PDA

View Full Version : ? by PM/facial hair

tammyp
08-08-2009, 11:47 AM
this message was sent to me to be asked privately.

I made some dumb mistakes with AS use in the past. I'm older and wiser now, but am left with having to shave my face almost everyday. This is most embarassing, so I am afraid to ask my Dr or anyone else for that matter what, if anything can be done about it? or am I stuck with this?

GirlyMuscle
08-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I'd suggest getting laser done.

NubianBeauty
08-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I'd suggest getting laser done.Ditto! May need more than one round as well. You're gonna have to be less aggressive with future use or you'll end up with the same problem again.

STACEYK
08-08-2009, 12:03 PM

x2 as long as she's not going to go back on because then laser won't do squat.

Sistersteel
08-08-2009, 12:05 PM
x2 as long as she's not going to go back on because then laser won't do squat.

Very True.

GirlyMuscle
08-08-2009, 12:12 PM
No kidding? I thought laser was more permanent. huh

Sistersteel
08-08-2009, 12:57 PM
No kidding? I thought laser was more permanent. huh

Thousands of dollars later you realize that it really is not. But that is considering one continues to use. You have to eliminate the source of the problem for treatment to be effective.

If you are lucky and have good insurance, you could get your dermatologist to prescribe Vaniqa. Its a cream that slows down the growth of hair rather than removes it. So with continued treatment you would have to shave less and less often. However, it is only effective as long as you are using it and most insurance plans will not cover it because they consider it for cosmetic use. I even tried to find a way around that and had a derma contact the insurance to plead with them. The hair follicles were getting infected and the continued waxing was making acne treatment almost impossible. So we tried to use that story to get insurance to cover my script...but all my attempts were futile. The cream costs about a few hundred dollars for hardly a month's supply.

Laser. Thousand of dollars out. No gear. Hormonal management. Problem solved.

SS

STACEYK
08-08-2009, 02:02 PM

SS

EXACTLY:yep:

Peaceful28
08-08-2009, 05:30 PM
I would highly recommend laser hair removal as well. I did away with anything I would normally have to shave and I am pleased with that decision.

tammyp
08-08-2009, 05:39 PM
i would love to have my bikini area done. is it $$$..i can only imagine! i had laser treatment for my skin and they were 350$ a pop.

tight booty
08-08-2009, 07:41 PM
I've had laser done for my armpits and brazilan. It is definitely worth it. It doesn't treat blond hairs though, so I still have a few blondies.

prettymuscles
08-09-2009, 12:01 AM
I have done laser in the past only went for 4 sessions which worked but I have to go back obviously since i'm darked haired and at the time it was $270 a pop.. I'm def. going back in the fall/winter. My insurance will pay for it if prescribed by a psychologist only.. Do I need to fake I have psychological issues because of it...

fitbody
04-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Thousands of dollars later you realize that it really is not. But that is considering one continues to use. You have to eliminate the source of the problem for treatment to be effective.

If you are lucky and have good insurance, you could get your dermatologist to prescribe Vaniqa. Its a cream that slows down the growth of hair rather than removes it. So with continued treatment you would have to shave less and less often. However, it is only effective as long as you are using it and most insurance plans will not cover it because they consider it for cosmetic use. I even tried to find a way around that and had a derma contact the insurance to plead with them. The hair follicles were getting infected and the continued waxing was making acne treatment almost impossible. So we tried to use that story to get insurance to cover my script...but all my attempts were futile. The cream costs about a few hundred dollars for hardly a month's supply.

SS

thank you SS this is true
and really electrolysis is more permanent than laser
i have had tons of both
but seein i'm continuing to use the continue to come
and theres a big dif in what i use and how much
but i can tell you that electrolysis has made a huge dif in my facical hair massive really

fitbody
04-17-2010, 08:59 PM
I've had laser done for my armpits and brazilan. It is definitely worth it. It doesn't treat blond hairs though, so I still have a few blondies.

thatz the dif between laser and electrolysis
cuz electrolysis does get the blonde and white ones

s2h
04-18-2010, 06:31 AM

SS100% CORRECT.Have delt w/ this issue first hand(not me I'm a guy)w/ a female friend/competitor.She used the cream and laser to eliminate it to were you didnt even know!