PDA

View Full Version : RAW guest hosts...

~gymdiva~
08-10-2009, 11:41 PM
let's discuss...pros, cons, whatever...

and here's the apparent reason behind the sudden guest host trend:

According to an inside source I spoke with earlier today, the real reason why WWE and Vince McMahon have decided to run the guest host concept on Raw is due to network pressure from Bonnie Hammer of USA.

The main feeling within NBC right now is that USA President Bonnie Hammer thinks Raw has lost it's "big star atmosphere." In looking at trending results, Hammer thought WWE's loss of Austin, Rock, etc followed by Shawn Michaels taking time off, and the brand split, has left Raw with only John Cena and Triple H as marquee names, with Randy Orton as the only new breakout star.

This is also why WWE is doing the "music video" version of Wrestlemania 25 on NBC, so that WWE can associate "more star power" with the brand. Bonnie Hammer was a huge proponent of the Donald Trump angle, but as predicted, WWE and Trump couldn't make the schedules work for long term for a longterm project, so Vince put the "celebrity guest" credit on Trump so whenever it's mentioned, it gets the rub from Trump. This is something that Bonnie Hammer is a big fan of.

The idea of Big Show vs Shaq on free TV instead of on pay per view is yet another example of WWE attempting to please USA and Bonnie Hammer, as normally Vince would book such a high profile match like that on PPV. However, with Bonnie Hammer being one of the few WWE supporters in NBC, and with the possibility that Hammer could very well one day become the next President of NBC, Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and Kevin Dunn are doing everything possible to keep her happy.

(credit: wrestlezone)

btw, don't think I didn't do a little snort when I saw that Freddie Prinze, Jr was next week's host...

~gymdiva~
08-10-2009, 11:42 PM
ok so make that a second snort when I just read this!

Credit to Josh LeBlanc and PWInsider.com for the following:

On a newscast for NBC Chicago today, Mike Adamle announced he would be making a WWE appearance in two weeks as Raw's guest host.

atomicplayboy3000
08-12-2009, 03:35 PM
I heard talk of Trish Stratus hosting RAW.
confirm/deny?

Gaoshang Xiongshou
08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Prinze Jr?? Adamle?! :nonono:

dallas3
08-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Why not have The Rock as a guest host since he's Hollywood now.

ROTFLMAO
08-16-2009, 06:13 PM
I think OJ should guest host

Gaoshang Xiongshou
08-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Why not have The Rock as a guest host since he's Hollywood now.

I love it!! This should definitely happen!

~gymdiva~
08-17-2009, 02:20 AM
well now ain't this interesting to contemplate:

by Matt Boone
Aug 16, 2009

Variety has a new article where they take a look at the WWE RAW guest-host gimmick and reveal some future candidates for the spot that have yet to be mentioned before.

The article claims WWE has successfully become part of the "talk show circuit" where hollywood's finest stops by to promote whatever they have going on right now. The article talks about the Jeremy Piven and Seth Green hosted shows, quoting Stephanie McMahon talking about how this raises awareness among the brand in Hollywood and will hopefully translate to new viewers.

Variety claims the stunt is successful thus far, claiming the show has increased by 10% in viewership since the angle started.

The Variety piece claims the following celebrities are confirmed as future RAW guest hosts: Bob Barker, Al Sharpton, Nancy O'Dell, Floyd Mayweather and LeBron James.

Celebrities in talks with WWE to host RAW, according to Variety include: Pete Wentz, Ashlee Simpson, the Osbournes, Danny DeVito, Regis Philbin, Kelly Ripa, Jimmy Fallon, Rachael Ray, MC Hammer, Woody Harrelson, Serena Williams and Ashton Kutcher.

The Big Sexy
08-17-2009, 02:24 AM
I would love to see MC Hammer host!!!

I think some good ones would also be: Flava Flav... Ludacris... and Rainn Wilson (as Dwight Schrute) along with Micheal Scott (Steve Carell)

Gaoshang Xiongshou
08-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em!!!

