The Pic of me

http://i32.tinypic.com/2crugd5.jpg

doyle369
08-03-2009, 09:36 AM
anyone?

Thanks

MusclesMarinara
08-03-2009, 07:05 PM
In my opinion, if your just starting id start with a MON-WED-FRI split doing full body workouts for awhile. although in the beginning its possible to put on muscle and get lean you normally cant do both at the same time. Build your lean muscle and then burn the fat

most of all be patient and work your ass off, youll get to where you wana be eventually.

DCHMUSCLE88
08-03-2009, 09:05 PM
i'd try and eat every 3 hours. good clean meals.

GottaGetLean
08-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Putting on muscle in your first year of working out is a lot easier and a lot faster then when you've been workin out for a while.. Stick With a 5 day split so you can really focus on each muscle and get better development

Mon- Chest
Tues Shoulders
Wed- Legs
Thurs- Back
Fri- Bis/Tris

Tre
08-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Putting on muscle in your first year of working out is a lot easier and a lot faster then when you've been workin out for a while.. Stick With a 5 day split so you can really focus on each muscle and get better development

Mon- Chest
Tues Shoulders
Wed- Legs
Thurs- Back
Fri- Bis/Tris
I'm going to have to disagree with this suggested split for a couple of reasons.

First, as an extreme ectomorph, he's likely to be a hard gainer, even though he should see some pretty rapid progress right away given his youth and the fact that he's training for the first time. His initial suggestion for a 3- or 4-on/1-off split is a pretty good idea based on his body type and age.

Secondly, to put on muscle, he's going to have to do heavy pressing movements. If he honestly blasts his chest on Monday, that would involve 4-8 sets of presses, meaning that his triceps should be pretty spent. There's no way he should be able to turn around and do shoulders the very next day.

He could swap days 2 and 3, but since he's a beginner, I'd actually suggest the much simpler split he asked about - chest/tris, back/bis, legs/shoulders. 3-on/1-off is a great split and it's easy to follow.

If he wants to do every other day, he could actually switch things up a little and do chest/bis, back/tris, legs/shoulders.

I'd suggest staying with one of these simpler splits until his body is used to the training. He's not quite ready to be a bodybuilder yet. ;)

almard
08-04-2009, 01:33 PM
If you wan't to get bigger, you don't need to Concern how lean you are....eat big, get big....

doyle369
08-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys

What do you think of this routine?

Day 1

Chest Tri's

Flat Bench
Decline or Incline Bench
Dips
Push Downs

Day 2

Back, Bi's

Deadlift
One Arm Bent-over rows
Shrugs
BB Curl
Incline alternating DB Curl

Day 3

Leg, Shoulders

Squat
Leg Extension
Leg Pulls
Calve Raises
Front BB Press
Side Raises

Sledge
08-04-2009, 03:02 PM
In my opinion, if your just starting id start with a MON-WED-FRI split doing full body workouts for awhile. although in the beginning its possible to put on muscle and get lean you normally cant do both at the same time. Build your lean muscle and then burn the fat

most of all be patient and work your ass off, youll get to where you wana be eventually.

I agree with this post for the most part. 3 day a week full body workout will get you awesome results from where you are. Diet is the key though. get your diet 100% sorted and eat eat eat.

No such thing as a hard gainer, only a bad eater.

doyle369
08-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Ok

3 day full body workout sounds good

What do you think to this

Workout #1 (Day One) Exercises

Barbell Chest Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Pull Ups (Can be performed on a pull-up station with assist or a traditional pull-up bar): Perform as many pull-ups as you can for 3 sets.
Standing Military (Barbell or Dumbbell) Shoulder Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Barbell Squat: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Seated Calf Raise: 15 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Tricep Bench Dips: Perform as many dips as you can for 3 sets.*
(Optional) Back Extensions: One Set of 15**
Swiss/Stability Ball Ab Crunches: 20-25***

Rest and Recover for at least 48 hours.

Workout #2 (Day Two) Exercises

Dips: Perform as many reps as possible for 3 sets*
Cable Rows: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Presses: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Barbell or Dumbbell Deadlifts: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Smith Machine Standing Calf Raises: 15 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Overhead Seated Dumbbell Tricep Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Back Extensions: One Set of 15**
Hanging Leg Raises/Roman Chair (Abs): Perform as many as you can for 3 sets***

Rest and Recover for at least 48 hours.

Workout #3 (Day Three) Exercises

Dumbbell Chest Press (Vary the position of the bench from flat to incline across sets): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Bent Over Dumbbell Rows (can be performed in a Smith Machine as well): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Upright Rows (Dumbbell or Barbell): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Lying Leg Press: 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
Seated Calf Press (Performed on Leg Press Machine): 15 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Reverse Bicep Curls (Palms down): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Lying Tricep Dumbbell Extensions (”Skullcrushers”): 8-10 Reps for 3 Sets
(Optional) Back Extensions: One set of 15 **
V-Crunches/Jack-Knife Sit Up (Abs): Perform as many as you can for 3 sets.***

Tre
08-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Diet is the key though. get your diet 100% sorted and eat eat eat.

