)

Arina Manta
02-11-2009, 02:38 AM
Hi beautiful Colette.
The other morning on the news here in Australia sayed that is something wrong with the peanut butter in US and everyone to stay away . Gives you some kind of intestines problems. I will be soon traveling to the states and I was wondering if it's true about peanut butter or it's only the products made with peanut butter .
Maybe I should have my jar of peanut butter from here.

Thank you.

See you soon.

Arina x

~gymdiva~
02-11-2009, 02:05 PM
I've always been the "odd ball" in the bunch because I could take or leave Peanut Butter. I don't go crazy with it like other women prepping for a comp

BUT RAW CASHEWS???????????? :eek:

Never in my life would I think I'll go crazy over those things. It's got so bad that I had to remove it from my diet completely because I would eat on those things all day long.

Raw cashews was my crack! Now I'm proud to call myself a recovering cashew addict. :D

you know what, I'm the same way! I can sit down and eat the whole container in one sitting without a problem...no other nut makes me do that!

ms.karen
02-11-2009, 03:17 PM
you know what, I'm the same way! I can sit down and eat the whole container in one sitting without a problem...no other nut makes me do that!

Ok, I think it's time we get some science behind the nut cravings that we have when dieting. Anybody in RxMuscleLand smart enough to figure this out?...Not me

goddessamazon
02-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi Colette?

I have a question about avocados. Since they are high in monounsaturated fat why are they not suggested to eat on a keto diet?

For example, what's wrong with eating 8oz of lean chicken or turkey with half of an avocado?

Vicki Nixon
02-11-2009, 07:41 PM
AMANDA!!! I sent u a Prvt message!!! Hit me back girl!!!
xoxox;)

Colette Nelson
02-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Vicki -- How is my girl and how is the VIRUS on your site??? What a nightmare. I love you too and you know I am always there for you. Now I am dealing with Dena's and Tazzie's site that I can't dissinfect!!!! Nightmare!!

Amanda... MY BEST FRIEND! Always there for each other... sock or no sock!!!! Hey.. you know me.. I can eat CHICKEN out of a refridgerator from 4 days ago... I have the stomach of steel.

Peanut butter... Yes, when they said that peanut butter and products that contained peanut butter night contain Salmonella I was like... THANK GOD. Maybe I can actually STAY AWAY From it!!! But.. remember, I make my own. And.. I eat the NATURAL stuff... rather than the crappy stuff like SKIPPY/JIFF/ etc... My homemade peanut butter is the best!!!

TAMMY - Miracle noodels I used for my prep when I achieved my best condition to date, 2003 Europa. They are NOT absorbed and mostly Glucomanan fiber. They help to keep you full and are just awesome. They save the day in my opinion. Don't be afraid of them... they work magic.

Goddessamazon... Avocados can be used in a ketogenic diet.. but, just make sure that they are eaten with a low fat protein otherwise you will be eating TOO MUCH FAT at your meal. A woman should eat, on a ketogenic diet, no more than 10 gms of fat / meal. So.. you really have to MEASURE your avocado. If see the FIBER, only 2.7 gm of NET CARBS. This is totally acceptable for a ketogenic diet. More fiber than nuts.. and those with NUT addicitons would be better off using avovado.
2.5 oz -- weighed Avocado.
119 kcal
10.9 gm fat
Carbs -6.1 gm
Fiber - 4.8 gm

Elise -- HEY EVERYONE. Check our my girl Elise Firestone ( Cosmetic Artistry ) THREAD about hair/make-up/beauty... GOOD STUFF

INTRODUCING - IRONLADY DOC MALEA JENSEN THREAD- For all those with TRUE medical questions.. she is a bodybuilder, DO and a great DOCTOR. Sharon. you should run by your issues with her.... it might be great to have her insight. Also.. she is a WOMAN like US and has a different perspective on MEDICINE.

Ms. Karen - NUT ADDICTION!! I think this is very complex. It is an easy food to rationalize. This is what all dieters do. As a competitor we are faced with the idea of extreme dieting.. and let's face it.. whenever you get your bodyfat below the essential requirements for women which is 10-13%, it HURTS!!! It isn't natural and your body will naturally start to crave FAT!!! Certainly when on a ketogenic diet.. you are still eating fats.. but, in extreme cases you have to go on protein/veggies which further makes your body crave fats. Then.. there it is .. .the forbidden food... nuts, cashews, nuts butters... HEALHTY... yet deadly. If they weren't so DENSE in calories... it wouldn't be so dreadful to dieting. But.. think about it.. 10 nuts are as much as 160-190 kcal. And like the above..I have polished off BIG BAGS of nuts too and I cringe to think of the calories consumed. That becomes a NOT SO HEALTHY FOOD at that point. It is so complex and food is such a personal thing. I think we all have our own reasons for loving peanut butter/nuts but as a bodybuilder I think it is all about rationlization.

Just a few thoughts to all my LADIES... that i love so much.

GO CAULIFLOWER RICE.. you guys have to try it.

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Hi Colette, it's Paul, thanks for everything you do for me. Will talk to you soon. Hopfully we meet up in Fl this year.:D

Paul... You know how much I care about you! I am looking into some experimental islet cell transplants that are going on in Russa. They have cured some type 1 diabetics using FETAL placental stem cells and with no immunosuppresant drugs many of the patients have remained insulin free for over a year.. obviously we would be guinea pigs.. but, i am looking into this. I will keep you posted.

Colette

sba220
02-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Last night Colette pillaged my bags for a half empty jar of almond butter. Its true.

I found her passed out on the couch with an empty jar in one hand, a spoon in the other, and the dogs licking the remnants of the AB off her face.

Colette Nelson
02-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Sean.. You are funny!! I told you not to tease me with that Almond butter.. how dare you open a jar right behind me in my perfect vision. You are lucky that the above scenerio wasn't a reality.. you better keep that almond butter FAR FAR FAR away from me.

Colette Nelson
02-11-2009, 11:54 PM
This is a great EYE opening video on how we underestimate what we are eating..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Watch it with an open mind...

PJ BRAUN
02-12-2009, 12:02 AM
Just stopping by to profess my love

2hot4u
02-12-2009, 04:04 AM
awww, Colette you forgot to answer my question!! ;( maybe next go around

gonneke
02-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi Colette ,
Your a great help !
Thanks girl -x- kiss:)

2hot4u
02-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Seeing this some time ago changed me FOREVER!!! I now weigh EVERYTHING i eat to be true to myself. It is a learning tool.

New2thegame
02-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Colette,
Have you posted in rxmuscle your recipe for cookies?

FlyFitGal
02-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi Colette!!! How r ya??? :)

Vicki Nixon
02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks to you, alls well on my site now!!!! HOPE things will fix up soon with the other girls, bless your heart!

I will see u at the NY show??:confused:

Colette Nelson
02-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Do you have any insight on what the judges will be looking for this year in us female bodybuilders?? shredded, ripped, soft, just plain beautiful? inquiry minds really NEED to know. I usually come in shredded and super lean but it seems like that isn't what they want now. I look my best this way so i am getting worried that I won't place well.

What are my thoughts on female bodybuillding. To be honest.... IT IS ALL ABOUT WHO IS ON STAGE at what given contest. I swear.. if all the girls are HARD they are going to judge HARD. If they come in soft they are going to judge soft.. this is where things get confusing. I remember going to the Jr. Nationals in 07 ( don't quote me on the year ) but all the girls we soft so the ONE VERY HARD and deserved winner ending up placing out of the top 5. I always tell the girls.. COME IN LOOKING YOUR BEST. Have you ever noticed.. some FBB can get away with coming in ultra hard such as Krisy Hawkins... why, She looks her best and still looks feminine. Every BODY is DIFFERENT and some can get away with NOT coming in ultra hard and still looking incredible... such as Betty Vienna. You can't worry about what the judges are looking for.. come in the best condition you can and how you FEEL the best about your BODY. When you KNOW you are in SHAPE and exude that inner confidence... your body and how you present it just look better.

Colette

Steph Orr
02-13-2009, 12:36 AM

I'm definitely guilty for licking the spoon :D. Good video Colette, thanks. Any idea where to get a scale like that?

Tiki
02-13-2009, 03:33 AM
In one of the episodes of In The Trenches, you mentioned some sort of Diet Orange Cream Soda that you drink. Every store that I venture into (it never fails) I search for Diet Orange Cream Soda but, I have yet to find it! :(

What Brand do you drink and where do you buy it?

mso
02-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Colette, when will you and dave get married? :D

Gunz
02-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Colette: Here's an idea: Put all of your recipes in a "cookbook"....I'd buy it.

2hot4u
02-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Me too!!! and I could sell a bunch of them at my gyms i workout at!!!!
Colette: Here's an idea: Put all of your recipes in a "cookbook"....I'd buy it.

**blondie**
02-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi Collette! I'm Kristen, huge fan of yours!!! Hope that I will get to meet you in person @ the Arnold!

-- Really looking forward 2 any & all recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~gymdiva~
02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
^Colette this is my girl! heehee...I'm grooming her for schmoeville ;) they're gonna love her!

dvsness
02-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Colette,
Have you posted in rxmuscle your recipe for cookies?

Who said cookies? :o

Jer
02-13-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm looking forward to the cooking demos Colette.....

Absolutely.

BadAssBarbie
02-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi Colette?

I have a question about avocados. Since they are high in monounsaturated fat why are they not suggested to eat on a keto diet?

For example, what's wrong with eating 8oz of lean chicken or turkey with half of an avocado?
I'm also on Dave's diet. I am an avocado addict! I asked Dave this question a long time ago, and he told me that I could have 1/4c. avocado in place of the nuts!

Gunz
02-14-2009, 04:29 AM

Yep, I would say that would do the trick!!

Gunz
02-14-2009, 04:30 AM
Colette, when will you and dave get married? :D

Can you imagine what kind of offspring they'd have!!!

goddessamazon
02-14-2009, 10:53 AM
I'm also on Dave's diet. I am an avocado addict! I asked Dave this question a long time ago, and he told me that I could have 1/4c. avocado in place of the nuts!

It's almost comp time for me and I noticed last week that I was over doing it with the almonds. First it was cashews and now it's almonds so once I finished that last batch several days ago I refused to buy anymore and stick to the avocado which is a PERFECT SUBSTITUTE. :D

I noticed that nuts are easy for me to grab and eat without measuring or counting the qualities but opening, slicing and measuring an avocado takes time which deters me from overdoing it or cheating. Not only that but avocados are YUMMY!!!!

Thanks for sharing your avocado experience! :)

Carolyn Bryant
02-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Hello Ladies, Queens, Divas, Transies, Hermaphrodites and all others who sit on the toilet to pee. This is Carolyn Bryant, aka The Black Iron Princess. I'm here to launch my column called "From a Woman's Point of View." The column is edgy, entertaining, juicy, controversial and down-right hilarious. It's all about girl talk and telling our side of what's going on in the industry. Some of you may already be familiar with my stance in the female bodybuilding world. I do not promote androgyny in this sport. Nuff said. Got something to say? Free your mind.