~gymdiva~
08-18-2009, 01:07 PM
uh, so much for what Adamle said:

by Nick Paglino
Aug 17, 2009

It was confirmed tonight on Raw that next week's show will be guest hosted by Floyd Mayweather, Jr. The show takes place live from Las Vegas.

~gymdiva~
08-25-2009, 12:28 AM
by Matt Boone
Aug 24, 2009

WWE did not announce a guest host for next week's WWE RAW show in Detroit. We reported earlier that the talk this past weekend was that it would be LeBron James, although that was still a rumor.

You can likely expect some kind of announcement in the form of a WWE.com update sometime within the next day or so confirming who the host for next week's RAW show will be.

~gymdiva~
08-31-2009, 08:53 AM
by Nick Paglino
Aug 30, 2009

Thanks to Tom Whitten for sending this in:

The September 14th edition of Monday Night Raw is being held in The Air Canada Center in Toronto. It has been announced that former WWE Diva Trish Stratus will be the guest host of the show that night.

~gymdiva~
08-31-2009, 08:54 AM
wooo! come on down!

by Nick Paglino
Aug 30, 2009

Bob Barker confirmed today that he will be the guest host of the September 7th edition of Monday Night Raw.

~gymdiva~
09-02-2009, 11:56 AM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 01, 2009

Last night's Raw broadcast finished with a 3.64 cable rating, which is down from last week's 3.93 draw. The show was watched by 5.13 million viewers.

guest host have anything to do with that? or was it more b/c it was up against Monday Night Football...specifically a game featuring Farve?

Mr. Dead
09-02-2009, 12:14 PM
guest host have anything to do with that? or was it more b/c it was up against Monday Night Football...specifically a game featuring Farve?

My bet would be the MNF game... A lot of people are waiting like buzzards to see Favre fall on his face... Besides... Seeing the "American Dweam" turn heel is always great TV...

Gaoshang Xiongshou
09-02-2009, 04:09 PM
wooo! come on down!

WaBVcQBiAT4

Bob!! Bob!!! Bob!! Bob!!! Bob!!

HAPPY!

:)

TPT
09-05-2009, 01:42 PM
by Nick Paglino
Aug 30, 2009

Thanks to Tom Whitten for sending this in:

The September 14th edition of Monday Night Raw is being held in The Air Canada Center in Toronto. It has been announced that former WWE Diva Trish Stratus will be the guest host of the show that night.

wow. this is cool. remember she was a fitness model and all over the bodybuilding magazines?

~gymdiva~
09-05-2009, 02:02 PM
yep...I always liked her physique back in the day...

TPT
09-05-2009, 03:34 PM
yep...I always liked her physique back in the day...

i did get tired of all those gtute shots. lol.

then a bunch of blondes with similar looks started getting jobs left and right!?

~gymdiva~
09-09-2009, 11:27 PM
by Nick Paglino
Sep 09, 2009

This week's WWE Raw broadcast, hosted by Bob Barker, finished with a 3.8 cable rating. This is up from last week's 3.6 draw.

~gymdiva~
09-24-2009, 09:36 PM
by Matt Boone
Sep 24, 2009

John sent along the following:

Dennis Miller said on his radio show, The Dennis Miller Show, that he will be the celebrity guest host for an upcoming edition of WWE RAW later this year.

As of right now, Miller is rumored to be a guest host at a RAW show sometime in December of 2009.

~gymdiva~
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
so next week we'll have:

by Nick Paglino
Sep 28, 2009

It was announced during tonight's Raw that next week's show will be guest hosted by Pittsburgh Steelers' quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. It was also announced that the entire Steelers' offensive line will be in attendance to help Roethlisberger guest host the show.

by Matt Boone
Sep 28, 2009

The following is from WWE.com:

Raw scene 'Steeler'
Written: September 28, 2009

Next week's special guest host for Monday Night Raw is no stranger to pressure situations and making snap decisions.

Just hours after leading the Pittsburgh Steelers against the San Diego Chargers, Ben Roethlisberger, quarterback of the defending NFL Super Bowl Champions, will guest host Monday Night Raw at Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., this Monday.

