PDA

View Full Version : ECA Stack - Up & Down regulating receptors

Tami Bellon
08-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Ok - I've heard that you need to and don't need to cycle on and off this stack.

Yes or no......and why? ;)

mshrdbdy
08-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Bump!!

sassy69
08-14-2009, 01:16 AM
I think just generally you should cycle off anything that you put into your body for extended periods of time & let it run the way its designed to run (i.e. on its own w/ the outside influences).

Mr Incredible
08-14-2009, 04:21 AM
The reason you cycle it is because you become used to the effecits of the E and it takes more and more to keep it working thermogenically. In that respect its a bit like clen. This is why many chose to cycle it with clen it all depends over what period you chose to use it. Many people to 2 weeks ECA and 2 weeks clen then over again. However some BB's that have been dieting with reasonable success may introduce both about 4 weeks out and run them together. The effects of either at a stable dose will begin to diminish between 2-4 weeks but its fair to say that usually there will be some effect up to 4 weeks.

So in answer to the TS, the decision of wether you need to cycle or not is really determined by the length of time you want to use them, however;

There is a school of thought that you can keep your bodies receptors from down grading/getting used to both compounds with the scimultanaous introduction of ketotifen, keto will also help you sleep if use an hour or so before bed and remember not to use either E or Clen after about 3-4pm. The use of Keto is thought to extend the period of effectiveness of clen to say 8 weeks but not indefinately.

Personally as a guy I don't enjoy the feeling of E or clen after a day or two but if your gonna compete needs must

~gymdiva~
08-14-2009, 04:38 AM
I did pick up from Dave one day while Colette did my makeup that running clen and an ECA together was not a good idea b/c they compete for the same receptors so the alternating weeks (particularly while prepping) may be a good route to try...

Mr Incredible
08-14-2009, 07:46 AM
I did pick up from Dave one day while Colette did my makeup that running clen and an ECA together was not a good idea b/c they compete for the same receptors so the alternating weeks (particularly while prepping) may be a good route to try...
there's alot of theories out there, another is that while clen has a great thermogenic effect it also slows down the bodys rate of conversion from T4 to T3, essentially making the bodys own Thyroid system less effective, and that the way E works is to speed up the rate of conversion of T4 to T3 so it counters that negative reaction.

I think the cycling idea is a good one though otherwise your likely to feel strung out

Wolfpack
08-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Ephedrine is non-selective, in that it activates both beta 1 and beta 2 receptors. Clen is more specific to the beta 2 receptors. Overall, I think ephedrine is better at fat burning, but both are effective is used properly. I try not to use ephedrine for more than 8 consecutive weeks and only use it pre-contest.

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
08-14-2009, 11:52 PM
I just started cycling it again after a few months off. While training legs today, my head had sharp pains in the front that whipped around so fast till the whole circumference of my head was pounding. It was a mini Aneurysm. After my left ear started to ring loudly.
Has anyone ever experienced such symptoms? I have been on and off with ephedrine for years, and don't understand why this happened.

sassy69
08-15-2009, 01:09 AM
I just started cycling it again after a few months off. While training legs today, my head had sharp pains in the front that whipped around so fast till the whole circumference of my head was pounding. It was a mini Aneurysm. After my left ear started to ring loudly.
Has anyone ever experienced such symptoms? I have been on and off with ephedrine for years, and don't understand why this happened.

Were you training heavy? The stress of the exertion of a heavy rep can cause pain.

What specifically are you using? Your own ECA stack (i.e. aspirin, ephedra, caffeine pills) or an OTC thermo? The stim effect can cause headaches too.

Mr Incredible
08-15-2009, 07:19 AM
dehydration, heavy lifting over stimulated CNS.

Don't use E every day would be my advice, use it before training when using it and son't over do it.

GirlyMuscle
08-15-2009, 08:12 AM
So if clen and ephedra both downgrade beta 2 receptors then wouldn't that mean that cycling them has no merit? The beta 2 receptors never get a chance to "rest?"

I miss my ephedra. :(

Nitro Fueled Barbie/Mel Marx
08-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Were you training heavy? The stress of the exertion of a heavy rep can cause pain.

What specifically are you using? Your own ECA stack (i.e. aspirin, ephedra, caffeine pills) or an OTC thermo? The stim effect can cause headaches too.

I used Vasopro and this fitness coffee I just got a hold of.

kugokx55
10-08-2009, 09:07 PM
It's interesting!Army surplus (http://www.ruans-tech.com/) online shop offers military surplus products, army, body armor (http://www.ruans-tech.com/body-armor.htm) ,pouch belt (http://www.ruans-tech.com/pouch-belt.htm) ,military and police supply,pouch (http://www.ruans-tech.com/pouch-belt.htm) items and more. Best army surplus for you!