Here are the rules. I won't say let's keep it clean because the dirtier the better. Refrain from being messy, belligerent or using terms that could be misconstrued as fighting words. Keeps your emotions in check and let's have fun. Remember these are just opinions. If you heard something please preface the discussion with "rumor has it." If you know something for a fact and want to talk about it, that's cool. But let's not use this space to iron out beefs with other readers or air dirty laundry unless you are presenting the information for the readers to help you resolve a problem.

Topic of the Week: Which male bodybuilder, pro or amateur, has the best ass on the planet? My vote goes to Victor Martinez. Close 2nd is Gustavo Badell. But not because of how that bootay looks on stage. Moreso, the way it fits in those jeans. My, My, My.

ChefEmy
02-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Dave, Colette -- SOOO glad to you see guys kicking butt again :-) Great site! I wish you guys ALL the best!

Em:D

magia
02-14-2009, 08:15 PM
hiya Colette,
I am now on this forums as Amber told me that are great. So here I am and I wanted to ask you a question. I am now doing a theater show where I am a ballett dancer and still want to compete in the colorado open here in April. So do you have suggestions as far as diet goes? I am down to 98 pounds at 5,2 and have trouble gaining even a little muscle. Any sugestions here? bye, julie andersson

goddessamazon
02-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi Colette,

Got another question for ya. :)

What is the maximum amount of days a female can stay on a protein/veggie cycle before finally adding back the fats?

Colette Nelson
02-14-2009, 11:23 PM
In one of the episodes of In The Trenches, you mentioned some sort of Diet Orange Cream Soda that you drink. Every store that I venture into (it never fails) I search for Diet Orange Cream Soda but, I have yet to find it! :(

What Brand do you drink and where do you buy it?

The name of the soda, the BEST DIET SODA ON EARTH... STUARTS
It only comes in Glass, looks like BEER bottles.

I love their Diet CREAM soda or their Diet Orange Cream.. but, I am hooked to just the regular diet cream soda. It is unbelievable and you feel like you are cheating when you drink it.

I actually have a BEVEREAGE place out here on Old Country Road in Long Island order it for me. That would be your best bet. They will do it for you .. you just have to ask. It is definatley a speciality soda.

TRY IT .. you won't believe it.

Colette Nelson
02-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Hi Collette! I'm Kristen, huge fan of yours!!! Hope that I will get to meet you in person @ the Arnold!

-- Really looking forward 2 any & all recipes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AH, I smile whenever someone tells me that. Make sure to stop by the SPECIES booth... I will give you a big hug.

And.... this recipe book.. I have to do it.

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Me too!!! and I could sell a bunch of them at my gyms i workout at!!!!

Okay.. this is the year. If I have supporters like you guys out there.. even if I get this cookbook out there via GRASS ROOTS... I think these could sell.

What about something like $10.00. I have the best nutrition analysis software.. one of the perks of being a registered dietician.... I could have you all EATING the best foods while you diet.

I am going to start working on this.... Give me like 4-6 months to have about 25-30 of my best recipes, analyze them, and try to at least take some pictures of some of them.... and then we have something concrete to market.

Who knows... maybe I could even get a real publishing company to get interested and actually market this thing to the masses.

Do you all remember, Muscle Meals with John Ramono. That was the greatest recipe book for bodybuilders.

This is my project for the year..
Colette

Colette Nelson
02-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi Colette,

Got another question for ya. :)

What is the maximum amount of days a female can stay on a protein/veggie cycle before finally adding back the fats?

This is a good questions. Remember, their is an essentail fat requirement and it is important to keep that in mind.

Women - 1.1 g of alpha-linolenic (omega 3) / day and 12 gm of Linoleic (omega 6) / Day
Men- 1.6 gm of alpha- linolenic /day and 17 g of linoleic / day

In studies.. which have been done on those recieving TPN ( total Perenteral Nutrition vis a feeding tube).. those given Forumula for a little as 2 months have shown signs of essential fatty acid deficency. That is about 6-8 weeks.

Sign of essentail fat deficiency: So, if you see thsee, it is time to add back fats into your diet. The key is never to reach this status b/c it can take up to 21 days to restore this deficiency.

Symptoms:
Weakness
Impaired Vision
Dry Scaly skin
Dermatitis
Increased Blood pressue
Increased Triglycerides
Mood swings
Edema
Sticky platelets
Immune system impairment

So, in essence, I would start to be concerned if on a FAT FREE protein / veggies type diet for more than 1 month.

Another thought.. do 4 meals protein/veggies, one meal a fatty fish / veggies.

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-14-2009, 11:50 PM
hiya Colette,
I am now on this forums as Amber told me that are great. So here I am and I wanted to ask you a question. I am now doing a theater show where I am a ballett dancer and still want to compete in the colorado open here in April. So do you have suggestions as far as diet goes? I am down to 98 pounds at 5,2 and have trouble gaining even a little muscle. Any sugestions here? bye, julie andersson

Julie.. thanks for stopping by. This is such a hard quesiton to answer without seeing your body or understanding your body fat %. It can be difficult to deal with the standards of being a dancer and then wanting to translate that on a fitness stage. Many dancers are faced with the pressures of being thin and the idea of putting on muscle is not appreciated in dance circles. I know this to be true as I have a minor in dance from MSU and my dance teacher kept telling me to stay out of the gym.

The main focus is you have to eat. Many dancers forget this and go hours without eating.

Make it a point to eat at least 30 gm of protein 5-6 x/ day.

Colette

goddessamazon
02-14-2009, 11:57 PM
So, in essence, I would start to be concerned if on a FAT FREE protein / veggies type diet for more than 1 month.

Another thought.. do 4 meals protein/veggies, one meal a fatty fish / veggies.

Colette

OH GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, put me down on the long list of future buyers of your future cook book. :)

**blondie**
02-15-2009, 10:35 AM
AH, I smile whenever someone tells me that. Make sure to stop by the SPECIES booth... I will give you a big hug.

And.... this recipe book.. I have to do it.

Colette

Wahoo!! Yes, I will def be stopping by the Species booth.

And yes--- you must do the recipe book!!!!!!!!!!

GirlyMuscle
02-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Don't sell yourself short. The cookbook would be worth more than $10. Figure out printing costs and add $10 a book. At least.

So Colette....question.....

I have the same peanut butter issues. It also extends to other butters like almond, cashew, etc. Also, nuts. Therefore, I cannot have either in my house. I've tried many times. I just cannot stay out of it! So when I start cutting with Dave's diet I need a replacement for them. How much avocado can I use? Besides mac nut oil and EVOO where can I get my fats?

tammyp
02-15-2009, 11:12 AM
what is it with women and nut butter? i would be 10 lbs less if its wasnt for that crap. i pray for a peanut allergy.

goddessamazon
02-15-2009, 01:14 PM
We should have a Nut Addiction support group.

Hmmmm? That could be taken out of context though. :p

Jer
02-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Okay.. this is the year. If I have supporters like you guys out there.. even if I get this cookbook out there via GRASS ROOTS... I think these could sell.

What about something like $10.00. I have the best nutrition analysis software.. one of the perks of being a registered dietician.... I could have you all EATING the best foods while you diet.

I am going to start working on this.... Give me like 4-6 months to have about 25-30 of my best recipes, analyze them, and try to at least take some pictures of some of them.... and then we have something concrete to market.

Who knows... maybe I could even get a real publishing company to get interested and actually market this thing to the masses.

Do you all remember, Muscle Meals with John Ramono. That was the greatest recipe book for bodybuilders.

This is my project for the year..
Colette
I'm in for the book. Can never have too many good healthy recipes.

Colette Nelson
02-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Don't sell yourself short. The cookbook would be worth more than $10. Figure out printing costs and add $10 a book. At least.

So Colette....question.....

I have the same peanut butter issues. It also extends to other butters like almond, cashew, etc. Also, nuts. Therefore, I cannot have either in my house. I've tried many times. I just cannot stay out of it! So when I start cutting with Dave's diet I need a replacement for them. How much avocado can I use? Besides mac nut oil and EVOO where can I get my fats?

I have this AVOCADO question eariler.. .but, 2 oz on a food scale or about 1/4 cup.

That is about a little less 10 gm of fat... so, it is honestly a better substitute and since you are like me... NO NUTS. I am just the same way as for ALMOND butter. cashew butter, and peanut butter.. hell, it doesn't matter... ALL NUT BUTTERs.

For sure.. NO NUTS... if they are in the house.. I can't eat just a 1/4 cup.

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-15-2009, 07:14 PM
what is it with women and nut butter? i would be 10 lbs less if its wasnt for that crap. i pray for a peanut allergy.
Tammy.. I for sure would be 10# less if Nuts/ Peanut butter never existed.

What are we are going to do.....

PB2--- www.bellplantation.com (http://www.bellplantation.com) -- that saves my life.

Colette

diamond in the rough
02-15-2009, 07:27 PM
oh man thanks for the recipes i have a feeling they will come into good use for my upcoming shows.

Colette Nelson
02-15-2009, 10:08 PM
oh man thanks for the recipes i have a feeling they will come into good use for my upcoming shows.

I have to write this Cookbook.. I have the greatest recipe secrets.. some take a little effort..but, when you are dieting sometimes taking the extra time is good b/c you need a nice distraction.

chicken breast
02-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Can you recommend fats to replace nuts for Dave's cutting cycle, other than avocado?

amber castello
02-16-2009, 12:16 AM
Julie.. thanks for stopping by. This is such ahard quesiton to answer without seeing your body or understanding your body fat %. It can be difficult to deal with the standards of being a dancer and then wanting to translate that on a fitness stage. Many dancers are faced with the pressures of being thin and the idea of putting on muscle is not appreciated in dance circles. I know this to be true as I have a minor in dance from MSU and my dance teacher kept telling me to stay out of the gym.

The main focus is you have to eat. Many dancers forget this and go hours without eating.

Make it a point to eat at least 30 gm of protein 5-6 x/ day.

Colette

colette,
Thank you for helping out my girl julie. I think she needs to talk to you more and hire you actually. Maybe I will drag her to nyc with me in August we shall see. I can help you get your cookbook published through my publisher and it should sell for 15.00 not 10.00 and we can get you autograph sessions at bookstores as they can act as your agent and we should talk next month when we meet up in Nyc. I can help as you are talking about my industry and I will help market it. You have been a great friend to me and I will help you any way I can. blessings, amber castello ps. Think global and other industries ex. Film, writers. my industry right?

