PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Nee?

bluto
08-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Have not read or heard much of anything about him since his failure to qualify for last year's WSM finals. Anyone know what's up with him?

robert da strongman
08-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Poland Presents the Final Leg in 2009 Giants Live Strongman Tour
by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. | ©2009 IronMind

“This is the final Giants Live strongman competition of the season and the last chance to secure a place at the World’s [World’s Strongest Man contest],” Giants Live founder Colin Bryce told IronMind today.

Here’s the official lineup up:

Jarek Dymek
Stefan Solvi Petursson
Mark Felix
Darren Sadler
Laurence Shahlaei
Rob Frampton
Kevin Nee
Raivis Vidzis
Tarmo Mitt

“Two young new Poles,” will also be part of the lineup," Bryce said. "This should be a good contest - with the top three going to the World’s.”

Events:

Tire flip
Farmer's walk
Deadlift
Viking press
Medley
Stones

The competition will be held at Malbork Castle in northern Poland, a 13th century gem that “is the world’s largest medieval castle,” said Bryce. Svend “Viking” Karlsen has flown in from Norway to help Bryce present the TV.

A source close to the process told IronMind that “the World’s Strongest Man wild card selection will follow the contest. As ever, a senior panel of strongman experts will liaise with top IMG officials to help decide the lineup.”

And the stakes are higher than ever, as IronMind heard, “This year’s World’s is expected to be the strongest lineup of strength athletes in history.”

Stay tuned for results.

bluto
08-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I really hope Nee is back to 100%. I always appreciated his intensity!

bluto
08-01-2009, 07:48 PM
BTW, I was aware of his biceps tear back in 07, i believe. Did he tear his biceps a second time, after WSM 08? Just curious, if that is the reason for his inactivity?

robert da strongman
08-02-2009, 12:27 PM
BTW, I was aware of his biceps tear back in 07, i believe. Did he tear his biceps a second time, after WSM 08? Just curious, if that is the reason for his inactivity?

i think he injured it again in 08. but he just started competing again.
cant wait to see what he does this year.

lilfella
08-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I just watched the true life on mtv episode with him. It was pretty damn cool since 99% of mtv is crap. If you watch closely you see Ortmayer in the episode at one of the meets.

Ryan Bracewell
08-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Nee took 4rth in that Giants Live event, which im pretty sure qualifies him an entry for WSM. Should be interesting to see how he does. I saw him San Diego during Cali Strongest Man, and didnt look like he has lost any size from his injuries.

Thad
08-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Nee took 4rth in that Giants Live event, which im pretty sure qualifies him an entry for WSM. Should be interesting to see how he does. I saw him San Diego during Cali Strongest Man, and didnt look like he has lost any size from his injuries.
He didn't qualify, the top 3 qualified for WSM.

Ryan Bracewell
08-03-2009, 07:59 PM
He didn't qualify, the top 3 qualified for WSM.

I was not sure since this year its the new Giants Live thing. Last year with the super series like MSG and Mohegan, the top 4 qualified. Assuming he is still healthy, he will still probably get one of the invites because of his popularity.

ebfitness
08-07-2009, 05:34 PM
I always liked Nee. I met him at the Olympia expo last year...friendly guy. He's still young and growing, I think he's gonna be around for a while.

Ryan Bracewell
08-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Based on a post from Nick Best over on Marunde, neither himself or Nee will get invited to WSM because 6 Americans qualified and they do not want any additional Americans.