PDA

View Full Version : Aussies-Whos Competing 2009

Sledge
02-20-2009, 07:36 PM
So who's going to put on the trunks shave down and oil up in 2009.
Let us know your proposed comp, division, date and federation.

AVBG
02-20-2009, 07:43 PM
I will be competing in the open division- INBA NSW 27 September then if qualified (top 3) onwards to the INBA Mr Aust on 3 October.

zander
02-20-2009, 07:52 PM
nah ... too fat & lazy :P

tight booty
02-20-2009, 07:55 PM
You better not be a fat cat zander....HA :p
How many weeks now?

ving
02-20-2009, 08:41 PM
I will be competing in the open division- INBA NSW 27 September then if qualified (top 3) onwards to the INBA Mr Aust on 3 October.

Look absolutely ripped in your avatar AVBG! I'm hoping to compete in the next year or so, but how do you know when you are ready? At the moment even some of the ANB under 70kg competitor on YouTube look absolutely huge!

Leigh Carmichael
02-20-2009, 10:03 PM

...then on to the Natural Olympia right???

You know the thing about placing top 3 in the NSW doesn't really make sense to me. Because no doubt it will be a mixed class with all the different heights. Then at Nationals you will be split up. Say you get beat by 3 Tall guys, then what, you can't go?

Leigh Carmichael
02-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh I will be onstage... not telling where and when though :D

AVBG
02-20-2009, 10:42 PM
...then on to the Natural Olympia right???

You know the thing about placing top 3 in the NSW doesn't really make sense to me. Because no doubt it will be a mixed class with all the different heights. Then at Nationals you will be split up. Say you get beat by 3 Tall guys, then what, you can't go?

That's funny Leigh..

The INBA in Aus needs to get consistent with their classes. Having Novice, intermediate and open classes in the state shows does really bugger all to prepare you for the INBA nationals.

LOL, I am still laughing about the Natural O comment...:D

AVBG
02-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Look absolutely ripped in your avatar AVBG! I'm hoping to compete in the next year or so, but how do you know when you are ready? At the moment even some of the ANB under 70kg competitor on YouTube look absolutely huge!

It's pretty good getting on stage, if your in condition.. Get yourself ready and find out if your ready! Don't worry about what anyone else will bring, just be the best ving you can be and let the cards fall where they land.

If you want help getting ready, let me know?

AVBG
02-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Oh I will be onstage... not telling where and when though :D

BTW mate, you're too bloody modest.

IF I TOOK ROIDS I'D BE MR OLYMPIA
02-20-2009, 11:31 PM
if i ever get/use roids i will = instant IFBB pro :P

MRT
02-21-2009, 12:12 AM

Good luck man.

Leigh Carmichael
02-21-2009, 01:24 AM
BTW mate, you're too bloody modest.

Not too sure what you mean?

AVBG
02-21-2009, 01:30 AM
Not too sure what you mean?

What I mean is that (generally speaking) you don't give yourself enough credit. Quality physique -let us know when your competing? I reckon it would be cool to compete on the same stage as you.

Neo_flux
02-21-2009, 01:58 AM
how many comps are there around aus and what are the most popular

zander
02-21-2009, 02:23 AM
http://www.australia-bodybuilding.com/

or

buy a copy of Hardcore Aussie Muscle http://www.hardcoreaussiemuscle.com.au/

for all the up to date information on the bodybuilding scene in Oz ...

zander
02-21-2009, 02:24 AM
You better not be a fat cat zander....HA :p
How many weeks now?

4 ... will be good for Asians .... and better for southerns , I hope :P

tight booty
02-21-2009, 02:35 AM
4 ... will be good for Asians .... and better for southerns , I hope :P
Sounds good zander! :)

Leigh Carmichael
02-21-2009, 03:02 AM
What I mean is that (generally speaking) you don't give yourself enough credit. Quality physique -let us know when your competing? I reckon it would be cool to compete on the same stage as you.

Thanks heaps for that mate. Put a smile on my face.

Well as you may know I was living in the US and Canada. I'm back in Australia now and will be moving to the UK in April. I intend to be doing a fair bit of travel which doesn't put me in the most ideal situation for bodybuilding. I love competing and wanted to get a show in this year.