Colette Nelson
02-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Can you recommend fats to replace nuts for Dave's cutting cycle, other than avocado?

the question is satisfying fats... I mean, let's face it you can have chcken & veggie add, 1 tbsp of Mac nut oil or extra virgin olive oil..but can you say, BORING????

Some simple ideas:

OLIVES - black or green
Avocado
Coconut - which is mostly saturated, but of the medium chain variety
Sesame seeds
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
Whole eggs
Salmon/chilean sea bass, mackeral, trout, anchovies, sardines in oil
Red meat - 90% lean

Of the protein sources above.. when you eat those fatty proteins you DO NOT need to add extra fat.. a simple 4-5 oz cooked serving of those PROTEINS with fat has about 10 gm

I will get you serving sizes later today.....have to run to train legs....

Colette

chicken breast
02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks so much. You're a doll!

2hot4u
02-16-2009, 05:08 PM
This is so awesome!! I think it is so great that we can bind together to help each other grow and succeed in our dreams!! Colette's one of many dreams is to have a cookbook and this would be a great opportunity to make it happen!!! Amber keep pushing her with the rest of us and we will make this project a huge success!!! And since Colette is so busy this would be a great help.
colette,
Thank you for helping out my girl julie. I think she needs to talk to you more and hire you actually. Maybe I will drag her to nyc with me in August we shall see. I can help you get your cookbook published through my publisher and it should sell for 15.00 not 10.00 and we can get you autograph sessions at bookstores as they can act as your agent and we should talk next month when we meet up in Nyc. I can help as you are talking about my industry and I will help market it. You have been a great friend to me and I will help you any way I can. blessings, amber castello ps. Think global and other industries ex. Film, writers. my industry right?

Colette Nelson
02-16-2009, 05:52 PM
You all got me so motivated.........Day 1, organzing my recipe ideas. I am going to run them by you all... for Chicken, Meat, Game Meats such as ostrich, buffalo, elk, and venison, eggs, Soy, High fiber Carb sides, Hi protein Desserts, and Hi protein Femented Dairy.

Already different from most cookbooks........... different but cool categories.

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Oh yes........one more important thing!!! I am doing a radio show with Krissy Chin, top figure competitor and ALRI Venom girl. The two of us are going to ROCK YOUR WORLD with our Rx Muscle LADIES NIGHT radio show.

tammyp
02-16-2009, 05:55 PM
collete... when we did the fit girls book john gave us all a book called the complete guide to self publishing. it might be worth a look ..or pm me your addie agian, ill send mine to you.

Colette Nelson
02-16-2009, 05:55 PM
AMBER.. thanks for the super cool message today. I will get thsi book layed out in In Design 2.0 and we can start shopping this around......... this can sell. I know it... totally different stuff in here.

Ann Caliri
02-16-2009, 09:47 PM
I am SO psyched about the cookbook!

BadAssBarbie
02-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Hey Colette!! Did that vegan lady ever call you?? She was soooo excited that I had some info for her and couldn't wait to call you!!

Heather Grace
02-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Love the cookbook idea!!!!!

I am 2 wks out of show and am relegated to A LOT of tilapia- not exactly my personal fav... Any ideas to spice things up?

Thank you!

BadAssBarbie
02-18-2009, 02:16 PM
How do you feel about all the Walden's Farms products when dieting...like the salad dressings, ketchup, bbq sauce, etc??

goddessamazon
02-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi Colette,
Are you going to include a small section in your cook book with recipes for vegetarians? If not then can you share one of your favorite recipes which includes tempeh?

Colette Nelson
02-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Love the cookbook idea!!!!!

I am 2 wks out of show and am relegated to A LOT of tilapia- not exactly my personal fav... Any ideas to spice things up?

Thank you!

I used to EAT tilapia all the time.. NOW orange roughy is my favorite. TRY IT.. Trader Joes FROZEN wild Orange ROUGHY is awesome.

TIN FOIL
OVEN - BROIL
Put it in a bath of SOY SAUCE, sprinkle Paprika and take a half empty bottle of mustard and fill with some water ... pour that over the fish. Then.. add 1 packet of STEVIA BALANCE to the TOP

BROIL for like 10 min or until top is crispy.

Unbelievable.

Colette Nelson
02-18-2009, 07:27 PM
How do you feel about all the Walden's Farms products when dieting...like the salad dressings, ketchup, bbq sauce, etc??

Ahhh... Walden Farms. I think their salad dressing are OKAY.. but, I honestly make my own. Their ingredients are not bad.. but nothing is truely calorie free.

Watchout with their ketchup and some of their dessert type stuff.. it is still calories.

But.. if anything their dressing are probably their best products.

NEVER try their peanut butter.... now that was awful.

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-18-2009, 07:29 PM
Just something I wanted to share with my PEANUT BUTTER AHOLICS....

In your WHEY protein or even try Fage Yogurt.... at 1/4 cup 12% FAT PEANUT FLOUR..

http://www.byrdmill.com/default.asp

It only has 100 kcal / 1/4 cup and with 1 cup of Fage or Whey protein -- we are talking less than 200 kcal and just imagine that tasting just like PEANUT BUTTER.

Tiki
02-19-2009, 07:01 AM
It only comes in Glass, looks like BEER bottles.

I love their Diet CREAM soda or their Diet Orange Cream.. but, I am hooked to just the regular diet cream soda. It is unbelievable and you feel like you are cheating when you drink it.

I actually have a BEVEREAGE place out here on Old Country Road in Long Island order it for me. That would be your best bet. They will do it for you .. you just have to ask. It is definatley a speciality soda.

TRY IT .. you won't believe it.

I'm going to hit up the Whole Foods Grocery near my girlfriends house to see if they have it - if not....I might have to flirt with the guy at the Liquor Store and ask him to special order some for me! :D

Thanks again!

BadAssBarbie
02-19-2009, 08:44 PM
We should have a Nut Addiction support group.

Hmmmm? That could be taken out of context though. :p
I second that notion!! MMMM...peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter, dark chocolate dreams peanut butter, cafe mocha peanut butter...and so on!
Or were you referring to men?? LOL I've a met a few nuts. hehehe

dvsness
02-20-2009, 10:27 AM

The orange cream is to die for - it's 10 cals, though

I love the root beer too. They need to make it in 6 packs instead of 4 packs!

ms.karen
02-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Tammy.. I for sure would be 10# less if Nuts/ Peanut butter never existed.

What are we are going to do.....

PB2--- www.bellplantation.com (http://www.bellplantation.com) -- that saves my life.

Colette

Thank you, thank you...God Bless You, Merry Christmas, Happy Easter... I'm saved! I never knew PB2 existed. Now I can have PB and not look like I need to be strapped down on the trailer behind my truck instead of inside driving :D!

Mufasa
02-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Hey, Colette!

I was going to start another thread with this question; but since this can be a CRAZY buisness with a lot of twist, turns and drama, I thought I'd ask here:

Any idea where the heck Debi Lasewski is when it comes to a lot of these Forums?

Loves the sport. Consistent competitor. Have never heard a negative thing even WRITTEN about her (and on the internet, THAT is rare!)

Anyhoo...just thought her insights would be a cool addition to the Board...and thought that you may have the "scoop"!

Thanks, C!

Mufasa

Colette Nelson
02-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Hey guys...

It is strange.... Whole foods doesn't carry in Diet Soda.. not even my FAVORITE Diet Cream Soda... I know.. the Diet Orange Soda from STUARTS ... 10 kcal... damn!!!! But the Diet Cream is 0 kcal.

And Ms. Karen... the PB2 is amazing and really tastes like peanut butter with very littel calories and when added to a vanilla protein powder...even more amazing.

And.. Debi Lesewski.... she is a wonderful competitor and one of the more beautiful female bodybuilders. Sometimes it is almost better not to be on the boards... it sets you up for criticism. I think she likes to keep to herself, train, work, live her life and not get too caught up in the drama. You can't blame her. It is nice to have balance in your life... and bodybuilding and the whole industry can be too much sometimes.

ONCE LAST THING... I just auditioned for the TRAINER/COACH for the BIGGEST LOSER today... I will tell you more on the radio.

Colette

2hot4u
02-21-2009, 05:40 PM
when is the first ladies broadcast going to be?

Mufasa
02-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks, C!

Interesting little tidbit now that you mentioned "Whole Foods"...they have been one of only a few buisnesses in this crazy economy to post a profit! As a matter of fact, they performed GREATER than expected.

With their foods being more expensive (and healthy!), I would have thought the opposite.

GOOD LUCK on the "Greatest Loser" gig! I think that you would be GREAT!

And thanks on the Debi L, info! Give her a "Holla" if you should ever run into her; maybe "RX Muscle" is the ticket to get her posting!

Mufasa

MuscleBoy
02-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey Colette it was nice to meet you today at the Loser auditons, i wish you lots of luck at getting the job. You were the only one who looked right for the job. Hopefully the people auditioning will see that. :)

Mufasa
02-21-2009, 08:35 PM
"Yes-MAM!!!!"

Colette delivering the smack-down on "The Loser", baby!!!

Mufasa

SallyAnne
02-21-2009, 08:41 PM
ONCE LAST THING... I just auditioned for the TRAINER/COACH for the BIGGEST LOSER today... I will tell you more on the radio.

Colette

I hope to hell they give you the spot. What amazed me most about that show was how out of shape a couple of the nutritionist/coaches were.

Mufasa
02-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Colette:

Almost forgot; input on your book!

1) If it's not been asked already, a Section for homemade "all-purpose" sauces and condiments would be great! (I know you have recipes all over the place; but having them in one place would be great!)

2) I know you and Dave are very much into the healthy aspects of nutrition (especially related to anti-oxidants/phytochemicals).

Cumin/Curry Powder; and Chili Powder, while not to everyones liking, have been found to have ALL kinds of health benefits.

Do you have any "tricks" and/or recipes to get them easily incorporated into ones diet?

Thanks!

Mufasa

BIG SEAN
02-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Colette whats up baby?Glad to see you on here sharing yr awesome cooking tips an sharing yr wealth of knowledge..You have always been my #1 female fan....Quick question?lol...Can you clear the room be4 I come down to get painted?Should I keep trunks on or sock or better yet no socK?And do you have any brand new socks?;)

G-Roy
02-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Hi Colette. My girlfriend recently started back at the gym. Her main goal is more wieght loss oriented rather than muscle. I have her doing three days of weight training and 3-4 days of cardio with a high protein, moderate fat diet diet with rotating carbs. She has a tendency to store more fat in her thighs and calves and I have no idea how to address it.She also has muscular legs from playing high school/college soccer. She is relatively thin in her upper body. What can I have her do to focus on thinning her lower body. Ive heard high rep leg training can help. Im sure there is some kind of hormonal resonse that makes fat more likely to accumulate on the lower body. Are there any foods to avoid or supps that may help?
thanks

Steph Orr
02-24-2009, 10:41 PM

Colette

Good luck Colette..... I hope you land the part, it would be so awesome. You are an inspiration to all!

mso
02-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Colette i've noticed you have a twin sister: http://nl.netlog.com/ItsTheDebster (or someone pretending he/she's you) ;)

ms.karen
02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey Colette:
Question...what do you think about women using Proviron in low doses (like half a 25mg tab)?

