PDA

View Full Version : NA Principles open Discussion

Sistersteel
02-20-2009, 09:21 PM
These are Principles incorporated within the steps. We will have a lengthy discussion on the 12 steps in the "RxMuscle Reaches Out", online meeting.

1* Admitting there is a problem! Admit defeat!
2* Seeking help! We are here for you now.
3* Engaging in a thorough self-examination! Soul searching!
4* Confidential self-disclosure! keep it real!
5* Making amends for harm done; and
helping other drug addicts who want to recover. Reachin out!

Let us start with 1*
Admitting there is a problem.
It took years before most of us who hit rock bottom admitted defeat. Constantly excusing our actions by allowing our intoxicated minds to rationalize why we do what we do. We refused help and pushed loved ones away. We drowned ourselves in the misery of abuse refusing to reach out
and do something about it.

Why is that?

Because we were not done with it yet. Because we thought we had control over it, when in reality, we were slaves of our DOC, and it had taken over long before we ever realized that something went wrong.

Isolated
Withdrawn
Broke
Miserable
Suicidal
Malnourished
*ALONE*

Despite the obvious many of us would not admit defeat. And so weeks turned into years and you look back at your life and you realize that all it would have taken was *THE DESIRE* to quit.

DESIRE is a big word in NA. We will talk about DESIRE in depth soon.

I would like to hear of YOUR unwillingness to admit defeat.

Brothers and sisters, Respect for what you've been through, pride for what you've become. You are a product of that pain. Pain is not just weakness leaving the body, pain is food for the soul.

Thank you for letting me share.

Floor is open for discussion.

SS

bndniron4evrgal
02-22-2009, 12:08 PM
i 'm willing to admit defeat.......
i'm a product of NA......
my life is what it is today because of of NA.
i have a purpose & i have the steps...........
i'm worthy today.
NEXT.....................

Sistersteel
02-22-2009, 03:11 PM
i 'm willing to admit defeat.......
i'm a product of NA......
my life is what it is today because of of NA.
i have a purpose & i have the steps...........
i'm worthy today.
NEXT.....................

You are certainly worth today!
Thank you for sharing sister. Nice to see a lady in here with me. Its not an easy thing to admit to and I commend you for posting. Keep coming back!

R.I.P.
08-03-2009, 11:54 PM
i love the saying.. "surrender to win". that to me sums up the first step.but there are other principles in the first step as well.