So since I have been home, I've been dieting hard and you will see me on stage in the Classic Division at the IFBB All States and the Australasia. I won't be the biggest guy, but if all goes to plan I'll be one of the best conditioned.

So there you have it. I wasn't going to tell anyone. But your kind words brought it out of me.

I had planned on getting back into the INBA shows, but the timing wasn't right for me. So our pose down will have to wait :D

FLEXR6
02-21-2009, 05:16 AM
April 4 - INBA Melbourne 40-49
April 18 - INBA Dubbo International 40-49
May 3 - INBA Sydney 40 - 49
May 17 - ANB South Coast 40 - 49 & U80kg
Sept 20 - INBA ACT 40 - 49
Sept 27 - INBA NSW 40 - 49
October 3 - INBA Australian Titles - Melbourne (pending qualification)
October 11 - ANB Central Coast 40 - 49 & U80kg
October 24/25 - ANB Nationals - Sydney.

..........and maybe (pending qualification) INBA Olympia on the Gold Coast Oct 17 (just for the experience).

Yes....I am crazy !!

MRT
02-21-2009, 05:42 AM

..........and maybe (pending qualification) INBA Olympia on the Gold Coast Oct 17 (just for the experience).

Yes....I am crazy !!

awesome!!!!!!good luck

FLEXR6
02-21-2009, 05:54 AM
awesome!!!!!!good luck

Thanks MRT - will be a long year of being shredded and brown, haha.

Leigh Carmichael
02-21-2009, 02:54 PM

Yes....I am crazy !!

Holy crap, that is a lot of shows. I thought I was bad. All the best with them all.

AVBG
02-21-2009, 03:04 PM
huge schedule flexr6.. do you generally stay lean in the offseason?

FLEXR6
02-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Holy crap, that is a lot of shows. I thought I was bad. All the best with them all.
Thanks Leigh.
I reckon I have the bug :D

ving
02-21-2009, 05:26 PM
It's pretty good getting on stage, if your in condition.. Get yourself ready and find out if your ready! Don't worry about what anyone else will bring, just be the best ving you can be and let the cards fall where they land.

If you want help getting ready, let me know?

Thanks AVBG, I will be definitely take you up on that offer.
The main thing is to just keep working at it.

FLEXR6
02-21-2009, 05:33 PM
huge schedule flexr6.. do you generally stay lean in the offseason?
Yep. I was probably 10 - 11% over Christmas and I'm back to 9% now.
Last 2008 comp on stage I was probably about as ripped as you are now in your avatar photo - so I have a lot to learn about dieting, but I'm slowly getting there.
I dropped my carbs too low prior to the Sept/Oct shows last year and did too much cardio - this cost me a lot of muscle strength and size - esp. in the legs. So I've stayed leaner this off season which means I'm only going to do light walking for cardio leading up to these shows, I have also dropped my protein from approx 330gms per day to approx 260gms per day and upped my carbs to about 125gms per day. I'm aiming to increase my strength (albeit slightly) until about 2 weeks out from my first show, I'm hoping this will equate to muscle mass retention. If this doesn't work I'll try something new next offseason.
My main aim is to look better than I did at my last show.

Sledge
02-21-2009, 06:10 PM

Yes....I am crazy !!

Getthfukoutahere

That's a heavy workload right there mate. Looking forward to following your progress. Do you have a log posted here or anywhere.

FLEXR6
02-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Getthfukoutahere

That's a heavy workload right there mate. Looking forward to following your progress. Do you have a log posted here or anywhere.
Guess I could start one here, point me in the right direction and I will kick it off.

Sharp Curves
02-21-2009, 08:24 PM
nah ... too fat & lazy :P

You fucking better not be boi, else I'll get the fat off you by making you walk from Coonamble to the Gold Coast.

Sledge
02-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Guess I could start one here, point me in the right direction and I will kick it off.

Her's the link to the mens training log section.
http://forums.rxmuscle.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Or if you want to keep it in the Australian section just start a new thread here and it'll bump every time you add to it. Whatever you feel like doing is good.

zander
02-22-2009, 12:13 AM
You fucking better not be boi, else I'll get the fat off you by making you walk from Coonamble to the Gold Coast.

best have a BIG fuckin jar of nutella waiting when I come off stage :D

Honour
03-02-2009, 01:22 AM

Yes....I am crazy !!

