PDA

View Full Version : Abs

MashkaNY
08-02-2009, 12:01 AM
does anyone even train them or do you feel they jsut come in as you diet?

my last show i bearly trained them at all, and they looked very good

this time im dieting and they're coming in very slow, now i know i still have bodyfat to go and im doing dave's diet so abs come in the last on it (on my body) but still, starting to do some more ab work... dont know if i should "train" them , usualy just here and there in bw sets you know

bigleemurali
08-02-2009, 10:31 AM
i train abs to build thickness or else they just come in as you tone down the body fats...

Quadsweep
08-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I think you need to have enough muscle thickness to see them or else once lean its just a flat wall once you stretch out in your front stance.

Quad

DCHMUSCLE88
08-02-2009, 06:10 PM
i think abs should be trained 2-3 times a week year round

The Big Sexy
08-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I train mine 2x a week... year round. I do some weighted stuff and some unweighted. I also make sure I hit all the angles... I just don't go straight down on a crunch but I also move to hit the entire ab wall from all angles.

metallideth
11-24-2009, 08:10 PM
well i'm no pro but do you guys think it's really necessary to do isolation exercises for abs if you do squats and deads? you use your core muscles in those exercises so shouldn't that be enough for them?

DAVIDHARDY
11-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Def do them. You can tell the difference when someone doesn't do them when they stand next to a guy with good abs that really pop and are developed.

metallideth
11-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Def do them. You can tell the difference when someone doesn't do them when they stand next to a guy with good abs that really pop and are developed.

so do isolation exercises for abs even though you already do squats and deads? isn't that like saying do isolation exercises for forearms even though you do exercises that use them like curls and tricep extensions for example. i'm just wondering btw.

AVBG
11-25-2009, 08:01 PM
I never trained them prior to 08 - and they were a strong point. Since then I have been hitting them twice a week hopefully they'll be even more impressive come show time in March.

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/picture.php?albumid=291&pictureid=2802

DAVIDHARDY
11-25-2009, 08:56 PM
so do isolation exercises for abs even though you already do squats and deads? isn't that like saying do isolation exercises for forearms even though you do exercises that use them like curls and tricep extensions for example. i'm just wondering btw.

Hell yeah man. I like to do weighted movements too. The abs are a lot more visible than the forearms, so you should have a well developed mid section. I'd feel weird not doing them. I don't really worry if I don't do them, but I always try to hit them once or twice a week. When I use weighted movements, it really makes them pop and they look their best.

MusclesMarinara
11-30-2009, 11:00 PM
can you give an example as to what you mean by "all angles"