Spauldo
02-27-2009, 02:38 AM
Hey Colette, after hearing you on the radio talking about peanut butter. I went on a shopping spree and made a crazy peanut butter dessert bowl with these ingreidents Now tell me that doesnt look good

http://www.dreyers.com/brand/loaded/images/flavorimages/2711carton.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51A91NASE9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.cakehead.com/archives/reddiwip.jpg

GatorPump
02-27-2009, 07:12 AM
The recipes look great!!!! Can't wait to try them. Thanks for offering them up. I love to cook for both my bodybuilder husband and myself.

indianamonster1986
02-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Hey Coloette, Just wanted to say how awesome you are on Rx muscle and commend you for being able to hang with comments. You remind me a lot of my g/f. Good luck with everything in the future!!!

jena
02-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey Colette...I compete in Figure right now...and my question is, how big of a hurdle is it to jump into bodybuilding????

Gunz
02-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey Colette...I compete in Figure right now...and my question is, how big of a hurdle is it to jump into bodybuilding????

I was a figure competitor for seven years and am now in my second your of bb. It really is not a difficult transition, though training, dieting, etc. is different than figure. I have no regrets....

Colette Nelson
02-28-2009, 11:13 PM
when is the first ladies broadcast going to be?

HELLO LADIES... Krissy and I just taped the first episode of Muscle Girls Inc.... we had Monica Brant and Iris Kyle.... they both were great. Some very interesting insights from Iris.... especially when it comes to training.

LISTEN Tuesday Night 7 pm.

Let me know your feedback... I want this to kick ass...

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-28-2009, 11:17 PM
I was a figure competitor for seven years and am now in my second your of bb. It really is not a difficult transition, though training, dieting, etc. is different than figure. I have no regrets....

BABY.. more and more figure competitors... I THINK.. should serioulsy think about doing bodybuilding. Let's bring it back.... the NPC is rewarding smaller more symmetrical girls.... This is setting the stage for the future.... making it more and more marketable. Remember.. and this is coming from someone that knows... turning PRO just means you have to start all over again. I compete on my own terms.... honestly, we are not making ANY REAL money competing... so... choose your terms and compete on the those terms. It isn't always about the BIGGEST PICTURE.. winning Ms. Olympia... come on... very few can do that... and with that said... why not compete in an area where at least you can be seen. There are so many figure girls and sometimes you just get lost.

We workout... we love it and why feel limited. When I hear figure competitors telling me that they stopped training with weights b/c the judges think they are too big.... I don't get it. Just do bodybuilding.. WHO CARES IF YOU ARE THE SMALLEST... I was always the smallest but I still managed to turn pro.

If you love to train and don't want to put limits on your physqiue.... what do you have to lose tying out bodybuilding.

Just a thought...

Colette Nelson
02-28-2009, 11:19 PM

The HURDLEis all in what you make it. You need to learn the mandatory posing and create a routine... all of which I love and find at least more interesting that quarter turns.

I do music and choreography ( shameless plug ) so I could always help with that.

Again.. if you like training... bring back the principles of creating muscle. Find the training split that works for you and train with the idea of sculpting your weaknesses and creating that illusion of balance from top to bottm.

I think more figure girls should go for it...

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-28-2009, 11:26 PM
Colette:

Almost forgot; input on your book!

1) If it's not been asked already, a Section for homemade "all-purpose" sauces and condiments would be great! (I know you have recipes all over the place; but having them in one place would be great!)

2) I know you and Dave are very much into the healthy aspects of nutrition (especially related to anti-oxidants/phytochemicals).

Cumin/Curry Powder; and Chili Powder, while not to everyones liking, have been found to have ALL kinds of health benefits.

Do you have any "tricks" and/or recipes to get them easily incorporated into ones diet?

Thanks!

Mufasa

I 100% agree with the powers of spices. You all have to try this ANTIOXIDENT CHILLI I make...

1 lb of Buffalo ( bison )
1 tbsp of REAL COCOA POWDER ( high in fiber and low in net carbs and filled with antioxidents )
1 tbsp of PEANUT FLOUR ( www.byrdmill.com (http://www.byrdmill.com))-- I light the 12% fat LIGHT powder , the dark is too rich
3-4 tbsp of water
2 tbsp of low salt soy sauce
2 tsp of cumin
2 tsp of chilli powder
2 tsp of paprika
1 clove garlic
1 tsp celtic salt
2 packets of stevia plus
1 cup of black beans ( optional ) -- even try adzuki or cannalini beans )

MIX in a skillet and if you want a bit more sauce just add a little more water.

It is soooo yummy.. has a bit of a chilpolte flavor with the cocoa.... so good.

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Hey Coloette, Just wanted to say how awesome you are on Rx muscle and commend you for being able to hang with comments. You remind me a lot of my g/f. Good luck with everything in the future!!!

You know.. it was funny. I got this email from a woman.... she was offended by Dave's comments. She felt that it was disrespetcful etc... Here is my answer....

YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO LAUGH AT YOURSELF.... Life is too serious as it is. Look... it is fun and life is filled with funny moments and if we stopped taking ourselves so seriously we could be so much more relaxed in life.

I have fun with the guys.. I can take what they dish out... why not???

It is all in good fun.... Nothing really bothers me in life... except for my SICK TWISTED obsession with peanut butter, lol!!!

Colette

Colette Nelson
02-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Colette i've noticed you have a twin sister: http://nl.netlog.com/ItsTheDebster (or someone pretending he/she's you) ;)

Okay.. here we go again. Someone pretending to be me.. I CAN'T Take this.. happened to me on Face Book. What is the deal??? I have to get this down.. and where they found some of these pics.. shit.. there are like 10 years ago.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FINDING THIS FOR ME.. I am on it.

Colette Nelson
03-01-2009, 12:01 AM

Proviron is an OLDER drug and I have never used it. Not to say that I don't know many that still do. It is often considered to have similar properties to an anti-estrogen, but is actually very high in androgens and has low anabolic activity. Many take if the last 2-4 weeks before a show to help harden up their physique.

Honeslty... I just think it is overkill. If you are on an anti-estrogren already and your diet is on point.. you will be plenty hard. I think we all to often look for drugs to give us that HARD - DRY look .. but we neglect the POWER of the diet.

So, I don't think it is necessary, especially if already using some sort of anti-estrogen.

Colette

Colette Nelson
03-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Colette whats up baby?Glad to see you on here sharing yr awesome cooking tips an sharing yr wealth of knowledge..You have always been my #1 female fan....Quick question?lol...Can you clear the room be4 I come down to get painted?Should I keep trunks on or sock or better yet no socK?And do you have any brand new socks?;)

BSA.. I just love you.... Don't Tell Dave, LOL!!! No sock baby!!! And yes.... when BSA is in the HOUSE...it is lights out... YOU AND ME.. making you fabulous.

I have to get you a special sock... you are just going to have to wait and see...

What are the plans this year? I can't wait.. you are always so much fun...and you have to USE that MUSIC we made.. it kicks ass. Do you think you will still use it?

Colette

Colette Nelson
03-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Hi Colette. My girlfriend recently started back at the gym. Her main goal is more wieght loss oriented rather than muscle. I have her doing three days of weight training and 3-4 days of cardio with a high protein, moderate fat diet diet with rotating carbs. She has a tendency to store more fat in her thighs and calves and I have no idea how to address it.She also has muscular legs from playing high school/college soccer. She is relatively thin in her upper body. What can I have her do to focus on thinning her lower body. Ive heard high rep leg training can help. Im sure there is some kind of hormonal resonse that makes fat more likely to accumulate on the lower body. Are there any foods to avoid or supps that may help?
thanks

Ah.. the human body.. such an amazing machine. Most women tend to store fat on their lower body.... this is the product of good ole' estrogen/projesterone. Many women find that taking an anti-estrogen ( competiive purposes.. not an everyday solution ) to help trick the body into allowing more fat loss in the lower body.

Their is some research to suggest that veggies containing certian anti estrogen properties can be beneficial such as cauliflower, brocolli, cabbage and to some degree brussel sprouts. I actually like these veggies the best and make a very good cauliflower RICE ( basically food process the cauliflower into what resembles rice and tastes like rice ).

Remember, you can't spot reduce. You just have to keep DIETING and burning off the body fat and eventually you will start to feed into that lower body fat. Doing more frequent leg training and high rep sets etc.. can be helpful b/c legs are your largest bodypart and require the most effort and energy expenditure.

But.... DIET is the key and if competing an anti-estrogen may be beneficial.

Colette

jena
03-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the tips :)

IRONURSE
03-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Colette,
What do you think about Var?
Any recommendations on starting doses and cycle length? I posed a question to Dave about uncommon water retention and Var but he didn't state how much water retention is too much. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

emily
03-03-2009, 10:52 PM
colette, just out of curiosity, what's your training split like?

Kolbe
03-04-2009, 02:37 AM
If you considder taking an anti estrogen what would be a good one?

ciderapple
03-04-2009, 05:02 AM

......and would there be a risk of it triggering early menopause?

chicken breast
03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Colette, You have a real talent for radio! Loved the show.

SallyAnne
03-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Are we going to have Muscle Girl Inc. t-shirts? You know I want one. ;)

Carolyn Bryant
03-07-2009, 09:46 AM
I sure hope we don't get Muscle Girls tee shirts. I don't even like that name.

FitSarah
03-08-2009, 01:29 PM
You all got me so motivated.........Day 1, organzing my recipe ideas. I am going to run them by you all... for Chicken, Meat, Game Meats such as ostrich, buffalo, elk, and venison, eggs, Soy, High fiber Carb sides, Hi protein Desserts, and Hi protein Femented Dairy.

Already different from most cookbooks........... different but cool categories.

Colette

Hello Colette!! Im very new to the boards (I follow by reading, but never posting) I'm a big fan and I find you very motivational..I'm very excited to see some of these recipe ideas, I eat high protein (lots of turkey and chicken) with green veggies (lettuve, green beans, brocc..) I add carbs on the weekend..I competed last year for the first time at the Iowa State show in April.I have been training hard since then to achieve the muscle I lack, Im dietng now to (hopefully..If my body can respond the way I want it to) compete in the Mayhem show the end of May.. There is days I'm still not sure what I am doing..but I like to get on here and read the boards, it gives me the motivation I need to push myself in the gym..In my area the Southeast part of Iowa I feel like my fiance chris250 and I are aliens!! lol..We stand out every where we go..(I know why Chris stands out, but I feel I'm still very small) The individuals I work with joke about the food I carry with me and the shakes I drink..So let me tell you it is nice to come to a place like this where I am not an outcast. Okay, this is turning out to be a long post...I just wanted to introduce myself and tell you I am excited to see these recipes and create something different!!

