PDA

View Full Version : Question abouts eating eggs on dave's diet

HYZER
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Im training a couple of figure girls and whey have been on Daves keto diet for 4 weeks now and changing alot and loving the results.

Their families are giving them a hard time about eating whole eggs (8 per day). saying that the cholesterol is way to high in eggs and thats bad for them.

I just laugh in disgust at how ignorant people are.

Can some one give me a good explaination to tell theses people that this isnt gonna hurt them.

yes they are omega 3 eggs by the way.

thanks in advance:beerbang:

GirlyMuscle
08-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Just tell them they are special bodybuilding eggs....Omega 3. Tell them all about the good fats, etc. Explain they are healthy eggs. If that doesn't do the trick then there's nothing you can do. Your girls will just have to ignore them.

godstrength
08-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Im training a couple of figure girls and whey have been on Daves keto diet for 4 weeks now and changing alot and loving the results.

Their families are giving them a hard time about eating whole eggs (8 per day). saying that the cholesterol is way to high in eggs and thats bad for them.

Can some one give me a good explaination to tell theses people that this isnt gonna hurt them.

This is where egg's get a bad rap. Even the American Heart Association is now saying so.

Couple of things. There is a difference between the cholesterol in foods, and cholesterol in the blood.

Egg's alone will not cause cholesterol issues.

If a person has cholesterol problems, the cause goes much deeper than egg's.

Other issues to look at regarding cholesterol has just as much to do with genetics as anything else.

I would not worry at all. There are many people who pound away at the eggs and have no problems at all.

arielkhadr
08-04-2009, 02:53 PM
They make a big deal about the yolk in eggs but, not all the fast food everywhere.... This country thinks so rationally :cool:..

jaydhee1
08-04-2009, 02:55 PM
You should also tell them how cholesterol is essential in the body(hormones, etc)...its not a bad thing if you know how to "use" it.

HYZER
08-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Ariel, i think the exact same way you do on this topic

lomox
08-04-2009, 03:56 PM
They make a big deal about the yolk in eggs but, not all the fast food everywhere.... This country thinks so rationally :cool:..

Yeah, and put down that protien powder. It will kill you!

My favortie lately is the Pro-HFCS campaign by the corn growers. Priceless!

One thing everyone needs to understand is that more than al imited Democracy, this country is Capitalist at its root. That very litteraly means that it is driven by personal profit. Ethics are not inhernet in capitalism (which is why most big capitalists are religious, as well as gravitate towards religions that offer absolution), they must be external. Business ethics is an oxymoron. NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR HEALTH. They care about thier pockets. I am not neccessarily referring to individual motivations, but our society as a whole.

Read up on the history of the US food industry. Its amazing shit. Like who started the "Low Fat" trend in the American diet? Who funded the research? Who had the most to gain? And let me tell you from personal experience with clients like McD's and YUM Brands... marketing meetings at high levels are downright scary and have seriously caused me to question my career path.

Legend
08-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Here is a study:

A research team from the University of Surrey headed by Dr Bruce Griffin fed two eggs per day to overweight but otherwise healthy volunteers for 12 weeks while they simultaneously followed a reduced calorie diet prescribed by the British Heart Foundation (BHF) – who normally restrict egg intake to 3-4 per week. A control group followed the same BHF diet but cut out eggs altogether.

Both groups lost between 3 to 4kg (7- 9lbs) in weight and saw a fall in the average level of blood cholesterol.

Research leader Dr Bruce Griffin stated: "When blood cholesterol was measured at both six weeks and twelve weeks, both groups showed either no change or a reduction, particularly in their LDL (bad) cholesterol levels, despite the egg group increasing their dietary cholesterol intake to around four times that of the control group."

This research provides further evidence to support the now established scientific understanding that Trans fats, and too much saturated fat in the diet (most often found in pastry, processed meats, biscuits and cakes) is more responsible for raising blood cholesterol than cholesterol-rich foods, such as eggs.

As a nation, we currently eat 28 million eggs a day; between two and three per person per week – one of the lowest intakes in the world. Neither the Food Standards Agency nor the British Dietetic Association places any recommendation on the number of eggs we should eat in a week but many health care professionals are still giving out-of-date advice to cut back on eggs.

Nutritionists are now calling for health care professionals to revise their recommendations to mirror the findings of the most recently published research.

