PDA

View Full Version : The State on TNA Wrestling

buckimscl
08-02-2009, 09:36 AM
What's your take on the current state of TNA? I feel like they are really searching for something to latch on to. It seems like a lot of their story lines are really getting tired and a couple of things that were said last week indicate there may be an NWO/ECW originals angle coming up. The wrestlers getting pushes I just don't get:

Samoe Joe: this guy is a tub of goo. Samoan Submission Machine!! Gimme a F'n break! Joe needs to lay off the Krispy Kremes and get in the gym.

AJ Styles: He's 4 feet tall. He's got good ring technique but just a little short.

Beer Money Inc: I like this angle and I think these guys need a push hard.

MEM: This is getting kind of tired along with the whole Sting appearing out of no where schtick.

The Beautiful People: I think I like this angle but I'm not really sure yet.

The British Invasion: Not sure about the whole Eric Young thing with them.

Bobby Lashley will get a serious push and Booker T needs to get the wad of cotton balls out of his mouth and lose the somebody just punched me in the gut bulging eyes thing.

Just some observations......

~gymdiva~
08-03-2009, 12:59 PM
buck, I thought this deserved its own thread instead of being lost in the gossip thread :)

The Big Sexy
08-03-2009, 01:04 PM
very good.

I think the MEM thing is dragging now... it was kind of cool at first, but it's the same old same old. They need some innovation.... some sort of flare.

buckimscl
08-04-2009, 10:14 AM
There is a serious lack of talent in the WWE and TNA. Vince needs to thin the roster and combine Raw & Smackdown and have a really good product and get rid of mid carders like Swagger, MVP, Kingston, Miz. TNA would benefit from the fallout and maybe even repackage some of these guys with new angles. Hey Stone Cold Steve Austin used to be Stunning Steve Austin. Sometimes a change is good.

TheCutMan
08-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Samoe Joe: this guy is a tub of goo. Samoan Submission Machine!! Gimme a F'n break! Joe needs to lay off the Krispy Kremes and get in the gym.

Not every wrestler can nor should be looking like a million bucks.
Samoa Joe has his own style and look - just like AJ.
Nobody cares if Joe is fat or AJ is small. They are both tremendous athletes.

Beer Money Inc: I like this angle and I think these guys need a push hard.So do I. These two guys have really great potential. Especially Robert Roode - he is not only decent wrestler but very charismatic as well.

The Beautiful People: I think I like this angle but I'm not really sure yet.Agree.
In general, the TNA Knockout division is way better than the WWE women's division.
In WWE, there are just two types Divas:
1. the Faces: big tits, nice ass, friendly, laughing
2. the Heels: big tits, nice ass, arrogant, conceited
In TNA, the Knockouts have actual gimmicks like ODB or Awesome Kong. And the Beautiful People are a really cool stable (never thaught I would ever call women's wrestling "cool" :D).
But not only that, the women's matches in TNA are way better and much more intense.

dallas3
08-06-2009, 12:03 PM
I remember Paul Heyman being asked about TNA and why they haven't made that next step is because of branding. To me they seem all over the place and don't have a clear identity plus even if the wrestling is better than WWE, still comes off second rate in production.

buckimscl
08-06-2009, 12:08 PM
It's possible that the "Impact Zone" doesn't help. Looks as though it's in the same tv studio each week ala NWA from Atlanta in the 80's but a little better obviously.

atomicplayboy3000
08-08-2009, 04:21 AM
I'd advise you to watch a Best of Samoa Joe tape
His physique isn't classical but there isn't anything unathletical about him

Alex England
08-10-2009, 12:09 PM
I just saw TNA for the first time in a round six months. Still beats WWE hands down for me. MEM works well imo, best heal stable since Evolution. Great to see Mick working outside of the WWE again as well, he is always happier that way.
MCMG's are a great tag team. I know everyone hates them but I still get a kick out of the Dudleys as well. Abyss talking? Nah, I think thats I mistake.
I just hope my boy Raven sorts out his health problems and gets back in the ring in shape.

Samoa Joe might be a chubby fucker, but boy can he wrestle. Check out some of his old ROH matches.

svtmuscle
08-10-2009, 12:14 PM
lol TNA is the most hilarious garbage ever, I respect WWE and take it for what it is but TNA is just god awful, and a bunch of the wrestlers come to the gym i work at and they are all dicks

Alex England
08-10-2009, 05:30 PM
lol TNA is the most hilarious garbage ever, I respect WWE and take it for what it is but TNA is just god awful, and a bunch of the wrestlers come to the gym i work at and they are all dicks

Really? In terms of actual wrestling ability TNA's X-Division beats anything WWE has. Tag team wrestling too. In my opinion.:p

fatbackgoal
08-10-2009, 05:36 PM
I think they need to do live shows. The whole power of wrestling is the live show. TNA needs to let go of the oldies (Sting, Booker, etc) and push young talent. Maybe if they did something like the old ECW when they would have shows in the Hammersmith ballroom in New York, where the crowd was intense and right on top of the action.