Sarah

Fit_5"3
03-08-2009, 08:05 PM
BABY.. more and more figure competitors... I THINK.. should serioulsy think about doing bodybuilding. Let's bring it back.... the NPC is rewarding smaller more symmetrical girls.... This is setting the stage for the future.... making it more and more marketable. Remember.. and this is coming from someone that knows... turning PRO just means you have to start all over again. I compete on my own terms.... honestly, we are not making ANY REAL money competing... so... choose your terms and compete on the those terms. It isn't always about the BIGGEST PICTURE.. winning Ms. Olympia... come on... very few can do that... and with that said... why not compete in an area where at least you can be seen. There are so many figure girls and sometimes you just get lost.

We workout... we love it and why feel limited. When I hear figure competitors telling me that they stopped training with weights b/c the judges think they are too big.... I don't get it. Just do bodybuilding.. WHO CARES IF YOU ARE THE SMALLEST... I was always the smallest but I still managed to turn pro.

If you love to train and don't want to put limits on your physqiue.... what do you have to lose tying out bodybuilding.

Just a thought...

Hi, Colette - I was just going to ask you a question along these lines. I'm currently a NPC figure competitor. Many people say I'd do better at bb. I'm a bit intimidated to try, though I LOVE to train and by beginnings were as a powerlifter - competitively; so it's not that I'm scared of the weights!!?? I just don't get it. I'll get my 5/16 contest out of the way and do more thinking. Did you compete in any other physique sport prior to bodybuilding?

Thanks for your input. Liz

quadrablue
03-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Who am I? What am I doing here? And do you know my name yet? lol

You are a total sweetheart Colette even if you have yet to get it right :p

Rich Hasse
03-09-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm never going to remember this user name! :D
using quotes... what was I thinking??

So, my question for Colette is, "How healthy is peanut butter on toast, washed down with Chocolate milk?"

Come on.. it can't be THAT bad :p

Rich Hasse
03-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Athena!!!!! I know it's you! :)
Missed you this weekend and I did so wish to meet you too...

quadrablue
03-10-2009, 12:06 AM
So I've heard ;) Check you Pm's

Athena!!!!! I know it's you! :)
Missed you this weekend and I did so wish to meet you too...

The Prodigy
03-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Colette...THANK YOU for all your help at the Arnold. You are such an amazing person!!! I am practicing posing every night...you would be proud!!

Rich Hasse
03-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Gail!! Your on here too?? Aw.... you see, I really didn't miss that much fro not going. Not when your all on here...

But, we're supposed to be asking Colette questions on here. Like... Um.... I'm drawing a blank! Help! :)

Kolbe
03-10-2009, 03:21 AM
Hi Colette
I'm wondering what you typically would recomend with a womans diet up to the comp. I've been having amazing results from following Dave's diet and I'm now 5 weeks out. I plan to keep the diet all to the comp and want to ask you: Should I carb up? if so how many carbs, and when? Should I cut the water? if so, when?
TIA
You are a sweetheard for helping us all out so much :)

stl50
03-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Colette,

Just wanted to say thanks for the AWESOME radio show last night...had it on in the kitchen while i cooked.

One suggestion though...a word of WARNING before reading emails , almost blew coffee out the nose after hearing about the male appendage that looked like a deformed elephant trunk...or the custom fit suit for you for that matter. LMFAO!!

Tiki
03-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Colette,

In spite of being lactose intolerant, I periodically add a bit of cheese to my day (so long as it fits into my macros) and, I haven't really noticed any adverse effects in regards to it effecting my ability to lose bodyfat. Well....I don't think it has anyway! *smiles*

So my question is -- I know that many bodybuilders avoid dairy at all costs when they're dieting down, while others may keep it as a regular staple. In regards to weight loss, is there a logical reason why so many avoid dairy?

moosemeister
03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi Colette,
I've heard you state that you are a diabetic.
My training partner is an insulin dependent type 1 diabetic on a babsal bolus regimen and has a problem with body fat - esecially around his midsection.
I am a big advocate of the keto diet but don't know the implications for a diabetic. How low carb affects insulin dose required etc.
How do you get lean?
Great show

Colette Nelson
03-14-2009, 12:45 AM

If you can't handle nuts or avocado... you will probably do better with eating FATTY FISH ( and lose more weight as fish just has that magical quality )

- Salmon
- Mackeral
- Chilean Sea bass
- Trout
- Fatty Tuna

A typical 4 oz portion has about 8-10 gm of fat so it fits the bill for women at 10 gm of fat / meal and men eating 8 oz about 20 gm of fat

Or.. add 1 tbsp of mac nut oil or EVOO ( 14 gm of fat ) to a protein shake or meal

Coconut is also a thought.. it is a medium chain triglyceride. I have to look into serving size.. but, their is coconut oil also.

Colette Nelson
03-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Hi Colette,
I've heard you state that you are a diabetic.
My training partner is an insulin dependent type 1 diabetic on a babsal bolus regimen and has a problem with body fat - esecially around his midsection.
I am a big advocate of the keto diet but don't know the implications for a diabetic. How low carb affects insulin dose required etc.
How do you get lean?
Great show

Yes.. let me clarify, I never spoke about having Type 1 Diabetes until the past few years. When I was first on the bodybuilding circuit I didn't want any special attention or sympathy and wanted to earn my merits on stage not because I had a chronic illness. Type 1 diabetes is VERY different from Type 2 ( adult onset ). I was born with the antibodies that attacked my beta cell at 11 years old. That is why they call it JUVINILLE DIABETES... it usually , but not always, happens when you are a child. The only simularities in the two diseases is high blood sugar. But, their etiology is entirely different.

It is a very difficult disease to control and takes constant blood glucose monitoring and insulin injections.

I am a certified diabetes educator and I am willing to bet that your friend is not aware of HOW insulin and the different insulins should be mixed to gain better control. Their have been advances in INSULIN with Humalog/Novolog and Glargine/Lantus insulin.

I have a protocal that at first is complicated.. but, once he learns how to effectively treat his diabetes he can lose that weight around the midsection.

Have him contact me....

Colette

Colette Nelson
03-14-2009, 12:57 AM
Colette,

In spite of being lactose intolerant, I periodically add a bit of cheese to my day (so long as it fits into my macros) and, I haven't really noticed any adverse effects in regards to it effecting my ability to lose bodyfat. Well....I don't think it has anyway! *smiles*

So my question is -- I know that many bodybuilders avoid dairy at all costs when they're dieting down, while others may keep it as a regular staple. In regards to weight loss, is there a logical reason why so many avoid dairy?

I have a very different approach to dairy. There are in fact studies to suggest that Calcium found in dairy products is effective in weight loss. I believe this to be true... based on some of the research.

The issue... SUGAR in milk. I do not recommend milk while dieting...just too many extra SUGAR calories.

However.. I eat probiotic / fermented type dairy products up until about 1 week before my shows. In fact.. achieved my best condition at the -06 Europa keeping cottage cheese up until I cut my salt.

Why I think dairy has such a bad wrap....
- In following a traditional Carb/Protein/no fat diet.. they usually limit Salt.. All dairy as Salt.
- In following a Keto Diet .. one worries about the carbs. Well.. if you can have 2 tbsp of peanut butter a day.. 6-8 gm of carbs.. you can have 1 cup of cottage cheese ( 6 gm of carbs ) and all of which if you eat my favorite brand, NANCY's or CABOT -- has probiotics which help with protein digestion and a healthy GI.
- Cheese-- also very low in carb.. in fact, 1 oz of cheese ( fat free ) has 1 gm of carb ( the same as in 1 whole egg ). Again.. here I would have fat free as you do not want to have too much saturated fat. Kraft Free is pretty good and melts fine.

--- On a keto diet.. you can HAVE SALT. So in fact.. you could work in dairy into a diet and still lose weight. Again.. you have to be aware of portion sizes. If you have a meal that includes 6 egg whites ( 30 gm of protien ) ... and then you add FF Cheese.. you are eating TOO MUCH. You need to eliminate 1 egg white and then measure 1/2 oz of cheese. Do not just add to your meals or you add calories.

Colette Nelson
03-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Who am I? What am I doing here? And do you know my name yet? lol

You are a total sweetheart Colette even if you have yet to get it right :p

ATHENA.. right? I am so sorry.. I was so out of it at the Arnold. Too many people I was trying to take care of.

You are simply fabulous and I just adore you. I still can't believe how many times I messed up your identity. It was actually almost comical after a while.

Never in my life............... Love you baby!!!

Colette Nelson
03-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Are we going to have Muscle Girl Inc. t-shirts? You know I want one. ;)

Sally--- YOU ARE AMAZING. I love the newsletter. I can't tell you how much we appreciate your hard work. This is going to grow into something fabulous... just wait.

YOU ROCK.

Just wanted you to know....

And.. don't get on Dave's schedule... up at 1 am still working.

Colette

heathermann
03-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Hi Colette,
I have been following the keto diet foir 9 weeks now, I love the results however my legs are still carrying too much body fat, what do you suggest, diet wise to slim them down?

quadrablue
03-14-2009, 01:29 PM
ATHENA.. right? I am so sorry.. I was so out of it at the Arnold. Too many people I was trying to take care of.

You are simply fabulous and I just adore you. I still can't believe how many times I messed up your identity. It was actually almost comical after a while.

Never in my life............... Love you baby!!!

It's all good :D If I can do anything to make your life easier let me know.

A

xoxo

~gymdiva~
03-14-2009, 01:36 PM
you have mail my dear ;)

SallyAnne
03-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Sally--- YOU ARE AMAZING. I love the newsletter. I can't tell you how much we appreciate your hard work. This is going to grow into something fabulous... just wait.

YOU ROCK.

Just wanted you to know....

And.. don't get on Dave's schedule... up at 1 am still working.

Colette

I'm on MST, so it was 10pm my time when he called. :D lol

...and you're welcome. I really enjoy what's happening with Rx and it is such a pleasure to be able to do something I believe in.

Colette Nelson
03-14-2009, 04:46 PM
......and would there be a risk of it triggering early menopause?

Not likely.... your body has a natural rhythm. There are many women I know that take Nolvadex that have regular periods.

Colette Nelson
03-14-2009, 04:49 PM

Since we still produce estrogen... nolvadex seems the most viable option. However.. some woman that take stronger anabolics like Testosterone, may need something stronger such as arimidex. The reason.. testosterone aromitizes into estrogen.... so therefore arimidex helps to block it entirely.