And he's not coming alone. Roethlisberger, the youngest Super Bowl winning quarterback in NFL history, will be bringing protection in the form of his Steelers' offensive line teammates to Wilkes-Barre.

"Big Ben" joins the prestigious list of past Raw celebrity guest hosts, including Olympic gold medalist Shaquille O’Neal, Emmy-winning actor Jeremy Piven and television legend Bob Barker.

Roethlisberger frequently attends Raw and SmackDown with his Steelers teammates when WWE visits Pittsburgh's Mellon Arena, which gives him up-close knowledge of the Superstars and Divas he will have control over next Monday night.

Roethlisberger's charitable foundation, The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation, seeks to provide support for police and fire departments throughout the United States and to enhance the quality of life for residents of Findlay, Ohio (his hometown) and Pittsburgh.

For the third season in a row, The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation will be distributing grants to police and fire departments in Pittsburgh and in the cities and surrounding communities of each regular season away opponent for the Steelers in 2009. The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation has invited police and fire departments in the eight cities to submit proposals detailing their needs.

In commenting on why the mission of the foundation is so important to him, Roethlisberger said, “It was an honor and a privilege to work with police and fire departments in and around the Pittsburgh area as well as with others around the country. We have had the opportunity to see first-hand how important (police)dogs are to these men and women who risk their lives every day to protect us. It’s incredible to see the strong bond that is formed between the dogs and their partners both on the job and at home.”

What plays will the two-time Super Bowl Champion draw up for the Raw Superstars and Divas? Will "Big Ben" call an audible, mixing things up for the next pay-per-view event, WWE Bragging Rights?

Find out next Monday as Roethlisberger breaks the huddle on Raw Monday night, 9/8 CT, on USA Network.

~gymdiva~
10-01-2009, 02:22 PM
more on Big Ben hosting:

by Matt Boone
Sep 30, 2009

The following is an excerpt from an article from ThePittsburghChannel.com:

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger is no stranger to taking his share of hits and body slams from opposing defenses, but the two-time Super Bowl quarterback of the Steelers could be looking to go on the offensive when he enters the squared circle next Monday.

Roethlisberger will serve as guest host of World Wrestling Entertainment’s flagship TV show, "Monday Night RAW," on Oct. 5. The host typically plays the role of the wrestlers' boss and matchmaker for the night.

"I'm aware of it. I just don't have a comment at this time," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said at his weekly news conference on Tuesday.

FULL ARTICLE (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/entertainment/21144198/detail.html)

~gymdiva~
10-01-2009, 02:24 PM
seems like a no-no:

by Nick Paglino
Sep 30, 2009

The Associated Press is reporting that Ben Roethlisberger did not inform The Pittsburgh Steelers coaching staff that he would be guest hosting Raw this Monday night, and only after it was announced on Raw this past week did the coaches find out. The report notes that "Roethlisberger is taking his offensive linemen with him, and left tackle Max Starks said Wednesday the players didn't tell the coaches in advance. The Steelers will hold a team meeting Monday, but Tuesday is the players' weekly day off."

~gymdiva~
10-01-2009, 02:30 PM
and we'll see if Ben does better than the reverend did:

by Matt Boone
Sep 30, 2009

This past Monday night's edition of WWE RAW (hosted by Rev. Al Sharpton) scored its' lowest number in quite a while with a 3.1 final cable rating. The show did hours of 3.06 and 3.15.

~gymdiva~
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
by Nick Paglino
Oct 01, 2009

PittsburghLive.com is reporting that Max Starks, Trai Essex, Justin Hartwig, Chris Kemoeatu, and Willie Colon will be joining Ben Roethlisberger in hosting Raw this Monday night.