Darn thats a lot of shows, a couple of girls I know are doing their first shows this year so I will keep an eye out for you, goodluck mate:).

Me personaly wellllllll I'd like to compete one day but tbh I just surf too much and sitting out on my board for like 4 hours at a time (for real time flys sometimes) is just not good for building mass;). I'll see how I go over winter and may give it a shake down the track. What can I say, I just like to look good down the beach lol:D.

Goodluck to AVBG and everyone else competing this year:)!!!

FLEXR6
03-03-2009, 04:48 AM
Darn thats a lot of shows, a couple of girls I know are doing their first shows this year so I will keep an eye out for you, goodluck mate:).

Me personaly wellllllll I'd like to compete one day but tbh I just surf too much and sitting out on my board for like 4 hours at a time (for real time flys sometimes) is just not good for building mass;). I'll see how I go over winter and may give it a shake down the track. What can I say, I just like to look good down the beach lol:D.

Goodluck to AVBG and everyone else competing this year:)!!!
Hey, thanks Honour. Come up and say hi. What shows will your friends be at???

Honour
03-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey, thanks Honour. Come up and say hi. What shows will your friends be at???

Hey mate, 2 are doing an ANB and another is doing a INBA but I think they are both in about 4 or 5 months. Will let you know closer to time mate and will come say hi for sure:).

FLEXR6
03-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Hey mate, 2 are doing an ANB and another is doing a INBA but I think they are both in about 4 or 5 months. Will let you know closer to time mate and will come say hi for sure:).
Sounds good. See you then

firefightermac
03-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Will probably do the NABBA qld's and aussies. Maybe the CCI. I'll decide on that one in 5 weeks..

mdvsony
03-16-2009, 07:00 PM
May 24th ANB Sydney...

It's a sham, I can only do 1 comp a year....tanning pays a heavy toll on my skin...

Leigh Carmichael
03-17-2009, 01:08 AM
May 24th ANB Sydney...

It's a sham, I can only do 1 comp a year....tanning pays a heavy toll on my skin...

What tan are you using?

Is it an actual medical problem?

mdvsony
03-17-2009, 05:22 PM
What tan are you using?

Is it an actual medical problem?

I used contest colour (acetone free) with dream tan, it was my first comp so i had never used the stuff before....

i have eczema, and have highs and lows when it comes to my skin condition..atm im doing everything to try and keep itnice and smooth....

i'm speaking to phil kabakoff atm to hep me out with proper tanning stuff and I think I may have found the right one for me.

Sledge
03-17-2009, 07:21 PM
i'm speaking to phil kabakoff atm to hep me out with proper tanning stuff and I think I may have found the right one for me.

Cool thats exactly what I was going to suggest. He's a hell of a nice bloke.

mdvsony
03-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Cool thats exactly what I was going to suggest. He's a hell of a nice bloke.

yeah, what i found last year was that i was so focused on my traiing etc..that tanning kinda became a after thought, and only focused on it a few days out....

Sledge
03-17-2009, 08:40 PM
I've read that a few of the pros are changing over to his products from the US based ones

thepump
03-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks AVBG, I will be definitely take you up on that offer.
The main thing is to just keep working at it.

the working at never ends but the results are ever great

Sharp Curves
03-23-2009, 12:35 AM
I used contest colour (acetone free) with dream tan, it was my first comp so i had never used the stuff before....

i have eczema, and have highs and lows when it comes to my skin condition..atm im doing everything to try and keep itnice and smooth....

When you're speaking to Phil about products, stick with the acetone free contest colour and try his Shimmer as finishing coat. Dream Tan is petrolium based and probably reacts very nastily with your skin. Phil's Shimmer is lanolin based, it's natural and a lot kinder to the skin. It sticks better too so less applications.

mdvsony
03-25-2009, 05:29 PM
When you're speaking to Phil about products, stick with the acetone free contest colour and try his Shimmer as finishing coat. Dream Tan is petrolium based and probably reacts very nastily with your skin. Phil's Shimmer is lanolin based, it's natural and a lot kinder to the skin. It sticks better too so less applications.

yeah phil has sorted me out :)

im going to use a prodcut called equinox, which is like a moisturiser base coat.

i used the acetone free one and still no luck unfortunately...but phil has helped me.

highly recommended.. :)

Leigh Carmichael
03-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Great news. Phil is the man. Love him like a father :D