PDA

View Full Version : keto recipes

tammyp
08-05-2009, 09:44 AM
i got these recipes from a new cookbook called EZ whey. its written by a figure competitor. i havent tried these, but they look really good.

ZERO CARB FLAX BREAD

2 cups flax seed
5 egg whites
2 whole eggs
5 tabelspoons flax oil, coconut oil, or olive oil
1 tabelspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3 packets stevia

mix all dry ingredients then add the wet. whisk together and bake at 350 for about 30 mins.
This is the Recipe Blogged about by Chris Shughart on Tnation.com

This recipe can also be made into muffins -- divide batter into muffin pans and bake for about 10-15 min

Since developing this recipe, have made many different flavor varieties. A sweet chocolate bread can be made by adding some Capella Flavor Drops.
Some other awesome additions are pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and protein powder flavor of choice. Awesome topped with almond or peanut butter

FUDGE!!!!!!

1 tabelspoon coconut oil
.25 tablespoon usweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
2 packets stevia
.25 tabelspoon almond butter
.25 tabelspoon ground flax seeds
I added cappella drops *optional
microwave coconut oil so it become liquid, about 20 seconds. stir in rest of ingredients and freeze. I put mine in a tiny round tupaware and it froze in ten mins.
E-MAZING!

Ice Cream
4 egg whites
1 scoop protein powder
dash of cream of tartar

Protein Flavor of Choice
Stevia
Flavor Drops
Peanut Butter

Beat Egg White and Cream of tartar into stiff peaks. Once stiff peaks are reached, fold in protein powder, stevia, and any flavor drops, nut butters, additonal ingredients you desire. Pour in a bowl or cup and freeze for an hour or so. Some of my favorites I have made are chocolate peanut butter, cookies and cream, vanilla butterscotch, and graham cracker pumpkin cheesecake.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
08-05-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm gonna have to try that fudge.

cobra
08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
i got these recipes from a new cookbook called EZ whey. its written by a figure competitor. i havent tried these, but they look really good.

ZERO CARB FLAX BREAD

2 cups flax seed
5 egg whites
2 whole eggs
5 tabelspoons flax oil, coconut oil, or olive oil
1 tabelspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3 packets stevia

mix all dry ingredients then add the wet. whisk together and bake at 350 for about 30 mins.
This is the Recipe Blogged about by Chris Shughart on Tnation.com

This recipe can also be made into muffins -- divide batter into muffin pans and bake for about 10-15 min

Since developing this recipe, have made many different flavor varieties. A sweet chocolate bread can be made by adding some Capella Flavor Drops.
Some other awesome additions are pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and protein powder flavor of choice. Awesome topped with almond or peanut butter

FUDGE!!!!!!

1 tabelspoon coconut oil
.25 tablespoon usweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
2 packets stevia
.25 tabelspoon almond butter
.25 tabelspoon ground flax seeds
I added cappella drops *optional
microwave coconut oil so it become liquid, about 20 seconds. stir in rest of ingredients and freeze. I put mine in a tiny round tupaware and it froze in ten mins.
E-MAZING!

Ice Cream
4 egg whites
1 scoop protein powder
dash of cream of tartar

Protein Flavor of Choice
Stevia
Flavor Drops
Peanut Butter

Beat Egg White and Cream of tartar into stiff peaks. Once stiff peaks are reached, fold in protein powder, stevia, and any flavor drops, nut butters, additonal ingredients you desire. Pour in a bowl or cup and freeze for an hour or so. Some of my favorites I have made are chocolate peanut butter, cookies and cream, vanilla butterscotch, and graham cracker pumpkin cheesecake.

Wow, thse are amazing! I will try to make some of these this weekend and letcha know how it goes, THANX!

ezaler
08-31-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi, these recipes are from my book, The EZ WHEY. im very glad you all like them, but would appreciate you guys not copyng and pasting my recipes all over the internet.

SallyAnne
08-31-2009, 10:11 AM
Well, the first recipe she posted is from an Atkins cookbook, as well. I have the cookbook in my kitchen.

However, I will do my best to make sure people here are not posting the recipes from your cookbook.

tight booty
09-01-2009, 06:38 AM
I loveeeee fudge! :drool:

anacoholic
05-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Oh my dayz! Great recipes, thanks tammyp

gottabecool
05-24-2010, 03:23 PM
I thought about making this same thread a week or two ago. LOL...great minds....

gottabecool
05-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Here's one I posted a few weeks ago:
The only way I enjoy salmon, in under 20 mintues
Lay a piece of foil on a cookie sheet and bend the edges up so the oil doesn't run off.
2- 4oz salmon steaks, drizzle some mac nut oil on/under them, sprinkle (I use a LOT) garlic salt, and Tony Chacherie's Cajun seasoning, weigh out shaved almonds to make up the difference in fat. Sprinkle some more garlic/cajun goodness on it, close the foil up and broil in the oven until cooked, I cook mine for 15-18 minutes.

You now have the only way I actually LIKE to eat salmon.

The macros for me end up being
~50g of protein
~18g of fat
~3g of net carbs

:drool:

I hope people keep adding to this...

amy13
05-26-2010, 03:54 PM
"potato salad"
here goes! Pretty easy - just don't overcook the cauliflower!