~gymdiva~
10-02-2009, 11:55 AM
news on a potential guest host:

by Matt Boone
Oct 01, 2009

Justncredible818 sent along the following:

The Big Mosh, Blade, & "The Chairman Of The Board" welcomed Ice-T & Coco to The Monday Night Mayhem Radio Network to promote their return to Philadelphia this weekend (Friday, October 3rd & Saturday, October 4th), as part of The Ultimate Autographs & Collectibles Show (at The Greater Philadelphia Expo Center). For ticket information & the complete guest lineup (which will feature some of your favorite pro-athletes & entertainers of the past & present), simply log onto TurnbucklePromotions.com.

Last week saw the official confirmation comedian & talk-show host, Dennis Miller...this past Monday night saw the official announcement of Pittsburgh Steelers Super-Bowl winning QB, Ben Roethlisberger...On the heels of those two & in addition to such big names as Shaquille O'Neal, Floyd "Money" Mayweather, Rev. Al Sharpton, Bob Barker, & Jeremy Piven being given the opportunity to step into the WWE squared circle as special Guest Host, The Big Mosh asked Ice-T if there has been any discussion or negotiations for himself (along with Coco) to appear on RAW in the forthcoming months ahead. "Pimpin' Ain't Easy" was in full effect at WrestleMania 2000 (at The Pond in Anaheim, CA), so could we see Ice-T recreate that "E" magic once again...potentially this time, with his wife? "They called us, and the thing of it is that we just had to get time in our schedule that was free. We've been approached, so that's possibly in the future." Coco added that it is more than likely going to happen later this fall. Ice continued on by adding, "When they asked would we do it, we already said 'Yes.' It's just a matter of finding the right time...I had a great time when I did that thing (referring to his previous WWE experience). It was fun. I've never seen so much excitement as when you're going into a wrestling ring...That's crazy, and I've done concerts all over the world. I was overwhelmed."

~gymdiva~
10-02-2009, 11:59 AM
and news on what the guest hosts have done for ratings:

by Nick Paglino
Oct 01, 2009

OrlandoSentinel.com is reporting that overall, WWE's Raw ratings have been up since the company introduced the guest host concept. Since introducing the guest host concept, WWE has been averaging a 3.64 rating for Raw every week. During the same 14 week period last year, Raw was drawing an average of 2.95 per week.

FULL ARTICLE (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/wrestling/2009/10/do-guest-hosts-equal-ratings-on-wwe-raw.html)

~gymdiva~
10-03-2009, 11:33 PM
one more addition to the Ben saga:

by Nick Paglino
Oct 02, 2009

TimesOnline.com has obtained the following comment from Ben Roethlisberger concerning his decision to host this coming Monday night's edition of WWE Raw: "I got asked to do it. Vince McMahon asked me to do it, and I said, ‘Sure, why not?’ I mean, it’s our off day. I talked to (Tomlin) about it. I didn’t really ask for his permission. I talked to him about it to get a feel for if he was going to have a big problem with it. I figured he tell me. But like I said, it’s our off day."

~gymdiva~
10-06-2009, 11:27 AM
by Matt Boone
Oct 05, 2009

Nancy O'Dell and Maria Menounos from Access Hollywood will be the special guest hosts for next week's WWE RAW.

TPT
10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
by Matt Boone
Oct 05, 2009

Nancy O'Dell and Maria Menounos from Access Hollywood will be the special guest hosts for next week's WWE RAW.

that sucks. who the heck are they?!

~gymdiva~
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM
in case you missed it earlier tonight, it was announced that Snoop Dogg will be next week's guest host...word :afro:

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I saw that. I am not so sure about this one. But I like how tonight's Raw is playing out.

fatbackgoal
10-12-2009, 10:20 PM
that sucks. who the heck are they?!

They would be easy on the eyes

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-12-2009, 10:27 PM
They would be easy on the eyes

Eh... I have seen better.

~gymdiva~
10-12-2009, 10:38 PM
shoot they can host every week so far as I'm concerned...I've seen more wrestling in tonight's RAW than I've seen on there in a month!

~gymdiva~
10-12-2009, 10:46 PM
awwwww...I wasn't ready for that womens match to be over...it was just starting to see some action! :(

Gaoshang Xiongshou
10-12-2009, 10:48 PM
It was rather quick.

