PDA

View Full Version : Give advice please

RNP
08-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I want to compete in 2010. I have a good amount of fat to lose but also need to add some more mass to be competitive?? Which issue should I address first?? Thanks for any suggestions

Team Franco
08-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Both!!! You can lose fat slowly and gain muscle slowy at the same time.
Put the game plan together and start now. I prefer the very long prep for this reason alone.

RNP
08-11-2009, 06:00 PM
what would be a good cardio and diet protocol to achieve both??

Team Franco
08-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Thats a tough question as we need more information from you!

Just for example, age, sex, weight, body type, what have you done in the past, access to a gym, days per week can you train, current program for exercise and macro's if any, and so on.

So, what I would suggest is to start slow and not overdue it from the start.

bigleemurali
08-12-2009, 02:44 AM
In my opinion you should hit for gaining size first but at the same time try to prevent any more fat deposits. When you improve lean body mass the amount of fat in your body seems to be less.
For eg. A 200 lb person having 20lb of fat is at 10% bodyfat
but a 220 lb person with 20 lb fat is at around 9% bodyfat...

so for now, hit the gym hard, eat plenty of protein in all your meals and restrict your big carb meals to breakfast and around workouts alone. In all other meals prioritize protein and take in essential fats and fibrous carbs

and when you are 4 months out from your show, following a regular low carb diet or the keto diet would help you get in shape bro

Cheers