PDA

View Full Version : Please critique my Palumbo Diet

_N8O_
08-09-2009, 12:20 AM
I have just started using the Palumbo Diet to try and cut some bodyfat am am wondering if anyone would be able to check it over for me to see if it looks ok? I am 6'2 and around 195lbs at about 14% b/f. Currently i my diet looks like this

MEAL #1 5 whole eggs (OMEGA-3 EGGS ); 4 egg whites

MEAL #2 SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein & 20g peanuts

MEAL #3 "Lean Protein Meal": 225gz chicken with 20g peanuts

MEAL #4 SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein 20g peanuts

MEAL #5 "Fatty Protein Meal": 225g RED MEAT 20g peanuts and green salad

MEAL #6 SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein 20g peanuts

I cannot eat peanut butter as i have a reaction to it but peanuts are ok. On the chicken and steak meals i add a little mayo for flavour which is 1g pro, 10g fat and 0 carbs. I occasionaly eat a few olives just as a snack which have almost 0carbs and minimal protein with about 2g fat (from what the nutritional label on the bottle says) I am doing 40mins low intencity cardio on my lifting days (5 days a week) it seems to be going ok i have been on for 12 days now and have seen some fat lose but scale weight goe's up and down. am i on the right track? should i increase cardio or wait till i stop losing noticable fat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Frosty
08-09-2009, 12:34 AM
That's a ton of omega-6 fats. I look to using something other than peanuts like macadamia nuts preferably or also almonds.

How much fish oil are you taking?

Otherwise no need to up the cardio for now. Other than the fat sources it looks okay.

_N8O_
08-09-2009, 12:49 AM
haven't been taking any fish oil, to be honest i completely forgot about it. How much is recommended? Can i use cashew nuts instead of macadamia or almonds? the price is the issue with those or is there another source i could use? thanks for the quick reply frosty

Frosty
08-09-2009, 01:06 AM
Cashews contain way too many carbs. Go with almonds since they're cheaper than mac nuts.

I'd take at least 9g of fish oil a day.

_N8O_
08-09-2009, 01:09 AM
cool thanks man this helps a lot, i was worried i was doing something really wrong cheers bro

_N8O_
08-09-2009, 01:10 AM
oh just another quick question, should i keep the peanuts with the shakes as they are pretty much the same as peanut butter but switch to almonds for the other meals?

Frosty
08-09-2009, 01:12 AM
I have a big prejudice against peanuts. It's okay to do that I guess but really I think almonds should replace the peanuts ideally.

_N8O_
08-09-2009, 01:15 AM
is that because of the high omega-6 fat's? if you were on the diet would you replace the peanut butter with almonds also?

Frosty
08-09-2009, 11:41 AM
That's correct. I never use peanuts as part of a fat loss diet. I like macadamia nuts and extra virgin olive oil.