~gymdiva~
10-12-2009, 10:56 PM
ok wait, we need to meet in the random comments thread...

~gymdiva~
10-14-2009, 12:09 AM
by Nick Paglino
Oct 13, 2009

Last night's WWE Raw broadcast, hosted by Nancy O'Dell, drew a final 3.4 cable rating. This number is up from the previous week's 3.3 draw.

~gymdiva~
10-14-2009, 10:50 PM
by Matt Boone
Oct 14, 2009

Last night on the TV Show "Access Hollywood" hosts Nancy O'Dell and Maria Menounos showed clips of their appearance on RAW this past Monday night. Apparently on tonight's show there will be an even more in-depth piece on the two guest-hosting RAW this week.

Speaking of Menounos, she spoke with The Boston Globe recently about her appearance at RAW. She noted that she enjoyed wrestling as a kid and trained in wrestling to learn some basic moves for her match on the show. She noted that she hurt her tailbone during the match but she is OK.

~gymdiva~
10-14-2009, 11:04 PM
more on the possible Yankee hosting:

by Nick Paglino
Oct 14, 2009

Thanks to Devin Cutting for sending this in: WWE is holding Monday Night Raw at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota on January 11th, 2010. Tickets go on sale October 31st, 2009 at noon. Go to http://prowrestlingevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE wants a member of The New York Yankees, specifically either Derek Jeter or Johnny Damon, to host an upcoming edition of WWE Raw on November 16th. The show takes place at Madison Square Garden in NYC, and depending on how the Yankees fare in the playoffs, a deal could possibly be reached

ROTFLMAO
10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Another Rumored Raw Guest Host, Iron Man Adamle, Goldberg's Huge Breakfast
By Michael Bluth
Oct 15, 2009 - 4:28:23 PM

-- Actor Verne Troyer, best known as "Mini Me" from the Austin Powers movies, is rumored to be hosting WWE Raw this fall. One can imagine the comedy gold WWE will come up with between him and Horswoggle.

~gymdiva~
10-16-2009, 01:05 AM
by Nick Paglino
Oct 15, 2009

WWE.com has posted the official trailer for the upcoming Smackdown vs Raw 2010 video game.

The UK Sun has an article up suggesting several British stars who could host future episodes of WWE Raw. Amongst the names mentioned in the article are Vinnie Jones, co-star of The Condemned, Simon Cowell of American Idol fame, and boxer Ricky Hatton.

omg Simon could be so much fun if used properly...I already see a Jillian skit in the making...

ROTFLMAO
10-19-2009, 03:38 PM
-- The TV Guide preview for tonight's Monday Night RAW: "Snoop Dogg is guest host as John Cena meets Triple H in what could be Cena's Raw finale."

-- PWInsider.com reports a rumor that David Arquette will be hosting next week's RAW. Earlier this month, rumors claimed that "Saturday Night Live" star Andy Samberg was to host the episode, but a representative for Samberg shot those talks down. Next week's show, the 10/26 episode, emanates from Buffalo.

~gymdiva~
10-20-2009, 12:03 AM
by Matt Boone
Oct 19, 2009
It was announced on WWE RAW last night that next week's celebrity guest host for the post-Bragging Rights edition of RAW will be NASCAR drivers Kyle Busch and Joey Lagano.

~gymdiva~
10-21-2009, 12:15 AM
by Matt Boone
Oct 20, 2009
Last night's WWE RAW (Oct. 19, 2009) scored a final cable rating of 3.3, according to Nielsen Media Research.

~gymdiva~
10-27-2009, 02:11 PM
yea!!! my favorite Sharon! :hugme:

by Matt Boone
Oct 26, 2009
As we've been reporting for a while now, Ozzy Osbourne and his wife Sharon were confirmed as next week's WWE RAW celebrity guest hosts.

