PDA

View Full Version : Diet

GameofInches
02-20-2009, 07:00 PM
I thought I would start a thread dedicated to our diets (the Strongman and Powerlifter's diets). You can post your own diet, your diet beliefs, etc.

My current diet is 6 meals:

Meal 1:
3 whole eggs
2 egg whites
1 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
2 scoops whey
peanut butter

Meal 3:
Chicken breast
vegetables
2 slices bread
mixed nuts

Meal 4:
2 scoops whey
mixed nuts

Meal 5:
1 chicken breast
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Vegetables

Meal 6:
3 eggs
2 egg whites
vegetables

My training day diet is similar except I have about 40grams of carbs pre workout (sweet potato, or whatever) and 60 grams of carbs (oatmeal) PWO.

However, I am making some changes to my diet. I noticed my best gains came when I ate more oatmeal. Oatmeal seems to be an anabolic food for me, so I will be increasing that drastically. I am also adding in at least 2 beef meals to my diet. Beef is extremely anabolic and I have been stupid and have not been eating enough of it. I will start including that starting tomorrow.

greuceanu
02-20-2009, 07:17 PM
4-5 meals a day.Sometimes 4 meals and a consistent snack.

Beef, chicken, sushi, eggs, dairy, rice, potatoes, bananas and other fruits. Sometimes pizza or other junk.

About 30/50/20 protein/carbs/fats.

Only supplement protein shake 2-3 times a week, after workout. Sometimes i use balance bars to replace a meal.

Bigbull1
02-21-2009, 04:52 AM
my diet isn't too much different. I eat alot of tuna over here because it's easy to get my hands on. For shakes I use truemass w/water. Does good for me. This deployment is tough on the diet and schedule. All is good though.

GameofInches
02-21-2009, 09:20 AM
my diet isn't too much different. I eat alot of tuna over here because it's easy to get my hands on. For shakes I use truemass w/water. Does good for me. This deployment is tough on the diet and schedule. All is good though.

Tuna is great, I use to eat a lot of it. And thank you for your service to our country! It takes a special person to be able to do that, and it truely is appreciated!