Dr Griffin continued: "There is no convincing evidence to link an increased intake of dietary cholesterol or eggs with coronary heart disease through raised blood cholesterol.

Indeed, eggs make a nutritional contribution to a healthy, calorie-restricted diet. We have shown that when two eggs a day are eaten by people who are actively losing weight on a calorie-restricted diet, blood cholesterol can still be reduced."

Provided by University of Surrey

Here is an article:

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/c/59/2546/egg-day-today/ (http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/c/59/2546/egg-day-today/)

crashcrew56
08-05-2009, 10:41 AM

Yeah, I hear the same thing too, I just don't care what my family says, and I tell them that for the 4 1/2 years I was in the Marine Corp and I ate eggs everyday and I never had a problem with my cholesterol. They havn't said anything to my in a while about it, I think they gave up

Frosty
08-05-2009, 01:36 PM
My boss at work is doing the low carb thing and eating lots of eggs, cheese, bacon, beef.....she just got her cholesterol tested and she's at 200. These aren't organic meets or omega-3 eggs, either and she doesn't even exercise.

lomox
08-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Are Eggs Healthy for Weight Loss? By Margaret Furtado, M.S., R.D. -

A new study in the online journal entitled Risk Analysis reports that eating one egg a day accounts for less than 1 percent of the risk of heart disease, the leading killer of American men and women. This, in my opinion, helps deflate the myth that all eggs are always bad for you and can never be included in a heart-healthy meal plan.

The researchers cited lifestyle factors, such as a poor diet, smoking, obesity, and a sedentary lifestyle as chief contributors (30 to 40 percent) of someone's heart disease risk, with men having higher risks than women. Risk factors that could be potentially treated, such as high blood pressure and diabetes, accounted for a whopping 60 to 70 percent of the risk. In this light, a single egg doesn't seem so big a threat.

Eggs have gotten a lot of bad press of late. There seems to be a constant drumbeat, perhaps in the media, about eggs being off-limits if you want to keep your heart healthy. (Just today, I was seeing a patient of mine with young children and, coincidentally, one of his daughters asked me, "Are eggs bad for you?")

Instead of worrying about an egg a day, I think we should turn our attention to the potential risks of stress (http://health.yahoo.com/experts/weightloss/2181/are-eggs-healthy-for-weight-loss/health.yahoo.com/stress;_ylt=Anr.7NR_4rlx1DXDj0HpAFlR3KB4) (especially chronic stress), physical inactivity (http://health.yahoo.com/experts/weightloss/2181/are-eggs-healthy-for-weight-loss/health.yahoo.com/fitness;_ylt=AiU0yzYCtrVUcxufRGy7jc1R3KB4), and poor overall diet choices (http://health.yahoo.com/experts/weightloss/2181/are-eggs-healthy-for-weight-loss/health.yahoo.com/nutrition;_ylt=ArL5FT1ajQCaI7D0ZySR4JdR3KB4) (like diets high in junk foods and low in fruits and vegetables).

This research, which was (full disclosure) funded by the Egg Nutrition Center, serves to further substantiate the premise that healthy adults really can eat (whole) eggs without upping their heart disease (http://health.yahoo.com/experts/weightloss/2181/are-eggs-healthy-for-weight-loss/health.yahoo.com/heart;_ylt=AtJSKVgYOi79155kdW6U1hBR3KB4) risk significantly. And what's more, the authors noted that their analysis did not adjust for all the health-promoting benefits of eggs, which might decrease some heart disease risk.

What is it about eggs that could actually help your heart?

Eggs are high in choline, an organic, water-soluble nutrient that's usually grouped in with the B vitamins. They are also high in betaine, a nutrient related to choline. Together these 2 are associated with lower levels of homocysteine (an amino acid that studies has shown to be related to a higher risk of coronary heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease). It's good to keep homocysteine levels under control because high homocysteine levels (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AlI5.c.JtISR1oDGAag4MtVR3KB4/SIG=12a9agp9o/**http%3A//health.yahoo.com/tips/be-good-to-your-heart/realage--2621.html) usually suggest chronic inflammation, a process that has been linked with heart disease, as well as to Alzheimer's disease and dementia. Treatment of a high homocysteine level usually involves supplementation of the B vitamin folic acid (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Asoizcrf3nlHb0oQYEFcXqlR3KB4/SIG=133e72fqj/**http%3A//health.yahoo.com/blood-medications/folic-acid-oral-injectable/healthwise--d00241a1.html)—but don't take more than 1,000 micrograms—1 gram—a day, or it can mask a vitamin B12 deficiency.