~gymdiva~
10-27-2009, 11:57 PM
something tells me it had something to do with the beyond sucky MNF game on but hey, whatever works to your advantage!

by Matt Boone
Oct 27, 2009
Last night's WWE RAW guest-hosted by NASCAR drivers Kyle Busch and Joey Logano (the post-Bragging Rights edition of the show) scored a final cable rating of 3.7, according to Nielsen Media Research.

That is up a decent amount from last week, for those keeping track.

ROTFLMAO
10-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Roddy Piper Hosting Raw & Wants To Wrestle Vince, "Always Sunny" Cameo
By Michael Bluth
Oct 29, 2009 - 11:35:15 AM

In an interview with IconvsIcon.com, WWE Hall of Famer Rowdy Roddy Piper says that he'll be hosting an upcoming edition of WWE Raw. While Piper hosting WWE Raw seems to be an indication that everything is fine between the two parties, that's far from the case. Piper says he wasn't happy with his involvement at WrestleMania 25 this April and wants to close his career on a better note.

"I wasn’t very happy with Wrestlemania XXV. In my mind, I want to put a cap on it as you say, with one more match, an extraordinary performance," Piper said. "Ya know the clock is tickin’, let’s be honest, so sooner rather then later. So, I think if you saw me in Raw that it would be leading into that match. I don’t know what it is yet. But yeah, you are correct."

Since WrestleMania back in April, Piper has been outspoken against WWE for booking him in a three-on-one handicap match with Ricky Steamboat and Jimmy Snuka against Chris Jericho. "I wasn't wild about WrestleMania 25 to put it mildly. There's not a chance in hell that that's the last way you're gonna see me," Piper said on the Monday Night Mayhem radio show in August. "There will definitely be a return of Roddy Piper...and sooner than later. How many more fights I have in me, I don't know."

Piper knows that his days in the ring are virtually over, but he's got an idea for one more high profile match that he'd like to see take place at WrestleMania 26 next year. "You got Vince McMahon who's done a great job of promoting, who became a bodybuilder, and the last I saw him, I think he's convinced himself he could fight now," Piper said. "I say this...why don't you just put Roddy Piper and Vince McMahon in the ring."

~gymdiva~
10-30-2009, 12:23 AM
by Nick Paglino
Oct 29, 2009
According to a report by The UK Sun, WWE has announced that boxer Ricky Hatton will be the guest host of Raw on November 9th. This coming Monday's show will be hosted by Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne.

TPT
11-02-2009, 10:26 PM
raw has been awesome with ozzy and sharon. som really funny skits.

Gaoshang Xiongshou
11-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Damned work schedule has taken me away from Raw and Smackdown the past two weeks.

ROTFLMAO
11-02-2009, 11:31 PM
YOU MUST USE DVR Shaolin Moderator...

Gaoshang Xiongshou
11-03-2009, 12:16 AM
YOU MUST USE DVR Shaolin Moderator...

That means I have to purchase one first :D

ROTFLMAO
11-03-2009, 02:47 AM
In due time Shaolin Moderator.....

fatbackgoal
11-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Last nights Raw was probably the best they have had in quite some time. Hornswaggle as Jack Osbourne was priceless. Some of the matches were quite good as well. I know he does not have the size but Evan Bourne should be pushed heavily while I can't see where they are going with the Scottish ghost.

~gymdiva~
11-10-2009, 11:20 AM
by Matt Boone
Nov 09, 2009
It was revealed during the WWE RAW tapings in England (featuring guest host Ricky "Hitman" Hatton) that next week's special guest host for WWE RAW in Madison Square Garden in New York City will be WWE Hall Of Famer "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

~gymdiva~
11-11-2009, 11:00 PM
by Matt Boone
Nov 11, 2009
According to PWInsider.com, the NBC employee that WWE had hoped to book as celebrity guest host for next week's RAW at Madison Square Garden in New York City is "Late Night" host and former Saturday Night Live star Jimmy Fallon. Due to scheduling issues Fallon was unable to take the booking.

Instead, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper will be the special guest host next week.

