PDA

View Full Version : Busting for a huge back training article

MetalMilitiaBabe
08-04-2009, 06:07 PM
I do not know a single one who does not want to get bigger and better and for those who just want to tone – well you can still utilize the information in my article below. I hope you all enjoy and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me.

BUSTING FOR A HUGE BACK!

Presented by:

Anita Ramsey CFT, SPARQ, NPC Bodybuilder

BACK

BUSTING

I bust my back twice a week so that it will get wide, thick and freaky. I apply overwhelming attacks to my training. Fast, furious and without mercy! That’s it. That’s how I attack my back training. I move through each exercise quickly, with precise technique utilizing all my might, all my strength, hard and fast. When that exercise is done its on to the next, hard and heavy with precision movement knowing the objective is coming close. When I’m done training back I’m dizzy, sometimes nauseated from the pace and the poundage’s that I’ve just thrown around. But, the attack was a success. I always change up my routine every 4 weeks, but right now here is one great routine: I start with Wide-grip Chins to the front, T-bar rows, D.B. Rows, and shrugs. The back structure is so large and complex, for the best results, it's preferable to train the back through several exercises for more complete development. Wide grip-chins to the front are a great tool in creating a stand out V-taper. The chin-up or pull up, as some call it, is a basic movement that is imperative to creating a wide lat spread. Hold on to a chinning bar with an overhand grip, hands wider than shoulder width. Hang from the bar, then squeeze the shoulder blades down and together, next pull yourself up trying to get your chin above or parallel to the bar. Some individuals like taking the pull as far as the chest. It is really not needed. A full range is when the chin clears the bar. As you pull yourself to the bar you should keep your head back and arch your spine. Your legs will be at about a 45-degree angle to the floor. At the top of the exercise, pause for a split second and then lower yourself back to the starting position under control. No fast, jerky movements. If you are not able to chin yourself then you can use a spotter or place your feet on a bench that is high enough that your feet are in place and you can chin up with your toes planted into the bench. This will be about 50% less of a pull but it’s better then nothing. If you need a spotter, then have them hold on to your feet behind you and guide you through the movement. Eventually you will graduate into using your own bodyweight & finally adding weight to your body.

Now move right into Wide Grip T Bar Rows. Go heavy on these, but not so heavy that you loose form. Proper technique comes first. T-bar rows are good for the upper back, upper traps, and rear delts. Slowly increase your weight each set. Do these for 4-6 sets of 6 repetitions. Single Arm D.B. Rows. These are my favorites. For this back exercise you need a heavy dumbbell. I’m sure you have some standing around in your gym. Ok, bad try at joke. But, seriously, if you are D.B. Rowing 100’s or heavier and you are lurching each rep like your trying to get that old lawn mower started then you have a weak back and doing them that way will not increase size or strength. Some advice, when you can D.B. Row those 60’s for 15 good tight reps, then move up into the next dumbbell. Lean forward so that your back is parallel with the floor resting one arm and a knee on a bench. Grasp the dumbbell with the other arm. Starting with your arm fully extended, raise the dumbbell right up to your side tensing the lats then return to the starting position. Do 6 to 8 reps for 6-8 sets with each arm. Next turn to 3 sets of dumbbell, straight bar or trap bar Shrugs with a full range of motion up and down. Shrug in a full range of motion, do not load the bar so much that you are moving a ¼ inch and think your bad ass. I see people shrug more then they can deadlift or squat. Stop with the ego’s gentlemen. Other then giving us a real good laugh in the gym, you do not impress anyone. Generally you can use lifting straps for most of these exercises. Lifting straps are invaluable for back exercises. Without straps, most lifters can't hold on to the weight for the whole set so start off using a moderate weight. When using straps you can 'feel' the movement working your target muscles. Straps will also permit better form, which is critical for best results. No excuses. No white flags. There is no surrender, no prisoners. No getting out of it. Nowhere to run. You have to train hard. Bust your ass training back. You got to train like you are attacking the enemy and to win you need to be aggressive, smart, and consistent. Believe it or not, your chest and almost all of the other major muscle groups will get stronger and bigger by training your back. It's great to have a big chest and big arms, but your back is the staple for almost every muscle group. For advanced lifters you can increase the load on the back by adding weight. I’ve always done my chin-ups with weight for the first three to four sets and then for a final set do a set without weight for as many reps as possible. Build a strong back and you will build a bigger and stronger body no matter what your goals. Can you handle a Back Busting?

needtogetaas
08-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice write up. Love to have you with me Anita .

SBT
08-04-2009, 08:50 PM
That was an EXCELLENT article!!

MetalMilitiaBabe
08-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks & I will be posting more articles for need2 so keep your eyes open...