Colette Nelson
03-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey, Colette!

I was going to start another thread with this question; but since this can be a CRAZY buisness with a lot of twist, turns and drama, I thought I'd ask here:

Any idea where the heck Debi Lasewski is when it comes to a lot of these Forums?

Loves the sport. Consistent competitor. Have never heard a negative thing even WRITTEN about her (and on the internet, THAT is rare!)

Anyhoo...just thought her insights would be a cool addition to the Board...and thought that you may have the "scoop"!

Thanks, C!

Mufasa

I am having Debi L on my radio show TUESDAY March 17th,8 pm. So.. be there.

Colette

Colette Nelson
03-14-2009, 08:47 PM
you have mail my dear ;)

Sharon.. I got it. I will get back to you tomorrow. I am on it.

FIRE UP.

Mufasa
03-14-2009, 09:11 PM
I am having Debi L on my radio show TUESDAY March 17th,8 pm. So.. be there.

Colette

WooHoo!

You bet, Colette!

I can't think of one discussion that had Debi L even PLACING in the AC...much less coming in SECOND!

Again...she seems to work hard; has paid her dues; and seems to never have a negative word to say about anyone.

The date and time is marked on my calendar!

Mufasa

Mufasa
03-14-2009, 09:13 PM
8PM...

What time zone, Collette?

Mufasa

Colette Nelson
03-14-2009, 10:07 PM
8PM...

What time zone, Collette?

Mufasa

OOPs.. 7 pm EST and 4 pm Pacific

It is going to be YUMMY!!!

Colette Nelson
03-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Hi Colette,
What do you think about Var?
Any recommendations on starting doses and cycle length? I posed a question to Dave about uncommon water retention and Var but he didn't state how much water retention is too much. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

A perspective....

I was the chief dietician at an HIV/AIDS clinic and we did not give our female patients more than 10 mg of anavar due to side effects. Now remember, our patients were on anavar long term.... 6 mo to years. This was given to help stimulate appetite and maintain lean body mass when calories were questionable.

Side effects were minimal and results were very signifigant in terms of maintaining lean body mass. Our men were given no more than 20 mg. I have always felt LESS is BETTER.

Being an oral steroid... we did see reductions in HDL cholesterol, elevated liver enzymes with long term use.. even at 10 mg.

As for water retention.. all steroids cause water retention. They ten to increase sodium uptake.

How much water is too much... check your BP. If you are over 130/85 ( that would be considered cause/effect of steroid induced water retention).

Water retention is bad when it raises your Blood pressure.

Colette Nelson
03-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Colette, when will you and dave get married?
This is a good question. I don’t know if we have an answer. Once we think we get things settled something like dave getting fired happens. So…. It looks like it is going to be another year.

BadAssBarbie (2/17/09) Hey Colette!! Did that vegan lady ever call you?? She was soooo excited that I had some info for her and couldn't wait to call you!!

No, I don’t recall her ever calling me. Please have her contact me. She can be a successful fitness athlete as a vegan if she just makes the right choices and does proper planning. There are plenty of VEGEN proteins out there.

--- I think that their dressing are okay... but, nothing is truly calorie free. I think some of their products have a lot of fillers that with the serving size as small as suggested they can get away with calling it calorie free. Just don’t go overboard. All I know is that their CALORIE FREE Peanut butter is awful. It tastes like chemicals.

Godessamazon (2/18/09) Hi Colette, Are you going to include a small section in your cook book with recipes for vegetarians? If not then can you share one of your favorite recipes which includes tempeh?

I happen to love tempeh. I used to make a dish with chopped tempeh that is tossed with scallions. For those of you who don’t know, tempeh is made from soybeans and comes in a packaged that is vacuum wrapped. Use the whole bag, chop lengthwise and then cut in cubes. Add to taste, soy sauce, lemon juice, NAYONNAIISE ( soy mayonnaise ), salt, pepper and ½ c. of red beans. Mix together. Put on a GG Scandinavian bran crisp bread.

Colette Nelson
03-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Emily 3/3/09 colette, just out of curiosity, what's your training split like?

Monday – Legs ( quad focuse) mostly squats, hacks, legs press, extentions, calves
Tuesday – Shoulders , abs
Wednesday – Back – light bis, calves
Thursday- Hamstrings – Stiff legs, lunges, leg curls, seated leg curls, abs
Friday- Arms,calves
Sat- off
Sunday- Chest, light triceps, abs

denise
03-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Hey Collette,
I have been seeing alot of things about keto diets . Would you know a good place to start if i wanted to read up on them? I have been winging it on the contest diets and wanted to see if this might work.

Colette Nelson
03-16-2009, 07:54 PM
SALLYANNE (3/6/09) Are we going to have Muscle Girl Inc. t-shirts? You know I want one.
I have to talk to Dave about this one…. Does anyone want to design a logo out there?

SARAH (3/8/09) Hello Colette!! Im very new to the boards (I follow by reading, but never posting) I'm a big fan and I find you very motivational

Welcome to RxMuscle.com. I hope you get a chance to check out our radio show. I have some great programming. In fact.. next week we are doing a show on eating disorders. I hope you all listen. We want to choose topics that we all can relate to.
One of my good friend, Dr. Malea Jensen lives in Des Moines. She has had similar issues with standing out in a crowd.

Kolbe 3/10/09 Hi Colette
I'm wondering what you typically would recommend with a woman’s diet up to the comp. I've been having amazing results from following Dave's diet and I'm now 5 weeks out. I plan to keep the diet all to the comp and want to ask you: Should I carb up? if so how many carbs, and when? Should I cut the water? if so, when?

Making the choice to carb up is very individual. I am very carb sensitive and since being a Type 1 diabetic and having to take insulin it makes it very easy to smooth out. Keep in mind….. when you take in carbs you take in water and you have to be careful that you do not spill over. You should never cut your water too soon… your body will fight this practice. I never cut water until Friday before a Saturday show. I would suggest trying to fat load and carb load and see which approach works better for your physique. The only thing I can say… if you are not already VERY LEAN, and I mean not an ounce of body fat or water… carbing up may smooth you out rather then fill you out. With carbs... lesss in more.

Colette Nelson
03-16-2009, 09:08 PM
I have been following the keto diet foir 9 weeks now, I love the results however my legs are still carrying too much body fat, what do you suggest, diet wise to slim them down?

--- Losing your lower body fat is very difficult as a woman. We have this lovely hormone, ESTROGEN. Remember, woman have 10-12 % essential body fat and as fitness/figure/bodybuilding athletes we try and push ourselves beyond the state of what is natural for our bodies.
--- Some find that the only way to lose that stubborn lower body fat is to take an anti estrogen such as Tomoxifen.
-- You might want to try increasing foods that are thought to lower estrogen such as Cauliflower, Broccoli, and brussle sprouts.

How do you get lean?
Diabetes is a very complicated disease to manage. People that don't know think that you just have to take insulin and you are fine. It is much more complicated than that. You have to manage your food, exercise, timing of insulin, etc...
With that said... doctors try to prescribe insulin and give dosages based on algorithms that often times lead a person into FEEDING THE INSULIN. The goal of any doctor is to lower blood sugar.... they often do this by giving too much and having you overcompensate with more food. This just leads to weight gain.
I have a very different approach to managing type 1 diabetes. You need to think outside the box. If you are not willing to be on the insulin pump ( which is not a cure and can be just as difficult to use ) then you have to think like one. Be willing to take insulin with every meal. Consider using both humalog and HUMALIN REGULAR insulin ( mixed together). If you are following a low carb diet humalog will be too aggressive and not have a long enough half life. I have a way of mixing them that works better for the absorption of protein & Fat.

You also need to break up your LANTUS/Glargine insulin into multiple doses. I in fact believe in splitting that up at almost every meal.. this gives you more variability.

If you would like to work with me... please contact me. This is a very complicated endeavor but one that can help you better manage your diabetes.

Colette Nelson
03-16-2009, 09:10 PM
I just don't get it. I'll get my 5/16 contest out of the way and do more thinking. Did you compete in any other physique sport prior to bodybuilding?
I actually was a dancer. I started dancing when I was 6 y.o. I actually minored in dance from Michigan State University. I always looked at bodybuilding more like an art form vs. a sport. Just remember, it is never to late to change your physique. You make the rules, remember that.

Fit_5"3
03-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Yes, I agree. We control our destiny. I feel like I'm too small to BB, but too big for figure. And, I can't tumble, flip, etc for nothing so fitness is out as I'd just break my neck. :D
What type of dance? My background is powerlifting so I' have a good amount of muscle. I'm just short, no boobies :(.
What BF% do you like to come in at, or do you just go by look/lbs?

Colette Nelson
03-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Yes, I agree. We control our destiny. I feel like I'm too small to BB, but too big for figure. And, I can't tumble, flip, etc for nothing so fitness is out as I'd just break my neck. :D
What type of dance? My background is powerlifting so I' have a good amount of muscle. I'm just short, no boobies :(.
What BF% do you like to come in at, or do you just go by look/lbs?

You should totally do bodybuilding. Why not? When you are 5'3" you can put on muscle much easier than even me at 5'5". Small is the new big right now. Just get LEAN.. the leaner you are the more defined you are going to look. I think that more figure compettors should try bodybuilding... why compete when there are so many girls and you get lost in the shuffle.

I have never gotten my BF% tested.. I use the mirror. That tells the TRUTH.

~gymdiva~
03-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Sharon.. I got it. I will get back to you tomorrow. I am on it.

FIRE UP.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport017.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport040.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport033.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Kolbe
03-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Thanks for your answer about the carb loading. I'm pretty carb sensitive so I'll try a fat load and see how that goes. But that gives me more questions ;)
I've never tried a fat load before. How do you do that?
How much, when, what about salt?

wolverine565
03-17-2009, 05:04 AM
colette,
I heard on HMR that you work with over weight kids. Do have a book of recipets that are kid friendly?

Fitswim by Celeste
03-17-2009, 09:34 AM
SALLYANNE (3/6/09) Are we going to have Muscle Girl Inc. t-shirts? You know I want one.
I have to talk to Dave about this one…. Does anyone want to design a logo out there?

colette - hit me up and we can talk some ideas about that.... :D

2hot4u
03-17-2009, 09:37 AM
can we have some bling on it too!!!!!