ROTFLMAO
11-18-2009, 06:30 PM
WWE renews deal with USA, Talks RAW hosts, Reveals next week's guest
By Brian Cantor
Nov 16, 2009 - 2:01:56 PM

WWE and the USA Network issued a joint press release Monday announcing an extension of their cable television partnership through 2014.

"I couldn’t be happier about continuing one of the most successful collaborations in television history," said NBC Universal Cable's Bonnie Hammer. "Vince McMahon and his entire team are an invaluable part of the USA family."

The press release also touted the success of the weekly guest host concept on RAW, noting that the roster of hosts, which includes "Shaquille O’Neal, Jeremy Piven, Ozzy Osbourne, Bob Barker, Snoop Dogg, Ben Roethlisberger and Rev. Al Sharpton," has produced an across-the-board improvement in the show's viewership. Since implementing the guest host strategy, the show has garnered "+11 % more total viewers, +16% more P12-17, +9% more P25-54, + 3% more P18-49 and +17% more households compared to the same time period last year."

-- On the subject of guest hosts, WWE also issued a press release confirming that Jesse Ventura will host next week's Thanksgiving-themed show in support of his "Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura" series.

ROTFLMAO
11-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Three Future Guest Hosts For WWE RAW Revealed
By Amish Patel
Nov 18, 2009 - 6:23:08 PM

- The following have been confirmed by WWE as guest hosts for Monday night RAW:

WWE has confirmed the following guest hosts for Monday Night Raw:

November 30th: Verne "Mini Me' Troyer
December 7th: Mark Cuban
December 14th: Dennis Miller

TPT
11-24-2009, 12:42 AM
raw was awesome with jesse ventura as guest host.

great job by cena putting sheamus over. i think thats how you spell his name.

~gymdiva~
11-24-2009, 09:58 AM
I got to see some of it the gym last night and I loved the thought of them coming back as the old announce team for a hot minute....the old clips were making me laugh so hard!

TPT
11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I got to see some of it the gym last night and I loved the thought of them coming back as the old announce team for a hot minute....the old clips were making me laugh so hard!

you gotta check the replay on mundos (ie, a spanish cable channel). it was so nostalgic with some mondern ties. jesse went sort of shoot at moments with a heel edge. especially at the end when putting over sheamus.

~gymdiva~
11-29-2009, 08:38 PM
by Nick Paglino
Nov 28, 2009
Source: The Wrestling Observer

When Mark Cuban hosts Raw on December 7th, it's being reported that he will be there to promote The Dallas Mavericks as well as the new "Mark Cuban's Puzzle Palace" application for the iPhone.

ROTFLMAO
12-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Two Hollywood Guest Hosts Announced For RAW In January
By Amish Patel
Dec 7, 2009 - 5:20:18 PM

- The following was announced by World Wrestling Entertainment today:

Jan. 18, 2010 Raw Guest Hosts: Jon Heder & Don Johnson
Stars from the soon-to-be-released film When in Rome, Jon Heder and Don Johnson, will take center stage on Raw on Jan. 18 from Knoxville, Tenn. Known mostly from his role as the discomfited and unintentionally humorous main character in Napoleon Dynamite, Heder enjoyed tremendous success this decade in a variety of comedies. Johnson, meanwhile, who became a popular television icon in the 1980s when starring in the hit series Miami Vice, continues to be an admired Hollywood actor. Their new film is set to be released in theaters on Jan. 29.

ROTFLMAO
12-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Posted in: WWE
Mark Cuban vs. Randy Orton and Legacy on This Coming Monday's RAW in Dallas?
By Marc Middleton
Dec 4, 2009 - 8:00:59 AM

- DallasNews.com is teasing that Mark Cuban may be wrestling at RAW this coming week as he will be the special guest host. Cody Rhodes has challenged Cuban to get in the ring at this week's show. It looks like they are playing off the RKO that Randy Orton gave Cuban back in 2003.

