PDA

View Full Version : pec tear

Clint
08-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Hello Im hoping someone can help me with this,
I tore my left pec about 8 months ago it didn't tear completely at the time I thought I just pulled it really bad ( although thats probably the same thing)
It turned black and red and got swollen up but at the time I was on a military course at the time and I had to carry on so I never saw a doctor.
It took about 6 months before I could start to hit the gym hard again and well I thought it was completely healed but recently i have been getting a lot stronger and starting to get pain in the left pec ware it ties into the shoulder/bicep this was actually a reoccurring injury with me before I tore it I used to get it on both sides when I overtrained chest or tried to lift too much.
I'm not sure what I did this time tho because I have been very careful not pushing it too much, I also noticed recently that the muscle has retracted a bit on the left side there's a indentation in the area ware it tore.
My question is do you thing the muscle has been permanently weakened and what can I do to avoid this type of injury because it used to happen all the time when I start to get strong.
currently i'm just training chest light weight for reps and taking a closer grip it doesn't seem to aggravate the injury.
Oh and I didn't tear it lifting it was at the obstacle course hoisting a fat dude up the wall.

Clint
08-03-2009, 10:32 PM
really nothing?
maybe i need to strengthen that specific tendon with flys and lots o reps before pressing?
should not work chest at all until I feel no pain that could be weeks

killa6
08-31-2009, 01:46 PM
Dude..you need to go see your doctor and get hooked up with a good surgeon..I tore my right pack wakeboarding about 4 years ago..didnt get any surgery... and now im living with a deformed right pec when i flex...its also only 80 percent as strong as my left...My advice to you is get surgery..quick.

Chi-town1984
09-01-2009, 09:46 AM
dam bro....hope everything goes good and get it fixed, thats why i always make sure i stretch really good and drink a shit load of water before i start lifting. Good luck bro