Fitswim by Celeste
03-17-2009, 10:55 AM
can we have some bling on it too!!!!!

yes, bling!!!!! i want bling too :D

Paul C
03-17-2009, 12:37 PM
How do you get lean?
Diabetes is a very complicated disease to manage. People that don't know think that you just have to take insulin and you are fine. It is much more complicated than that. You have to manage your food, exercise, timing of insulin, etc...
With that said... doctors try to prescribe insulin and give dosages based on algorithms that often times lead a person into FEEDING THE INSULIN. The goal of any doctor is to lower blood sugar.... they often do this by giving too much and having you overcompensate with more food. This just leads to weight gain.
I have a very different approach to managing type 1 diabetes. You need to think outside the box. If you are not willing to be on the insulin pump ( which is not a cure and can be just as difficult to use ) then you have to think like one. Be willing to take insulin with every meal. Consider using both humalog and HUMALIN REGULAR insulin ( mixed together). If you are following a low carb diet humalog will be too aggressive and not have a long enough half life. I have a way of mixing them that works better for the absorption of protein & Fat.

You also need to break up your LANTUS/Glargine insulin into multiple doses. I in fact believe in splitting that up at almost every meal.. this gives you more variability.

If you would like to work with me... please contact me. This is a very complicated endeavor but one that can help you better manage your diabetes.[/quote]
I've been working with Colette for a year now. It's the best thing I ever did.:D

Colette Nelson
03-20-2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport017.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport040.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org) http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sport033.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Sharon.. I have been so bad!! I will email you back today.... or else, right? Damn, this week flew. I am on it... I didn't forget about you.
Colette

ROTFLMAO
03-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi Colette

Would you ever consider making a cookbook DVD on how to properly prepare bodybuilding, fitness, and figure foods.....IE Breakfast Lunch Dinner

Thank You

wolfgang

~gymdiva~
03-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Sharon.. I have been so bad!! I will email you back today.... or else, right? Damn, this week flew. I am on it... I didn't forget about you.
Colette

hehehehe don't make me come up there :sistersteel:

Biggie973
03-21-2009, 10:20 AM
What do you think about training with your significant other? How do you feel about that?

Colette Nelson
03-24-2009, 03:23 PM
What do you think about training with your significant other? How do you feel about that?

This is a great question. You know.. Dave and I have worked out when on vacation or traveling.. but on a regular basis... we prefer to do our own things. We honestly train very differently. If we train together... unless I do what he wants.... it ends in an argument. I like to do more sets, he doesn't, he thinks I should do this.. but I like to do that... it just ends in an argument.

I think for some couples it is a perfect way to spend time together and it works great. But.. I think training is a very individual thing. Everyone has a different style and needs different thngs in their routine to make them feel complete. I have found that gym time can be mean different things to different people. I think it all depends on the dynamics of the couple. If it is two people actively competing.. I think they should train seperatly. It is too focused and training for a show shouldn't be about compromises. This goes for training partners too.. I have had to kick many to the curb when I was preparing for a show if they didn't have the same agenda.

If signifigant other is NOT competing and is all about YOUR SUCCESS.. that could be a winning combination.

But for me.............it never worked out. Literally....

BIG SEAN
03-24-2009, 03:37 PM
What are the plans this year? I can't wait.. you are always so much fun...and you have to USE that MUSIC we made.. it kicks ass. Do you think you will still use it?

Hello pretty young lady...Hope all is well an life is treating you awesome..YOUR THE BEST..I do listen to yr MUSCLE GIRL Show an think you an KRISSY are doing a AWESOME JOB...Love the mail bag segment..LOL...So funny...The things some of these SCHMOES come up with...
Im not doing 4 shows like last yr but my 1st show this yr will be NORTH AMERICANS LOVE...I start dieting in June with your man as my COACh again...Im so excited to see what package we bring this yr...As you know my 1st two shows last yr,I was in THE BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE...I will see you at the Mets my friend..We will make some new music for this yr but maybe we will go with same routine that we didnt use..HMMM...An THE SOCK gotta stay on..lol..You have to many females in yr room helping with the tan...Dont wanna get anyone to excited...lol..Talk soon baby..:wavey:

Biggie973
03-24-2009, 10:05 PM
I understand that. Plus, I had to kick many of my training partners to the curb as well. I'm training for my 1st show & my fiancee loves that we train alone. She calls me a "Gladiator" when I'm in the gym. Thanks for the info.

When will the world see you again on stage?

Colette Nelson
03-25-2009, 12:01 AM
BSA.... It was great getting your text tonight. We all want to see you training in the gym. We will figure out a time the week of APRIL 1st. I can't wait to see you at the METS...

I was listening to your music last night... man, some of those voice overs were cool. We will figure it out... .make something even better. You know I always have your back....

And as for the SOCK.. I hear you, that ROOM gets a little dangerous.

Colette

Colette Nelson
03-25-2009, 12:02 AM
I understand that. Plus, I had to kick many of my training partners to the curb as well. I'm training for my 1st show & my fiancee loves that we train alone. She calls me a "Gladiator" when I'm in the gym. Thanks for the info.

When will the world see you again on stage?

Well.. I was hoping to do the Tampa, but it was cancelled. So.. now it looks like I might be doing the AC PRO .. which is going to be a packed house since their are so few shows....

We shall see...

Colette

Biggie973
03-25-2009, 08:28 AM
How much PB would you consume in a week?

ch11183
03-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Collette,
I am 14 weeks out and on dave's diet plan. i also just started doing cardio 2x's a day, but find my self a little sleepy/disoriented during the day at times (not even gonna discuss the bags under my eyes).....Is there anything I can do or a supplement I can take to help with this?

Colette Nelson
03-25-2009, 12:12 PM
How much PB would you consume in a week?

This is all to embarassing. Some of my fans have been so kind to send me 4 jars of all natural ( and different brands throughout the USA ) and a whole BIG tin of Virginia Blistered Peanuts. Let me put it to you this way... after competing in '06 dong 3 shows in a row, after the Olympia, I am pretty sure that I finished off the whole peanut butter care package.

We all have this trigger food... and that is mine. I am sure there is some emotional reason way back in my childhood that I should probably figure out.. right now, I just can't have it in the house.

That is my best advice for someone with as severe a peanut butter addiction as me.

Colette Nelson
03-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Collette,
I am 14 weeks out and on dave's diet plan. i also just started doing cardio 2x's a day, but find my self a little sleepy/disoriented during the day at times (not even gonna discuss the bags under my eyes).....Is there anything I can do or a supplement I can take to help with this?

Keep in mind... switching from carbs to a keto diet is a transition for your body. You are reducing insulin levels, which is always a good thing, and you are having your body rely more on stored bodyfat.

In this transition your blood sugar might be doing going lower than you are used to... but your body will self regulate. Just be patient.

You should be supplementing with a Multivitamin, or what we use around here, Juice Plus (http://www.colettenelson.com/shop_products.htm#juice), Vit C, Calcium, Fish Oils, and maybe even CoQ10 or other antioxidents.

But, those alone are not going to solve your problem. One thing you might want to consider... when you are on a KETO DIET your body doesn't want to HOLD water. The one thing I love best about eating low carb... you can EAT SALT!!! Salt keeps you strong and hydrated. It is a must on a low carb eating plan. You also need to be drinking adequate amounts of water. If you are caffeine person.. what this dizzy feeling might be is dehydration.

Remember, the #1 reason for decreased performance is issues with HYDRATION.

Mufasa
03-25-2009, 12:31 PM
This is all to embarassing. Some of my fans have been so kind to send me 4 jars of all natural ( and different brands throughout the USA ) and a whole BIG tin of Virginia Blistered Peanuts. Let me put it to you this way... after competing in '06 dong 3 shows in a row, after the Olympia, I am pretty sure that I finished off the whole peanut butter care package.

We all have this trigger food... and that is mine. I am sure there is some emotional reason way back in my childhood that I should probably figure out.. right now, I just can't have it in the house.

That is my best advice for someone with as severe a peanut butter addiction as me.

C:

Dave, in some of his more "frisky" moments..doesn't get in his Birthday Suit and strategically smear himself with peanut butter, does he??? :p

(That would be MEAN! But probably pretty fun for him! :p)

LOL!

Mufasa

Mufasa
03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
A more serious one for you, C:

1) Out of all the Female Bodybuilder's you have met, who do you think was the most genetically gifted...and one whose combination of size and aesthetic almost put you on your knees?

2) Out of all the FBB's you've met; who do you think worked the hardest to build an amazing physique without having the greatest of genetic gifts?

Thanks!

Mufasa

MsGuns
03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
HI Colette,

What is your take on the cancelling of Pro shows?
What do you think it will take to get sponsors to support FBBs and have more Pro shows?

Mufasa
03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
One last one, C! (I promise!)

Tonight you will be interviewing Kristy Hawkins.

Kristy is a scientist (I think that she is close to obtaining her PhD?).

Could you PLEASE ask her if she uses her science background and knowledge in any way to optimize her nutrition and training?

In other words, has she drawn on her science background in order to help her reach her bodybuilding Goals; or is it all just "diet and pedal-to-the-metal"?

Thanks!

Mufasa

Biggie973
03-26-2009, 08:13 AM
How did you & Dave meet? How did you decide on the name of Species Nutrition?

Mufasa
03-26-2009, 08:25 AM

1) Out of all the Female Bodybuilder's you have met, who do you think was the most genetically gifted...and one whose combination of size and aesthetic almost put you on your knees?

2) Out of all the FBB's you've met; who do you think worked the hardest to build an amazing physique without having the greatest of genetic gifts?

Thanks!

Mufasa

By the way, C...I have a couple of picks, but wanted to get your thoughts first! :)

Mufasa

2hot4u
03-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Colette, Great radio shows!! Hey, can you have Sandy Williamson back on sometime to talk about judging and what they are looking for this year in regards to bodybuilding? I am sure the bikini and figure girls would love to hear what she has to say also. Since things seem to be changing the past year. She kept saying how she loved how beautiful rachel mc lish's body was and i wonder if that is why the judging has leaned towards that look again. So we don't want to be too hard, ripped or straited glutes??? thanks

Colette Nelson
03-28-2009, 01:11 AM
Thanks!

Mufasa

-- Heather Armbrust.... she has so much talent. She just picks up a weight and her body responds.
-- Isabelle Turell - tiny waist, perfect proportion, again... if she just keeps her focus and doesn't let the GAME get to her, she is destined for great things.

--- This is a good one, ME!!! No, seriously. I was not a big girl. My whole family is super skinny. I also was diagnosed with TYPE 1 diabetes and have to test my blood sugar about 15 x / day and manage a chronic disease on top of not so great genetics. For evey # of muscle you see on my body it was through HARD HARD work.
-- I also think Dena Westerfield has to bust her ass and she trains heavy and hard to get the mass that she has today. Both her and I have tiny hips and not so great legs... we fight everyday for some size on our wheels.
-- Kristy Hawkins... again, her shape is something that she has to CREATE an illusion through building her back and outer sweep. I have trained with Kristy and she is the hardest working bodybuilder I have ever trained with.... she should be respected for getting a PhD and never placing out of the top 5 in almost every contest she has competed in during her amateur career

Colette Nelson
03-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Colette, Great radio shows!! Hey, can you have Sandy Williamson back on sometime to talk about judging and what they are looking for this year in regards to bodybuilding? I am sure the bikini and figure girls would love to hear what she has to say also. Since things seem to be changing the past year. She kept saying how she loved how beautiful rachel mc lish's body was and i wonder if that is why the judging has leaned towards that look again. So we don't want to be too hard, ripped or straited glutes??? thanks

Lisa.. I am going to have Sandy on after the Jr. USAs... this way we can see which direction the judges have decided to go with. I know we are always curious as to what they have to say.