"We've had some guest hosts like Bob Barker who couldn't get in the ring, but Mark Cuban is a pretty active guy," Rhodes said. "I suggest that if he wants to get some payback on [Orton], he bring a couple of Cowboys or Mavericks to the ring on Monday and put his money where his mouth is. We'll have an old-fashioned six-man tag match."

Cuban's response to the paper: "What makes them think I would need any help? Orton got lucky one time. It won't happen again."

ROTFLMAO
12-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Posted in: WWE
Mark Cuban Discusses RAW Appearance, What Did NBA Tell The Mavericks?
By Amish Patel
Dec 9, 2009 - 7:48:54 AM

- During the Mavericks pre-game show, owner Mark Cuban mentioned his appearance on RAW, saying he is sore, but loved every minute of it.

Cuban mentioned how he enjoyed catching up with Vince McMahon and called WWE family, saying anytime they get together is fun. He also compared RAW to the spirit of a Mavs game, without worrying about the winning or the losing element.

The NBA had told the Mavericks they were not allowed in the ring, despite Sheamus' putting Cuban through a table.

ROTFLMAO
12-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Monday Night RAW Rating for This Week's Show with Mark Cuban as Host
By Marc Middleton
Dec 8, 2009 - 7:33:23 PM

Source: PWInsider.com

- Last night's edition of WWE RAW with Mark Cuban as the special guest host did a 3.2 cable rating.

The show did hours of 3.18 and 3.28. Monday Night Football on ESPN this week did a 9.7 rating, down from recent weeks.

ROTFLMAO
12-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Details on Legit Heat Between Vince McMahon and a Recent WWE RAW Guest Host
By Marc Middleton
Dec 18, 2009 - 11:16:16 AM

Source: Prowrestling.net

- There was said to be legitimate tension between Vince McMahon and Slammy guest host Dennis Miller at last week's RAW. Miller was late to the building and sources say he arrived only a couple hours before the show.

Vince really did try to give Miller some comedy pointers for his stand-up on the stage. The comments Miller made during their appearance on stage together about Vince giving him comedy pointers were unscripted.

WWE officials weren't happy with Miller not being able to connect with the live crowd.

TPT
12-21-2009, 11:04 PM
just watched johnny damon on raw and he sucked.

sheamus got no reaction at all. and thats our world champion.

~gymdiva~
12-21-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm not surprised by that...he was put over too soon...

LANCE ADAM
12-24-2009, 01:57 AM
WORST SHOW EVER. by gawd every1 bakstage knows the show sucks. was there monday. its more of a chill laid back fuckaround with peeps atmosphere, the champ is a joke. he was just in developmental doin NOTHIN! im not haitin on him cuzs hes cool and his gf is hot. but managemt is so fuckd up. RUININ THE COMPANY. Y DO U THINK DANIELSON AINT DOIN SHIT! dx hog up $ mercahndise. while some peeps make 50k a year.as independent contractor

TPT
12-29-2009, 01:11 PM
timberland was doodoo last night.

straight gargage.

ROTFLMAO
12-29-2009, 04:31 PM
It was like he rolled out bed an took a taxi to the arena

~gymdiva~
01-02-2010, 11:59 PM
by Nick Paglino
Jan 02, 2010

WWE.com has posted the following announcement:

Jan. 25, 2010: James Roday & Dule Hill
Two days before their USA Network original hit series, Psych, returns for its winter season, stars James Roday & Dule Hill will be the special guest hosts of Raw from Columbus, Ohio. Then, on Jan. 27, John Cena will join Roday & Hill on the "You Can't Handle This Episode" season four continuation show on it's new night, Wednesday, at 10/9 CT. For more on Roday, Hill and Pysch, visit USANetwork.com.

ROTFLMAO
01-05-2010, 06:31 PM
WWE Announces the Special Guest Host for Monday Night RAW on February 1st
By Marc Middleton
Jan 5, 2010 - 5:24:00 PM

- WWE has announced that William Shatner will be the special guest host of the February 1st episode of Monday Night RAW from Nashville, Tennessee.

Shatner will be promoting The Hollywood Charity Horse Show, where the proceeds go to various children's charities.