PDA

View Full Version : Supplements for Nattys

MusclesMarinara
08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
What do you guys take while trying to add size in the offseason, besides the general protein, creatine, bcaas. Im trying to pack on some muscle before i start cutting down and i was wondering if there was something to help me. thanks

will-work4andro
08-05-2009, 08:29 PM
honestly, i dont think there is really anything other than the ones you listed...you pretty much named the bread and butter with the BCAAs and Creatine Mono

MusclesMarinara
08-06-2009, 12:44 PM
would something like testagen be something that would come up on a test. I haven't competed yet I plan to do my first show towards the end of this year...

Kiyoshi Moody
08-06-2009, 12:45 PM
glutamine, waxy maize, casein protein and a good nitric oxide

MusclesMarinara
08-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Thank you sir, who better to get natty advice from!

AVBG
08-06-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't think that there are any new/different supps out there that could beat the basics - that work outside of which that Kiyoshi had mentioned. The nattys and assisted guys will use what works.

MusclesMarinara
08-06-2009, 05:43 PM
What would be considered one of the best NO supplements?

Team Franco
08-07-2009, 08:04 AM
I really like Scivation Vasocharge. Its straight and too the point without all the useless ingredients.

And I agree with everyone else. Offseason is key to eat more clean calories for gains.

ultimate
08-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Im guessing the "anabolic flavones" are another big bullshit gimmick?

they are in supplements like gaspari superpump250..

see here - http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/methoxy.html

at the moment i only have plain whey protein+dextrose post workout.

Shadow
08-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Whey protein, a multi, and an omega supp.

matt1005
08-09-2009, 10:17 PM
honestly, i dont think there is really anything other than the ones you listed...you pretty much named the bread and butter with the BCAAs and Creatine Mono
I agree with this. The only one I would add is beta alanine. I don't take any special products ever, but these are the ones that I like and actually feel do something.

HammerStrength12
08-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Food. A lot of it. Works better than supplements IMO. Granted I do take protein, creatine, zma, all that stuff, but I really think the best gains come from eating as much healthy stuff as possible.

dropshot001
08-11-2009, 01:42 PM
zma, protein, creatine, waxy, fish oils and even beta alanine

irishmuscle
08-11-2009, 02:19 PM
What would be considered one of the best NO supplements?
no xplode-no shotgun are the best ones ive had,ive tried a lot,if i had to have 1 it would be shotgun

MusclesMarinara
08-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all the help guys, especially Frosty who gave me a ton of advice. This is what i think im gonna go with...

TP Whey Protein Isolate
TP Dextrose
ProLab Creatine Monohydrate
TP BCAA Caps
TP L-Glutamine
TP Beta Alanine
TP ZMA
possibly ALRI WTF preworkout

MusclesMarinara
08-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Edit: tp leucine 4:1:1 ratio instead of bcaa powder

Joe_Clay
08-14-2009, 05:20 AM

anyone advise a good nitric oxide?

TigerUpperCut
08-14-2009, 05:29 PM
anyone advise a good nitric oxide?

waste of money, just drink coffee pre-workout

NATURAL-1987
08-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I think it is funny reading "Good NO2 Product".lol. I think some work better then others and some work better for some people but not for other people. Off-Season I basically rotate a new one every 8 weeks so pre-contest I know I am getting the most bang for my buck. Labrada Super Charge, NO Shotgun, and WTF have worked best for me. As for a tablet form, N'Gorge is my fav hands down and I will be using it for the last 8 weeks of my next prep.

DAVIDHARDY
08-20-2009, 02:06 PM
waste of money, just drink coffee pre-workout

Actually, caffeine REDUCES blood flow...

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/36164.php

Jaredmus
08-27-2009, 06:54 PM
has anyone ever used universal isostak, supposably the best natty supplement, just curious since universal makes some legit products

Mr. Dead
08-28-2009, 06:53 PM
has anyone ever used universal isostak, supposably the best natty supplement, just curious since universal makes some legit products
I've ran it before, but I was taking Animal Stak and Universal N1-T with it... It's a solid supp...

JohnnyMuscles
09-21-2009, 10:05 PM
What do you guys think of Leukic Hardcore is it worth taking?