I will continue to stress... they have to judge what is on the stage. If all the girls COME IN HARD... then that is what they have to judge. That doesn't meant that is what they want.. makes things a bit confusing. I remember one year when all the girls with ROUND and soft.. everyone thought this is what they wanted. ALWAYS go with how your body looks the best.............

Colette

Colette Nelson
03-28-2009, 01:16 AM
How did you & Dave meet? How did you decide on the name of Species Nutrition?

Dave and I met in Dallas, TX at the RONNIE COLEMAN CLASSIC in 2002. I recently broke up with my boyfriend and he was recently seperated from Barbara Moran. We were both at a cross roads in our lives and it just sort of clicked. LIFE is all about TIMING.

Ah... SPECIES. Dave loves the movie and the actress that plays the alian in the movie. The rest is history.

Colette Nelson
03-28-2009, 01:23 AM
HI Colette,

What is your take on the cancelling of Pro shows?
What do you think it will take to get sponsors to support FBBs and have more Pro shows?

A problem.. as a promoter do you want to pay a $5000 sanction fee to have FBB? Then, you have to come up with Prize Money? Will the woman sell that many more seats? It is about dollars and cents. FBB will never die... the numbers keep increasing at the Amateur level but at the pro level when prize money is a factor and sanction fee's are REAL.. it just isn't a smart business decision to have it a part of the venue.

What needs to happen.... Shows that have Male BB they should allow the addition of FBB without a sanction fee and look for sponsors to create a prize purse for the ladies.

It would be nice to see profitable web cam sites and other supplement companies to sponsor even small amounts of money.. if we have enough then it might amount to something.

The real problem.. as I look for sponsors for our radio show.... people / fans / etc.. want to sponsor A FEMALE BODYBUILDER nor FEMALE BODYBIUILDING.

Does that make sense. There are so many guys on the internet that are like.... Colette, can you help me find a talented FBB to give $500.00 a month too...... well, why not SPONSOR female bodybuilding... nope.. they want just a female bodybuilder. This is something we need to change.

Colette Nelson
03-28-2009, 01:24 AM
QUICK NOTE.... The North American's will be giving out TWO PRO CARDS.. one for the OPEN division and they are adding an OVER 35 category.. and giving away a pro card for that as well. So... FBB is alive and well at the amateur level.

Mufasa
03-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Wow!

You're the BEST, Colette! Thanks for your answers!

As a Pediatrician, I see the frustration of Type 1 Diabetes daily...and how difficult BASIC management of the disease can be; I can only imagine how much more difficult it can be when one is trying to put on muscle.

(Has going the pump route ever been an option for you, Collette?)

I can't think of anyone doing anything more amazing with their physique against anymore greater odds, Collette!

Believe me...more of my patients will know about what you've accomplished! :bowdown:

Dena and Kristy are great choices too! (I was thinking of Vickie Nixon)...but those two ladies do seem to work VERY hard for the bodies they have! (DANG-it! Kristy has been taken out of the dating pool though! :mad:! Brandon is one lucky guy! Muscle, Brains and Beauty...I hope he's counting his blessings! :p!)

Anyhoo...thanks for sharing your thoughts, C!

Mufasa

Mufasa
03-28-2009, 11:24 AM
C:

Dave, in some of his more "frisky" moments..does he get in his Birthday Suit and strategically smear himself with peanut butter??? :p

(That would be MEAN! But probably pretty fun for him! :p)

LOL!

Mufasa

...Ummmm...back to a LIGHTER subject...! :p

Mufasa

MsGuns
03-28-2009, 04:12 PM
A problem.. as a promoter do you want to pay a $5000 sanction fee to have FBB? Then, you have to come up with Prize Money? Will the woman sell that many more seats? It is about dollars and cents. FBB will never die... the numbers keep increasing at the Amateur level but at the pro level when prize money is a factor and sanction fee's are REAL.. it just isn't a smart business decision to have it a part of the venue.

What needs to happen.... Shows that have Male BB they should allow the addition of FBB without a sanction fee and look for sponsors to create a prize purse for the ladies.

It would be nice to see profitable web cam sites and other supplement companies to sponsor even small amounts of money.. if we have enough then it might amount to something.

The real problem.. as I look for sponsors for our radio show.... people / fans / etc.. want to sponsor A FEMALE BODYBUILDER nor FEMALE BODYBIUILDING.

Does that make sense. There are so many guys on the internet that are like.... Colette, can you help me find a talented FBB to give $500.00 a month too...... well, why not SPONSOR female bodybuilding... nope.. they want just a female bodybuilder. This is something we need to change.

Thx that made a lot of sense finally another good answer...
I was just tired of reading crazy responses by people who dont compete (men).

Ps. if another guy asks you about sponsoring a FBB- send him my way..smile

Lee Penman
03-28-2009, 11:31 PM
-- Heather Armbrust.... she has so much talent. She just picks up a weight and her body responds.
-- Isabelle Turell - tiny waist, perfect proportion, again... if she just keeps her focus and doesn't let the GAME get to her, she is destined for great things.

--- This is a good one, ME!!! No, seriously. I was not a big girl. My whole family is super skinny. I also was diagnosed with TYPE 1 diabetes and have to test my blood sugar about 15 x / day and manage a chronic disease on top of not so great genetics. For evey # of muscle you see on my body it was through HARD HARD work.
-- I also think Dena Westerfield has to bust her ass and she trains heavy and hard to get the mass that she has today. Both her and I have tiny hips and not so great legs... we fight everyday for some size on our wheels.
-- Kristy Hawkins... again, her shape is something that she has to CREATE an illusion through building her back and outer sweep. I have trained with Kristy and she is the hardest working bodybuilder I have ever trained with.... she should be respected for getting a PhD and never placing out of the top 5 in almost every contest she has competed in during her amateur career
Had to step in here Colette...."not so great legs"...have you looked at them recently?.....nuff said! I think quite a few people will be taken by surprise when you next hit the stage!

dvsness
03-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Colette - text me! I lost my phone and all the numbers in it so I can't get in touch w/you.

:(

Colette Nelson
03-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Leigh.. you made my whole YEAR!! I have been busting my little booty on my legs.. let's hope you are right.

Biggie973
03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
How often do you practice posing? & You should do the NY Pro to show off the NY fans your package!!

Colette Nelson
03-31-2009, 12:24 AM
How often do you practice posing? & You should do the NY Pro to show off the NY fans your package!!

I couldn't get my shit together........ I was a bit dissappointed with last years 12th place and they didn't even hook a girl up with a posing award. The amount of work I put into my routines....... just kinda sucked. I will do the TAMPA .. as it might actually happen. Then.. the AC Pro. I want to get back on stage..... I do miss it. I just need to stop working so much over here...... I never have a spare moment.

Elise
03-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Hey Colettey, se u this evening gonna stop by after workout & gym, although if ur up to doin some cardio w/me lmk

Colette Nelson
03-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey Colettey, se u this evening gonna stop by after workout & gym, although if ur up to doin some cardio w/me lmk

Hey sexy girl... in one of those LONG meetings tonight. Let's do tomorrow night... looks like I only got my 1 cardio session in tonight.

LUV YOU BABY....

Biggie973
03-31-2009, 06:58 PM
How's your diet for the Tampa show? What are you weighing now?

little d
04-01-2009, 05:42 AM
Daves mass diet and the cutting diet are they good for a type 1 diabetic? Looking for a friend. Is there any Info I can get for compeating bodybuilders with type 1 diab.? My male friend 6"1 at 210 needs to build young at 22 years old thanks in advance! You are great!

Jnova7723
04-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Hey Colette-

Do you still put together posing routine music? You did mine for my last show and I want to get your services again. :) :)

Let me know!
Josiah

RealLilSwole
04-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Colette! Help! I am doing Dave's diet, which is working great...BUT...I hate fish...got any good recipes for fish???? Thanks!

little d
04-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Hey some of these recipes look awesome! Carbolize, Can a type 1 diabetic is this product?

Mufasa
04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Well Colette:

It looks like the Female Bodybuilding portion of the Tampa Pro is officially back on! (I know that in your last radio show it was unclear).

While a LOT of people were important in getting the show reinstated; it seems that Debbie Bramwell's efforts were pivotal.

Any chance of getting her on the show to discuss:

1) What she did

2) Her prep/etc. for the NY Pro AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST

3) Her upcoming nuptials? (The girl seems to have a LOT going on! :bowdown:)

Anyway...just some thoughts..

And keep up the great work!

Mufasa

captaincardio58
04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Have you tried a lil dc theory for your legs working backwards, calfs first ham strings quads last, bythe time i get to squat theres just so much more stress on the quads i assume because th hamstrings are totally beat up and cant assist as much perhaps this could help with dem legs! Hope your prep is going smooth! btw love the muscle grls inc show, when yuo getting shirts for that??

Mufasa
04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
I guess one BIG question you brought up in the last show is an important one, Collette:

Is this a sustainable effort? In other words, are future shows going to always require donations as opposed to sponsors?

(Something to also consider for the Radio Show).

Mufasa

MsGuns
04-02-2009, 07:06 PM
I guess one BIG question you brought up in the last show is an important one, Collette:

Is this a sustainable effort? In other words, are future shows going to always require donations as opposed to sponsors?

(Something to also consider for the Radio Show).

Mufasa

good question....

Colette Nelson
04-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Hey Colette-

Do you still put together posing routine music? You did mine for my last show and I want to get your services again. :) :)

Let me know!
Josiah

Yes.. .Of course. Contact me via my website.. I will put together some HOT for you.

Just let me know the songs...

Colette Nelson
04-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey some of these recipes look awesome! Carbolize, Can a type 1 diabetic is this product?

Yes... but again, Type 1 diabetics require insulin to LIVE. And they can eat anything they want.. as long as they give the right amount of INSULIN, most likely humalog, to cover the amount of carbs in the meal/shake etc....

Simply COUNT your carbs in the protein shake.... depending on your insulin:carb ratio ... determine the amount you will need to cover that amount of carbs.

I have some techniques that help to better mange your diabetes with insulin... using a mixture of Humalog & Humalin Regular and also spliting your lantus insulin to better be reflective how food is absorbed.

Type 1 diabetes is very complicated and requires a lot of diligence in its maintance. Contact me on my personal site for a consultation.