PDA

View Full Version : Protan Stage Finish. Anyone use it?

sam
08-08-2009, 12:57 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pt/stagefinish.html

i'm hitting the tanning bed and planning to use protan overnight comp. color. i want to know if stage finish would be a good addition.

thanks for your feedback

sam

sam
08-10-2009, 06:54 AM
welp, getting no replies tells me something too. thanks anyway.

NATURAL-1987
08-22-2009, 01:20 PM
It really depends on the oranization and where your competing. I learned when I competed in Europe that they all us at least a whole jar of dream tan before they go on stage, some use 2, depending on how big they are.lol. A lot of natty feds in North America people use a thin coat of dream tan or something like stage finish as well(like 1/2 a bottle if your 200lbs). In the NPC and CBBF people usually only use pro-tan or jan tana. hope this helps, need anything else pm me.

SallyAnne
08-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't know anyone who's ever used it...

If it has the same gold finish as Dream Tan, stay away from it - however, it might be great for touch ups before you hit the stage if it is just bronzer with a little shine.

sam
08-22-2009, 03:29 PM
thats interesting, NATURAL-1987, how much tanning can vary from different federations and countries. this is an NPC show. i think i'll just stay away from the stuff and just play it safe with protan. it's my first show so i dont want to make anything more complicated than it has to be.

from what i understand SallyAnne, it's a newer product, so i figure a lot of folks haven't tried it yet. i'll wait and consider it some other time. now is not the time for me to be trying new and differnt things!

thanks for responding folks

XTRMGYM
08-22-2009, 07:23 PM
never used it, agree on the dreamtan

NATURAL-1987
08-22-2009, 11:41 PM
pro-tan is exactly what you should do if your NPC. just remember.If you think your dark enough do 2 more coats.you can never be too dark.Id suggest some muscle juice posing oil patted on to go with it.
If you ever switch feds or do an international show hit me up and I will help you out.

NATURAL-1987
08-22-2009, 11:42 PM
oh yeah, and good luck in your first show.

sam
08-23-2009, 08:25 AM
pro-tan is exactly what you should do if your NPC. just remember.If you think your dark enough do 2 more coats.you can never be too dark.Id suggest some muscle juice posing oil patted on to go with it.
If you ever switch feds or do an international show hit me up and I will help you out.

sounds good. do you think that one 8oz bottle of protan will be enough product to tan a middle weight?

oh yeah, and good luck in your first show.
thanks. i can't believe i'm only 3 weeks out now!!! time sure does fly!

NATURAL-1987
08-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Oh yeah, 1 one bottle will be fine. I tan my ass off 5 days a week for 12 weeks minimum before a show and I follow a 3 coats thursday,3 friday, and one saturday morning. do thin coats and make sure to spray it close enough to your body that it doesnt end up going in the air instead of on you.What show you doing?

sam
08-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Oh yeah, 1 one bottle will be fine. I tan my ass off 5 days a week for 12 weeks minimum before a show and I follow a 3 coats thursday,3 friday, and one saturday morning. do thin coats and make sure to spray it close enough to your body that it doesnt end up going in the air instead of on you.What show you doing?

ok thanks. i would have hated to end up running out only half painted, lol. as far as tanning, i'm doing the same as you. i'm tanning 5, sometimes 6 days a week. my irish skin resists tanning, so i've been at it for about 8 or more weeks already. it took a long time, but i'm a lot darker than my current blinding avatar pic. following what i've learned here, i plan to stop using any type of moisturizer a few days before i apply the tan and will exfoliate before i start applying.

i'm doing a show called the john simmons classic in detroit. it's a local, non-qualifier.

maxxmuscle
08-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Its pretty new isnt it ? A friend of mine used it.Very "Dull" looking ! No shine to it......

LuckyDog
08-23-2009, 03:38 PM
I bought a tub tested it and thought the same thing "thick and duller" then DT - same concept but maybe heavier. Quick Bronze I used and liked - I don't think my base was dark enough but I liked QB had I had a couple more coats of PT or JT to complete my color for PJing.

sam
08-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Its pretty new isnt it ? A friend of mine used it.Very "Dull" looking ! No shine to it......

I bought a tub tested it and thought the same thing "thick and duller" then DT - same concept but maybe heavier. Quick Bronze I used and liked - I don't think my base was dark enough but I liked QB had I had a couple more coats of PT or JT to complete my color for PJing.

dull doesn't sound like what we're looking for, does it. thanks for the feedback max and lucky. your comments help soildify my decision.