AVBG
09-22-2009, 12:46 AM

Leucine in a BCAA mix yep - Leukic Hardcore not worth the $$

MusclesMarinara
09-23-2009, 02:23 AM
Leucine in a BCAA mix yep - Leukic Hardcore not worth the $$

Agreed, im currently taking a Leucine 4:1:1

tiramisu
09-23-2009, 02:35 AM
lots and lots and lots of food, eat like a freaking machine and then do cardio to fight the fat.

bodyhard
09-29-2009, 02:23 PM
I am a natty and to top if off I am an ecto. Gaining mass for me is very difficult, my natural body weight is 158lbs, but I manage to get to 193lbs with a 10% BF. I also reached 200lbs with a 12% bf.

What I find works well for me is MRP's between meals to up my calories and my meals per day. So 5 real meals and 3 MRP's in between.

Supps I am currently on:
Animal Pak
Animal FLEX
Animal OMEGA's
Creatine Mono (works well for me)
BCAA
Glutamine
Nlarge

But most importantly is my meals I never skip one.

Chi-town1984
10-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Food. A lot of it. Works better than supplements IMO. Granted I do take protein, creatine, zma, all that stuff, but I really think the best gains come from eating as much healthy stuff as possible. AGREED 100%. Thats why i believe that if your natural you should eat at least 4 meals a day before you train, the strength gains just from eating are amazing. Also creatine, nitric oxide, and i say throw in some weight gainer too. Maybe a Multi-V and aminos too.

nutratroy
10-14-2009, 10:34 PM
AGREED 100%. Thats why i believe that if your natural you should eat at least 4 meals a day before you train, the strength gains just from eating are amazing. Also creatine, nitric oxide, and i say throw in some weight gainer too. Maybe a Multi-V and aminos too.

Care to explain?...LOL

MusclesMarinara
10-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Care to explain?...LOL

x2.:confused:

bodyhard
10-15-2009, 04:04 PM
x2.:confused:

x3 :confused: :confused:

TheTransformator
10-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm in a mix because I'm doing this transformation...I use BCAA and just added L-glutamine...that is it...

G-Roy
11-17-2009, 11:18 PM
anyone try glycerol? I aksed in the supplement section but doesnt seem like anyone has used it.

NATURAL-1987
11-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Its in some products already. I believe NxLabs plasmavol has it in there as well as WTF by ALRI. Never heard of straight glycerol though.

hulkish808
11-18-2009, 01:26 AM
ALRI's WTF is fkn awesome!
Gaspari's NEW Sizeon is fkn Money, it's Money..what can I say?
Gaspari's Real Mass is Money x100!
ALRI's Primed Ultra is unbelievable
ALRI's Chain'd Out is top notch
ALRI's evo stack is OMG!!

other than those, whey isolate, fish oils, a good multi, a good digestive enzyme complex, garlic pills suits my needs. Oh and a joint complex...Sadly I ran out on fish oils, multi, digestive enzyme complex...being a student sucks lol..

Knuckles
11-21-2009, 08:18 PM
If you don't eat at least 12 meals before you do cardio for 3.25 hours your heart rate will slow to 17 bpm and you will die. Seriously though, you guys have named them all. Creatine, waxy maize, whey isolate, NO supp, omega supps, multi, bcaa's, and maybe a fat burner / sleep aid. And those 4 meals pre workout ; )

Knuckles
11-21-2009, 08:19 PM
BTW I liked nutrex's NiOX supplement. Great pump off of that.

Blakryno
11-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Who uses digestive enzymes? Can anyone recommend a good one before I start wasting $ experimenting. And when do you take 'em?

SC_Bbing
11-25-2009, 11:54 PM

waxy maize! greatest stuff, talk about a glycogen load for the muscles!

SC_Bbing
11-26-2009, 12:01 AM
no xplode-no shotgun are the best ones ive had,ive tried a lot,if i had to have 1 it would be shotgun

NO Shotgun is the best pre wo vs any other. its the only pre wo that has 20 grams of protein casein, isolate, hydrolyzed, also ester-BCAA, 5 forms of creatine, 4 forms of arginine, beta-alinine, + full serving of redline other than that one would need
wazymize, and glutamine

Justin-27
11-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Actually, caffeine REDUCES blood flow...

