PDA

View Full Version : posings hams

tammyp
08-06-2009, 08:19 AM
am i the only one that has a hard time posing hamstrings? i dont have great mirrors, so its hard for me..any tips?

STACEYK
08-06-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm with ya on that one. G showed me in NY so I've been practicing.

Scoobysnacks
08-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Do you mean in the side chest or in rear shots?

For side chest, I have found if you put your weight on the last three toes then push down (as opposed to justs the ball) that this allows me to then tilt sit into a bit better and they hang better. Perhaps its my own biomechanics, but Ive showed others who seem to like this, then of course you need to make sure the knee on the spike leg is almost pointing back towards the backstage curtain so you can show more leg, its like being wrapped up like a pretzel.

For rear relaxed, Ive found that I put my feet like a "V" and then actually pull inward. This pops everything on me and others Ive shared this with. Then you can uptilt the pelvis to clench down some more and pop the glute ham tie ins.

Sledge
08-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I've recently been introduced to the moon pose. It sure did show off the hams to great effect :)

GirlyMuscle
08-06-2009, 11:25 AM
I've recently been introduced to the moon pose. It sure did show off the hams to great effect :)But I told you...it's illegal in competition.

tammyp
08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
for rear double bi and lat spread.

SallyAnne
08-06-2009, 05:26 PM
for rear double bi and lat spread.

Angie Savalgno did a fantastic job of displaying her hammies at the USA's. I'll see if I can dig up a picture somewhere...

Quadsweep
08-16-2009, 09:02 AM
for rear double bi and lat spread. So you mean to say you have a hard time getting the ham on the leg you have calf spiked and to the rear? I find squating a tiny little bit, turning my front foot out and its supporting my weight too. I put my other leg maybe 12 inches back, spike my calf and kinda semi try to slide my foot backward with force on my big toe. This will rotate your leg out so you can also see your quad sweep. Its hard to explain that in words without being able to show you.....Rita has issues here as well.

Quad