4 Egg Whites (24g P)
18g Walnuts (12g F)
2 Fish Oil Caps

Meal 5 (3hr after Meal 4)
6oz cooked chicken breast (50g P)
45g Walnuts (30g F)

Meal 6 (3hr after Meal 5)
5.5oz Steak (50g P, 7gF)
Salad w/21g Extra Virgin Olive Oil (21g F)
2 Fish Oil Caps

Meal 7 (3hr after Meal 6)
6oz cooked chicken (50g P)
45g Walnuts (30g F)
2 Fish Oil Caps
Some Veggies

Non Workout Day

Meal 1
50g Oatmeal (35g C)

Meal 2
Rice (40g worth)

Meal 3
4 Omega-3 Eggs (24g P, 16g F)
4 Egg Whites (24g P)
30g Walnuts (20gF)
2 Fish Oil Caps

Meal 4
55g Walnuts (37g F)

Meal 5
5.5oz Steak (50g P, 7gF)
Salad w/21g Extra Virgin Olive Oil (30g F)
2 Fish Oil Caps

Meal 6
55g Walnuts (37g F)
2 Fish Oil Caps

Low GI Carbs – Long Grain Rice, Potato Buds, Oatmeal,
Fruit – Blueberries, Bananas, Grapes
High GI Carbs – Waxy Maize, Cereal
Protein – Whey, Chicken, Steak, Eggs, Tuna, Salmon Tilapia
Fat – Walnuts, Almonds, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Egg Yolk, Fish Oil Caps, Natural Peanut Butter

I’m not sure what the carb content is for cooked rice or potato buds, so if anybody knows those, it would really help. Also should I not include peas and corn into this meal plan?

Should I eat protein directly following a workout in conjunction with the Waxy Maize(heard many conflicting ideas)? I’m going to be having little carb up days on Sundays, consisting of about roughly 300g’s of carbs(2g/lb) over a 2 hour span of time. The carb source would be mainly coming from cereal and pasta.

Thanks in advance!

bigdaddy99101
08-02-2009, 02:01 AM
goto calorieking.com and it will tell you the macros for the rice and tatos!

SlimTim
08-02-2009, 02:19 AM
*Critique*

radrmd216
08-02-2009, 02:38 AM
*Critique*

Thanks, now how do I change that? And do you have anything to say about my diet?

Frosty
08-02-2009, 03:17 AM
It looks decent I mean you don't really know until you try it. Sometimes people don't sleep as good having no carbs in the evenings. I wouldn't be afraid of 20-30g of carbs with a pre-bed meal to help you sleep better....that's more important than worrying about a little bit of carbs, IMO.

You want some sort of protein or amino acids with the WMS. Preferably highly hydrolyzed protein or something like EAAs with extra leucine. Carbs plus aminos, especially leucine, equals MUCh higher protein synthesis than carbs alone.

radrmd216
08-02-2009, 03:43 AM
Frosty, should I just keep the carbs the same for each day and just take out the carbs from another meal and put it in the last meal of the day. I was thinking a starchy carb like rice wouldn't be that good before bed, how do you think something like peas would be? Do you think its best to not mix carbs and fat in meals, so a meal like the one before bed would just be protein and little bit of carbs.

What kind of supplements do you use. I was just thinking of using creatine and waxy maise. Do you think bulk bcaa's or bulk leucine are worth the price,especially when already eating a lot of protein, or is the money better used for whole food. Is there any other kind of supplement you like such as beta-alanine. I like reading your posts, you have some knowledge in nutrition and supplementation,but also experiment instead of just go by the book. Thnaks for your input.

Alex The Great
08-03-2009, 11:22 AM
Your diet looks decent. I would def throw some veggies in there though. They will provide tons of vitamins and nutrients. I also like how your cutting off the carbs early that good. If your body doesnt need them then theres really not much reason to eat them. In meal 3 though on your workout days I would drop the kids cereal and switch up to a low gi carb like oats or a sweet potatoe. Since it is your last carb meal of the day you dont want something that is gona spike your insulin then allow it to crash later because you are no longer providing carbs. Also work on your macros a little bit. In meal 3 the protein content is 20 grams higher then any other meal. Keep it even.

Frosty
08-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Frosty, should I just keep the carbs the same for each day and just take out the carbs from another meal and put it in the last meal of the day. I was thinking a starchy carb like rice wouldn't be that good before bed, how do you think something like peas would be? Do you think its best to not mix carbs and fat in meals, so a meal like the one before bed would just be protein and little bit of carbs.

What kind of supplements do you use. I was just thinking of using creatine and waxy maise. Do you think bulk bcaa's or bulk leucine are worth the price,especially when already eating a lot of protein, or is the money better used for whole food. Is there any other kind of supplement you like such as beta-alanine. I like reading your posts, you have some knowledge in nutrition and supplementation,but also experiment instead of just go by the book. Thnaks for your input.

Think of it this way. Carbs are activity dependent. When you're not active, you need less carbs. When you're more active, you need more. So on days off weights you need less carbs. After workouts you need more carbs than you do at other times.

Before bed a little carbs say blueberries and cottage cheese would be something that would support good sleep which is way more important than worrying about mixing a little carbs and fat. We're not talking eating 80g of carbs before bed with fat. Just 20-30g of carbs say from an easy to digest lower GI carb like blueberries along with a slow, easy to digest protein like say cottage cheese. This will support good sleep which is vital for proper hormones like insulin and testosterone....two enormously important hormones for gaining muscle mass.

BCAAs and leucine are useful. BCAAs 0.44g/kg LBM pre/during workout. Leucine can be taken with meals, just 5g every other meal because it's a spike in blood leucine that is anabolic, not chronic elevated leucine.

BigBilly
08-05-2009, 08:55 PM
i love reading frotsy posts

BigBilly
08-05-2009, 08:55 PM

500g of lecuine is 16bucks

figurebre
08-06-2009, 12:11 AM
I like reading Frosty's posts too