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/36164.php

If you believe that study, you'd also have to conclude that products like NO-Explode won't work either, as they have large amounts of caffeine in them.

I know I have MORE vascularity from drinking coffee...so *less* blood? I think not.

EDIT:
To answer the original question, I use a daily multi, creatine post workout on training days, tons of protein powder, and some fish oils and zinc. Oh yeah BCAA powder in post workout creatine drink. Tons of food trumps everything though.

RkyMtnHi
11-27-2009, 11:40 AM
NO Shotgun is the best pre wo vs any other. its the only pre wo that has 20 grams of protein casein, isolate, hydrolyzed, also ester-BCAA, 5 forms of creatine, 4 forms of arginine, beta-alinine, + full serving of redline other than that one would need
wazymize, and glutamine

Actually it's a common misconception that NO Shotgun and NO Synthesize contain 20g of protein - they don't and the label is misleading. VPX double counts both the protein and the included amino acids in the protein on their supplement label.

Shotgun is a 23g serving with a host of other ingredients including creatines, beta alanine, etc. etc. It's physically impossible to have 20g of protein in the blend as there would be no room left over for the other ingredients.

If you take a look at the label, it's only ~9.6g of protein and then they list all the aminos/BCAA that the protein is made of to make you think there is additional added into the formula. Then they double count the protein and the aminos to arrive at the 20g of protein listed on the label.

Not saying it's not a good product, just saying the supplement facts label is extremely misleading.

Who uses digestive enzymes? Can anyone recommend a good one before I start wasting $ experimenting. And when do you take 'em?

Try NOW Foods Digest Platinum. It's brand new, affordable, and amazingly complete.

http://www.nowfoods.com/Products/077805.htm

TigerUpperCut
11-28-2009, 01:52 AM
all i use is my multivatmin from sams club

Jude2
11-28-2009, 06:21 PM
I like Mega-Zyme. Pre workout I go with LG Sciences Anadraulic State, at the end of my workout I use their Postal, then 20min later my post workout shake with Lipotropic protein and Perfect Carb. Other supps is multi vitamin, fish oil, baby aspirin and joint complex.

tark17
02-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Is the EVO stack natural??? I was under the impression it was a prohormone?? Would be interested to try it if it is natural! Heard great things about it.

BCAA's extend by scivation between meals and preworkout No jacked by USP and Powerfull by USP. During workout has been vasocharge and extend by scivation and 40g waxy. These combos have yielded best results for me.

Costco77
02-04-2010, 12:44 AM
I have herd that Glutamine is not fully absorbed when taken in oral form, I think Paulmbo said this, not positive don't quote me. Which is why i'm a bit more curious about Glutamine Peptides, supposidly the peptides makes it more stable and better assimilated by the body. I know this is a product that GAT sells. Looks like a great idea when dieting to prevent going catabolic.

Costco77
02-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Peptides are not "free forming" which means that they are not bonded to other amino acids they are bonded to other peptide bonds which makes it more stable and better assimilated by the body. Never tried it but I'm curious to hear if anybody has had experinece with the L-Glutaime peptides.

JRob
02-04-2010, 01:50 AM
anyone try glycerol? I aksed in the supplement section but doesnt seem like anyone has used it.

Its in some products already. I believe NxLabs plasmavol has it in there as well as WTF by ALRI. Never heard of straight glycerol though.

NOW Vegetable Glycerin. Google it and you'll find where to buy it from.

Used it before going on stage. Although it can be used for other things, this is where I found use of it.

JRob
02-04-2010, 01:52 AM

NOW Super Enzymes. I take them anytime my stomach is acting up, but mostly everytime I have a beef meal.

tribal
02-19-2010, 03:25 AM
lol

EarlGreyuk
03-13-2010, 03:35 PM
NOW Super Enzymes. I take them anytime my stomach is acting up, but mostly everytime I have a beef meal.

There is a lot of evidence that enzymes are BS. If it works for you then I guess thats ok though. Maybe it has a placebo effect, but almost all enzymes whether in whatever form when they hit the stomach become digested and useless.

As for supplements:
Glutamine is in general contained in protein supplements in sufficient amounts, so any addition of extra tends to have no effect on muscular protein balance. In a recent study, protein intake of 20g was optimal for protein synthesis, and doses over this had no effect.
Just a little piece of info.