• 1 head cauliflower - cooked (NOT overcooked) & chilled
• 2 stalks, celery with leaves, chopped fine
• Relish: dill pickles chopped with steevia to taste like sweet relish
• Dressing: walden farms "mayo" mixed to taste with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and yellow mustard.
• sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasonings to taste

Directions: Cook whole cauliflower as desired until tender. I do it in the microwave with steamer bags. Put it in the fridge in the morning and make the salad at night after work. Anyhow, chill the cauliflower.
Break cauliflower into pieces; place in large bowl.
Add ingredients; mix well. Tweak it to taste. I ended up adding in some more lemon juice. Chill until serving time.

amy13
05-26-2010, 03:55 PM
"rice"
for the keto goer....
take 1 head cauliflower (or however much you want) and run it through your food processor - OR chop it up very fine. Add in seasonings of choice - I do dehydrated onion (gives a good texture), salt and garlic.
Then microwave it in a covered dish - do not add water!! I do mine about 3 minutes - just check on it... that's it - super simple - but put your protein on top and imagine rice - it tastes good

Carb Count: Each cup contains 5 grams of carbohydrate, about half of which is fiber, for a ECC of 2.5 grams.

amy13
05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
stuffed grilled chicken burgers

okay one more for a chicken meal...weigh chicken out to your requirements

make the ground chicken: (cheaper & you know it has been trimmed of all fat)
first get your trimmed chicken breast meat and place it in the food processor along with the seasonings of choice. We used some chives, garlic and onion powder.

Next step is to make 2-3 oz patties - as thin as possible. Lay them out on a platter and "fill" with the centers of choice.
The family used 1 slice of fat free cheddar, grilled onions, a drop of mustard and walden farms ketchup. The possibilities are endless though! Next time we are thinking to use sliced pickled jalepenos with fat free jack.

Next make the "lids" with the 2-3 oz chicken patty to match (will make a 4-6 oz burger) and squeeze the edges together to seal the toppings in. cook on the stove about 2/3 minutes each side. Wrap in a piece of lettuce

amy13
05-26-2010, 03:58 PM
carbless keto "fried chicken"

depending on how much chicken you are planning on cooking - make up the coating as follows:
1 part wheat bran
1 part oat fiber
1 part seasoning & dehydrated onion
mix and spread out on a plate

cut your chicken breasts pretty thin - into strips/nuggets
dip into a bowl of egg whites and roll in the "fiber batter"

brown on the stove and I like to then "toast" them in the oven for 10 minutes, but you could just cook them in the pan too. Walden farms bbq sauce for dipping and you just had some chicken nuggets - in fact my 6 year old told me they were better because she got to make them - kids love to make this kinda thing

amy13
05-26-2010, 04:00 PM
for your egg meal... especially if you need them "to go" or at work...

Get regular zip lock baggies and boil a big pot of water. Put in your eggs into the baggies and whatever seasonings you like - sea salt, etc. close the baggie and put it in the water - they will be done in about 20 minutes. pull them out and stick in the fridge or freeze them. The eggs come out great!
Also if you hate peeling hard boiled eggs you can cook them this way the yolk will stay intact if you don't stir it.

amy13
05-26-2010, 04:03 PM
"mashed potatoes"

steam up a cup of cauliflower (I use the microwave bags) then blend it with a little warm water, garlic and sea salt in the blender .... yummy!

(cauliflower: total carbs per 1 cup = 6 , 5 of those are fiber)

amy13
05-26-2010, 04:07 PM
"pancakes"

1 tbsp of psyllium husk powder
5 eggs, 4 egg whites
I add a tsp of baking powder - makes them rise a little bit...
I also add stevia to sweeten the batter

Now use a blender-its very important to get this batter-like consistency.
Let the mixture sit for awhile - 5 to 10 minutes and it will thicken up.

cook them just like regular pancakes.

Walden Farms chocolate or maple syrups really make this awesome!

anacoholic
06-09-2010, 07:31 AM
I love fitness-figure competitors! lol they know how to cook...thx for the recipes amy

JamalH
06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
So the recipes in the cookbook can be applied to Daves keto diets in regards to chicken etc? if so im gonna buy that book ASAP

Even the fudge ones etc that Tammy posted up?

JamalH
06-28-2010, 11:57 AM
The EZ Whey one that is

fitbody
06-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Curried Chicken

cooked chicken cut up into small pieces
i weigh and measure out chicken for each meal
put it into individual bowls

then sprinkle small amount of the following spices in each bowl
- curry powder
- tumeric
- garam marsala
- ground chilis
- crushed chilis

then add allowed amount of either Species Mac Nut Oil or Udo's Oil

mix & enjoy

if you allowed carbs you can mix in br rice or quinoa
but tastes fine without them if you are precontest and no carbs allowed

JamalH
06-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Fitbody im gonna try that tomorrow, sounds real nice!

fitbody
06-30-2010, 09:20 AM
my fav precontest meal is....

EGG WHITE PANCAKE

heat nonstick skillet with pam spray med heat

in blender
egg whites
lots cinnamon

blend then immediately add to heated skillet
when underside is browned (doesn't take long, don't try to flip early or you'll have scrambled eggs)
flip brown other side
then i cool on cooling rack (while i do my cardio)
then top with natural pb or nut butters
cut in half, then cut in quarter
enjoy
yummy
i cook 2 at a time
eat one in am and the other in afternoon

JamalH
06-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Pancakes, i love pancakes

Another one ill write down :)

fitbody
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Pancakes, i love pancakes

Another one ill write down :)

honey i got a bunch of recipes on my thread
most you will find starting at this link:
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=1173&page=11

you haveta weed thru my "Pt of the Days"
but they go on for a month or more
some friggin amazing recipes
alot of offseason
but some are in depending on if you get any carbs or not

JamalH
06-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Ill need some stuff thats Dave friendly, ill cheeck it out

Thanks alot!

scottmcd
06-30-2010, 09:20 PM
People should check out the website

www.yummly.com large recipe database that you can tailor towards your diet needs. Plug in something like "eggs" and set the carbs to sub 1 gram, your taste preference etc and there are a lot of interesting things that pop up. Certainly most aren't BBing focused but you can tweak things to your needs... just a way to get new ideas.