PDA

View Full Version : Daily Meditations...Language of Letting Go

Sistersteel
02-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Meditation for Today:

"When you learn your lessons, the pain goes away"
by Elisabeth Kubler Ross, The Wheel Of Life"

Sometimes , we wait and wait for a painful situtaion to end. "When will he stop drinking? "When will she call?"When will this financial stuff get better?" When will I know what to do next?"
Life has its own timeline. As soon as we get the lesson, pain neutralizes, then disappears,
And the lesson is always ours,
Examine your life. Are you waiting for someone or something outside of you to happen to make you feel better? Are you waiting for someone to learn his or her lesson for your pain to stop? If you are, try turning inward, See what the lesson really is.

Look to your Higher Power for guidance. Peace be with you.

corrie79
02-26-2009, 07:19 AM
I had no idea you were moderating this forum SS. I think it's awesome you're being so open with stuff I had no idea about re: you. Now I know why you've been such a staunch supporter of me in my darkest hours and how you don't want me to mess my shit up again. I knew you'd been to some dark places, like me, but didn't realize it had been this bad for you. Thank you sooo much for caring and moderating a forum like this where people can open up about substance abuse and be led into the right direction.

Sistersteel
03-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I had no idea you were moderating this forum SS. I think it's awesome you're being so open with stuff I had no idea about re: you. Now I know why you've been such a staunch supporter of me in my darkest hours and how you don't want me to mess my shit up again. I knew you'd been to some dark places, like me, but didn't realize it had been this bad for you. Thank you sooo much for caring and moderating a forum like this where people can open up about substance abuse and be led into the right direction.

Hey sweetie! Glad to have you here. Would love for you to drop by often and share when you can :)

maxititer
03-05-2009, 03:45 AM
Partisans in Nicaragua use to say: - most important skill in a war, skill of waiting

Sistersteel
03-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Watch Your Nevers

Be careful what you say you'll never do again. You might be building a wall between you and the good in your life.
"He hurt me , so I'm never going to speak to him again . She hurt me, so I'm never going to get involved with women again".

Sometimes , our hurt feelings can be accurate and reliable warnings that we need to back off and stay away . But usually when we say never, its because we don't want to be vulnerable and feel the hurt that came our way.

Saying never may be an indication that we've closed our hearts.
Have you built a wall with your "never's"? Look. Peek underneath. Is there a feeling of hurt you need to feel, instead?
You got burned when you touched the hot stove, so you're never going to go near a stove again? You'll miss out on some tasty meals.

God, help me be vulnerable enough to feel my pain and learn my lesson, instead of saying never and building a big wall.

maxititer
03-15-2009, 02:40 AM
I learned that it is very important to be ready to engage and interact or just pay attention to people in positive way. I have been in Delhi recently and there is one good underground market, where you can buy some nice cloth or electronics from China on very good rate. Problem is that this place are tightly packed with very aggressive push sallers. No way to go, no way to concentrate and talk about price etc. That is situation with a lot of irritation and very negative experience may come to you, unless if you are not prepared to deal with it in positive way.

Those guys well prepared on any kind of behavior from your side, they prepared that you will be irritated, try to be withdrawn, try to ignore them, that things did not works, they will keep attacking you on every step, - replica watches Sir, belts Sir, pen drive Sir.

It take me a while, till I understand how to buy things out there.

Simple phrase, like - Sorry Sir, I do not need belts, work magic.

Be respective and gentle to others, are very practical and useful thing.
Some one said, - it is easy to be gentle with king, but not so easy to be gentle with beggar.

After all what is matter is who you are and whom you want to be in this life.

Sistersteel
03-15-2009, 03:21 AM
I learned that it is very important to be ready to engage and interact or just pay attention to people in positive way. I have been in Delhi recently and there is one good underground market, where you can buy some nice cloth or electronics from China on very good rate. Problem is that this place are tightly packed with very aggressive push sallers. No way to go, no way to concentrate and talk about price etc. That is situation with a lot of irritation and very negative experience may come to you, unless if you are not prepared to deal with it in positive way.

Those guys well prepared on any kind of behavior from your side, they prepared that you will be irritated, try to be withdrawn, try to ignore them, that things did not works, they will keep attacking you on every step, - replica watches Sir, belts Sir, pen drive Sir.

It take me a while, till I understand how to buy things out there.

Simple phrase, like - Sorry Sir, I do not need belts, work magic.

Be respective and gentle to others, are very practical and useful thing.
Some one said, - it is easy to be gentle with king, but not so easy to be gentle with beggar.

After all what is matter is who you are and whom you want to be in this life.

That was very profound and thought provoking, maxi. Thank you for sharing that my friend.

SS

Tatyana
03-15-2009, 03:47 AM
Meditation for Today:

"When you learn your lessons, the pain goes away"
by Elisabeth Kubler Ross, The Wheel Of Life"

Sometimes , we wait and wait for a painful situtaion to end. "When will he stop drinking? "When will she call?"When will this financial stuff get better?" When will I know what to do next?"
Life has its own timeline. As soon as we get the lesson, pain neutralizes, then disappears,
And the lesson is always ours,
Examine your life. Are you waiting for someone or something outside of you to happen to make you feel better? Are you waiting for someone to learn his or her lesson for your pain to stop? If you are, try turning inward, See what the lesson really is.

Look to your Higher Power for guidance. Peace be with you.

Reminds me of this fab philosophy/ontological instructor I had.

He said "The healing happens as fast as you can't stand the pain"

:)

Sistersteel
03-15-2009, 04:03 AM
Reminds me of this fab philosophy/ontological instructor I had.

He said "The healing happens as fast as you can't stand the pain"

:)

I love that Tat!
I need to stick this one on my fridge.

Sistersteel
03-18-2009, 05:50 PM
More on: Watch your Nerves

Frank was a happily married man, or so he thought. Then one day , his wife of ten years came home and told him that she didn't feel like being married anymore. "I Love you. I'm just not in love with you" she said, walking out the door.

Frank was devastated. He got mad at his wife, and he stayed that way. He fumed and he generalized. He decided that all women must be this way and sooner or later anyone who got too close would hurt him.

Many of us experience hurt in life. It comes with the game.

Its okay to hurt, to be angry, even to be bitter for awhile.
But no one is interested in hearing our lost love story ten years after it happened.

We even get sick of hearing it ourselves. Sometimes it's time to nurture our pain. Sometimes it's time to get over it and get back in the game. We all fall. Most people change their minds, We all make mistakes.
We don't have to let a bad experience in life prevent us from having positive experiences in the future. Walls are indiscriminate. While they may protect us from being hurt again , they also prevent us from experiencing joy.

God, help me let go of self-sabotaging attitudes formed in a moment of hurt. Open me to the beauty that awaits when I approach life with a open heart.