PDA

View Full Version : tribulus Q for my aunty

BudTheBuilder
08-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Hey ladies thought I would postthis in here since it is a question for my aunty.

She was told to use tribulus by her doctor to help stimulate her low testosterone (menopause she has).
So just wanting to know how much she should have and is there any problems with women taking it in the way of sides like mood swings? or what not.

Thanks ladies.

p.s. the tribulus she got is 5000mg per cap.

GeminiJedi
08-04-2009, 12:29 PM
I've used tribulus before. Not for menopause or menstrual symptoms, but to help increase natural test levels for the gym. I didn't notice any mood swings or anything negative. Working in the pharmacy, I also see lots of women coming in for low-dose DHEA.

Trixter
08-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Tribulus is a great herb for either gender. It doesn't directly stimulate test production, but luteinizing hormone which then is what's stimulating the release. It'll help in the gym as well and possibly a little bit of a libido boost, but everyone's different for that one.

If she has a 500mg/cap, she probably only needs to take that once daily. Or do 250mg split dosage.

BudTheBuilder
08-04-2009, 08:51 PM
cheers thanks guys :)

Gemini, DHEA I belive is not sold OTC in Aus.

:D

tight booty
08-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I love tribulus, only noticed positive things from it. Increased stamina, higher sex drive, more intense orgasms, strength increase in the gym. Only negative would be that my skin breaks out a little on it and that sometimes I get moody for absolutely no reason. But thats because its increased natural test. So its a positive. :-)

pebble
08-10-2009, 01:00 AM
Does it matter what brand of tribulus we use? There are so many out there; it can be confusing deciding which one to buy.

Trixter
08-10-2009, 01:20 AM
Depending on the region it grows in, the potency can vary in effectiveness. Generally speaking Bulgarian is best and German next to that. Main thing is that you're getting extract, not just powder of the dried plant and that it has a decent standardization.

pebble
08-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Are we allowed to recommend brands or is that against the rules?
I was thinking of buying a tribulus supplement from Get Diesel or USP Labs. I've also heard of Biotest Tribex.
Which brand is good from a girl's standpoint?