PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder Injury

Catarina W
08-10-2009, 11:56 PM
I recently inured my left shoulder, but I don't know what caused it, a fall, or because I was training heavy.

I'm inclined to think that now that I had a little pain in my other shoulder that it was from training too heavy, but I never felt anything at all when I was pushing those weights. I was very careful.

Now, I'm babying it like crazy for a week and it appears the pain is subsiding in my left shoulder and totally gone in the right. I've never had a shoulder injury or muscle tear ever; so sorry if I appear to sound so ignorant about it, but I am. I train hard, but I do my best not to beyond my limits.

I don't know what this is...it doesn't seem like a tear, there was no black and blue around the area. I've seen tears on others before.

My question is this, if the pain is subsiding now, do you think it's just a small contusion? How long does it take for something like this to heal?

Thanks.

zubbeyboy
08-11-2009, 12:00 AM
My advice is to go to a Physical Therapist.They will speed the healing tremendously.I am currently dealing with a shoulder injury from last Thursday.If you are really concerned get a MRI.
Good Luck!!
I feel your pain.

Catarina W
08-11-2009, 12:08 AM
My advice is to go to a Physical Therapist.They will speed the healing tremendously.I am currently dealing with a shoulder injury from last Thursday.If you are really concerned get a MRI.
Good Luck!!
I feel your pain.
hmmmm...well, I would, but I don't have anything but emergency insurance right now.

I really appreciate your input though and I hope your shoulder heals quickly. :flowers:

zubbeyboy
08-11-2009, 12:26 AM
hmmmm...well, I would, but I don't have anything but emergency insurance right now.

I really appreciate your input though and I hope your shoulder heals quickly. :flowers:
Understandable for sure.Are you icing it?If not Ice it like 3-4 times a day and take ibuprofen (keeps inflamation down).Get the plastic dixie cups fill them 3/4 water and freeze em.Then cut bottom quarter off with a blade.Apply ice to sore area (keep it moving as you dont want to burn skin).Do that for 10 minutes.Alternate that with a ice pack.Dont do anything that irritates it. Good Luck

Catarina W
08-11-2009, 12:52 AM
Understandable for sure.Are you icing it?If not Ice it like 3-4 times a day and take ibuprofen (keeps inflamation down).Get the plastic dixie cups fill them 3/4 water and freeze em.Then cut bottom quarter off with a blade.Apply ice to sore area (keep it moving as you dont want to burn skin).Do that for 10 minutes.Alternate that with a ice pack.Dont do anything that irritates it. Good Luck

Yes, I've been icing it and taking ADVIL I'm going to start using your innovative way to ice though! :) Thanks for the cool idea....I appreciate your input...thanks so much and good luck to you as well.