Simple carbohydrates, protein and creatine are the recommended nutrients for post workout recovery to maximise protein synthesis.

EarlGreyuk
03-13-2010, 03:47 PM
I have herd that Glutamine is not fully absorbed when taken in oral form, I think Paulmbo said this, not positive don't quote me. Which is why i'm a bit more curious about Glutamine Peptides, supposidly the peptides makes it more stable and better assimilated by the body. I know this is a product that GAT sells. Looks like a great idea when dieting to prevent going catabolic.

Yeah you are right about this. The main reason it isn't included in drinks/fluids, is because its unstable in solution.

EarlGreyuk
03-13-2010, 03:53 PM
NOW Vegetable Glycerin. Google it and you'll find where to buy it from.

Used it before going on stage. Although it can be used for other things, this is where I found use of it.

How did it work for you, and were you taking this as part of a ketogenic diet?
Just interested in how you were administering it.

mareck
03-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Kre Alkalyn Creatine

GENESIS
03-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Betatine Hcl. your stomach will thank me...

Fragger2323
03-16-2010, 09:57 PM
You guys are gonna think I am nuts for this, but the best supplement outside of the stuff listed here is Prime from USPlabs. I actually debated whether or not I would reply about it, but it was incredible when I took it. Of course, I ran 9 pills a day, and they were the new 800mg dosage pills, but man, it was something else.

Everything across the board increased in either weight or reps every workout for 5 weeks straight. I have never had that happen before. My appetite was insane as well. I mean, it noticeably picked up a lot from where it was, and I wanted to eat all freaking day. I was baffled by what it seemed to be doing.

I have read around, and some guys get nothing off of it. Believe it or not, I personally get nothing off of every creatine product I have ever tried, so I figured I was a non-responder to it. So, there probably are people that won't respond to this either.

Hell, I did not even see ads, read write ups, or do any research. I wondered into GNC and just bought it basically because I had never tried it's ingredients before. Anyway, it was insane, unlike anything I had ever experienced from a food supplement.

It is probably all placebo, but I really believe in it.:dunno:

THEVMAN
07-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Depending on your Body Fat %, you may want to consider Yohumbie HCL and 7-keto, CLA, Lean Out from Beverly International. Of course, this opens the unanswerable question - how FAT can I get to Optimize Muscle Growth off season. 11% is too high for me. So I am trying this year to stay in the 7% range so I will see if disciplined off season eating and kicking ass in the gym will allow this to work better. I know successful natural light weights that compete at 165lbs and are 190 lbs off season - others say to stay in the 10-15 lbs over contest range. For me, I want to be at 4% flat at 175 to compete, so 190 would be a max and places me in the low 7% range.

THEVMAN
07-29-2010, 11:51 AM
There is no right answer here - the unanswerable question - how FAT can I get to Optimize Muscle Growth off season. 11% is too high for me. So I am trying this year to stay in the 7% range so I will see if disciplined off season eating and kicking ass in the gym will allow this to work better. I know successful natural light weights that compete at 165lbs and are 190 lbs off season - others say to stay in the 10-15 lbs over contest range. For me, I want to be at 4% flat at 175 to compete, so 190 would be a max and places me in the low 7% range.

I am a hard gainer so maybe the answer does hinge on body type? What do you recommend based on your experience and why?

miamibodybuilder
02-15-2011, 03:01 PM
man to be honest, those are pretty basic when it comes to my off-season supplement routine. protein, creatine, glutamine, bcaa's are the staple i think to any natural bodybuilder. as for me i'm 32, so i also take a test booster right now that i love. i'm currently using almost the entire line of AAEFX and their products are second to none in my opinion man. the quality and science that goes into each and every product is backed by extensive research and positive data. have you heard of their pre-workout KOTIC? well if you havent, get out there and get it man. i brought it to my job, i work at a gym at night and everyone who tried it has gone out and bought it and replaced their previous pre-workout supplement. check it out man and keep us posted on your off-season progress.

suman12
02-25-2011, 05:21 AM
There are many supplements for muscle growth (http://best-supplements-for-bodybuilding.yourhealthorbit.com/) and bodybuilding like whey protein and protein powder. This is very useful for gain muscle (http://how-to-gain-muscle-fast.yourhealthorbit.com/).