Truth.

No such thing as a hard gainer, only a bad eater.

Oh, we definitely exist. You'd be amazed at how small I am if you saw what I eat. :o

doyle369
08-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Bump

^^

kratos47
08-09-2009, 11:49 PM
i'd say to got with four days a week. heavy/ 8-10 in the begginning of the workout then switch to 15-20 reps near the end to get the best pump. so you'll hit different fibers. i do
mon chest bis
tue legs calves
wed off
thurs shoulders tris
fri back
sat off
sun off
eat every two hours
abbs three times a week

Bona fide
05-13-2010, 09:04 PM
^ bump

Sandpig
05-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Oh, we definitely exist. You'd be amazed at how small I am if you saw what I eat. :o[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Although I admit when I was younger I was a fuck up even though I trained. Now that I got everything together, it may be a little to late to pack on size.

s2h
05-14-2010, 08:14 AM
i'd say to got with four days a week. heavy/ 8-10 in the begginning of the workout then switch to 15-20 reps near the end to get the best pump. so you'll hit different fibers. i do
mon chest bis
tue legs calves
wed off
thurs shoulders tris
fri back
sat off
sun off
eat every two hours
abbs three times a weekagree.......and eat more

Youngguns
05-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Don't eat every 3 hours, but try for 2.5-3.5, 3 being optimal.

Eat eat eat, get a good amount of protein at every meal and have 5 meals per day. You can have a 2-3 shakes in place of meals, just make sure the macro-nutrients (protein, carbohydrates, fats) are still in order.

Lift no more than 4 days per week, and you shouldn't be in the gym longer than 40 minutes with abs your workout, everything included. Drink plenty of water, always have it by your side. It's a journey, a life style, good luck.

Youngguns
05-14-2010, 03:55 PM
One more really important note: use as light of weight as possible. The trick is to stimulate muscle growth with the shortest easiest workout possible, since you're a beginner you don't need much stimulus.

Example: Chest/Triceps-Monday
Barbell Flat Press: (6-10) 65(6), 85(6), 105(6), 125(many as you can coming close to failure) This way next week you can add 5lbs to your last set for the same amount of reps.
Incline Dumbbell Press: Roughly 25% less weight than flat bench.
Flyes: (8-10 reps) 15, 15, 15lbs
Tricep Cable Push downs: (12-15reps) 50lbsx3

That's it, that's all, no longer than 40 minutes (even 30 should suffice) And remember anyone can move weight, but you want to "feel" the muscle. If you're doing barbell bench press, make sure you're feeling your chest do most of the work, the whole time focus on that muscle and stimulating it as much as possible.

Remember... use light weight! You have years to get strong, start out right.

The Big Sexy
05-14-2010, 04:01 PM
One more really important note: use as light of weight as possible. The trick is to stimulate muscle growth with the shortest easiest workout possible, since you're a beginner you don't need much stimulus.

Example: Chest/Triceps-Monday
Barbell Flat Press: (6-10) 65(6), 85(6), 105(6), 125(many as you can coming close to failure) This way next week you can add 5lbs to your last set for the same amount of reps.
Incline Dumbbell Press: Roughly 25% less weight than flat bench.
Flyes: (8-10 reps) 15, 15, 15lbs
Tricep Cable Push downs: (12-15reps) 50lbsx3

That's it, that's all, no longer than 40 minutes (even 30 should suffice) And remember anyone can move weight, but you want to "feel" the muscle. If you're doing barbell bench press, make sure you're feeling your chest do most of the work, the whole time focus on that muscle and stimulating it as much as possible.

Remember... use light weight! You have years to get strong, start out right.

The bold FTW... best statement. You have to contract, and squeeze the muscle not just go through the motions.

Youngguns
05-14-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm sure you understand doyle but remember we are building muscle first, and strength later. Strength will follow very closely. If I were training you, I'd rather see you bench 135x6 reps nice and slow with great form then 185 with terrible form and spotters. I'd also rather see your body grow then your ego.

Don't be scared to sit at your computer and flex each individual muscle and put your hand on it and feel it, touch every part and flex it really hard, this will increase your mind-muscle connection. This is the most important aspect in bodybuilding after proper diet. Again, good luck... I remember when I was just like you a few years ago (4), I over bulked 3x, and when you're natural you lose a lot of muscle dieting off fat. The trick is to gain slowly, never more than 30lbs your first year, that's MAX. Stay as lean as possible, if you don't gain weight over 2-3 weeks, eat a little more. You'll figure it out!

(it takes time... it takes time...)

DUBAI
09-20-2010, 02:16 AM
yup but if you like to Change a Change and Change your body , i will snded new Sportscaster ........................................