Eggs are a great source of high-quality (or high biological value, HBV) protein; in fact, they are considered to be the best overall source of protein.

Eggs provide 13 essential vitamins/minerals, including riboflavin (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AmqvM8mrNik9CPqxDd6X2vFR3KB4/SIG=132qpvhfv/**http%3A//health.yahoo.com/nutrition-supplements/riboflavin-vitamin-b2/healthwise--d00409a1.html), an important B vitamin needed to help your body get energy from food. Eggs also contain vitamin D, a fat-soluble vitamin lacking in the diet of many Americans. People who are overweight and/or have diabetes are at a higher risk for vitamin D deficiency.

Eggs also help you feel full, since your body produces a hormone called PYY when you eat high-protein foods. PYY tells your brain you're no longer hungry, so if you're trying to lose some pounds, opting for a high-protein snack like a boiled egg can really help you feel full (and it's only 75 calories). I personally like the organic eggs high in omega 3 fatty acids (the healthy fats), from chickens raised without hormones or chemicals. These eggs are higher in omega 3s because of the healthier feed given to the chickens. The high-omega-3 eggs add another possible benefit to a balanced diet.
However, if, for whatever reason, you want to keep the fat and cholesterol content in your diet low, eat the egg whites and skip the yolk, since all the protein (and virtually none of the fat) is in the whites. There are even cartons of pure egg whites in the grocery store that make it easy. Or you could separate the eggs at home by discarding the yolks, or at least a few of them. This study, however, seems to be suggesting that even the egg yolk isn't anywhere near the health risk people have perceived it to be for all these years. They're also a very affordable source of protein, a big plus in today's economy!

Bottom line: If you really like whole eggs, and your doctor or dietitian thinks they're fine for you, then go ahead and enjoy them, yolks and all!
© 2007 Johns Hopkins University (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AjjrPzFHiFIJT0IrCqO3zHRR3KB4/SIG=114kdj3uq/**http%3A//www.hopkinsmedicine.org/). All Rights Reserved. This article from Johns Hopkins University is provided as a service by Yahoo. All materials are produced independently by Johns Hopkins University, which is solely responsible for its content.

MDur8
08-07-2009, 06:20 PM

x2...I cant understand why people shun whole eggs and steak but have no problems eating a big mac and washing it down with a coke :confused:

CallofDuty4
08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
My boss at work is doing the low carb thing and eating lots of eggs, cheese, bacon, beef.....she just got her cholesterol tested and she's at 200. These aren't organic meets or omega-3 eggs, either and she doesn't even exercise.

wow frosty maybe you could get a raise if you enlighten her with all your knowledge....

Frosty
08-07-2009, 09:42 PM
wow frosty maybe you could get a raise if you enlighten her with all your knowledge....

I just support her :) She appreciates it...I've helped out different people at work and they appreciate the support and motivation.

CallofDuty4
08-07-2009, 10:24 PM
As I do..I appreciate all the info you have provided me...

DAVIDHARDY
08-07-2009, 10:25 PM
I just support her :) She appreciates it...I've helped out different people at work and they appreciate the support and motivation.

As I do..I appreciate all the info you have provided me...

:hmn:lol

CallofDuty4
08-07-2009, 11:41 PM
:hmn:lol

That's some funny shit hardcorehardy:drool::drool::drool:

Darnelle B
08-08-2009, 01:29 AM

frosty is just the man!!!! like the diet god.lmao :yep::shake:

Frosty
08-08-2009, 07:01 AM
LOL alright enough of the circle jerk guys. I just learn from guys smarter than me, that's all.

CallofDuty4
08-08-2009, 08:37 AM
frosty is just the man!!!! like the diet god.lmao :yep::shake:

Darnelle you said that you started at 400, what are you know and how long did it take to get there...

GRAVESY
08-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Have them play this at night when everyone is sleeping to ingrain it in their heads, lol.

YouTube - I Love Egg theme song (English)
:drool:

or any Incredible Edible Egg Commercial of the 90s